What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FDuel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

All right.....here is the update if anyone was wondering. This is the $25 Thursday Bomb.

1. BostonBrawler 173.52

2. Me 166.46 + P. Dawson

And here are the people who can catch up:

37bergy 139.76 + F. Gore

Staffcock67 137.46 + A. Boldin

Skitmo2083 137.42 + V. Davis

Fingerrebels 134.56 + V. Davis

Showmeyourtdsplz 130.56 + F. Gore

Fubar2014 127.62 + F. Gore

Gib1313 127.2 + C. Kaepernick

Elk_ 125.98 + V. Davis

Mitchpage 120.7 + C. Kaepernick, A. Boldin, V. Davis

My06clipse 118.28 + F. Gore, V. Davis

Walkerrp2 117.76 + F. Gore, V. Davis

Sweeteddieg 114.22 + A. Boldin, V. Davis

Worried most about Mitchpage catching up to me....worst case I bring home $300 if everyone on the above list have the game of their lives, but I can't see them all doing it since they are on the same team.
Enjoy your 6k you got it in the bag. Merry Christmas

All right.....here is the update if anyone was wondering. This is the $25 Thursday Bomb.

1. BostonBrawler 173.52

2. Me 166.46 + P. Dawson

37bergy 139.76 + F. Gore

Elk_ 125.98 + V. Davis

Worried most about Mitchpage catching up to me....worst case I bring home $300 if everyone on the above list have the game of their lives, but I can't see them all doing it since they are on the same team.
Good luck.

What's the difference between 1st and 2nd?
1st = 6k

2nd = 4k

3rd = 2.5k

4th = 1.5k

5th = 1k

6th = 750

7th = 600

8th-9th = 500

10th-11th = 400

12th-14th = 300

It's going to be close. I'm rooting for SF to be average tonight.

1. BostonBrawler 173.52

2. Me 166.46 + P. Dawson

37bergy 139.76 + F. Gore

Elk_ 125.98 + V. Davis

Good luck.

What's the difference between 1st and 2nd?
1st = 6k

2nd = 4k

3rd = 2.5k

4th = 1.5k

5th = 1k

6th = 750

7th = 600

8th-9th = 500

10th-11th = 400

12th-14th = 300

It's going to be close. I'm rooting for SF to be average tonight.
I like your chances at a HUGE score. Congrats. That is awesome. I will be rooting for you. My decision to "undiversify" my lineups to Case Keenum only looks like it will be a very valuable lesson. It's a given I had a losing week. How bad remains to be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had some real trouble with WRs this week - my main guys were VJackson, AJohnson, and Decker. Of course I also had some Gordon (but not enough!) and some Bowe.

Still have a lot of Kaep, Boldin, and Gore to go tonight, but it's looking like the bad WR calls won't kill me.

I also had a combo of Feely and the Ravens in 1 lineup... combined for over 30 points! I don't think I spend enough time parsing out kickers. I tried to do so, and ended up splitting money between Akers, Feely, Succop, Prater, Crosby, and Hartley from Thursday. IF ONLY I HAD GONE WITH FEELY EVERYWHERE!

Montee Ball is $4500 this coming week. If Moreno is out or limited, Ball will be a very popular pick.

I also really like the Buffalo defense at home against Atlanta. Buffalo is coming off a bye and has a good pass rush. Atlanta's o-line stinks and it'll be cold in Buffalo for the dome team.

1. BostonBrawler 173.52

2. Me 166.46 + P. Dawson

37bergy 139.76 + F. Gore

Elk_ 125.98 + V. Davis

Awesome week and Congrats. You are sure to stay in the top 3. Dawson should have a couple of FGs in him tonight. Should be a fun one for you to watch.

Montee Ball is $4500 this coming week. If Moreno is out or limited, Ball will be a very popular pick.

I also really like the Buffalo defense at home against Atlanta. Buffalo is coming off a bye and has a good pass rush. Atlanta's o-line stinks and it'll be cold in Buffalo for the dome team.
Plus the Falcons have pretty much called it a season. I like the call

QB

Case Keenum
HOU v JAC
RBZac Stacy
STL v CHI
RBJamaal Charles
KC v SD
WRDez Bryant
DAL @ NYG
WRVincent Jackson
TB @ DET
WRDwayne Bowe
KC v SD
TECoby Fleener
IND @ ARI
KMason Crosby
GB v MIN
DBaltimore Ravens
BAL v NYJ
124 with Keenum benched and Stacy concussed. Cashed in every 50/50 and tourney I entered (dust not yet settled obv)

Week 13 looking great for the expert level cap. Several value plays(pending injuries) making it easy to get under the cap

eoMMan said:

Only thing to bear in mind with the Buffalo/Atlanta game is that it will be played in Toronto, which will be a dome game.

I've been messing around with ways to "stack" entries, such that you can grind out decent returns, but still be in good position for bigger gains if you hit on a high scoring lineup:

-2 x $5 50/50 (laying the foundation)

-2 x $5 Double Ups (the main part - has the highest ROI from Dodd's data so far)

-$5 Triple up (in case your lineup is pretty good)

-$5 Quintuple up (in case your lineup is very good)

-$8 spread around among multiple $1 and $2 H2Hs and 3- and 5-player leagues (to provide a little juice to your ROI if you have something decent, but really designed to cover the cost of the tourney entry)

-$2 or $5 tourney entry in case you really hit it.

$40 total bet on a single lineup. The dollar amount can be adjusted up for your budget (i.e. 2 x $25 50/50s, etc.), but this is the lowest denomination because of the min $5 entry for Doubles, Triples, etc.

So here are some different outcome scenarios:

(1) A 55th percentile entry - will cash in the 50/50s, and a few H2Hs and 3/5PLs, but will not cash in the double, triple, quintuple. So, will win something like 2 x $9 from the 50/50s, plus an extra 3-4 of the smaller H2Hs and maybe a 3PL. All in all, a wager of $40 and winnings of just $20-25. Still, it salvages some cash from when you play an ERIC DECKER or the like.

(2) a 65th percentile entry - will cash the 50/50s and the Doubles, but not the triple, quintuple, or tourneys, plus will win a few more H2Hs and 3PLs, so will win 2 x $9 + 2 x $10, plus 4-5 of the smaller entries. A wager of $40 that nets about $40-$50.

(3) A 91st percentile entry. For when you can JUST hit the cash in a small $1-$5 tourney. This means that you hit most everything "below" - the 50/50, the Doubles, Triple and Quintuple. So winnings of 2 x $9, 2 x $10, $15, $25, most of the H2Hs and 3PLs, and 3x win on the tourney. All in all, a $40 wager that probably pulls in close to $100.

Of course, this ignores the idea that tourneys and 50/50s should have different lineups with different goals in mind, but I like the idea of stacking because, so long as you don't really suck, it can help cover some loses (i.e. the multiple H2Hs funding the tourney entry, which most often will just be money tossed away), but allowing some much bigger ROIs when you hit. Plus, it's got some gradation, in that you might hit the triple, for example, but not the quintuple or the tourney.

I had money sitting in there from last year I never played with so saw you guys talking about it a few weeks and go and figured I'd give it a shot. Put all the money in play my first week (last week) and doubled it to around $50. Did the same thing and put it all in play but should have paid more attention to what I entered:

Contest [SIZE=medium]Cap[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Score[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Opponent[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Entry Fee[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Winnings[/SIZE]

NFL 50/50 League [SIZE=medium]$55k[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]123.58 (4 of 20)[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]20 player league[/SIZE] $[SIZE=medium]25[/SIZE] $[SIZE=medium]45[/SIZE]

NFL Salary Cap 60k Sun Nov 24th [SIZE=medium]$60k[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]165.08 (1 of 5)[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]5 player league[/SIZE] $[SIZE=medium]10[/SIZE] $[SIZE=medium]45[/SIZE]

NFL Head-to-head [SIZE=medium]$60k[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]165.08-89.9[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]vs maxdalury[/SIZE] $[SIZE=medium]10[/SIZE] $[SIZE=medium]18[/SIZE]

$2 Satellite to NBA Super Slam (15 seats) [SIZE=medium]$60k[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]165.08 (1 of 209)[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Tournament[/SIZE] $[SIZE=medium]2[/SIZE]

$10 NFL King of the Gridiron Satellite (150 seats) [SIZE=medium]$60k[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]165.08 (1 of 2393)[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Tournament[/SIZE] $[SIZE=medium]10[/SIZE]

I'm first out of 2393 people in a $10 entry tournament but the most I can win is a $200 entry to King of the Gridiron... ooops.

And I'm also first out of 209 in something that wins me an entry to an NBA contest? Need to pay closer attention next time.

Anyone doing any Mon-Thurs contests?
Putting some in now. First pass:

• QB Ben Roethlisberger$7,900PIT@BAL✗
  • RB Frank Gore$6,800SF@WAS✗
  • RB Rashad Jennings$6,700OAK@DAL✗
  • WR Nate Burleson$5,100GB@DET✗
  • WR Calvin Johnson$10,100GB@DET✗
  • WR Emmanuel Sanders$5,800PIT@BAL✗
  • TE Jason Witten$6,900OAK@DAL✗
  • K Mason Crosby$5,100GB@DET✗
  • D Pittsburgh Steelers$5,600PIT@BA

Here us what I am leaning towards:

QB
Colin Kaepernick
SF @ WAS
RB
Frank Gore
SF @ WAS
RB
Eddie Lacy
GB @ DET
WR
Nate Burleson
DET v GB
WR
Antonio Brown
PIT @ BAL
WR
Pierre Garcon
WAS v SF
TE
Vernon Davis
SF @ WAS
K
David Akers
DET v GB
D
San Francisco 49ers
SF @ WAS

Thinking of stacking Dalton with Marvyn Jones against a terrible chargers defense in tournaments although I don't know if I trust jones. Thoughts?

eoMMan said:

no concern about the fumbling?

Thinking of stacking Dalton with Marvyn Jones against a terrible chargers defense in tournaments although I don't know if I trust jones. Thoughts?
Who knows.... I've been playing tournaments all year. If you don't hit that skilled player that goes for 40 points you have no chance to win. Could it be Jones? Sure he's already done it once but IMO it's just dumb luck. Go with your gut. If it tells you Jones and Andy do it because if you don't and they go off you will be highly upset.

With SD, it seems that the WR1 tends to have the big game with d.thomas, desean Jackson, dez Bryant, and garçon having big games while the Wr2's had very quiet games. Might have to pair green with him instead

There must have been a stat correction on D. Bryant.....looks like I lost a couple points over the night. Down 5 for the big money. Go Dawson......but at the same time, slow down Kaep, Boldin, and Davis. hahahaha

There must have been a stat correction on D. Bryant.....looks like I lost a couple points over the night. Down 5 for the big money. Go Dawson......but at the same time, slow down Kaep, Boldin, and Davis. hahahaha
Top 3 finish is looking good right now though..... :suds:
First place is now long gone.....got caught from behind. Still need 3 from the kicker to climb back into second place.

First place is now long gone.....got caught from behind. Still need 3 from the kicker to climb back into second place.
Cheering for you. I need 1.8 from Vernon to win $100. Damn K/D :cry:

:thumbup:

Climbed back into second....looks like that is where I will finish.....wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Thank you everyone for your support :) And sorry for so many posts about it.

Climbed back into second....looks like that is where I will finish.....wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Nice job!!!

As for me it was a bad week but Kaepernick and Boldin saved me some this week. We bet out 295 and got back 160. Got it all back tonight thanks to those 2.

Looking at Week 13 for Sunday Bomb, thinking about this line-up

QB - Josh McCown vs Vikings

RB - Peterson vs Bears (this is too good of a play to pass up)

RB - Spiller vs Falcons (Falcons calling it a season and bye week should help him. Price is great too)

WR - Marshall vs Vikings

WR - AJ Green vs Chargers (WR 1's burn the chargers)

WR - Justin Hunter vs Colts (Colts secondary is bad and he looked good vs the Raiders)

TE - Bennett vs Vikings (Hoping for repeated magic against the Vikes)

K - Walsh vs Bears (I hate picking kickers but the Bears can't stop the run and he's playing at home)

D - Patriots vs Houston (Houston be looking mighty sad these days)

Thoughts on this line-up?

Man... had the combo of Keenum/A. Johnson/VJax in about $700 worth of lineups. Thought it'd kill. Switched out Tucker with Akers in all of them too as it was quite windy here in DC, woohoo!
Christ, I came up almost $600 still for the week. Let's keep this rolling.

I diversified my lineups, and lost. My first lineup that I signed up for a bunch of tournies would have cashed in every contest but then I messed with it and diversified. Cost me roughly $140. But hey, I won $4. Yeah!

I diversified my lineups, and lost. My first lineup that I signed up for a bunch of tournies would have cashed in every contest but then I messed with it and diversified. Cost me roughly $140. But hey, I won $4. Yeah!
That's generally the point of diversification. You're replacing a high-variance strategy (single lineup) with a lower-variance strategy (multiple lineups). By diversifying, you're less likely to have a big win, but you're also less likely to have a big loss. If you're trying to grind out a steady weekly profit, diversification makes sense. If you're playing for the thrill of a big score, then diversifying is probably a bad idea.

Actually ended up a positive week on Fanduel, up 22%. Pretty happy with that because it wasn't looking great. Sun/Mon/Thu and Mon/Thu action is looking pretty good right now, but alot of football is left on turkey day.

Cashed that less than full $5 50/50 on Fantasy Feud that I mentioned previously. I'm going to be watching these in the coming weeks and entering at the last minute if I see an advantage. Not a fan of other people having 5 entries of the same lineup, but that will just have to come with the territory. If they miss on that lineup, it will actually be a huge benefit, and all these people won't strike gold.

Side note, took 1st place last night on a FanThrowdown NBA freeroll, looks like that won a bronze ticket $11 value. Love freerollin' when I have the time. Had some chances to cash in college football/hoops over the weekend but fell a bit short.

I finished up for the week too, up about 17%, despite some HUGE misses at WR (Decker, AJ, Vjax.)

Maybe the reason lots of people seem to be doing ok this week despite having some big misses was because those were very popular players. For example, AJ was in 57% of lineups in one double up I was in. So, didn't sting that much.

This week with the Thursday games, there's actually a chance to play two weeks in one. Wager on Thursday, profit, use that extra money to make more wagers on Sunday. I'm sure FanDuel loves getting extra rake as well.

Cashed that less than full $5 50/50 on Fantasy Feud that I mentioned previously. I'm going to be watching these in the coming weeks and entering at the last minute if I see an advantage. Not a fan of other people having 5 entries of the same lineup, but that will just have to come with the territory. If they miss on that lineup, it will actually be a huge benefit, and all these people won't strike gold.
What is this?

16 wins v. 9 losses. Posied to do pretty well in my remaining Primetimes. Diversification and using Dodds projections getting it done again.

What is this?
Just another daily site, nowhere near the traffic at FD. http://www.fantasyfeud.com

I won't deposit money at a bunch of sites, so I'll freeroll at the non-Fanduels. DraftKings and Fantasy Feud mostly....recently done a few weeks on Fan Throwdown and Star Fantasy Leagues. Have contest tickets or house money at all besides Star.

I have a $5 lineup in the Sun night to Thurs format that might be my worst result ever. Every guys who has gone thus far was a bust, except for the D.

Busts:

Gore, Decker, Welker, Fred Davis (tried to be sneaky, whoops!)

Okay return: SF D

Still to play: Romo, Lacy, Dez, Akers

Points thus far: 23

Lol.

Looking at Week 13 for Sunday Bomb, thinking about this line-up

QB - Josh McCown vs Vikings

RB - Peterson vs Bears (this is too good of a play to pass up)

RB - Spiller vs Falcons (Falcons calling it a season and bye week should help him. Price is great too)

WR - Marshall vs Vikings

WR - AJ Green vs Chargers (WR 1's burn the chargers)

WR - Justin Hunter vs Colts (Colts secondary is bad and he looked good vs the Raiders)

TE - Bennett vs Vikings (Hoping for repeated magic against the Vikes)

K - Walsh vs Bears (I hate picking kickers but the Bears can't stop the run and he's playing at home)

D - Patriots vs Houston (Houston be looking mighty sad these days)

Thoughts on this line-up?
Not bad my first thoughts were like this.

McCown

Peterson

Gore

Marshall

Cruz

Wright

Cameron

Dawson

Carolina

They say Tate is starting again, and NE isn't great against the run. :X

QB Andy Dalton
CIN @ SD
RB Shane Vereen
NE @ HOU
RB Ben Tate
HOU v NE
WR A.J. Green
CIN @ SD
WR Josh Gordon
CLE v JAC
WR Larry Fitzgerald
ARI @ PHI
TE Martellus Bennett
CHI @ MIN
K Nick Novak
SD v CIN
D New England Patriots
NE @ HOU

Has anybody done any kind of post-game analysis to determine who performed the best based on salary?
This is what I'm looking for. I did this, myself, but what a PIA. Nobody has seen anything like this elsewhere?

ETA, click on the RB page at the bottom.

HairySasquatch said:

Congrats man! I'm searching for my 2nd big win this season. Your 2nd place finish has me fired up again! Seriously, congrats.

Has anybody done any kind of post-game analysis to determine who performed the best based on salary?
This is what I'm looking for. I did this, myself, but what a PIA. Nobody has seen anything like this elsewhere?

A few thoughts:

- It shouldn't really be a pain to put something like that together. Seems it would only take a couple of minutes, tops, using the stats from FBG.

- I think one of the guys at Fanduel writes an article each week on their blog looking back at the best values, etc.

- What's the point of doing this? What exactly would you be trying to learn from this?

A few thoughts:

- It shouldn't really be a pain to put something like that together. Seems it would only take a couple of minutes, tops, using the stats from FBG.

- I think one of the guys at Fanduel writes an article each week on their blog looking back at the best values, etc.

- What's the point of doing this? What exactly would you be trying to learn from this?
- Not a subscriber. Yeah, I know.

- I'll look for this.

- I like looking at past trends, just as much as projections. If a guy is out performing his salary on a consistent basis, it's going to stick out. Just another level of research that I have found lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread