What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HBO Hard Knocks With The Cleveland Browns (1 Viewer)

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
I see a huge improvement for the Browns in 2018. 

1-15.
Hopefully, it isn't too bad... Browns fans can't really expect to always luck out with an abundance of 1st rnd picks  Really no other teams appeared anxious to trade picks this last draft which sorta forced their hand  Take that last trade w/ the Bills for a future pick  It's not just any front office where you'll see such a move, Bills get a fast, extra camp body and then cut em loose with little to no focus in the value on returns  That's not how the Browns operate Business  Bottom line its gonna take at least a Top 5 pick to have any chance of landing Bosa  Put it to you this way  IF the Browns win two games this Season and appear capable to win a third game late somebody's probably on the hot seat  Think they go at least 8-8 this Season  Not sure what reason if its the QB throwing or who exactly  (Browns have like 4 QB's)  Ravens won nine games last Season w/ only two QB's  Bengals have had the same HC for 15 yrs and still managed to win only seven games  Gotta be some credit due installing yet another Offense  Coincidentally the last time the Browns beat the Steelers twice was in 1988 so you know the odds are on their side  You know what I'm gonna change it from 8-8 to actually 10-5-1 which is kinda similar in numbers

Yeah Haley needs to be the coach. I'm surprised Hue is still there. That exchange with Haley says it all. I was hoping some of the Coleman trade stuff would make it to the first episode. They showed a little preview of it. Maybe it will send a message, since the camp "seems" soft. Hue doesn't seem like he belongs there, though. 

Maybe its the editing but damn it felt like Hue and his staff have a total disconnect on how to do practices.  That exchange was awful as well as the body language from some of the coaches.   The ending of the meeting when they all chanted seemed bizarre as well.  Again it could just have been the editing though

Perhaps a building sized mural of a kicker who last played on the Browns 50+ years ago and made 55% of his career FG's isn't the best way to instill a sense of excellence?

I must also meet Carl Nassib’s banker who can give him 10% ROI.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bickering back and forth about the players practicing and basically saying that the team sucks and they dont deserve the days off was telling to me
Yep. On Twitter a week or so ago someone (Ross Tucker maybe?) mentioned how Myles Garrett was give a vet day off. He pointed out how can a second year player, after an 0-16 season get a vet day off.  He mentioned how some coaches won’t even give 30 year olds vet days off. 

I thought that was the best Hard Knocks debut ever and got actual key info for fantasy.

The key fantasy info is Gordon. If anyone is still arguing he failed a test or is facing a suspension you can stop. It's exactly as Hue and Dorsey have told us and with Gordon saying he would return soon is great news as I believe that text he sent was in last few days.

I felt real emotion for Hue and respect for his toughness as an individual to carry on. I feel for the man but that scene in the coaching meeting regarding the rest days was brutal for so many reasons. The way the entire staff seemed to be in disagreement with Hue, a total lack of camaraderie. The scene itself would be the most negative takeaway I'd take from that episode if I was a Browns fan and what made it worse in my mind is what appears to the the major team leader right now, Landry, obviously sided with Haley based his speech and fact he skipped his day off. Also did Hue forget that Haley  and Williams used to be head coach's? In Hue's defense on the off days approach I'd be interested to know if the Browns are using GPS technology which indicates that days off for players may be needed? 

Surprised no Haslem appearance.

Still can't get my head around fact that in pretty much every Hard Knocks season the teams GM's and often coaches dress the way they do in the team facilities. Yea I'm talking about Dorsey kicking flip flops when he inks the guy he took at 1.1 to a multi million dollar deal. Also I'm generally surprised at how plain a lot of these coach or GM's offices look, especially when you see some of the office setups of some major college coaches.

I heard last night that this episode was not final edited until a few hours before airtime, which is kind of disappointing that they did not get the Coleman trade or Callaway news but makes for a heck of a episode 2. Be really awesome if that episode includes a Gordon return.

Looks like HBO posted the episode on Youtube

It's a bit odd tho, because the channel doesn't show as verified, but has 1.2M subscribed to it

EDIT: And the video is no longer available.... 

I thought that was the best Hard Knocks debut ever and got actual key info for fantasy.

The key fantasy info is Gordon. If anyone is still arguing he failed a test or is facing a suspension you can stop. It's exactly as Hue and Dorsey have told us and with Gordon saying he would return soon is great news as I believe that text he sent was in last few days.

I felt real emotion for Hue and respect for his toughness as an individual to carry on. I feel for the man but that scene in the coaching meeting regarding the rest days was brutal for so many reasons. The way the entire staff seemed to be in disagreement with Hue, a total lack of camaraderie. The scene itself would be the most negative takeaway I'd take from that episode if I was a Browns fan and what made it worse in my mind is what appears to the the major team leader right now, Landry, obviously sided with Haley based his speech and fact he skipped his day off. Also did Hue forget that Haley  and Williams used to be head coach's? In Hue's defense on the off days approach I'd be interested to know if the Browns are using GPS technology which indicates that days off for players may be needed? 

Surprised no Haslem appearance.

Still can't get my head around fact that in pretty much every Hard Knocks season the teams GM's and often coaches dress the way they do in the team facilities. Yea I'm talking about Dorsey kicking flip flops when he inks the guy he took at 1.1 to a multi million dollar deal. Also I'm generally surprised at how plain a lot of these coach or GM's offices look, especially when you see some of the office setups of some major college coaches.

I heard last night that this episode was not final edited until a few hours before airtime, which is kind of disappointing that they did not get the Coleman trade or Callaway news but makes for a heck of a episode 2. Be really awesome if that episode includes a Gordon return.
agree with all of this, from a fantasy perspective I took away that Landry and Gordon should be fine and to be honest maybe the only 2 draftable guys here for redraft. Not interested in anything else in this passing game. Hoping we get a little running back coverage in future episodes

Looks like HBO posted the episode on Youtube

It's a bit odd tho, because the channel doesn't show as verified, but has 1.2M subscribed to it

EDIT: And the video is no longer available.... 
Watched about 35 minutes and I didn't like Hue having to tell Mayfield he needed to show up earlier.

Yep. On Twitter a week or so ago someone (Ross Tucker maybe?) mentioned how Myles Garrett was give a vet day off. He pointed out how can a second year player, after an 0-16 season get a vet day off.  He mentioned how some coaches won’t even give 30 year olds vet days off. 
Last night showed me all I needed to ever know about why the Browns have sucked so bad under Hue.  You’ve got to be kidding me, you haven’t won a game in what... 20 months?  And you’re giving guys days off during the first week?  Haley wasn’t saying run them out there, just make sure their head is in the game.  Jarvis Landry basically said everything everyone was thinking. 

Watched about 35 minutes and I didn't like Hue having to tell Mayfield he needed to show up earlier.
If you mean this as a slight on Mayfield, he’s living in the parking lot. Hue is on crack. He leaked rumors of Sashi not staying past 5 in the building. The man didn’t even leave when his mother died. The football team is NOT your family dude. These guys are paid money to be there. Should that be the sole motivation? No. I doubt if you went to every franchise and got an honest poll that most would rank money as one of the top 5 reasons they continue to play football.

If you mean this as a slight on Mayfield, he’s living in the parking lot. Hue is on crack. He leaked rumors of Sashi not staying past 5 in the building. The man didn’t even leave when his mother died. The football team is NOT your family dude. These guys are paid money to be there. Should that be the sole motivation? No. I doubt if you went to every franchise and got an honest poll that most would rank money as one of the top 5 reasons they continue to play football.
Lol. He's not living in the RV. He admitted he showed up that day a little later than normal. If Taylor is in the building, Mayfield should be as well.

Chubb getting zero respect in the airport made me laugh since he may be the most talented RB in the draft.

Hue does seem too risk averse considering his situation, you can't give players like Duke a rest day because you're afraid he's going to tweak a hammy.

There doesn't look like there will be a reason for Tyrod to throw to anyone outside of Landry even when he isn't blatantly open.

Chubb getting zero respect in the airport made me laugh since he may be the most talented RB in the draft.

Hue does seem too risk averse considering his situation, you can't give players like Duke a rest day because you're afraid he's going to tweak a hammy.

There doesn't look like there will be a reason for Tyrod to throw to anyone outside of Landry even when he isn't blatantly open.
I’d walk back my hot take in the Landry thread but I did say he’d have a million targets despite his talent level. Honestly though, he’s a far better WR than what my impression was of him. Hard Knocks is going to correct his ADP which is unfortunate. I was getting him on the cheap on Draft.com when I was going zero WR.

The Browns will keep losing because of who’s on the top. Their coach is not a leader. What a joke of a franchise.

This is the first time I have ever seen HBO (or most any major network) post a complete episode this fast after airing  (not on their official website that is)

Sure, plenty of people post it, then its yanked down. (and the streaming sites are a totally different animal, its ALWAYS there in short order)  But as far as youtube is concerned, I am pretty surprised its still there.

They must want to drum up watchers for the rest of the season.

TZM

I thought that was a pretty good episode.

I've always liked Hue, going back to his Redskins days, and I would love for him to prove everyone wrong. But I had little confidence in that actually happening before the show and it got lower while I watched.

Don't really get shadyridr's comment on Mayfield. I thought he was great.

I don't get it, how does one episode of Hard Knocks show people how good Jarvis Landry is? He's always been that guy. 

Anxiously awaiting the HBO Now stream tonight. I wanna see Coleman get fired, the look on Hue and Dorsey's face when they hear about Calloway, and see if the strong game 1 carries over at all. And to be embarrassed for Hue. 

- Njoku drops a bunch of passes in practice, so he’s ordered to catch 30 passes on the JUGS machine?  That seems light in terms of ‘drops deterent’.

- Coleman seems to not be very self-aware.  Self-awareness is so important in life...so until he gets some, think he’ll flame out wherever he goes.

- Callaway going with the Bobby Brown defense.  Solid.  At the end of the day, seems like Hue feels he has no choice but to put his faith in him.  But the last time Hue had somebody’s a$$, he polished it.

- Slo-mo shot of Baker walking onto the field was cool; Scorsese-esque.

This is a bad team.   Hue is soft and the team reflects it.
Bad was the last two years. This is night and day. When the NYG dude hits up Hue and tells him the team looks so much different he wasn't lying. Hue is soft but this team is gonna win some games they shouldn't this year. They ain't making the playoffs but they ain't putting up a goose egg in the win column again.

Bad was the last two years. This is night and day. When the NYG dude hits up Hue and tells him the team looks so much different he wasn't lying. Hue is soft but this team is gonna win some games they shouldn't this year. They ain't making the playoffs but they ain't putting up a goose egg in the win column again.
Vegas has them at 4.5.   4-12 is still a bad team.

when does Hard Knocks stop filming? Does it go all the way until just before week 1?
they usually go heavy at least until final cut down day, so 9/1 at least. The one thing missing so far from this season is they usually latch on to 4-5 rookies/free agents by now so that there is some drama on cut down day to see who gets kept, who makes practice squad, and who gets claimed off of waivers by another team  (deadline for that is 9/2)

Users who are viewing this thread