What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (7 Viewers)

poll question:

is Newark the worst airport in the US?

[ ] yes
[ ] I've never been to newark

It absolutely used to be, but I think about 5 years ago they did a bunch of remodeling and upgrades. Although I think this is highly dependent on which terminal you're in.

On the way in, we sat on the tarmac for over an hour. would have missed my connecting flight, but it was also delayed. we have now been sitting on the tarmac for an hour and 15 minutes. we have already passed our rescheduled arrival time, despite the fact that the pilot assured us we are "next up" and will only be 20 minutes late.

poll question:

is Newark the worst airport in the US?

[ ] yes
[ ] I've never been to newark
Detroit pre-construction upgrades was a peach. walked like 11 miles from one terminal to another. felt like the place had been destroyed by a bomb. that was yeaaaaaars ago.

Miami was nice, but when we got off our plane we were greeted by what looked like miles of unclaimed luggage just splayed all over the place & airport workers literally screaming at passengers to keep walking. felt like a fight was about to break out at any moment as we walked over a mile to where we needed to be. i kept thinking this must be what prisoners feel like on their first day as they check in. just dudes lined up screaming obscenities, threatening to beat them and it feeling like there was no end in sight.

then we got to our terminal, had a fantastic meal and it felt like a totally different universe.

O'Hare, LAX, and DIA are my worst 3. Went through Detroit last year and it was quite nice these days compared to what it was before. I feel spoiled flying out of Tampa. Really like the airport here.

DTW is top notch IMO. Recently flew out of the 2nd terminal and that one has been upgraded too

Pretty sure the main Delta terminal has been upgraded for like 25 years now, but yeah all other airlines go through the other one, guessing that’s been more like 5-10 years or less of being upgraded. I could be way off there but the last time I flew out of there was probably close to 10 years ago and it seemed nicer than I remember

Well the airport itself is nice, I’d say parking and rental car can be an issue though. I live like 5 miles away so 90% of the time I get dropped off / picked up

Recent flight wide couldn’t take me and the parking for the terminal I was flying out of was full so I had to loop around, park at the other terminal, take a shuttle to my terminal. Probably added like 30 minutes so luckily I got there early enough

O'Hare, LAX, and DIA are my worst 3. Went through Detroit last year and it was quite nice these days compared to what it was before. I feel spoiled flying out of Tampa. Really like the airport here.
LAX is a pain (especially if you're flying internationally) but I've never sat on a runway there for over an hour waiting for a gate to open up.

I feel like none of you have been to PHL.
As with Eagles fans, nowhere near as bad as the reputation. The only major problem I’ve had there in the last 15 years or so is with inefficient/poor handling of checked luggage. Everything else is fine. And the concourses have been renovated and have lots of cool stuff.

I feel like none of you have been to PHL.
As with Eagles fans, nowhere near as bad as the reputation. The only major problem I’ve had there in the last 15 years or so is with inefficient/poor handling of checked luggage. Everything else is fine. And the concourses have been renovated and have lots of cool stuff.
Terminal B&C security can be the suck
I've not really found that to be the case lately, and I don't have TSA Precheck or anything like that. I think Orlando and New Orleans are the worst as far as going through security, their designs produce bottleneck after bottleneck.

It's awful, but it's no O'Hare or Orlando. Not a fan of Armstrong in New Orleans either.

Really? I've only been a couple of times but I thought it was fantastic. Super comfortable, tons of good food and just seemed beautiful (for an airport).
I find it annoying for the security aspect. The food is good, of course. Also, there are not nearly as many direct flights between there and the Northeast (other than NYC) as there should be.

I find it annoying for the security aspect. The food is good, of course. Also, there are not nearly as many direct flights between there and the Northeast (other than NYC) as there should be.

Thanks. That's interesting as I found the security to be normal. While the rest of it was outstanding for comfort and food and general "niceness". For number of connecting flights, that's a whole different topic I think.

We're moving soon, so we're getting rid of some things via Facebook marketplace. Someone was going to buy some hardwood floor mop thing from us for $15. It was all set. They were going to be here between 3-4 o'clock to pick it up. Just before 4 o'clock, they message us and say they only have a $20 bill, so do we have change? No, sorry, we don't. So they're not coming. Apparently because the extra $5 is too much to bear, and because they can't walk into a gas station and ask for change. So we suggest the gas station thing to them, and they say, no, that won't work. So that's it.

I honestly can't move on in life knowing this.

I would rather light my stuff on fire in front of whoever is nickel and dimeing me for $5. I detest that back and forth.
We may get to that tomorrow. Now the woman claims she'll come get it tomorrow. Guess you're allowed to break 20s on Monday or something. No idea. It's my wife's deal. And my wife, knowing I would refuse to "deal with this" tomorrow even though I'm home, told the woman she'd put it on our steps and the woman could leave the $15 in an envelope and put it under our mat or in the mailbox.

For real. This isn't schtick.

My wife likes to take it one step further. She’ll see junk that people are throwing out in the neighborhood and post it to some local “free” group. And then people will say they want it and ask her to go get it for them so that they can pick it up from my house. Which they then almost never do. So I have junk sitting in front of my garage and my wife complaining because yet another person is giving her the runaround all while I just want to smash it all up with a sledgehammer, grind it into a fine dust, mix it into a smoothie, and deliver it to the person in a hot steaming pile on their front porch.

I would rather light my stuff on fire in front of whoever is nickel and dimeing me for $5. I detest that back and forth.
We may get to that tomorrow. Now the woman claims she'll come get it tomorrow. Guess you're allowed to break 20s on Monday or something. No idea. It's my wife's deal. And my wife, knowing I would refuse to "deal with this" tomorrow even though I'm home, told the woman she'd put it on our steps and the woman could leave the $15 in an envelope and put it under our mat or in the mailbox.

Update:

I told my wife, "You know, @shuke thinks you're an idiot for doing Facebook Marketplace."

Her: "I'm not taking advice from the guy who puts his golf cart in the laundry room."

Update:

I told my wife, "You know, @shuke thinks you're an idiot for doing Facebook Marketplace."

Her: "I'm not taking advice from the guy who puts his golf cart in the laundry room."
actual laugh at loud at my desk :lmao:

Update:

First of all, I didn't say it was idiotic. We do it sometimes, I just hate dealing with the people.

Also, I have no idea what the golf cart comment is referring to.

Update:

:lmao:

Update:

First of all, I didn't say it was idiotic. We do it sometimes, I just hate dealing with the people.

Also, I have no idea what the golf cart comment is referring to.
I know. That's @Zow

Update:

IT'S A MUD ROOM THAT IS* PERFECTLY DESIGNED FOR SUCH PURPOSE AND IT'S NOT EVEN THE ONLY LAUNDRY ROOM.

*was

Update:

IT'S A MUD ROOM THAT IS* PERFECTLY DESIGNED FOR SUCH PURPOSE AND IT'S NOT EVEN THE ONLY LAUNDRY ROOM.

*was
Hey, I'm on your side. That's what got me into this mess!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow
So @General Malaise was kind enough (i.e. not cstu) to pay up on an NBA bet we did earlier this year. His payment was to send me a bunch of local beers. I finished the last of them yesterday.

GM, thanks a bunch and here are my untapped rankings (out of 5) for each:

Dad Beer! by Baerlic - 3.75. If I had to drink a case of beer in one session, this one would be way up there.
Gloria! by Block 15 - 3.75. Solid pilsner.
Tarty to the Party Cherry Lemon Sour Ale by Wild Ride - 4.0. Unique and clean sour. Right amount of tart.
Vortex IPA by Fort George - 4.25. Very strong but smooth. Good beer to start a session with.
Pils by Heater Allen - 3.75. A bit dryer than a normal pils but quite enjoyable. Apparently Oregon can make a pilsner.
Volatile Substance by Von Ebert - 4.25. My favorite of the group. Drank it on my porch on a crisp morning before a golf round and it was glorious.

Last edited:
So @General Malaise was kind enough (i.e. not cstu) to pay up on an NBA bet we did earlier this year. His payment was to send me a bunch of local beers. I finished the last of them yesterday.

Bad Beer! by Baerlic - 3.75. If I had to drink a case of beer in one session, this one would be way up there.
Tarty to the Party Cherry Lemon Sour Ale by Wild Ride - 4.0. Unique and clean sour. Right amount of tart.
Vortex IPA by Fort George - 4.25. Very strong but smooth. Good beer to start a session with.
Pils by Heater Allen - 3.75. A bit dryer than a normal pils but quite enjoyable. Apparently Oregon can make a pilsner.
Volatile Substance by Von Ebert - 4.25. My favorite of the group. Drank it on my porch on a crisp morning before a golf round and it was glorious.

Terrific feedback! Glad you enjoyed them and you exercised some good discipline taking your time with them. They'd have been a distant memory for me weeks ago! I'm an IPA/Pilsner drinker for the most part so I had to enlist some help with the sour. I couldn't find my favorite Pilsner to send you - Breakside makes one called Liquid Sunshine and it is delightful on a hot summer day.

You need to get up to Oregon some day. Come for the beer, stay for the ball golf!

Bad Beer! by Baerlic - 3.75. If I had to drink a case of beer in one session, this one would be way up there.

Terrific feedback! Glad you enjoyed them and you exercised some good discipline taking your time with them. They'd have been a distant memory for me weeks ago! I'm an IPA/Pilsner drinker for the most part so I had to enlist some help with the sour. I couldn't find my favorite Pilsner to send you - Breakside makes one called Liquid Sunshine and it is delightful on a hot summer day.

You need to get up to Oregon some day. Come for the beer, stay for the ball golf!
If it's something new and unique I try to find a chance to just have that beer as my first of the day in a setting where I can enjoy it. So, it took a few weeks for me as I wanted to find opportunities to have them as my first drink on that particular day and I wasn't on the golf course where I'm thinking about something else.

Users who are viewing this thread