What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has any RB in history ever come back from a torn Achillies (1 Viewer)

Why are people bringing up players that tore their Achilles 20 years ago?

Average return time is less than 12 months now.

Brown was done and shocked the Gmen when he returned this year. He spent the spring with Ahmad Bradshaw and wore Vibram feet shoes. There's no magical cure, he consistently said (in this video and all summer) he just worked hard when asked how he looked so good.

Here's a video with Anita Starks.

http://www.giants.co...e6-ea5d8b342650

He runs some in that. I don't have much of anything to show you guys here. This is it, so...cmon now.

Most are straight away and not all that pertinent, but he bounces a bit on the first run 1:50 and just looks comfy on these and not like an injury riddled guy.

The Gmen had one position open with Jacobs and Ahmad locked in. I thought he'd beat out Ware. I still am unsure why he didn't. Nervousness about the injury? Wanted a vet?

I doubt Ware is a Giant in 2012.

If the Giants move Bradshaw or Jacobs, Brown's playing in 2012.

They put him in for some tough carries and he did fine. The Giants wanted to see him move some piles and he did.

I guess there's next preseason, but the Giants are running out of ways to test him and simply gotta get him on the field to see how he fares.

ETA here's two preseason runs at about 1:15 by Brown

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Jzc0BP5tHew

The announcer says Scott, but it's Brown.
BUMP!

The flash Andre Brown showed last week has to be at least a glimmer of hope for Brown and LeShoure.

The flash Andre Brown showed last week has to be at least a glimmer of hope for Brown and LeShoure.
Demaryius Thomas as well as numerous NBA and world soccer players have pretty much proved that doing the achilles isn't the professional death sentence it used to be for athletes. As with ACL recovery times people are still stuck in the past IMO.

I agree. I also remember Dominique Wilkins from long back. The overall theme presented in this thread though was always focusing on the RB position. It's still a small sample of success but it does have to make LeShoure owners feel better about the injury. The other stuff...well we will see on that.

Demaryius Thomas as well as numerous NBA and world soccer players have pretty much proved that doing the achilles isn't the professional death sentence it used to be for athletes. As with ACL recovery times people are still stuck in the past IMO.
Demaryius Thomas was NOT a rupture of the achilles tendon, it was a partial tear. There have been other cases of athletes returning to form after partial tears. LeShoure had a complete rupture, much more severe.

Users who are viewing this thread