What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gore (1 Viewer)

I think this is a situation where you just plan on sitting Gore. He has an ankle injury which can easily be tweaked on the first play from scrimmage. I have Gore sitting on my bench and do not see an instance where I will start him even if he decides to give it a go this weekend.

Running back Frank Gore will miss his second day of practice on Thursday, but he has graduated from crutches to a boot to his own two feet so far this week, and is still definitely not out for Sunday’s game back in his hometown of Miami.

“I’m taking it one day at a time and everyday I’m getting better and better so I’ll just wait until Sunday and see how I feel.”

Gore knows he could get through the game and manage the pain level. It’s more a matter of whether or not he can perform at the level his team needs of him.

“If I feel like I can’t be myself with the ball in my hand. If I can’t cut, I won’t be able to go…or protect myself.”

In the playoffs you can't take a chance on Gore tweaking his ankle more and having to come out and put up a goose egg. Pains me to say that being a Niners fan but those are the facts. When you're trying to wina FF championship loyalty goes out the window or you do. I'm fortunate enough to have Forte, although he didn't get much last night and Slaton. Not trusting W.Parker or M.Moore against Baltimore so my 3rd rb is Maurice Morris against the Rams.

Any news today? I thought that if the Niners were going to keep Gore out they'd have to activate a 2nd RB by today.

Anyone hear anything about this out of San Fran?

Any news today? I thought that if the Niners were going to keep Gore out they'd have to activate a 2nd RB by today. Anyone hear anything about this out of San Fran?
Looks like Gore won't go...
Published Sat Dec 13 5:13:27 p.m. ET 2008Quantcast(KFFL) Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports with the San Francisco 49ers promoting RB Thomas Clayton to the active roster, it is a strong sign that RB Frank Gore (ankle) will not play during Week 15. Gore, as reported, has not practiced all week due to an ankle injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news today? I thought that if the Niners were going to keep Gore out they'd have to activate a 2nd RB by today. Anyone hear anything about this out of San Fran?
Published Sat Dec 13 5:13:27 p.m. ET 2008Quantcast(KFFL) Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports with the San Francisco 49ers promoting RB Thomas Clayton to the active roster, it is a strong sign that RB Frank Gore (ankle) will not play during Week 15. Gore, as reported, has not practiced all week due to an ankle injury.
Hmmm.... so now that we now that Foster is going to be the guy this week, what do people think he can do against Miami D this week?

Hmmm.... so now that we now that Foster is going to be the guy this week, what do people think he can do against Miami D this week?
Will Robinson and/or clayton cut into Foster's carries on Sunday?SF homers needed.

Out per Schefter on NFL just now.

koreansteve said:
Will Robinson and/or clayton cut into Foster's carries on Sunday?SF homers needed.
I'd expect that Foster will get the large bulk of the RB carries.But it's Mike Martz. SF could be down by 3 and he'll throw it 45 times. Foster should be considered a supreme emergency starter only.

Users who are viewing this thread