What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Great Playoff Matchups (1 Viewer)

B-Dawk

Footballguy
I'm 9-0 and 4.5 games ahead of the next team in my division, hoping to clinch the division and playoffs this weekend. This is a miraculous season and I've ridden the Luck/Murray/DThomas/Cobb train to get here.

Anyhow, since I have the luxury of this lead, I can play the long game instead of getting caught in the hustle and bustle of the weekly waiver wire.

What are some gems that are just waiting to blow up in week 15 & 16?

1QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/DST - 12 Team - No-PPR

QB - Luck, Carr

RB - Murray, McCoy, Hill, FJax, B.Brown, J.Bell

WR - D.Thomas, K.Benjamin, M.Bryan, Michael Floyd, A. Holmes

TE - D. Allen

K - Graham

DST - Washington

I'm in the same boat. Magic # to win the bye for me is 1. So I am looking at week 15 and 16 myself. Focused on defenses. Colts and Ravens.

Based on some combination of yards per game allowed, ANY/A and Y/R against, and PFR's expected points allowed, it's safe to say that the three worst defenses this year have been TB, ATL, and NYJ. Strong contenders for the next three would be CAR, CHI, NYG, though you could make a case for teams like the Raiders or Jags in that bucket - so let's just group 'em together and call them the bottom 8.

Only two teams face three straight defenses from this group during the Wk 14-16 playoff stretch:

* Saints (CAR, @CHI, ATL)

* Titans (NYG, NYJ, @JAX)

And only two others face even two of these 8:

* Lions (TB, MIN, @CHI), plus CHI again in Week 13

* Packers (ATL, @BUF, @TB)

This, plus two home games, plus the scratching and clawing they'll need to do for a playoff spot, tells me any and all Saints ought to be key trade/WW targets for high-flying teams. I particularly like Colston as he gets these matchups on top of his history of December blowups (he's scored 25 of his 64 career TDs after Dec. 1) and I'd have no problem buying higher on Brees than his YTD stats would justify.

The Titans are a hot mess on offense right now, but man, that playoff stretch is juicy, and better yet many of the potential beneficiaries are WW fodder or close to it at this stage (Mettenberger, Sankey, Hunter).

I think Stafford will make an absurdly good buy-low right at your league's trade deadline, since his upcoming stretch of MIA, @ARZ, @NE is likely to push him further down the fantasy radar than he already is. Tate could be another one, as his numbers will almost certainly fall off once Megatron gets back on the field but should bounce back against the likes of the Bucs and Bears.

And you don't need me to tell you to play your Packers' skill-position guys regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread