What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Health Savings for Seniors Act - H.R. 7435 - Potential changes to HSA plans (1 Viewer)

Nugget

Footballguy
CNBC Article this morning - LINK

The bill’s tradeoffs? It would remove the ability to use HSA withdrawals to pay for Medicare premiums — something that’s currently allowed. It also would eliminate penalty-free withdrawals for nonmedical expenses in the 65-and-older crowd as now permitted.
This would absolutely shift my savings priorities.   I've been maxing this out planning to cover Medicare Part B Premiums and using any leftovers as a traditional IRA account.  

CNBC Article this morning - LINK

This would absolutely shift my savings priorities.   I've been maxing this out planning to cover Medicare Part B Premiums and using any leftovers as a traditional IRA account.  
That's dumb, makes no sense.  They are trying to take away some benefits of having a HSA so workers can contribute to an HSA past retirement age?  So in other words they are just taking away some benefits/usages of having a HSA.

Save those receipts, get reimbursed in cash to pay for Part B premiums I guess.

I've been pumping money into my HSA as a great taxable income reducing tool with the idea that it will have those benefits after retirement.  These #######s spend, spend, and spend some more just so they can squeeze us tighter, cuz guess what?  They wanna spend EVEN MORE!!  F'n bull####!

I've been pumping money into my HSA as a great taxable income reducing tool with the idea that it will have those benefits after retirement.  These #######s spend, spend, and spend some more just so they can squeeze us tighter, cuz guess what?  They wanna spend EVEN MORE!!  F'n bull####!

Yeah, I've been maxing out my HSA too, not because I had any plans for it, just because it was tax free.  

Each administration outdoes the last for spending.  By the time my grandkids are tax payers they'll prolly just hand over 75% of their money to the gub.......but everything will be taken care of, right?

Users who are viewing this thread