What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Final day, need a little bump. Help our animal shelter win $1000 (1 Viewer)

3C's

Footballguy
If you have facebook all it takes is a few seconds to click this link and "like" this pic. link

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys! Started the day n 5th place but now in 1st. Hopefully can stay there for a week. :thumbup:

Thanks Snogger

My little story about BB Moby. He and several siblings were at a shelter in Alabama during the bad tornadoes 3 years ago. I'm reminded of it because of the bad events from last night and more likely today. Due to the damage in the area the shelter there had to be shut down. An urgent appeal was put out and our little local shelter up here in Va took in 20 of their pups/dogs. A great program called pilots-n-paws flew them from airport to airport to airport. They arrived after closing but I was there late working on who knows what, probably doing yard work. I had recently lost my best bud Halo and really wasn't looking for another dog but when I saw him I knew he was the one but I figured I'd give it a week, give others a chance at adoption. A week later he was the last one of the puppies/his siblings left. So as fate would have it he became an addition to the family and he's been awesome.

how do we get all the shelters some dough?
donate? :D the best way to get funds to a nonprofit is directly.

I wish a few of the groups in this particular contest could win while there's others that shouldn't (IMO) be listed but fortunately are way behind. This is only one opportunity for the groups to get some funds. This one leads into the big day on the 6th. The 6th is "giving day" and winning there is based on actual donations made. I'll be doing (another) donation then but certainly wouldn't be asking anyone else to do so. A friend is doing a fund raiser for the shelter in June where she'll be swimming around the Florida Keys. That's a pretty long swim. :shark: It's been a somewhat tough year for the shelter financially so hopefully this and the swim event will help a little.

Thanks guys. These tiny ones say thanks as well.

These little guys are orphans and were brought in today in a box.

This is one of the animals that funding has helped. Frootloops came in with bad "cherry eyes" in both eyes and with corrective surgery she was finally free of the discomfort and more adoptable. need a final day push

We're in first and the finish line is close. One group is making a hard push to overtake us though. Almost there!

I don't do FB but good luck!
Thanks. I think we can do this. Obviously hoping for more great things tomorrow (but won't be asking for help here on that since it's real $) but this one is an easy one and we have the lead for now so hoping we can hold it for another 16 hours.

the good guys are in first. a decent lead but one group has been making a serious push. 7 hours to go...

I thought this ended at midnight when "giving day" starts but appears it ended at noon. Winners! (unofficial for now) Thanks again for the help.

Update! Check out these numbers...

Heritage Humane Society finished the day in 3rd Place (total # of donations), winning a $2,000 prize.

We also won the Favorite Nonprofit Contest ($1,000 prize, what you guys helped with), the Early Bird Contest ($1,000 prize, midnight madness), and came in 2nd during the Power Hour ($500 prize). Additionally, we hit both of our matching gift targets which brought in a total of $5,000.

Thanks again for the help in the logo contest!

Users who are viewing this thread