What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gordon + Ertz for Gronk + Martin (1 Viewer)

tigerz

Footballguy
I offered Gordon + Ertz for Gronk + Martin. Essentially I am trading two proven entities for one unproven high upside pick and another injury prone but high scoring player. I am 0-3 and hurting. 

League is

QB / RB / WR / WR / TE / FLEX / FLEX / FLEX / TD

8 bench spots

Non-PPR QB heavy league (1 pt per 20 yd / 6 TD)

My team is 

Rivers/Newton
Gordon / Ajayji / McCaffrey / Ameer / Breida / Kamara
Kelvin / Baldwin / D Parker / T Williams / M Jones / Kupp
Ertz

Pros:
Top TE (WR Scoring at TE position)
Martin could have upside as good or better than Gordon
Gordon may not have fantastic upside. May have hit ceiling and injury scare.

Cons:
Unproven entity in Martin. May not live up to hype. Could end up with a non-starter.
Ertz is consistent and durable. He could prove top 3 or top 2 if Gronk goes down. Might be a lateral trade in the end or worse.
Gronk could go down any given week.

Leaning towards no but I feel like I need to make a change cause I can easily end up as 0-6 with my team. Very hard to trade in this league and I will not have any lopsided monster trades like Breida + Ertz for Gronk + Cook.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably do need to make a change, but I don't think this is it. You're basically just trading strength for strength. It doesn't address your weaknesses at all, so your team doesn't really end up better off after the trade. Not to mention Martin can't help you until next week so 0-4 is probably in your future without Gordon this week.

You had a pretty good summation, however I think you are too down on Gordon. As you stated Ertz could also very well be a top 3 TE and doesn't have Gronks injury risk. Remember Gronk was shaken up once this year already. I'd pass. There's just not enough upside there. I would just keep working the WW and looking at upgrading WR's when they come available. If Hyde, Ingram or Stewart go down you'll have more value to trade at that point.

Definitely passing on this. If anything, you should be trying to trade Gordon for a WR1 since the upgrade from Gronk to Ertz is big, but not as big as the upgrade you could get from replacing Parker and Kelvin in your starting lineup with someone like AJ Green. Like you said, it seems like a lateral trade at best, with more potential to make your team worse.

Users who are viewing this thread