What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Geek Techs-scam? (1 Viewer)

Nick Vermeil

Footballguy
I'm visiting my parents and come to find out my mom has been using Geek Techs for computer support after her computer was emitting a high pitched squeal and then a pop up led her to Geek Techs. They log in once a month to do maintenance. My BS meter is emitting a high pitched squeal. 

Anyone ever heard of these guys? Internet unhelpful. 

Yeah, that a scam.  I'd wipe the pc clean and do a fresh install.  Who knows what #### they left on her computer just for situations when you cancel.

It's a shame how people target the elderly.  Something similar happened to my grandmother.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy in the first clip said the he got great help, especially from this guy named "Neo".  Dude needs to be reloaded into the matrix... Someone who is important.  Like an actor.

Yeah, that a scam.  I'd wipe the pc clean and do a fresh install.  Who knows what #### they left on her computer just for situations when you cancel.
Guh. That's how I want to spend the rest of my vacation.  Parents never listen. Thanks guys. 

Will cancel all cards too. What a pain in the ###. 

Similar thing happened to my future MIL. luckily she told me the next day and I had her call and cancel and also call her bank and cancel the credit card. Also had her call apple support to walk her through checking her computer.

She got something like thisand called the number

Similar thing happened to my future MIL. luckily she told me the next day and I had her call and cancel and also call her bank and cancel the credit card. Also had her call apple support to walk her through checking her computer.

She got something like thisand called the number

Exactly what happened to my mom. I'm actually just going to buy her a new pc. I don't have time for this. We will spend our time on the bank side. 

The guy in the first clip said the he got great help, especially from this guy named "Neo".  Dude needs to be reloaded into the matrix... Someone who is important.  Like an actor.
Yeah all those clips were a joke. One lady got help....And now she's an employee. That's reassuring :lol:

Exactly what happened to my mom. I'm actually just going to buy her a new pc. I don't have time for this. We will spend our time on the bank side. 
You might want to look into just getting her a chromebook.  They're cheap, do everything you mom will need and I don't believe you'll have the same concerns about stuff getting installed.  She could still get phished, but not much you can do about that.

Threads like this make me so happy that my parents are to old and want nothing to do with them new fangled computer things.

My mom gets called about once a month because he computer is infected.  Fortunately she's never fallen for their scams.  But she always calls me after the fact to ask if it was legit.

I finally told her "think of it this way...Microsoft doesn't care about your computer...would Kenmore call you up to tell you your dishwasher is leaving spots?  Would Honda call because your brakes are making noise? Just hang up on them. "

You might want to look into just getting her a chromebook.  They're cheap, do everything you mom will need and I don't believe you'll have the same concerns about stuff getting installed.  She could still get phished, but not much you can do about that.
Solid advice.

Users who are viewing this thread