What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Holly Jolly Palooza: Collaborative Xmas playlist project complete w/ 12 1/2 playlists for your holiday enjoyment (1 Viewer)

3.xx Soulful

Some soulfulness comes from peering into the expanse. In this case the expanse is brought to you from Midland, TX. I figured snow and lights qualified under the weather/seasonal part of the requirements.

4.xx Soulful

This one my nephew introduced me to. It might be more pop than soul, but I'm going with soul. The Grinch had none until his heart grew two sizes that day.

Soulful

Christmas Will Really Be Christmas - Lou Rawls

Love the lyrics to this one. Written by the great J.W. Alexander, who worked closely with Sam Cooke and Lou Rawls.

Christmas will really be Christmas
When folks are happy everywhere
When there's laughter for everyone to share

When people can live with each other
When peace on Earth has come to stay
I said, Christmas will really be Christmas
With the whole world in a better way

When hearts are filled with joy
Instead of worry and fear
That's when the words, "Merry Christmas"
Will be so much more sincere

So let's all keep hoping and praying
The time will soon be coming when

Overplayed

Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee (#1 song 65 years later)

Last edited:
Soulful

Soulful Christmas - James Brown

“I’ll be groovin’ at Christmas time”

Overplayed

The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole

Probably my favorite Christmas song

Nothing too fancy here

Soulful
This Christmas by Donny Hathaway

Overplayed
Last Christmas by Wham

I know some despise the Wham song. I really like it, but it does get far too much play. It should be a sneaky Xmas gem and not one of the all time 10 most played holiday songs.
This Christmas (Hathaway version) is what I was gonna post. I was filling out forms for something until 1 AM and then went straight to bed. :laugh:

I'm already picturing the AAA Christmas Extravaganza......

We are live from The Little Nell in Aspen, Colorado. The snow is falling, and the fire is roaring. The wine, whiskey and hot chocolate are flowing amongst the star-studded crowd. The lights go low and bam, the Godfather of Soul - Mr. James Brown enters with his band to start the festivities...

I ain't talkin' just to tease
People like you, you don't grow on trees
Lookie here, that's what it's gonna be
Have everything I need
Around my soulful Christmas tree
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year
I love you, have good cheer
I love you, good God

The crowd is already in a frenzy. Brown finishes with an emphatic, Come to see my show, see my show. Next up is sweet little Gayla Peevey. She sheepishly makes her way to the front while James is wiping the sweat from his brow. "Little white girl, good god!". He hugs her, gets the crowd pumped up and Gayla begins.

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll
No donkey tinker toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy

The crowd is enchanted - Gayla is mid song when small hippo balloons fall from the ceiling. Everybody gets a hippopotamus for Christmas! And hippopotamuses like me too.........

The lights dim, a spotlight goes on the enormous fireplace. A stagehand walks a stool out right in front. A hush falls over the crowd. Out, slowly, walks the legend, Mr. Nat King Cole. You can hear a pin drop. This is what everyone came to hear....

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos
Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe
Help to make the season bright
Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow
Will find it hard to sleep tonight

Many are saying this is the greatest Christmas performance ever - what a group of talent...what a night! And just when you thought it can't get any better....

In walk 20 drummers dressed as nutcracker soldiers, flanked by...uh, who the hell is this guy?!? The rhythmic drumming continues. Children are loving the soldiers; the drumming comes to a crescendo. Here it is.....

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
Rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum

Cole looks a combination of confused, disgusted and shocked. Little Gayla is trying not to laugh and suddenly from the back we hear, GOOD GOD.....GOOD GOD.....GOOD GOD...........

Nothing too fancy here

Soulful
This Christmas by Donny Hathaway

Overplayed
Last Christmas by Wham

I know some despise the Wham song. I really like it, but it does get far too much play. It should be a sneaky Xmas gem and not one of the all time 10 most played holiday songs.
This Christmas (Hathaway version) is what I was gonna post. I was filling out forms for something until 1 AM and then went straight to bed. :laugh:
You recovered well with Stevie

On the second day of Christmas, Yo Mama sang off key:

Soulful - Christmas in Hollis - Run DMC

Soulful - Silent Night - The Temptations

I'm already picturing the AAA Christmas Extravaganza......

We are live from The Little Nell in Aspen, Colorado. The snow is falling, and the fire is roaring. The wine, whiskey and hot chocolate are flowing amongst the star-studded crowd. The lights go low and bam, the Godfather of Soul - Mr. James Brown enters with his band to start the festivities...

I ain't talkin' just to tease
People like you, you don't grow on trees
Lookie here, that's what it's gonna be
Have everything I need
Around my soulful Christmas tree
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year
I love you, have good cheer
I love you, good God

The crowd is already in a frenzy. Brown finishes with an emphatic, Come to see my show, see my show. Next up is sweet little Gayla Peevey. She sheepishly makes her way to the front while James is wiping the sweat from his brow. "Little white girl, good god!". He hugs her, gets the crowd pumped up and Gayla begins.

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll
No donkey tinker toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy

The crowd is enchanted - Gayla is mid song when small hippo balloons fall from the ceiling. Everybody gets a hippopotamus for Christmas! And hippopotamuses like me too.........

The lights dim, a spotlight goes on the enormous fireplace. A stagehand walks a stool out right in front. A hush falls over the crowd. Out, slowly, walks the legend, Mr. Nat King Cole. You can hear a pin drop. This is what everyone came to hear....

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos
Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe
Help to make the season bright
Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow
Will find it hard to sleep tonight

Many are saying this is the greatest Christmas performance ever - what a group of talent...what a night! And just when you thought it can't get any better....

In walk 20 drummers dressed as nutcracker soldiers, flanked by...uh, who the hell is this guy?!? The rhythmic drumming continues. Children are loving the soldiers; the drumming comes to a crescendo. Here it is.....

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
Rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum

Cole looks a combination of confused, disgusted and shocked. Little Gayla is trying not to laugh and suddenly from the back we hear, GOOD GOD.....GOOD GOD.....GOOD GOD...........
:popcorn:

You're too late for Monday but I've added them to the playlist because it's Christmas.

Everybody else is welcome to join in with the Tuesday categories.
Ok, thanks. I will post on time or stfu going forward!
We'll see what the bong says about that. :laugh:

You're too late for Monday but I've added them to the playlist because it's Christmas.

Everybody else is welcome to join in with the Tuesday categories.
Ok, thanks. I will post on time or stfu going forward!
We'll see what the bong says about that. :laugh:
How dare you.

I guess krista4 called it, because I was going with this one but decided I'd go with Tyler, The Creator instead. But this and another one were at the forefront of my mind right when I decided to do this.

I guess krista4 called it, because I was going with this one but decided I'd go with Tyler, The Creator instead. But this and another one were at the forefront of my mind right when I decided to do this.
Yeah, I figured since I asked the rap/hip-hop question I should take the most iconic one.

Unfortunately not on Spotify but definitely worth a listen. You can make another pick if you like.

ETA: There is a cover on Spotify but it's not very soulful. It's by a singer named Katie Campbell who's also recorded a cover of the Meow Mix sound that seems much longer than 36 seconds.

Unfortunately not on Spotify but definitely worth a listen. You can make another pick if you like.

ETA: There is a cover on Spotify but it's not very soulful. It's by a singer named Katie Campbell who's also recorded a cover of the Meow Mix sound that seems much longer than 36 seconds.

Ok, please replace with

Every Day Is Christmas by Charles Bradley

Users who are viewing this thread