What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Movie Poll - 1992 Lists due 5/13 (1 Viewer)

Best scene of the year:  Unforgiven when Will Munny rolls up to the bar and extracts revenge (and then some). 

All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sum##### takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.

I shouldn't be surprised any more, but strange in this place that Romper Stomper didn't place... Seems like the kind of movie most guys would like
Unfortunately, I think it's one that I didn't get to watch.  

I am also not sure how many of the participants are watching some movies they haven't seen before the lists are submitted.  Could be off base, but there doesn't seem to be a ton of talk on the lines of "I tried X movie based on suggestions here", besides a core of 4-5 voters.   Or they are like me in that I am stubborn and the new move has to be pretty great to kick off movies that I have loved for years.  :shrug:

Unfortunately, I think it's one that I didn't get to watch.  

I am also not sure how many of the participants are watching some movies they haven't seen before the lists are submitted.  Could be off base, but there doesn't seem to be a ton of talk on the lines of "I tried X movie based on suggestions here", besides a core of 4-5 voters.   Or they are like me in that I am stubborn and the new move has to be pretty great to kick off movies that I have loved for years.  :shrug:
I'm not watching anything again it new, just basing my rankings off what I've already seen..which I think is what a lot are doing. That leads me to believe guys just didn't see romper

I'm not watching anything again it new, just basing my rankings off what I've already seen..which I think is what a lot are doing. That leads me to believe guys just didn't see romper
For sure, and I think that is a main reason that the countdowns are trending even more to the popular side which is driving some bonkers.  

For sure, and I think that is a main reason that the countdowns are trending even more to the popular side which is driving some bonkers.  
I don't mind seeing movies I thought were crap up there... and I know my tastes aren't universal- so don't mind not seeing my favorites not make the cut. but this was one that I figured would appeal to everybody (guy-wise) in the way Reservoir Dogs or American History X did, so figured it was going to be up there- looks like it was probably only ranked by me and one or maybe two others. also goes a long way in explaining Russel Crowe's popularity. 

Romper Stomper was on my watchlist, but I didn't get around to it.

I shouldn't be surprised any more, but strange in this place that Romper Stomper didn't place... Seems like the kind of movie most guys would like
I think the problem is that it wasn’t widely accessible.  It was on my to see list for years, before streaming services, and I could never find it. 

OK, Diggstown is coming tomorrow or the next day from Netflix (based on your recommendation).

I will watch by this weekend and report back. I usually like con type movies so I'm looking forward to it.
Why do I feel like this is a lot of pressure on me?

Why do I feel like this is a lot of pressure on me?
OK, I watched Diggstown.

Entertaining film. Bruce Dern as the slimy bad guy to root against. James Woods is good as always. Heather Graham looked really young. I noticed Jim Caveizel right away in a very small part. I didn't think it was up there with the all time great con movies, like The Sting, but I did enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread