What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Glen Coffee to SF (1 Viewer)

mikel0254

Footballguy
Do you think SF drafting Coffee makes a difference in where you view Gore? I don't think it makes that big of a difference

Do you think SF drafting Coffee makes a difference in where you view Gore? I don't think it makes that big of a difference
The Niners need a backup RB with Foster gone. Coffee will give them that. I don't view this pick as having a negative impact on Gore. He's still the guy in the backfield and will get most of the touches. If Coffee shows enough and can spell Gore effectively, that will also help keep Gore healthy throughout the season.

Not at all.

Coffee is a solid pick for the 49ers but right now he poses no threat to Frank Gore's starting spot. Coffee left early knowing he wasn't going to go in the first two rounds and he has some heart. Unfortunately he runs a bit high and reminds me of former Titans RB Chris Brown a bit. Decent back but I doubt he has full-load upside.

Not at all.Coffee is a solid pick for the 49ers but right now he poses no threat to Frank Gore's starting spot. Coffee left early knowing he wasn't going to go in the first two rounds and he has some heart. Unfortunately he runs a bit high and reminds me of former Titans RB Chris Brown a bit. Decent back but I doubt he has full-load upside.
I agree.This is a nice situation for SF.They desperately needed a decent backup to Gore,but as the others here said, I don't see Coffee as a threat tobe the "carry the load" RB in SF.

he is certainly no risk to Gore's fantasy value.....just seems like a waste of a 3rd round pick, a true reach.

Gore is one of the dwindling number of RBs not in some kind of committee. Coffee isn't a threat to Gore, but he's a nice handcuff. That's his value, IMO.

Coffee could immediately jump in and be Gore's backup since all we have is Michael Robinson and Thomas Clayton. He poses no threat to Gore but his value would increase should Gore miss any time. Even though we still need defensive help Coffee's a good 3rd round pick, and fills a need for rb depth and spot relief for Gore. I personally would rather have had Javon Ringer, but I'm ok with the selection of Coffee.

Where would you take him in a rookie draft, 12 team dynasty leage. PPR. IDP (DL, LB and D - LB score heavy and end to stack our second round). Standard scoring. 7 rounds.

I am eying him in 2 leagues. One I need RB, in another i dont, but i like his handcuff potential

Late second/early third?

Not to speak of Glen Coffee specifically, but I think it's a damn good thing for Gore and his fantasy value to have another competent back come in and take a few carries and help keep Gore fresher, off the injury report and extend his career.

Where would you take him in a rookie draft, 12 team dynasty leage. PPR. IDP (DL, LB and D - LB score heavy and end to stack our second round). Standard scoring. 7 rounds.I am eying him in 2 leagues. One I need RB, in another i dont, but i like his handcuff potentialLate second/early third?
I am not done sorting through it all yet but I am guessing coffee will start seeing interest around pick 30 or so in most leagues. Probably from the Gore owners. In a IDP that might be more like pick 40.

I'm not done making my tiers for the rookies yet, but it's looking like Coffee will be in my 4th tier which puts him in the 15-18 range.

My dynasty leagues tend to be RB heavy, even my PPR league. With RBs going early and often in my rookie drafts, and also holding much higher trade value, I do adjust for that.

NOGore is still the bellcow. Coffee takes a few carries/game to keep Gore fresh.SF taking a RB in the 3rd should not be a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread