What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Giants at Vikings** (-3, 47.5) Sun 4:30 (1 Viewer)

Rematch. The Giants junior varsity gave the top seeded Eagles a good game Sunday. The Vikings have been underappreciated all year imop.
This was a close game a few weeks ago,New York stormed back from an early deficit and The Vikes pulled it out on a hundred yard field goal,or close to it.
Thsi should be an entertaining game. I think whichever defense steps up and makes a splash play or two will be the key,so...

Big Blue- 29
Skoal- 27

Vikings need to shadow QB DJones and keep him under 40 yards rushing and limit his First Downs gained running.

Home game for Vikes. Always better on turf.

KJ Osborn and TJ Hockenson are playing well.

CB Duke Shelley will break up 2 key passes. Harry The Hitman gets an INT.

Skol 27
G-Men 20

10 wins or more playoff teams with a negative point differential have done surprisingly well in the playoffs.

Vikings (13-4) were both the first 12 and first 13 win teams in league history who were outscored on the year. Impressive.

2019 Houston Texans10-6-7W, Wild Card Round; L, Divisional Round
2020 Cleveland Browns11-5-11W, Wild Card Round; L, Divisional Round
1978 Houston Oilers10-6-15W, Wild Card Round; W, Divisional Round; L, AFC Championship
2016 Miami Dolphins10-6-17L, Wild Card Round
1995 Philadelphia Eagles10-6-20W, Wild Card Round; L, Divisional Round
1993 Los Angeles Raiders10-6-20W, Wild Card Round; L, Divisional Round
1986 New York Jets10-6-22W, Wild Card Round; L, Divisional Round
2012 Indianapolis Colts11-5-30L, Wild Card Round
2021 Las Vegas Raiders10-7-65L, Wild Card Round

As I lifelong Vikes fan...I hate to even make a prediction or have an expectation for a playoff game. :mellow:

Just going to sit back and watch and hope for the best.

As I lifelong Vikes fan...I hate to even make a prediction or have an expectation for a playoff game. :mellow:

Just going to sit back and watch and hope for the best.
You know they will win this game and save up the real hope killing for the Divisional or Conference weekends. I predict they lose due to two missed extra points on Conference Final weekend. That way the maximize fan hope to only give the nugget punch its full power.

For the 1st time all season the Giants defense is expected to have the following players on the field together

Dexter Lawrence
Leonard Williams
Kayvon Thibadaux
Azeez Ojulari
Adore Jackson
Xavier McKinney

It should be fun to see what Wink comes up with on defense this week

It's going to be a real challenge for the G-Men, but as Yenrub said they finally have most of the key pieces of the D together for the 1st time all year. It's fair to wonder how effective Adoree Jackson will be since he hadn't played since Week 11 but has been practicing on a limited basis the last few weeks doe. Key to this game is a large dose of Saquon/Brieda, and good Kafka play calling getting the key guys open in space. With Neal ailing you hope they mix in protection packages to give Daniel Jones time to throw operate.

Giants D is going to have to stand on their head and not allow BOTH Justin Jefferson and TJ Hockenson to go off like last game. Wink and the pass rush has a chance to really disrupt Kirk Cousins and hopefully funnel the ball to one guy, but I also expect the Giants to play more man underneath with zone over the middle to force Cousins into more boundary throws.

No one on the injury report for the Giants :-)
Looks like the Vikings are getting Bradbury back at center. Harrison Smith was LP today.

10 wins or more playoff teams with a negative point differential have done surprisingly well in the playoffs.

Vikings (13-4) were both the first 12 and first 13 win teams in league history who were outscored on the year. Impressive.

1978 Houston Oilers10-6-15W, Wild Card Round; W, Divisional Round; L, AFC Championship
2021 Las Vegas Raiders10-7-65L, Wild Card Rou
Cap't Kirk is a paltry 12-20 in primetime games. this will be no different. nervous nelly will once again throw the picks, fumble the ball on sacks, etc. but I think the real game comes down to unleashing Saquon on this defense, as a receiver, as a RB. if Giants contain Cook, game over.

This has high possibility of being best game of the weekend. New great coaches. Couple offensive superstars. Playoff question marks at qb. Played a close game weeks ago.

This might be the best match-up of the day, but boy is Football Outsiders tearing these teams down in their game preview. Hwarf.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders10-7-65L, Wild Card Round
But I though it was all luck…

Learning how to play in close games and win is a skill IMO - translates into the playoffs quite well.

KOC has been calling very vanilla offenses last 5-6 weeks. I honestly believe he has been holding back since they banked so many wins by halfway through the season. I wouldn’t be surprised if they explode offensively with a lot of creativity.

It’s with going to be NYG in a nail biter or Vikes by 13+ IMO.

I’m gonna go 31-17 MN. I know I shouldn’t…

GIANTS INACTIVES:

CB Rodarius Williams
RB Jashaun Corbin
LB Micah McFadden
G Wyatt Davis
G Jack Anderson
WR Kalil Pimpleton
DT Henry Mondeaux

only name here is McFadden, looks like Jarrad Davis get's the nod over him at ILB.

Bit of a slow start for the Giants first drive. Giants switching single high safety and zone underneath, switches off to man.

Wink with so much soft coverage early... Kirk more than happy to take short passes if they’re gonna be giving them that much space in a zone, and Vikings receivers are quick enough to get some YAC. Nevermind Hockenson on Darnay Holmes is a horrible mismatch.

Vikings getting out ahead, that's a great recipe for them since they have a soft pass defense
They cannot score enough points in the coming weeks
And I don't mean they are incapable, just saying they must score score score

That drives bodes very well for the Giants. Not only were they able to run with Jones (HOW ARE TEAMS STILL NOT ACCOUNTING FOR THE JONES BOOTLEG?), but Saquon was able to run with huge holes. The thought of course is Giants don't want a shootout because no way they can score with the Vikings.

I expect to see some heat this drive by the Giants.

EDIT: Gameplan seems to be Jackson 1-on-1 on Jefferson. Hell of an assignment 1st game back.

Users who are viewing this thread