What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good Political Podcasts (1 Viewer)

Yes, I listen to this one, too. In fact, it was while listening to an episode that I thought I should broaden my horizons and try to find some more diverse podcasts. Definitely very Democratic-leaning.
A less popular one from the same guys (Crooked Media - entirely ex-Obama/Hillary guys) is Pod Save the World, which is much more policy based and even handed

Ignoramus said:
Yes, I listen to this one, too. In fact, it was while listening to an episode that I thought I should broaden my horizons and try to find some more diverse podcasts. Definitely very Democratic-leaning.
I went through this exact same process, which led me to Left Right and Center.

randall146 said:
A less popular one from the same guys (Crooked Media - entirely ex-Obama/Hillary guys) is Pod Save the World, which is much more policy based and even handed
Agree that I find this more to my taste that Pod Save America.

I was going to start a thread asking the same thing, but saw this thread in the search so I thought I would piggyback to see if there are other suggestions.  

I really want to get more from the right side or even a libertarian pod.   I listen to a couple like Left Right and Center, but as much as I like it, it's just once per week.  Unfortunately most of the ones I have tried from lists are like Shapiro where it's just them talking unchecked.   I prefer interview pods or ones like LRC where it's people talking back and forth and having a civil debate.   As soon as any pod starts yelling, doing bad impressions, and most of the time is spent on "well, the other side sucks" (again, talking about Shapiro's show), it gets unsubscribed.  

ETA:  would also like a couple more daily news pods.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Dare I suggest Rogan's podcast?  I know it's not technically a "political" podcast, but when he has politicians and political experts on, it's really good.

The Commish said:
Dare I suggest Rogan's podcast?  I know it's not technically a "political" podcast, but when he has politicians and political experts on, it's really good.
I got a comment in the gun thread when I said I was listening to this, but it's one of my favorites.  Like you said, it's good when he has political people on - Tulsi, Yang, Shapiro, and a bunch of others have been on in the last year or so.   

I got a comment in the gun thread when I said I was listening to this, but it's one of my favorites.  Like you said, it's good when he has political people on - Tulsi, Yang, Shapiro, and a bunch of others have been on in the last year or so.   
I can only imagine the comments in that thread.  Did they threaten to hurt you with golf clubs?

I can only imagine the comments in that thread.  Did they threaten to hurt you with golf clubs?
Nah, nothing like that.  I just mentioned I was listening to the Rogan podcast with Ben Crenshaw and they were talking about gun regulation.  Most just a "there's your problem" when I said I was listening to the Rogan podcast.  

Ben Shapiro has a very popular podcast. Obviously, much to the right, but when I've heard, avoids the name calling, etc. and sticks to policy discussion where he usually is going after a Democrat. He will go after Trump, but he sees him as the lesser of two evils when compared to Democratic options (it's not as if he's going to ever vote for somebody on the left).

It's only 4 episodes in right now but episode 3, talks about music and is pretty good. Episode 4... every Conservative should listen to this one. It's awesome.

Thank you, President Truman.

Lefty stuff...

• Intercepted
  • Chapo Trap House
  • Jimmy Dore Show (essentially a trimmed version of his youtube channel)
  • Common Censored
  • Moment of Clarity

Ben Shapiro has a very popular podcast. Obviously, much to the right, but when I've heard, avoids the name calling, etc. and sticks to policy discussion where he usually is going after a Democrat. He will go after Trump, but he sees him as the lesser of two evils when compared to Democratic options (it's not as if he's going to ever vote for somebody on the left).
Despite him being tolerable during some interviews I have heard with him - he was on Rogan's podcast for example, I think his podcast is unlistenable b/c he  does the thing of yelling, doing dumb voices, etc..    

too many political pods just fall into the "the dems do this", or "righties do this" without actually having to present their side or have an actual discussion.  

Its not really politics - though some of the topics come close - but Lawfare Blog has a good podcast.

Users who are viewing this thread