What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How big of a raise did you get? (1 Viewer)

How big of a raise did you get?

• 0%

Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Less than 2%

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • 2-4%

Votes: 59 50.0%
  • 4-6%

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • 6-8%

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • 8+%

Votes: 11 9.3%

• Total voters
I only have a part time retirement job but I received by far my biggest percentage raise ever this year.  I went from $12.15 an hour to $15 an hour.  I think that is in the 24% range.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't find out until mid-February. Last year it was 3.3%. Most raises in my group are 2-6% but people will get 0% if they're in the salary band for their job grade and they're ranked in the bottom 10-20%.

Hopefully needing to be precise isn't part of your part time gig.

:P
sorry, this is going over my head.  I am just going to assume I am an idiot here and not understanding what you are saying.  I was making a little over $12 (like $12.15 when I got the raise.)  I am pretty sure it was in the 24% range but I will just end this since I am obviously missing something.

ok I guess I am an idiot. :)

You guys tell me what I got for a raise.

Old salary $12.15 an hour

New Salary: $15 an hour
when you said it was $12 to $15, 25% is the obvious answer (3/12).  I don't take issue with ballparking, I just thought it was peculiar in that situation since 25% makes more sense to use as a ballpark than 24% (and it happened to be the correct answer in that case).

when you said it was $12 to $15, 25% is the obvious answer (3/12).  I don't take issue with ballparking, I just thought it was peculiar in that situation since 25% makes more sense to use as a ballpark than 24% (and it happened to be the correct answer in that case).
I will edit my post to add in the extra .15 so it is not so confusing.

Employer found out that I was looking for a new job in February and gave me a 10% raise and 5% bonus.

I'll probably get a 3-5% raise in Feb/March. Bonus is doubtful but possible.

Not a raise, but I'll be getting a much higher draw on my fee sharing percentage. 

You would have gotten a much better distribution if you went 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9+.  2-4% is going to capture most as inflation is at the lower end of that.

fantasycurse42 said:
Looks to be about $2 and 85 cents if my math is right, will need MoP for confirmation though.
Good news guys - just put this in front of my accountant, he has confirmed $2.85 for me here. MoP has also PM'd me, his numbers are close enough, so I'm sticking with $2.85.

Roughly 55% give or take a few points and depending on what I give out for Christmas bonuses and spend on new computers this month.

my company has changed philosophy recently......away from raises, focus on incentive based compensation.

no raises last 2 years, but bonuses of 20-25%.  I am ok with that, I mean my company struggles to earn $1billion a quarter in profit, so we all need to tighten our belts.

TheAristocrat said:
Employer found out that I was looking for a new job in February and gave me a 10% raise and 5% bonus.

I'll probably get a 3-5% raise in Feb/March. Bonus is doubtful but possible.
There with ya, 20% bump. I've doubled my salary in 3.5 years. I have a feeling this is the last year they'll be able to keep me.

Good news guys - just put this in front of my accountant, he has confirmed $2.85 for me here. MoP has also PM'd me, his numbers are close enough, so I'm sticking with $2.85.
You need a better accountant. You're paying him to fudge the numbers, not run them accurately.

Users who are viewing this thread