What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Five Guys thread, a 130+ page swordfight. (1 Viewer)

They are spreading like wildfire. I was just at one in Charlotte and one in Chantilly, VA. Actually at both of those places they now take credit cards as well.
:pickle: I go to the Chantilly one. It's probably been over a month since I've been, though, so I didn't know they take cc now.

:pickle:

5G's is expanding very quickly. There is a recent washington post article about them. Give them time, they will be everywhere....
If I were to own a franchise, this would definitely be the one I'd want.

This place also has pretty good burgers and fries.

Their milkshakes are phenomenal.

It's a 50's type diner.

If you eat the 1 pounder, you get your picture up on the wall of fame.

Cheeburger Cheeburger
I'll have to see about getting to one of those. I've eaten a cheeseburger at Applebee's that had two 1/2 pound patties, so I think I could get on the wall. That could be as close to famous as I ever get.

Just got a 5 Guys a mile away. Went there the 3rd day open, and went back 3 more times in the next 4 days. I cant stop.

Best burgers around.

Since the inception of this thread, the Five Guys I mentioned had problems with the franchisee, so it got delayed until Five Guys could find someone else willing to take over the operation. It finally opened late last year. During that time, another one opened up 1/2 mile down the street, so I now have 2 with 2 miles.

Just got a 5 Guys a mile away. Went there the 3rd day open, and went back 3 more times in the next 4 days. I cant stop.Best burgers around.
:useless:I've been on a bizarre self-invented diet, so I've been steering clear for the most part, but I broke down and went there about 2 weeks ago on my GF's request. So damned tasty.

I remember this thread. When we went down to the Outer Banks last year they had one there so I had to try it. 2 :useless: There aren't any near home. Didn't think too much more about it until the other day when I was at Moe's Mexican Grill. Right next door, hidden from the main road is a Five Guys. Guess where I'm going tomorrow. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember this thread. When we went down to the Outer Banks last year they had one there so I had to try it. 2 :hophead: There aren't any near home. Didn't think too much more about it until the other day when I was at Moe's Mexican Grill. Right next door, hidden from the main road is a Five Guys. Guess where I'm going tomorrow. :D
The emergency room?

I remember this thread. When we went down to the Outer Banks last year they had one there so I had to try it. 2 :shrug: There aren't any near home. Didn't think too much more about it until the other day when I was at Moe's Mexican Grill. Right next door, hidden from the main road is a Five Guys. Guess where I'm going tomorrow. :D
The emergency room?
Magic 8-ball says: Looks likely. :)

About 4 minutes prior to seeing this thread, I asked my three year old son where he wanted to go for dinner since the wife is going to work tonight.

His response: "Chinese!"

Me: "No, your other favorite place".

Him: "FIVE GUYS!"

:) :shrug:

It's a 50's type diner.

Cheeburger Cheeburger
Just opened one near me. :pokey: :lmao: The 1 pounder is actually 20oz pre cooked
They have one in Orlando too - too bad it's on the complete opposite side of town, about a half hour away from where I live/work.

It's a 50's type diner.

Cheeburger Cheeburger
Just opened one near me. :pokey: :lmao: The 1 pounder is actually 20oz pre cooked
They have one in Orlando too - too bad it's on the complete opposite side of town, about a half hour away from where I live/work.
The original is in Sanibel

I live 5 minutes from the Cheeburger^2 in Orlando. Great food, crappy service. Their serving staff is slower than Ted Washington running the 40

I work 5 minutes from a 5 Guys location in SW Orlando - they rock

It's a 50's type diner.

Cheeburger Cheeburger
My brother works out a lot and has a big appetite.He had the 1 pounder, a large fries, a milkshake, and half a basket of someone else's onion rings. People kept walking by the table in disbelief because he's not THAT big of a guy. (about 5'11" 200 lb). I think he may have actually eaten part of someone else's burger as well.

My brother was also single-handedly responsible for the local Friendlys changing their policy. He'd go in with his friends for ice cream, buy a half gallon of ice cream, sit down with his friends with it and ask for a spoon. :hophead: Friendlys charges like $5 for a sundae that's 1/3 ice cream, and 2/3 whipped cream. So my brother would pay the same amount and get a half gallon of ice cream. After he did that a few times, they put a sign up over the ice cream cooler that said "For Takeout Only."

Dammit, this thread is gonna make me go get a big cheeseburger. I think A-1, mushrooms, and jalps and sound good today.

We just got one within 12 min of my house, should I give it a whirl?

How many miles will I need to run the next day to avoid having to buy new pants?

One opened near me recently - it's not a bad burger, but it's a very nice, clean location, and the fries are outstanding.

If they would cook their burgers in any manner other than "well"...I'd be a HUGE fan.

Just put a few up around here in MA, everyone I know who has tried it, has absolutely RAVED about it.

Seeing this here only furthers my resolve to try it.

But will it live up to the hype?

Is it better than In N Out?

Just put a few up around here in MA, everyone I know who has tried it, has absolutely RAVED about it.Seeing this here only furthers my resolve to try it.But will it live up to the hype?Is it better than In N Out?
Nothing is better then in n out

Just put a few up around here in MA, everyone I know who has tried it, has absolutely RAVED about it.

Much

Nothing is better then in n out
different ins and outs, imo

Much
Do you consider In N Out to be the best among the typical burger chains? (ie: McDonalds, BK, Wendy's, In N Out, White Castle etc)
Among the ones you listed there, yeah, probably.

fat guys know food...

At The Players Championship last week, Phil Mickelson made a big statement when he told the press that he preferred Five Guys Burgers and Fries over In-N-Out Burger.“I grew up on In-N-Out,” said Mickelson, who admitted he had gone to Five Guys for six days in a row. “I thought that was the best burger until I had Five Guys. That is hands down the best burger I’ve ever had.”

I'll take a 100% fresh beef burger grilled over an open fire with fresh Let/Onion/Tom/Pickle/Must anyday over 5 guys. I don't have one place I have to get a burger from, I can enjoy one almost anywhere as long as the burgers are cooked to order. Medium rare to medium is so much more important to me than anything 5 guys serves. I've had 5 guys but c'mon, it costs over $10 for a burger, fried, and a coke. I'll take an open fire gutbomb from any mom and pop including bars as long as the toppings are fresh.

I can skip the fries, not needed.

For the Metro-D.C. people, Cheeburger Cheeburger is better than Five Guys. Way more toppings and way more sauces. The selection is not even close. I know there's one in Rockville, MD. I think there's a few other's around, too.

Much
Do you consider In N Out to be the best among the typical burger chains? (ie: McDonalds, BK, Wendy's, In N Out, White Castle etc)
How big (common?) is 5 Guys nationally?

Col Mustards is/was much better. No idea why they didnt take off but their whole biz model just seemed to evaporate about 10 years ago.

Much
How big (common?) is 5 Guys nationally?
No clue. I'd never had one until today. I didn't even know there was one around here.

I'll take a 100% fresh beef burger grilled over an open fire with fresh Let/Onion/Tom/Pickle/Must anyday over 5 guys. I don't have one place I have to get a burger from, I can enjoy one almost anywhere as long as the burgers are cooked to order. Medium rare to medium is so much more important to me than anything 5 guys serves. I've had 5 guys but c'mon, it costs over $10 for a burger, fried, and a coke. I'll take an open fire gutbomb from any mom and pop including bars as long as the toppings are fresh. I can skip the fries, not needed.
Congratulations?

Users who are viewing this thread