What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

For the love of god, Waldman.... (1 Viewer)

Your analysis is really in-depth, insightful, and high quality. I look forward to your Gut Check column every week that breaks down film to illustrate incredible circumspection based on a player's talent and ability, what the team does around them to help or hinder, and really point out fantastic tidbits that help me understand fantasy implications, but also a little more about the game in general. For those of you who subscribe, do yourself a favor and check it out, it really is gold. For those of you who don't subscribe, it's analysis like this that actually makes the subscription worthwhile, IMHO. 

But for the love of Pete (Rozelle, Boulware, Warwick, et al), PLEASE get a stabilization device or an alternate way of grabbing and posting high quality video. As it stands, it's like watching The Blair Witch Project while running a jackhammer in a category 5 hurricane, with the video about as clear and well-defined as the fine print on tax code changes. I mean, I've seen beaches that are less grainy, and there are 8 year olds making much slicker and better produced gaming, "fail," and Barney roast videos on YouTube, Vine, and Twitch.

I don't mean to come down on you in a public forum to make you look bad, as I truly think your analysis is top notch -- really superb and consistent and enlightening. But I didn't see a way of emailing directly, and figured a direct Tweet might get lost or not immediately relate to the columns you do here.

Please invest in some new equipment or video capturing/editing software -- something to match the professional approach with which you approach your analysis. That, or provide coupons for Dramamine (or Gravol for the rest of my Canadian brethren) for readers to deal with the ensuing motion sickness.

TIA,

STC

When I read the title I thought this was a thread on Kareem Hunt = Chester Taylor.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read the title I thought this was a thread on Kareem Hunt = Chester Taylor.
Hahaha. I had the same thought. Maybe this is what Chester Taylor SHOULD have done???

Has Matt changed his tune on hunt at all? He’s really an amazing analyst and everyone misses. I thought Trent Richardson was going to break rushing records...

Have to agree. Some decent video quality would go a long way. Also, I really wish he'd get to the meat faster. Guy is the living embodiment of the Wadsworth Constant. So much setup and you really want to skip the first third of it, all that long-winded setup, to actually see what he's talking about. Maybe if the video wasn't frozen the whole time he's giving his "this is why what I'm about to show you is important" windup. Just play the play while you talk about it, man.
Had to look that one up. Learn something new here every day.

Not saying don't post or discuss... but if you want to get actual constructive feedback to him, each staffer's email is in their staff contact page.  Matt's is waldman@footballguys.com.

Agree with the overall consensus. Always love Waldmans articles and what he has to say in general, but the wobbly videos just don't match up to the quality of his words, and it's silly because it's so easily fixable. 

Even just a small guerilla pod/tripod that you can get for your android phone and framing it on the tv/computer screen would be a big improvement 

Hahaha. I had the same thought. Maybe this is what Chester Taylor SHOULD have done???

Has Matt changed his tune on hunt at all? He’s really an amazing analyst and everyone misses. I thought Trent Richardson was going to break rushing records...
Maybe you just meant Saskatchewan Roughriders rushing records.  Don't count yourself out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread