What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Frank Gore - still in the NFL at 65. (3 Viewers)

The low RB1 ceiling I had envisioned on draft day is probably gone. But I think the touches will be there for consistent RB2 value. The TDs and receptions will come. Those were 2 really good Ds they started against, but the Indy OLine is not doing Gore or Luck any favors.

Also somewhat surprised that Bradshaw didn't get signed last week.

The low RB1 ceiling I had envisioned on draft day is probably gone. But I think the touches will be there for consistent RB2 value. The TDs and receptions will come. Those were 2 really good Ds they started against, but the Indy OLine is not doing Gore or Luck any favors.

Also somewhat surprised that Bradshaw didn't get signed last week.
if the Gore owner has some injuries he's a decent buy low candidate in a package deal....send your backup QB and decent RB for Gore.

Let the pot stirring begin. So, what are the thoughts on M. Ball stating he is close to signing with the Colts?
I think any RB will have problems behind that line. Gore had several nice runs, and a couple got called back for penalties. I don't think Gore is the problem even though he lost control of the ball resulting in a fumble. Luck fumbled too, and threw some picks.

Gore had an amazing blitz pick up on two different defenders which let Luck find a wide open Hilton for a deep pass that got them back into the game. His pass protection is incredible. He's not going to lose playing time because they're tired of Luck getting beat up. He looked great last night, a couple big runs called back on penalty and a super fluky fumble while switching hands.

Spin said:
Gore had an amazing blitz pick up on two different defenders which let Luck find a wide open Hilton for a deep pass that got them back into the game. His pass protection is incredible. He's not going to lose playing time because they're tired of Luck getting beat up. He looked great last night, a couple big runs called back on penalty and a super fluky fumble while switching hands.
Gruden noted several times the Colts bringing in the back up rb on 3rd down. Is the Colts coaching staff just dumb?

Spin said:
Gruden noted several times the Colts bringing in the back up rb on 3rd down. Is the Colts coaching staff just dumb?
I don't know if they are dumb but I didn't understand taking Gore out on 3rd downs ...the rookie missed a couple of blocks last night on 3rd down

Spin said:
They supposedly have him on a "pitch count" to "save him for the playoffs"... at least thats what Indy coaches were saying pre-season. With an 0-2 start that could change realllll quick.

They supposedly have him on a "pitch count" to "save him for the playoffs"... at least thats what Indy coaches were saying pre-season. With an 0-2 start that could change realllll quick.
Not playing your best players is an easy way to go 0-2. They payed Gore like he's top flight, thus they ought to use him. They have nobody worthwhile behind him.

Anybody else think 0-2 convinces the Colts to wise up? Buy low.

Spin said:
I don't know about changing really quick. I doubt it. But Gore was in there in a lot of third downs and passing situations, which I found encouraging. It did seem that when he was out on third down it was for rest and not that there is another back who will see all 3Ds.

I said it months ago in the P. Dorsett thread: The Colts made a HUGE mistake taking Dorsett and bypassing either o-line or defense and it will come back to bite them..It has.

Gore looked quicker last night than I would have thought.
People are complaining about the #s but did you actually watch the game? He looked great
I agree. Gore's stats may look like he's washed up but he looks way better than I expected thus far. I drafted him expecting a past-his-prime player falling forward for short TD's in a great passing offense. From what I've seen so far, he looks like he has plenty of skill left but the offense is the opposite of great. He's not the problem here and his pass protection is going to keep him in games. I'll be shocked if any other back becomes viable in Indy this year unless Gore gets hurt.

He missed practice on Monday..would love to have him in the lineup against what looks like a bad Texans team

I don't think a lot has changed for the Colts over the years in the Luck era. Their actual record is 35-17 in that time, but their expected record based on scoring differential is 27-25. They have gone 18-2 in their division and 17-15 against everyone else.

If the Colts don't add another back, Gore will probably have a few decent games here and there based on how many times he gets in the end zone, but I still don't think he is going to have many games with 20+ touches (if Luck is in the line up). I also think at some point they will add someone else to limit his workload to keep Gore on the field for the whole season. I think where he ranks currently is where he should stay ranked (RB 25 in 0 ppr leagues, so a mediocre RB2 or flex play). Now that I think about it, he may dip a little in the rankings once some of the established studs get on track.

Maybe I'm stubborn but still like his value. The team will play better. A Bradshaw signing would ding him a little but not kill his value.

Getting a 2016 1st for him this summer was one of my best pulls in dynasty.

Contender thought he was getting the winning piece (as did I)... But I am veeerrrrry happy now

Contender thought he was getting the winning piece (as did I)... But I am veeerrrrry happy now
I think that's great value regardless, but Gore could still be a good piece for a contender this year

Anyone starting him with confidence tonight?
Nice game, 2 more yards and he would have gotten me 19. I don't get the no passes to him when they are playing a bit conservative with Hasselbeck, although he caught a few last week. He looked good tonight, finding the spots up the middle. Aside the bad first week and that one fumble on the goal line instead of an easy TD, he's been solid and honestly I think he's going to be good going forward. That was the first big touch night, so he seems he could maintain it all year. I'm liking my Gore/Foster tandem now with their first real week together.

I'd be happy with that action as well. I only own him in redraft, and very happy considering I got him in the 6th round. But a first round pick is a no brainer. You gotta pimp that if you got it.

Ugh just traded hill for this guy yesterday because i wanted out of a committee. What does bradshaw signing mean for gore? Still a low end rb1? I assume bradshaw will be the passing back and gore want getting many catches anyway. I'm worried about the red zone looks. Ugh

Ugh just traded hill for this guy yesterday because i wanted out of a committee. What does bradshaw signing mean for gore? Still a low end rb1? I assume bradshaw will be the passing back and gore want getting many catches anyway. I'm worried about the red zone looks. Ugh
Decrease Gore's stats by 25%. Bradshaw will get the Robinson/Tipton snaps and the passing downs IMO. Gore now RB2, Bradshaw RB3/flex.

Decrease Gore's stats by 25%. Bradshaw will get the Robinson/Tipton snaps and the passing downs IMO. Gore now RB2, Bradshaw RB3/flex.
You're kidding yourself. Here's what this means: 50/50 at BEST for Gore in as little as two weeks because this is an OLD team and Bradshaw is a great blocker. Those two things are going to translate into them "saving Gore wear and tear", meaning he's going to be in and get all those straight up the middle, vanilla runs and it will be Bradshaw out there in obvious passing downs and the work out in space.

This is BAD BAD news for Gore. Did I say BAD? I mean REALLY BAD.

You're kidding yourself. Here's what this means: 50/50 at BEST for Gore in as little as two weeks because this is an OLD team and Bradshaw is a great blocker. Those two things are going to translate into them "saving Gore wear and tear", meaning he's going to be in and get all those straight up the middle, vanilla runs and it will be Bradshaw out there in obvious passing downs and the work out in space. This is BAD BAD news for Gore. Did I say BAD? I mean REALLY BAD.
Well, if gore was getting 80% of the touches, and you decrease that by 25%, that's 60% of the touches moving forward. I think that's reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Colts.com's Kevin Bowen expects RB Frank Gore to remain the "definite lead back" despite the acquisition of Ahmad Bradshaw this week.

Gore should keep the early-down work, but Bradshaw was very good in the passing game last season and could steal some of those snaps. If he does, Gore could turn into a more game-flow dependent option. Bradshaw joining the team does not kill Gore's value by any means, but it does raise some concerns.

Related: Ahmad Bradshaw

Source: colts.com

Oct 17 - 1:12 PM

Rotoworld:

Frank Gore rushed 22 times for 70 yards and caught all three of his targets for 22 yards in the Colts' Week 8 loss to the Panthers on Monday night.

The 22 carries tied a season-high while the 25 touches set a new benchmark for Gore. The veteran did much of his damage in the first half before Andrew Luck took over in the fourth quarter with Ahmad Bradshaw handling pass-game work in the Colts' backfield. At the halfway point of the season, Gore is on pace to rush 240 times for 1,032 yards (4.3 YPC) and six touchdowns. The touchdown total is a bit of a disappointment, but if the offense can find its way over the final eight games, that number could potentially come close to doubling. Gore remains a strong RB2 but gets a bump down next week against the Broncos' elite defense.

Nov 3 - 12:45 AM

Seems to still be running really well. As the Roto note states if Indy can just pull it together even slightly in the second half Gore looks ready to roll.

Buck Bradcanon said:
Seems to still be running really well. As the Roto note states if Indy can just pull it together even slightly in the second half Gore looks ready to roll.
Will they run him wild though or are they more likely to work Bradshaw in to split the workload? Right now the Colts while 3-5 are in complete control of their playoff chances and will need him if they have any chance of beating any of the top AFC teams this year. With his age and his workload he has historically he is on pace for 15 less carries than last year by years end.

His overall touches are actually up and will be the most targets in the passing game since 2010.

Just can't see him getting much more except possibly a bump in TDs (dont know if the Colts let him punch it in though).

@SigmundBloom: Chud will have a bye week to install more offensive changes. Colts get to rest/mend leading into weak schedule. Ind O may win FF lgs yet.
I am very bullish Frank Gore down the stretch. 28 carries yesterday during a nice team win.

There is no reason to save Gore. None. He is older and will be worthless to Indy after this year. Chud is playing for a job maybe, he will use Gore because he is the best RB they have and still a play maker. He will run more because when they do, Luck plays better. Anyone who knows about football could see that, except Pep and that is why he is no longer employed.

Yesterday sealed the fate that Pep will never coach in the NFL again in a major OC role. He was the problem, not Pagano, not Luck, not the OLine, not the defense. Which some of those have not been playing well, but they were not the main problem. The predictive and sad sad sad play calling that was coming from Pep was the problem with this entire team.

There is no reason to save Gore. None. He is older and will be worthless to Indy after this year. Chud is playing for a job maybe, he will use Gore because he is the best RB they have and still a play maker. He will run more because when they do, Luck plays better. Anyone who knows about football could see that, except Pep and that is why he is no longer employed.

Yesterday sealed the fate that Pep will never coach in the NFL again in a major OC role. He was the problem, not Pagano, not Luck, not the OLine, not the defense. Which some of those have not been playing well, but they were not the main problem. The predictive and sad sad sad play calling that was coming from Pep was the problem with this entire team.
I would love to understand the dynamics of a real NFL football team. How does one guy (Pep or any other coach or coordinator) "at the office" (who is not the boss) have enough unilateral authority to run their "department" so poorly that the answer is always either "You're great or You're fired"?

Why is that no one steps in and says "Hey, Pep, I see what we're doing here and let me suggest this improvement". At my work place, people get chances to have someone else step in and help/make suggestions/offer up something that turns things around before someone is just fired and then they literally turn over their shoulder and say "hey..guy that has been standing here the whole time...you're up."

Is it ego on the part of the coaches? I can see that if it were a HC but doesn't Pogano have some responsibility to step in?

Frank Gore - RB - Colts

Frank Gore (knee, quad) isn't practicing Wednesday.
Gore missed time on Sunday after an early knee/quad issue and was spotted with a noticeable limp late in the game on the sideline. The Colts are likely just giving the 32-year-old the practice off and will probably limit his reps the remainder of the week. Gore should be fine for Week 12 against the Bucs.

I don't like it, Roto is speculating, however I'm speculating gore could be a trap play this week

Does anyone know if Gore's been given any Wednesdays off lately? If not, that would be a sign the injury is an issue of some kind this week.

Frank Gore - RB - Colts

Frank Gore (knee, quad) isn't practicing Wednesday.

Gore missed time on Sunday after an early knee/quad issue and was spotted with a noticeable limp late in the game on the sideline. The Colts are likely just giving the 32-year-old the practice off and will probably limit his reps the remainder of the week. Gore should be fine for Week 12 against the Bucs.

I don't like it, Roto is speculating, however I'm speculating gore could be a trap play this week
Not sure I wanna play him this week either, particularly if Bradshaw is always in by the goalline

Users who are viewing this thread