What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Home Schooling Help (1 Viewer)

I'm resigned to the fact that my 1st grade twins will get little advancement in their education for the remainder of the school year.  Their peers in their class will get even less I think.

Still waiting to hear if this will be happening for 3rd grade floppinha...class of 32 kids. 7th grade floppinho has only 12 kids in the entire grade, so they're able to zoom meet fairly well (I did hear him yelling at the kids to shut up so he could ask the teacher a question).

First day of remote school seems to have gone really well, although wife says the setup is likely beyond most unaccompanied 3rd graders and will require parental supervision/aid for a while.
Nothing like Marimba lesson at home while I'm trying to work.

I'm resigned to the fact that my 1st grade twins will get little advancement in their education for the remainder of the school year.  Their peers in their class will get even less I think.
If you can get them to read and write as much as possible that’s the biggest thing. 

anybody tried this: https://www.altaipsum.com/

A web-based organization, planning, and grade-tracking tool, Alta Ipsum is designed to help students understand their strengths and weaknesses, study more effectively, and achieve their goals.

Running a 99% off special...

I know a number of folks on this site home school their kids.  My kids are now out of school until April 20th and would love some advice/help from people who have experience.  School district is hoping to do remote learning but who knows how/if that will work.  My wife and I are working from home so trying to tag-team this a bit and would love some advice from folks experienced with it.  

We pulled our kids from school on Thursday and basically made it a long weekend of it but have started a schedule for the day outlined below.  We also purchased a bunch of work books from Amazon, etc. to get them started on Thursday night so we have some materials but that was just buying stuff at random at grade level.  Also, any resources, etc. anyone is aware of I would appreciate it.  I have twin girls who are 7 and a son who is 10.  Though hope this can help with all age kids.  

7 am wake up, breakfast, get dressed, make beds, etc.

8 am - 1 hour outdoor playtime.  I know it is early but less folks out an about at that hour in a kids setting. We went for a family walk/scooter rides

9 am - 1 hour doing workbooks mentioned above (did math today)

10 am - Creative activity hour.  We joined a lego challenge where we do new project everyday.  Imagine this would change up and be art, etc. on different days

11 am - Reading/journal writing hour

noon - lunch for half hour

1230 - 1:30 pm - Household chores for about an hour

1:30 - 2:30 pm - Online learning hour.  Our school has access to some online systems already to help in math/reading and having kids do that.

2:30 - 3:30 pm - Break/free activity time

3:30 - 4:30 pm - Homework (have left over homework type stuff having them do but will run out of that quick) but want to do one other stretch during day

4:30 to bed - regular home activities until bed, etc.   
I think one of the most helpful things we can do for our kids is create structure.

We had a good remote learning experience this spring - and I think a lot of that was down to the fact that I got the kids up everyday at the same time they would have gotten up to go to school.  The had breakfast, and then they each had a designated school area - not their rooms.  About an hour for lunch and phone-time, and then back to school until about 4.

Middle school student probably had too much work from school - and she was busy pretty much all day.

High school student had less work in some classes, but we supplemented the school work with ACT study guides / practice tests.

Both will be in High School this fall, and we are starting remote.  We are expecting a more structured class load for both of them - though the freshman will still have more work.

Users who are viewing this thread