What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hoda Muthana and the case for revoking birthright citizenship (1 Viewer)

Does that matter?
If he was "undocumented", it very well could. 

A few notes from my reading of the link.  While she had three ISIS husbands - she didn't have them at the time time.  They were killed, and she would marry the next one.  She had a kid with the second one - his birthright status is also in question here.

ETA - also didn't realize that her son would be a US citizen, potentially (born outside of US to one US citizen parent - rule would apply, but in this case has been satisfied). 

Last edited by a moderator:
matttyl said:
whoknew said:
Does that matter?
If he was "undocumented", it very well could. 
How so? Children of the "undocumented" (i.e., illegal) are citizens at birth when born on US soil.

It seems like the father's status could be 1 of 3 things:

1. diplomat (based on the government's stance that you remain a diplomat until officially notifying the proper authorities)

2. legal resident (based on the theory that his legal status was applied retroactively to September/October 1994, even though his application apparently had not been approved by that date)

3. "undocumented"/"illegal" (based on the theory that his diplomatic status ended on 9/1/94 and he was not granted legal residency until sometime after 10/28/94).

#2 and #3 would mean that the daughter is a citizen.

#1 would mean that she is not a citizen. But I'm not sure how the government can argue that he was still a diplomat, since the government had previously determined (in 2005) that he was not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread