What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Official Horror Movie Thread (1 Viewer)

I finally watched The Blair Witch Project (Plex free), only 25 years too late.

I know it was trailblazing, but there just wasn’t really anything there. Not that scary, all characters were irritating. I really like Cloverfield, so I’m glad this was made.
1999, you had to be there. The marketing around it was phenomenal. One of the best theater experiences in my life on opening night, just finished HS and went with a smoking hot blonde from my class, which might be contributing to my bias and I will not apologize for that.
Saw it in the theater as well when it was released. Definitely a "you had to be there" experience. Loved it.
I think I've told this story in here before, but I'll tell it again. I saw TBWP on opening night (at the Chinese Theater?) with some friends in Los Angeles. As has previously been said, the hype was off the charts. There was all of this excited, nervous energy throughout the theater. Then the lights began to go dark, everyone was shushing each other, and then you could have heard a pin drop.

At that moment, down towards the front row, someone lets rip the loudest and most perfectly-timed fart of all time. Everyone in the theater busts up laughing for a solid minute or so. It was glorious.

Recently got Shudder after not having it for a few years.

Infested - I imagine that the studio pitch was Arachnophobia in an old, French apartment block. This one didn’t go for feel-good humor. Was dark and creepy. If you are scared of spiders this one might be too much for you. 7/10

Satanic Hispanics - anthology movie, most fun short was pure comedy. 500 year old vampire enjoying a night of killing on Halloween. Some fun stuff but as is typical with anthologies, not all of the segments are strong. 6/10

Late Night with the Devil - 70s talk show host, in a bid for ratings during sweeps week tries a paranormal night of entertainment with a cold reader, a skeptic, and a parapsychologist accompanied by a young girl that is reported to be possessed. They nailed the feel of the time and the ending was perfect. 7.5/10

Night of the Creeps (Pluto free): 1986, IMDB 6.7. This was a combo slow zombie / college nerd/frat movie. Lots of nods to earlier horror movies, decent buddy banter, an intentionally over the top noir cop. The zombies were pretty boring - they just wanted to hug people to transmit zombie slugs, not kill people. There's a weird axe murderer thrown in for no reason. This was fine, which based on my recent experience with 80s horror is pretty high praise. I don't see a 6.7 rating in here anywhere, though.
I liked this as a kid no idea how it holds up

Recently got Shudder after not having it for a few years.

Infested - I imagine that the studio pitch was Arachnophobia in an old, French apartment block. This one didn’t go for feel-good humor. Was dark and creepy. If you are scared of spiders this one might be too much for you. 7/10

Satanic Hispanics - anthology movie, most fun short was pure comedy. 500 year old vampire enjoying a night of killing on Halloween. Some fun stuff but as is typical with anthologies, not all of the segments are strong. 6/10

Late Night with the Devil - 70s talk show host, in a bid for ratings during sweeps week tries a paranormal night of entertainment with a cold reader, a skeptic, and a parapsychologist accompanied by a young girl that is reported to be possessed. They nailed the feel of the time and the ending was perfect. 7.5/10
Late Night with the Devil is the best horror movie I’ve seen in a long time.

Have been burning through movies on AMC+.
Undead - cheap Australian zombie/alien movie from 2003. I found it to be a lot of fun. Very low budget. 6/10

Moloch - I think it is a Danish movie, but there was a lot of English spoken. Someone finds a well preserved woman from 100s of years ago buried in a peat bog. Then **** gets weird. 7/10

Near Dark (Tubi/Roku): 1987, IMDB 6.9. A pack of vampires in Oklahoma. The vampires are jerks. This had part of the Aliens cast (Katherine Bigelow movie, she was married to James Cameron) with Bishop, Hudson, and Vasquez. I didn't really like this... the vampires were too mean and I never really care for the sexy vibe about biting the neck. There were a couple of good scenes with sunlight - vampires running through the sun and trailing smoke, some holes in a wall letting in laser beams of light to sear anyone it touched... but I didn't really like this overall.

Near Dark (Tubi/Roku): 1987, IMDB 6.9. A pack of vampires in Oklahoma. The vampires are jerks. This had part of the Aliens cast (Katherine Bigelow movie, she was married to James Cameron) with Bishop, Hudson, and Vasquez. I didn't really like this... the vampires were too mean and I never really care for the sexy vibe about biting the neck. There were a couple of good scenes with sunlight - vampires running through the sun and trailing smoke, some holes in a wall letting in laser beams of light to sear anyone it touched... but I didn't really like this overall.
I don't even know you anymore.

I don't even know you anymore.
80s horror, man... I missed most of them at the time, and many have only nostalgia going for them. True to form, the reason the guy got turnt is that he drove a girl halfway home, stopped the car, and told her he wouldn't go further until she gave him a kiss (I say girl because she mentions later than she got turned in high school, meaning she's stuck at 18 or younger). F that 80s guy, he deserved to be a vampire.

I am more with you on this one. I had watched it for the first time in the last couple years and thought it was a bit of a letdown. Stylish and original, but still didn't enjoy the ride that much.

Spookies - 1986.
This movie is what would happen if the employees at a Spirit Halloween decided to get drunk one weekend and make a movie using the store inventory. And the one guy in the group that is obviously in his 40s, also the store manager, decides they should just “wing it” since none of them are writers.

And for some reason I loved every second of it.

I am more with you on this one. I had watched it for the first time in the last couple years and thought it was a bit of a letdown. Stylish and original, but still didn't enjoy the ride that much.
Saw this one with the wife yesterday on Tubi. She had never seen it before and wasn't impressed

Saw this one with the wife yesterday on Tubi. She had never seen it before and wasn't impressed
There`s a fly on the ceiling

Signed up for AMC+ to watch Late Night with the Devil. Really enjoyed the first half. Not so much the second half.
Maybe I just didn't get it.

What else should I watch over the next 7 days?

Signed up for AMC+ to watch Late Night with the Devil. Really enjoyed the first half. Not so much the second half.

I really liked Infested and Moloch. Had fun with a bad movie called Spookies.

On my watch list from AMC+, sorted by IMDB rating:
A Tale of Two Sisters, Cemetery Man, The Long Walk, Zombie Flesh Eaters, Infested, Wyrmwood, Moloch, A Wounded Fawn, Undead

Does AMC+ come with Shudder for free still? It did when I signed up for it a couple of years ago.

Also, Tales of the Walking Dead is an anthology of about 6 short movies - 45 minutes each or so. Like everyone, I've been done with TWD for a long time, but I found 2 of these to be really good, 3 to be good, and one to be terrible. That's a great hit rate.

Does AMC+ come with Shudder for free still? It did when I signed up for it a couple of years ago.
It comes with access to all Shudder content.
Mandy, Hell House LLC, The House of the Devil, Resurrection (might not be horror) also on my list.

It comes with access to all Shudder content.
Mandy, Hell House LLC, The House of the Devil, Resurrection (might not be horror) also on my list.
I think all of the Hell House LLC movies are on Shudder. All are worth the watch.

Two more
The Tunnel - Australian found footage/documentary. The characters are a TV news crew so we rarely get shaky cam. Intercut with documentary style interviews. I liked it well enough. 6.5/10

The Cleansing Hour - Fake YouTube exorcist has a show where **** gets real. Regular multi camera movie. I was never bored. 6/10

Not really a horror movie per se, but we watched 77 Minutes It is a documentary on Prime about the 1984 shooting at McDonalds in California. I was in high school at this time and didn't really remember this event, but 40 people were shot and 21 of them died. This was a shocking doc in that they showed the actual crime scene videos. which included dead children--not blurred out. It was a tough watch, but what made it a terrible watch was the absolute POS person making the doc. It was made in 2016 and he spends the entire show blaming the cops and it is clear that was his agenda going in. An example was the first officer on scene had no idea what he walking into and was immediately pinned down by the gunman. who was absolutely loaded for bear with semi-automatic weapons. This was before officers had more tactical weapons and so all this guy had was a snub nose .38. The interviewer was really trying to hammer this officer why he didn't take a shot that was over 50 yards away and had to go through a thick plate glass window to even have a chance to hit the shooter. It really took an important event that had survivors wanting to tell their stories and turned it into a something you would see a 1st year college student trying to make with his inane attempt at gotcha questions. Still an interesting watch.

Spookies - 1986.
This movie is what would happen if the employees at a Spirit Halloween decided to get drunk one weekend and make a movie using the store inventory. And the one guy in the group that is obviously in his 40s, also the store manager, decides they should just “wing it” since none of them are writers.

And for some reason I loved every second of it.

I remember the name but nothing about it. Gonna have to watch and see if it triggers some memories

Undead (Tubi), 2003 Australian zombie movie, 5.3 IMDB rating. I made it 39 minutes before bailing. It looked like it was supposed to be getting by with comedy, but there weren’t any laughs.

Users who are viewing this thread