What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (10 Viewers)

'Raider Nation said:
BAL -6.5

GB -9.5

HOU -4.5

SEA -2
Definitely going to see how I can fit these into a 4 team 13 pt "Monster Teaser." These games shouldn't be blowouts, but crazier things have happened. I could see the following being a lean:Colts +19.5 (I think the Ravens are a fraud, and the Colts will make a run at this if not possibly win)

Packers +3.5 (They really ought to just stuff the entire defense in the box and make Ponder beat them in the air)

Texans +8.5 (I'm convinced after falling out of the bye that they'll play pissed, and won't lose by more than a TD at home)

Skins +15 (This is going to be a great game, but I don't see the the Skins playing the way they are now losing by more than 2 TD's at home)

'Raider Nation said:
BAL -6.5

GB -9.5

HOU -4.5

SEA -2
Definitely going to see how I can fit these into a 4 team 13 pt "Monster Teaser." These games shouldn't be blowouts, but crazier things have happened. I could see the following being a lean:Colts +19.5 (I think the Ravens are a fraud, and the Colts will make a run at this if not possibly win)

Packers +3.5 (They really ought to just stuff the entire defense in the box and make Ponder beat them in the air)

Texans +8.5 (I'm convinced after falling out of the bye that they'll play pissed, and won't lose by more than a TD at home)

Skins +15 (This is going to be a great game, but I don't see the the Skins playing the way they are now losing by more than 2 TD's at home)
I can't argue with IND/GB/WAS but you're nuts if you don't put CIN +17.5 in there.Great number and the Texans are a mess.

and FYI regarding the UFC plays last night. Sounds like Boetsch broke his hand in the 1st of his fight, and Dos Santos broke his jaw in the end of the 1st, beginning of the 2nd. Of course Dos Santos' was due to him get his butt kicked that 1st round, but makes a little more sense seeing how he couldn't bounce back for anything through the fight

'Raider Nation said:
BAL -6.5

GB -9.5

HOU -4.5

SEA -2

I can't argue with IND/GB/WAS but you're nuts if you don't put CIN +17.5 in there.Great number and the Texans are a mess.
I like it, I think I was catching myself up in trying to convince myself the Texans can't burn me again. What do they say about insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. And that Cincy +17.5 is a great number. Think that's the way we go. 2 home and 2 away teams, already a fan. Thanks, RN.

'Raider Nation said:
BAL -6.5

GB -9.5

HOU -4.5

SEA -2

I like it, I think I was catching myself up in trying to convince myself the Texans can't burn me again. What do they say about insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. And that Cincy +17.5 is a great number. Think that's the way we go. 2 home and 2 away teams, already a fan. Thanks, RN.
Normally I would scold you for crossing zero but that one's a freebie. It will likely get ugly.Peterson could still get his yards as the Vikes lose 34-13.

'Raider Nation said:
BAL -6.5

GB -9.5

HOU -4.5

SEA -2

Normally I would scold you for crossing zero but that one's a freebie. It will likely get ugly.Peterson could still get his yards as the Vikes lose 34-13.
I know the rule well, but it's the playoffs, and the pack is the only team left crossing 0. I'm thinking if I can get to over a FG and I think the team can win/it will be close, I'm taking my "perceived" winner. I'd rather have a team like the Packers at over a FG at home in a close game than praying that bleeding stops to cover if the Rodgers aerial assault is in full force in Lambeau and they not stop, but contain AP to a point where he's not dictating the game outcome.

'Raider Nation said:
BAL -6.5

GB -9.5

HOU -4.5

SEA -2

I know the rule well, but it's the playoffs, and the pack is the only team left crossing 0. I'm thinking if I can get to over a FG and I think the team can win/it will be close, I'm taking my "perceived" winner. I'd rather have a team like the Packers at over a FG at home in a close game than praying that bleeding stops to cover if the Rodgers aerial assault is in full force in Lambeau and they not stop, but contain AP to a point where he's not dictating the game outcome.
FWIW, I don't think crossing the zero is as bad when you're teasing 14 points. I mean, I don't know how good of an idea teasing 14 points is in the first place, but you're crossing the 7, the 3, and then the 3 again. I think I'd rather do that than tease the Vikes up into the low 20's.

I think I'd rather do that than tease the Vikes up into the low 20's.
Definitely.The Vikings strike me as one of those "happy to be here" teams. Most pundits had them pegged for the #1 overall pick in April. I can see them being satisfied, then quitting when they get down 21-3 in the 2nd.

I think I like NC State a lot today.

In tomorrow action, been holding this +2 Northwestern ticket for over 3 weeks. Now it's -1.5 Northwestern. Maybe I'll get cute with that.

Glad to see the NFL regular season end. Worst season I've had since I've kept records. Significantly lower number of tease-able games over the season and I didn't have any big teaser weeks.

I played Hou -3 -120 when it opened at betonline and I'll be teasing GB/Was.

I don't know how Indy keeps winning, it's pretty incredible.

Bookmaker(and actually RB) have Was +3 -125, I'm taking that. Way too much seattle love, this line should be pk

coaches to be fired before the first playoff game is now at 6 instead of 6 1/2We know Shurmur is for sure now also, which we kind of thought.Think i might jump on it. They all pretty much get fired right after right? No one would get fired after the playoffs start?
hope you played this :popcorn:EDIT: just saw Gailey gone alsoNorvGaileyRomeoLovieReidShurmurExpecting Wisenhunt to be on the list soon

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I like NC State a lot today.In tomorrow action, been holding this +2 Northwestern ticket for over 3 weeks. Now it's -1.5 Northwestern. Maybe I'll get cute with that.
Lots of numbers moving around on today's games. Clemson, Ga Tech/USC UNDER and Ga Tech all getting love.

Nothing jumping off the board today, IMO.

Purely recreational sub-1u play, just to have something going: USC -1.5 / Tulsa +7.5 (6 pointer)...

Good Luck!

I think I like NC State a lot today.In tomorrow action, been holding this +2 Northwestern ticket for over 3 weeks. Now it's -1.5 Northwestern. Maybe I'll get cute with that.
Lots of numbers moving around on today's game. Clemson, Ga Tech/USC UNDER and Ga Tech all getting love.
If the Ramblin' Wreck love keeps moving that line, I just may have to play USC. Wittek is no slouch at QB, and while Lee is quite possibly the best WR in the nation, USC has plenty of quality guys ready to go at WR. Big fan of Ga Tech Coach Paul Johnson, don't like betting against him, but I think that's emotion getting the best of me. USC is a big step up in class for Tech, even with the injuries factored in. Were this to go under a TD, I'd throw a unit at it...

I think I'd rather do that than tease the Vikes up into the low 20's.
Definitely.The Vikings strike me as one of those "happy to be here" teams. Most pundits had them pegged for the #1 overall pick in April. I can see them being satisfied, then quitting when they get down 21-3 in the 2nd.
add in the fact that AP just had 34 carries and now has a game 6 days later. AND Min Corner Antoine Winfield left the game in the 2nd quarter and did not return which is a big blow to that secondary and I can easily see the Pack winning this one 35 -10. The issue Min has if they get down early it will be hard for them to run to catchup.

Under City for Minnesota/Michigan St. (basketball):

Hollins under 12.5 points -120

Williams under 18.5 points+rebounds -120

Nix under 8 rebounds -110

DE-FENSE!, etc.

HNY, F'ers!

Doing a Three team teaser: Skins/Packers/Ravens

Will have more on Ravens side for sure. I am in the minority I guess but I like the Vikings some. Texans? What the hell are they gonna do? Can't trust them at all but we'll see where that number goes.

Not finding a lot I like in these Bowl Games, I'll be scouting for second half lines probably. Did make a handful of CBB plays for today:

Utah St. -6 1/2 (2 units)

St. Louis -4 1/2

UNC-Greensboro +22

UT-San Antonio -3

Tenn-Martin +5 1/2

71-74-4 -8.5 units

Doing a Three team teaser: Skins/Packers/RavensWill have more on Ravens side for sure. I am in the minority I guess but I like the Vikings some. Texans? What the hell are they gonna do? Can't trust them at all but we'll see where that number goes.
Why the Ravens love? I think Indy may have just played their playoff game yesterday, and that concerns me from the Indy side, but Baltimore has looked pretty poor for the last several weeks. Baltimore has all the playoff experience in this matchup and Indy has relatively little with the current nucleus ( minus Wayne) BUT Indy is playing with house money at this point and while they might just be happy to be there, they may also be able to play loose enough to pull the upset. First impression is Indy +the points here.

I'll be looking to play Vandy and the overs in the second half of this one. NC State has absolutely no answer for the wildcat, and if it weren't for 3 turnovers, NC State would have more than 7 points up. Be interesting to see the numbers.

Doing a Three team teaser: Skins/Packers/RavensWill have more on Ravens side for sure. I am in the minority I guess but I like the Vikings some. Texans? What the hell are they gonna do? Can't trust them at all but we'll see where that number goes.
Why the Ravens love? I think Indy may have just played their playoff game yesterday, and that concerns me from the Indy side, but Baltimore has looked pretty poor for the last several weeks. Baltimore has all the playoff experience in this matchup and Indy has relatively little with the current nucleus ( minus Wayne) BUT Indy is playing with house money at this point and while they might just be happy to be there, they may also be able to play loose enough to pull the upset. First impression is Indy +the points here.
Well I guess it is a fine line between playing with house money and playing with something to prove. Some think playing with house money and playing loose is good, I tend to believe a team that has been there before and with something to prove will come out motivated. I don't really see the pressure on Bal. but more the desire to get over the hump and Indy more happy to be there. And I know people like to jump on the Ravens recent play but they did just dominate the Giants in a must win game. Before that they played the #1 team in the AFC and another divisional team. Baltimore has certainly been up and down this year but I think they'll be ready to play.

USC -7 (-120)

Bought the half point, typically don't do that, but just want to be safe. One unit.

USC 4-0 ATS last 4 Bowl Games, Lee is playing.

Ga Tech 0-5 ATS last 5 Bowl Games.

Will have more on Ravens side for sure. I am in the minority I guess but I like the Vikings some. Texans? What the hell are they gonna do? Can't trust them at all but we'll see where that number goes.
Am I the only one who thinks Indy is simply a mediocre football team who has gotten lucky and had an incredibly soft schedule?

If you're an advanced stat guy, they rank near the bottom of the league in DVOA (those are Week 16 rankings, they'll improve a bit after Week 17 but not that much).

If you're more of a traditional stat guy, they have have a -30 point differential, which is mediocre Dolphins/Cowboys type territory. The are the only team in the league to finish above .500 with a negative point differential.

If you prefer to look at game results, find me the road win on their schedule that makes you think they can hang in a road playoff game.

To me the -6.5 line almost looks too good to be true.

I'll be looking to play Vandy and the overs in the second half of this one. NC State has absolutely no answer for the wildcat, and if it weren't for 3 turnovers, NC State would have more than 7 points up. Be interesting to see the numbers.
Had Vandy 2nd quarter -.5 and that KR about ruined me. Huge turnover for ncstate(short field) after vandy had to punt saved me when they got that last easy score. Maybe my luck has changed. Northwestern and over still looks like a great play to me New Yrs Day. Have 2 units on both at the moment and a buck parlay.

coaches to be fired before the first playoff game is now at 6 instead of 6 1/2We know Shurmur is for sure now also, which we kind of thought.Think i might jump on it. They all pretty much get fired right after right? No one would get fired after the playoffs start?
Wow didnt touch this, but a few we didnt think of. 6 over looks to be easy

Am I the only one who thinks Indy is simply a mediocre football team who has gotten lucky and had an incredibly soft schedule?

If you're an advanced stat guy, they rank near the bottom of the league in DVOA (those are Week 16 rankings, they'll improve a bit after Week 17 but not that much).

If you're more of a traditional stat guy, they have have a -30 point differential, which is mediocre Dolphins/Cowboys type territory. The are the only team in the league to finish above .500 with a negative point differential.

If you prefer to look at game results, find me the road win on their schedule that makes you think they can hang in a road playoff game.

I agree and think their division was soft as well. Ravens battle tested in the division with even the browns being a semi decent team. I would think the Ravens will be able to run pretty well on Indy, thus opening up their passing game. Indy might be one dimensional and Luck will prolly make some mistakes.

Like I said, no idea how they keep winning. I keep betting against them and I keep losing :wall:

I'm teasing Cincy, GB, and Wash. I might play the Bengals ML. Not touching the other game. Seems like Baltimore is my gambling kryptonite. When I'm high on them and bet them, they lose. When I fade them, they look like the '88 49ers. My early feeling on the game is that Baltimore wins and covers. I'm in agreement with Tobias. Indy has been really fortunate this year.

I thought I liked all the dogs in the WC round (except maybe Washington), but now you guys are already talking me out of at least two of them. We know not all of the high seeds will win. And there is also likely to be one blowout. The question is who? I could make an argument for GB, Bal, and Hou all waking up and rolling, but I don't think both Baltimore and Houston will win.

I thought I liked all the dogs in the WC round (except maybe Washington), but now you guys are already talking me out of at least two of them. We know not all of the high seeds will win. And there is also likely to be one blowout. The question is who? I could make an argument for GB, Bal, and Hou all waking up and rolling, but I don't think both Baltimore and Houston will win.
What types of numbers are you getting if you just parlay Bal./Cin. and Hou/Ind?

I'm teasing Cincy, GB, and Wash. I might play the Bengals ML. Not touching the other game. Seems like Baltimore is my gambling kryptonite. When I'm high on them and bet them, they lose. When I fade them, they look like the '88 49ers. My early feeling on the game is that Baltimore wins and covers. I'm in agreement with Tobias. Indy has been really fortunate this year.
'89. :wink:

Ticket#:8273769

Dec 31 02:05 PM

INTERNET / -1 Dec 27 11:05 PM

CFB

STRAIGHT BET

[241] GEORGIA TECH +10-120 (B+½)

600 / 500

Ticket#:8279743

Dec 31 02:05 PM

INTERNET / -1 Dec 28 06:49 PM

CFB