What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Movie Club: We're Getting the Band Back Together: Metallica vs Nina Simone Movie Docs (3 Viewers)

I currently have

• Netflix

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Amazon Prime

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • HBO Max

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Hulu

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Disney+

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Criterion

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • TCM Chanel

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
PAGE 7 BUMP!!!

80s and I talked, and we are going to try to fire this back up.  The intent was to do another horror 1-2 punch, but we landed more on the creepy/thriller spectrum as we looked at options.   We have one old, one new.    Think cameras and think creepy mo-fos.  

After this, hopefully we can get the movie draft judged so the winner (or mostly likely 2nd place thanks to 80s ;)  ) will get to pick the November combo.  

Hopefully after a little hiatus we can get the juices flowing again for some movie discussions.  

PAGE 7 BUMP!!!

80s and I talked, and we are going to try to fire this back up.  The intent was to do another horror 1-2 punch, but we landed more on the creepy/thriller spectrum as we looked at options.   We have one old, one new.    Think cameras and think creepy mo-fos.  

After this, hopefully we can get the movie draft judged so the winner (or mostly likely 2nd place thanks to 80s ;)  ) will get to pick the November combo.  

Hopefully after a little hiatus we can get the juices flowing again for some movie discussions.  
Creep should be one of them. Messed up. 

We are back. 

October Movie Club Double Feature: Creeps with a Camera 

1960: Peeping Tom 

A young man murders women, using a movie camera to film their dying expressions of terror.

Streaming on Amazon Prime 

2014: Nightcrawler 

A con man desperate for work, muscles his way into the world of L.A. crime journalism and blurs the line between observer and participant. 

Streaming on Netflix 

due 11/2 

We are back. 

October Movie Club Double Feature: Creeps with a Camera 

1960: Peeping Tom 

A young man murders women, using a movie camera to film their dying expressions of terror.

Streaming on Amazon Prime 

2014: Nightcrawler 

A con man desperate for work, muscles his way into the world of L.A. crime journalism and blurs the line between observer and participant. 

Streaming on Netflix 

due 11/2 
I’ve never seen Peeping Tom, but watched Nightcrawler not that long ago for the first time. 

I’ve never seen Peeping Tom, but watched Nightcrawler not that long ago for the first time. 
This was what stood out as the first movie, and we were trying to pair that.   Came out the same year as Psycho, I believe, is well regarded, and go overshadowed by Psycho.   We thought it would be interesting for the club and one that people might not have seen.  

Withholding thoughts until we get to discussion time!  Hope to watch the other this weekend.  Are there any extra credit movies available this month?  :)  

So again I am asking if there are extra credit movies, because I want to be an overachiever and have two more weeks to go.  :lol:   Any other horror-ish recommendations for the month?

So again I am asking if there are extra credit movies, because I want to be an overachiever and have two more weeks to go.  :lol:   Any other horror-ish recommendations for the month?
I am always hesitant to recommend horror movies to people who don't watch a ton of horror movies.   Whoever said it was correct - Creep would fight right in with our theme.  It involves a camera and you guessed it from the title - a creep.  Pretty sure it's still on NF along with it's sequel.  

IF my notebook is correct, you have liked stuff that's more on the comedy side like Cabin in the Woods and Tucker and Dale?  If that's the case, another on that spectrum that I recommend a bit despite it's bad title is Behind the Mask:  The Rise of Leslie Vernon.  Looks like it's on Prime.   The movie is about a documentary crew as they follow around somebody training to be the next great slasher villain.  I guess it involves a creep and a camera too.  ;)     On the lines of Cabin in the Woods in that it pokes fun at the genre while being a good entry in the genre. 

Othewise, maybe remind us what you've seen and liked?

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as in general, it seems like from the other thread The VVitch, Hereditary, The Babadook, Get Out are at the top of a lot of lists for best in the genre in the last decade.

As far as in general, it seems like from the other thread The VVitch, Hereditary, The Babadook, Get Out are at the top of a lot of lists for best in the genre in the last decade.
I’ve seen (and liked) all of these except Hereditary.  Will add that and the others above.   Thanks!

krista4 said:
An hour ago I was looking at newly added movies to Prime and saw "The Descent" which I saw about 10 years ago and liked. It has a 7.2 IMDB rating so I wasn't the only one that thought it was good. I may watch it again.

An hour ago I was looking at newly added movies to Prime and saw "The Descent" which I saw about 10 years ago and liked. It has a 7.2 IMDB rating so I wasn't the only one that thought it was good. I may watch it again.
Ooooh, I actually saw this one and liked it a whole lot, too!  Maybe I've seen more horror than I thought.  Last October I did a whole bunch of watching based on a list that ex-FFA'er (or at least I don't think he posts here anymore) SmoovySmoov had posted on Facebook.

Ooooh, I actually saw this one and liked it a whole lot, too!  Maybe I've seen more horror than I thought.  Last October I did a whole bunch of watching based on a list that ex-FFA'er (or at least I don't think he posts here anymore) SmoovySmoov had posted on Facebook.
The Descent is a Top 10 horror flick for me. I've been trying to get my wife to watch it with me for years but she wont.

@krista4  do I assume correctly that you haven't seen Midsommar?  

You liked The VVitch - did you try The Lighthouse?
I have seen The Lighthouse but not Midsommar.  For some reason I've pulled that one up to watch a few times and never pulled the trigger.  Will watch!

Hi @krista4, have you seen Ghost Story with John Houseman and Fred Astaire (Ken Olin too if you know who that is)? It’s one of my favorites.
Awesome.  Added to the list.  Thanks!

I have seen The Lighthouse but not Midsommar.  For some reason I've pulled that one up to watch a few times and never pulled the trigger.  Will watch!

Awesome.  Added to the list.  Thanks!
I didn't like Midsommar much, but others really do.  Where I was going with that is that if you had seen it, the first 20mins or so of Midsommar is what you are on deck for the entire run time of Hereditary.   Very interested to hear your thoughts, and I am talking myself into a rewatch.. 

ETA:  in case it's not clear it's the same director for Hereditary and Midsommar.  

krista4 said:
I’ve seen (and liked) all of these except Hereditary.  Will add that and the others above.   Thanks!
Hereditary is the best one on that list. I will never understand how Get Out has made it on to these lists. It's really not that good.

Users who are viewing this thread