What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W4 - NY Giants V Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

...and another sack...When the Mcnabb gambling scandal hits the wire sometime down the road, don't forget games like this one. I know he's being rushed a lot, but he's better than what he's showing. I've seen 3 times where it looked like he TRIED to fumble - 2 got recovered by teammates (I think, I might have dozed off until a commercial came on) and one was forced by the ground and wasn't called a fumble, he's taken sacks out of the pocket - when he's bothered to try to get out of the pocket, etc. Sure, he's slower than before, but all I heard last week was how great and mobile he looked, no brace, etc. I guess it can go back and forth with how he had all day against Detroit, but vision is vision - Westy or not, he knows when to throw the ball away or when to tuck it in.I like Mcnabb, but outings like this and inconsistency like this really make me wonder about the guy. I'm probably off base, but this game is so boring, speculation starts to blend with reality. Conspiracy theory!
There may be something to this. McNabb's inexplicable disappearance in the Superbowl made Vegas a LOT of money, between the favorite losing, the dog beating the spread but losing on the money line, and the over/under and the most popular teasers breaking down, too. He claimed he didn't throw up, and that he wasn't out of shape, so what happened?

...and another sack...When the Mcnabb gambling scandal hits the wire sometime down the road, don't forget games like this one. I know he's being rushed a lot, but he's better than what he's showing. I've seen 3 times where it looked like he TRIED to fumble - 2 got recovered by teammates (I think, I might have dozed off until a commercial came on) and one was forced by the ground and wasn't called a fumble, he's taken sacks out of the pocket - when he's bothered to try to get out of the pocket, etc. Sure, he's slower than before, but all I heard last week was how great and mobile he looked, no brace, etc. I guess it can go back and forth with how he had all day against Detroit, but vision is vision - Westy or not, he knows when to throw the ball away or when to tuck it in.I like Mcnabb, but outings like this and inconsistency like this really make me wonder about the guy. I'm probably off base, but this game is so boring, speculation starts to blend with reality. Conspiracy theory!
There may be something to this. McNabb's inexplicable disappearance in the Superbowl made Vegas a LOT of money, between the favorite losing, the dog beating the spread but losing on the money line, and the over/under and the most popular teasers breaking down, too. He claimed he didn't throw up, and that he wasn't out of shape, so what happened?
He did throw up, the tape doesnt lie.Games over, GG Giants fans, thanks for the discussion all.

What an ### kickin !!!!!!!! This is great ... I just wish the Eagles could have the ball for the rest of the game (like a scrimmage). This makes up for all the Eagles divison wins over the past 5-6 years!!!!!!! They are done !!!!!!!!

classy work by the media to jam mic's in Justice's face after this game.

understand it's part of the game but.... wow. :thumbup:

Focus on the Phillies, guys, cause this season could get ugly. Since, you know, Garcia is no longer there to backup McNabb when he goes down with his next conveniently-time ailment.

Good job by the G-men. Osi's the man, but they keep showing Strahan's nasty self.

I was being tongue in cheek (except for some of those fumbles)...but soon after I posted it, Mcnabb pulled the "throw the TD but oops I was past the line of scrimmage" - and then on the next play took a sack. Granted, the sack that time looked all Giants. It just all seems odd - not losing the game, it's the mistakes that don't make sense or fit.

I was being tongue in cheek (except for some of those fumbles)...but soon after I posted it, Mcnabb pulled the "throw the TD but oops I was past the line of scrimmage" - and then on the next play took a sack. Granted, the sack that time looked all Giants. It just all seems odd - not losing the game, it's the mistakes that don't make sense or fit.
But at that point, with the Eagles 3 point favorites and the under clinched, why wouldn't he get the TD there? He would have had everything perfectly setup to actually win the game by 1 point (with another TD after that one) and still have the Giants cover.If anything, that illegal forward pass showed that he just is just playing poorly.

Last edited by a moderator:
... so you guys are finally figuring out what's really behind all sporting events, eh? welcome to the real world, all of you.question ... why do you think there is a point spread and an injury report? any sporting event, where there is a wagering line provided, is soiled.lol at these "fanboys" who still don't grasp who/what REALLY drives these sports.

But at that point, with the Eagles 3 point favorites and the under clinched, why wouldn't he get the TD there? He would have had everything perfectly setup to actually win the game by 1 point (with another TD after that one) and still have the Giants cover.If anything, that illegal forward pass showed that he just is just playing poorly.
I thought McNabb played fairly decent tonite considering all the pressure he got, and his starting RB was out. If Westbrook was in there, I think you see a completely different game. I mean come on, he got sacked 12 times, a lot of those were not coverage sacks, it wasn't the WRs not getting seperation. Or McNabb not being able to make a read. It was the O-Line getting completely overwhelmed.

any sporting event, where there is a wagering line provided, is soiled.lol at these "fanboys" who still don't grasp who/what REALLY drives these sports.
don't all major league sports and most college sports have betting lines???are ALL sports faked/fixed? every game? wouldn't that require widespread institutional crime in all organized sport? and if that were the case why aren't the majority of gamblers making a killing on betting? :goodposting:

... so you guys are finally figuring out what's really behind all sporting events, eh? welcome to the real world, all of you.question ... why do you think there is a point spread and an injury report? any sporting event, where there is a wagering line provided, is soiled.lol at these "fanboys" who still don't grasp who/what REALLY drives these sports.
I think you are :goodposting: or a MASSIVE conspiracy guy.

If there are fixes, I think it's more individual than an entire industry.

I don't think Jermaine Taylor was paid to take a dive last night to Pavlik, judging by the brutal shots he took, and in general I think a lot of boxing is fixed.

So I'd say a Mcnabb conspiracy is more likely than an entire team/nfl conspiracy to rip people off.

And that's assuming there is a conspiracy at all, I was just making conversation in the first place because that game was god awful boring. carry on.

There may be something to this. McNabb's inexplicable disappearance in the Superbowl made Vegas a LOT of money,
:thumbup: or :goodposting: ?
between the favorite losing, the dog beating the spread but losing on the money line, and the over/under and the most popular teasers breaking down, too.
I guess just :D .

There may be something to this. McNabb's inexplicable disappearance in the Superbowl made Vegas a LOT of money,
:loco: or :( ?
between the favorite losing, the dog beating the spread but losing on the money line, and the over/under and the most popular teasers breaking down, too.
I guess just :P .
The amount wagered, and the revenues for nevada sports books, both set records in 2004. "Many people bet the favored Patriots minus seven points; they bet a parlay that involved taking the Patriots minus a touchdown and betting the total amount of points would be above 471/2 or 48; and they sought a higher payoff by wagering the Philadelphia Eagles would win straight up"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/foot...n.ap/index.html

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.

I think Ben Kenobi was talking about Eagles fans.

PennStater77 said:
Donovan needs to be white so he could play QB on a consistent bases.The guy is killing my team tonight, his O-Line is also helping.
Have a great season, Guy.J

Are you saying the NFL is rigged?Huge accusation there. How do you back that up?J

I had the Giants DEF in my subscriber contest. To bad I got knocked out the 2nd week. How do you go for #350 to #11000+? Damn!

What an ### kickin !!!!!!!! This is great ... I just wish the Eagles could have the ball for the rest of the game (like a scrimmage). This makes up for all the Eagles divison wins over the past 5-6 years!!!!!!! They are done !!!!!!!!
:goodposting: maybe this will finally put the genie back in the bottle for all those 'McNabb is a top 5 QB' guppies out there, huh?god, how many times did we have to listen to that in preseason?!

Users who are viewing this thread