What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Finally MLB (1 Viewer)

OK, no cash tonight

$25 MIU Winner take all

Salazar/Teheran/Schoop/Trumbo/Machado

$9 GPP

Salazar/Gomes/CSanatana/Odor/Freeman/Pereza/Guyer/Trout/Judge

$7 GPP

Ray/VMartinez/MCabrera/Altuve/Castelloano/MGonzalez/Fisher/Mahtook/Mazara

3 $3 GPPs

Quintara/SPerez/CDavis/Schoop/ABeltre/EAndrus/Mazara/AJones/Fishr

Teheran/Sanchez/Votto/Gennett/Freese/Digi/Schebler/Duval/McCuthcen

Salazar/Castilo/Adams/Schoop/Freeman/Andrus/Inciarte/Trumbo/Choo

Good Luck guys

I threw a few Philly/ATL guys in one pretty wacky lineup 

Tanaka Garcia McCann Freeman Altuve Gonzalez Galvis Reddick Trout Williams

And I still think they don't go a full 9 in Philly, but, having said that, Galvis just singled, stole 2B, stole 3B & scored when the catcher's throw was air-mailed in to left field ....... ** sigh **.

That's double-digits in the first AB.

KarmaPolice said:
Sometimes the wacky ones are the best ones. 
Yup,...this lineup outscored 3 other lineups that I thought were way better. Next closest scored 40 points less. Stacking Houston never seems to be a bad idea, but Tanaka pitching like that out of the blue, against a team that has crushed him this year. Gotta love the variability of baseball. That Robbie Ray thing was pretty horrific. Seemed like he spun around just enough so he didn't take a direct hit to the face though. Yikes

Think we may have seen the last of Chris Tillman as a starter for the O's last night. Buck Showalter looked pissed watching him last night News broke that they had picked up Hellickson during the game. Nats picked up Howie Kendrick too. They've got a bunch of injuries to their normal bench guys, besides the starters that are hurt.

--Guess everyone's taking the day off. Tough slate. Threw a dart: Kluber - Roark - Mathis - Joseph - Cesar H.- Freeman - Peraza - Altherr - Nick W

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup,...this lineup outscored 3 other lineups that I thought were way better. Next closest scored 40 points less. Stacking Houston never seems to be a bad idea, but Tanaka pitching like that out of the blue, against a team that has crushed him this year. Gotta love the variability of baseball. That Robbie Ray thing was pretty horrific. Seemed like he spun around just enough so he didn't take a direct hit to the face though. Yikes

Think we may have seen the last of Chris Tillman as a starter for the O's last night. Buck Showalter looked pissed watching him last night News broke that they had picked up Hellickson during the game. Nats picked up Howie Kendrick too. They've got a bunch of injuries to their normal bench guys, besides the starters that are hurt.

--Guess everyone's taking the day off. Tough slate. Threw a dart: Kluber - Roark - Mathis - Joseph - Cesar H.- Freeman - Peraza - Altherr - Nick W
Sadly, I don't think I have taken a day off.

On DK I threw in 4 25cent LUs all with the Lamet/Nola SP combo and with 4 different teams for the core stack:  Mia, Balt, Clev, Cubs.  Mia stack and Clev stack (I had Gordon in that one too) cashed so $1 in, $2 out there.  On FD I had a Clev+Kluber LU and a Nova+Mia LU,  Mia one hit b/c I also have Vazquez as C.  $2 in $8 out there. 

I think I will do a similar thing tomorrow on DK tomorrow depending on which teams look to be in good spots.  Probably use a SP combo like Castillo/Montgomery and try a few different team stacks and throw a couple bucks on FD. 

Was bored, had a couple drinks, and the plate IQ was up early, so I looked for ideas tonight.

More popular ideas were: Cleveland, Milwaukee, Cubs-L, Mia-R and Balt/Tex-R

Less popular ideas: Tort-R (they mostly seem to stink), Atlanta, Philly (Franco/Herrara/Joseph seem to have success vs. knuckleball), Moustakas (good #s even though L-L matchup, and Pomeranz has poor #s for L-L)

Probably use a SP combo like Castillo/Montgomery

Less popular ideas: Tort-R (they mostly seem to stink), Atlanta, Philly (Franco/Herrara/Joseph seem to have success vs. knuckleball), Moustakas (good #s even though L-L matchup, and Pomeranz has poor #s for L-L)
Miami's lineup is pretty watered down. Line has been moving down on them. Lotta people talking about using Dickey from what I'm seeing too. These could work out pretty well. People are starting to get on Castillo now too. 

I have Dickey in a few lineups... just for what I think will be similar point output as some other guys, and salary relief. Pitchers I have right now are Tomlin, Monty, Dickey, Lynn, and Castillo. Might be switching more to Castillo though after Miami's lineup came out. I don't like playing Montgomery either, so will probably get him out. Pitching is tough again.

This guy pitching for the Nats has bounced between the bullpen and as a starter in Syracuse, is making his first big league start, hasn't thrown since July 19th, and hasn't thrown more than 71 pitches there. I'm gonna have some Rockies bats for sure.

4 DK GPP lineups

Lynn Dickey McCann Votto Scooter Gonzalez Simmons Calhoun Harper Trout

Castillo Dickey Gattis Votto Scooter Arenado Simmons Blackmon Calhoun Parra

Castillo Tomlin McCann Freeman Altuve Shaw Simmons Calhoun Fisher Reddick

Dickey Lynn Lobaton Freeman Schoop Machado Simmons Blackmon Calhoun Parra

4 DK GPP lineups

Lynn Dickey McCann Votto Scooter Gonzalez Simmons Calhoun Harper Trout

Castillo Dickey Gattis Votto Scooter Arenado Simmons Blackmon Calhoun Parra

Castillo Tomlin McCann Freeman Altuve Shaw Simmons Calhoun Fisher Reddick

Dickey Lynn Lobaton Freeman Schoop Machado Simmons Blackmon Calhoun Parra
You do a similar thing to me and just throw in 4 25cent gpps?

Not overly confident today, as a lot of teams/stacks I liked got F'd with b/c of players not starting, so I had to edit on the fly quickly in the store this morning.  I will look at a couple more closely b/c the games start later. 

I think I mostly ended up with J.Mont/Castillo on DK b/c of the cheapness.  Wanted Cleveland, but a couple of the guys I wanted were out.  I think I have Colorado, Balt, and a Balt/Tex game stack again.  I think the other ended up as a mix as I had to edit guys in and out. Also sprinkled in Cinci bats like you did. 

You do a similar thing to me and just throw in 4 25cent gpps?

Not overly confident today, as a lot of teams/stacks I liked got F'd with b/c of players not starting, so I had to edit on the fly quickly in the store this morning.  I will look at a couple more closely b/c the games start later. 

I think I mostly ended up with J.Mont/Castillo on DK b/c of the cheapness.  Wanted Cleveland, but a couple of the guys I wanted were out.  I think I have Colorado, Balt, and a Balt/Tex game stack again.  I think the other ended up as a mix as I had to edit guys in and out. Also sprinkled in Cinci bats like you did. 
I do $1 GPPs mostly, but I have settled in to about 4 lineups per slate. Up until last night, I had a decent little streak going. I had Montgomery in, but seems like he was the 'safe' play for a lot of people. I don't like the Yankees starters usually because their bullpen is so good, I worry about them pulling them early. Not so much Severino, but that always crosses my mind with Montgomery. I also am not super-confident today. Never really am though.100% Andrelton Simmons might have been a little aggressive. Haha. I liked that Angels run total, his Plate IQ, and the projections I was looking at....oh yeah, cheap salary too. Same with Calhoun.

Castillo is about 20 % in the contests I'm in. Angels just pulled Calhoun on 2nd for a pinch runner up 6-1 in the top of the 3rd. Dammit. Nats pitcher settled down in the 2nd after loading em up with no outs in the first.

Won my 3 man with a score of 177.7 despite Harper getting his usual goose egg when I use him. Wish the other 2 contests I entered that lineup in would have filled , new to DK but that seems to be a good total there.

Won my 3 man with a score of 177.7 despite Harper getting his usual goose egg when I use him. Wish the other 2 contests I entered that lineup in would have filled , new to DK but that seems to be a good total there.
177 is a very good score. I thought that lineup you posted probably did really well. Two of my four lineups cashed in the $1 solo shot with scores of 125 and 132. 177.7 would have put you in 25th and getting $30. Payouts for that contest were top 2,192 out of 8,823 get paid. For me, $4 in--$3.50 out, so I lost money today. 

My guys like this for me are Judge and K.Davis.  0 clue why I keep trying with them. 

Nice LU score!

I had a decent sweat with my odd LU that had the SPs I had to fit with my idea and panned out - Lackey/Castillo.  Stacked Balt with Blackmon/LIndor/J.McCann.  16th place ($6), and only a couple pts from the top 10 so that top of the 9th was interesting since I had their 1-4 in the lineup.  Of course the top 6 LUs in the contest were from the same person entering 6x of the same LU too. 

Also cashed in 2 of 3 Arcade Modes that I tried.  For whatever reason, I seem to be having more luck on DK this past week than I have with FD. 

Just saw this, going to do 3-4 lineups even tho P is weak again.
for sure, esp with Gray probably a goner today. 

I think I narrowed it down to Severino,Duffy, Morton, Clevinger, Estrada.   Gio is in the conversation on FD, but not going to pay just a tiny bit less than Severino for him on DK. 

Pure punt play, but I might try Estrada b/c Toronto has one of the best matchups on the day vs. Shields and they are essentially a AAA team now besides Abreu.  Clevinger is cheap but Bost doesn't strike out a ton.  A podcast I was listening to this morning said that what he throws is what they struggle against though. 

Depends what bats/stacks you like.  My dummy LU what Severino/Morton with a Seattle stack for fun, and teams like Oak/Toronto/SF are cheap too.  I think a very popular play today will be to take those 2 SPs and load up on Toronto.  SF is priced like they are going against Gray, so if they get a scrub that could be sneaky.  If you are going with KC/Clev/Wash type teams, you won't be able to do those two SPs I wouldn't think. 

I went with severino/Morton with bats from Tor,KC and Oak.

Estrada/Clevenger + Bal,NY and Cle
So far I put in 5 25cent gpps with Morton/Severino.-  3 with different versions of a Seattle stack, 1 with KC+Bost, and 1 a mix of players. 

FD just threw in 2 $1 gpps too.  1 was Severino with KC/Bost again, just different players.  They just fit well together, I guess.

Against my better judgement, with a lite slate of decent SP tonight, I'm throwing a $2 50/50 in on FD w/ Severino, Posey, Y. Alonso, Jose Ramirez, E. Nunez, Difo, B. Zimmer, Pearce, M. Cabrera. Still waiting to see SF's L/U to be sure that Posey starts.

1 of 5 DK GPP: Morton Clevinger Maxwell Healy Ramirez Moosetacos Lindor Brantley Cruz Robinson 

--thud

Will probably jinx it now but best lineup looks to be

Gio Morton Posey Alonso Panik Donaldson Crawford Bautista Span Pillar

My Clevenger lineup also has Gardner in it who DNP and I missed it because I was watching game of thrones.

SPs are definitely interesting today.  On DK for gpps I think you could try Scherz or Sale + a cheaper guy, or 2 guys under 9K.   So far I have those top two plus Maeda, Nelson, C-Mart, Fiers, Samardja, Berrios, Taillon written down.  IMO Stroman is too much on DK, but that could be a good play on FD.  Taking two of those lower guys I listed could still get you just about any bat you want. 

As as far as bats/teams/stacks, I have Seattle, NY, Mets, Wash and Tex written down.  Ton of other one-offs like KC-L, Pitts, Cubs, Tort-L, Az-R, Milw-L I have listed too.

Thank you Mr. Semein, cashed all cash LUs due to his granny, had already given up on the night as a lose, ended up +$28

Glad somebody at least won some decent $ last night. I had some pathetically low scoring lineups. Can't believe I didn't have more Houston bats. I always try to have at least one Houston-heavy lineup, especially when no one's really talking about them. I'm on vacation this week, and not sitting on my computer trying to figure out who to play during the day. I'm gonna cut back. I might end up still throwing in a lineup or two here and there, and hope for some luck. Good luck to everyone. Someone take a tourney down!

Glad somebody at least won some decent $ last night. I had some pathetically low scoring lineups. Can't believe I didn't have more Houston bats. I always try to have at least one Houston-heavy lineup, especially when no one's really talking about them. I'm on vacation this week, and not sitting on my computer trying to figure out who to play during the day. I'm gonna cut back. I might end up still throwing in a lineup or two here and there, and hope for some luck. Good luck to everyone. Someone take a tourney down!
Problem with Houston is the production comes from odd spots.  I had a Houston stack, but it was the 6-9 that had the production last night. 

Problem with Houston is the production comes from odd spots.  I had a Houston stack, but it was the 6-9 that had the production last night. 
Yeah, Bregman, White, and Marisnick probably would not have made my lineups. I do like staggering Houston stacks a lot though, always trying to get Altuve in there somehow. What little I picked up yesterday, McCann had some crazy BvP vs Cobb. I didn't play him though. Also, Justin Smoak might have been the chalkiest chalk that ever chalked. I tried to avoid Blue Jays for GPPs, but did have some in my cash lineup. I think when one team is going to be super chalky, maybe picking one or two of them that you think has the best shot to homer, rather than full on stacking is not a terrible idea. Anyhow, good luck again to you guys.  

Yeah, Bregman, White, and Marisnick probably would not have made my lineups. I do like staggering Houston stacks a lot though, always trying to get Altuve in there somehow. What little I picked up yesterday, McCann had some crazy BvP vs Cobb. I didn't play him though. Also, Justin Smoak might have been the chalkiest chalk that ever chalked. I tried to avoid Blue Jays for GPPs, but did have some in my cash lineup. I think when one team is going to be super chalky, maybe picking one or two of them that you think has the best shot to homer, rather than full on stacking is not a terrible idea. Anyhow, good luck again to you guys.  
For sure - maybe use an odd team for a gpp and sprinkle in the chalk as one-offs. 

B/c of the SP pricing I do like DK a bit more tonight, so I will focus more on that.  I did throw a few in on FD of course.  As of now, I have:

Taillon + Seattle with JDMart, Arenado, Gallo, Contreras

Samardj + LaD with Devers and a couple KC guys

Scherz + a mix of one off guys I had written down - C.Santana, Wong, Zunino, Galvis, Almora, Joc,, etc..

Will work on DK in a bit, but like I said earlier, I like what you can put together for gpps with two of: Berrios/Nelson/C-Mart/Samard.  Could also punt more and go Scherz/Sale + that Sims kid who seems to have decent K stuff, but I wouldn't put much $ behind that with his first start being against LaD. 

$1 3 man and .10 gpp

scherzer barrios lucroy freeman cano forsythe gregorius cruz dyson inciarte

.25 arcade gpp

sabathia marte bell murphy zimmerman cain

good luck all!!

$1 3 man and .10 gpp

scherzer barrios lucroy freeman cano forsythe gregorius cruz dyson inciarte

.25 arcade gpp

sabathia marte bell murphy zimmerman cain

good luck all!!
Good Luck! 

I tried 3 Scherzer LUs on FD - 1 Seattle stack, 1 Cubs-R stack, and one mix.

DK I did a bunch of 25cent entries and some $1 stuff.   Had some weird ideas I had fun with, mostly in the 25cent ones:  Sale/Scherz + Boston stack, and I did try a couple with that Sims kid to upgrade a couple bats.

Pricing is weird on DK, especially for C.  I think Zunino was the highest priced Mariner tonight??

$ GPP LU

Martinez/dArmaud/Flores/Walker/KSeager/Roslaes/Cespedes/Gamel/JDyson

$3 GPP LUs

Stroman/Sanchez/Headley/Sogard/Castellano/Difo/Comforto/Bruce/CFrazer

Fiers/Sanchez/Carpendar/Walker/Cabrera/Russell/LMartin/JDyson/Cespedes

Stroman/dAruad/Carpendar/Cano/KSeager/Russell/Cespedes/Bruce/JDyson

MIU LUs

Manaea/Stroman/Walker/Cabrera/Cespedes

Schrezer/Nolasco/Cano/JDyson/Gamel

Pelfry/Bailey/Blackmon/Arenado/Judge

Good luck guys

Users who are viewing this thread