What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG 2014 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

Ok so I caved...Final one! From the 9 hole:

QB- Luck (7), Palmer (13)

RB - Lacy (1), Ellington (2), Spiller (3), Robinson (10), Hillman (14), Michael (15)

WR - Andre J (4), Crabtree (5), Edelman (6), Cooper (11), Latimer (12), Marv Jones (17)

TE - Miller (8), Gates (9), Amaro (16)

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

This is 1 of my best I think, although I would love to hear some opinions. Pretty deep everywhere. Thought those backend RB's were great value, a bit light in the TE dept but it will do I suppose...

Lets hear it!
Overall I like it, think you got good value at WR and TE in the mid rounds which is critical with an RB/RB/RB start - those guys you took won't probably be super studs but I think they are all high floor guys who should give you consistent good results. I'm not as high on your last three RBs as you are but if one of them hits you are in great shape. I think Luck in the late 7th was also good value, I drafted one last night and took D. Brees at 4.08 and immediately regretted it :) Nice draft!
Penny we were in the same draft. In fact we play each other week 1 in this league haha. Thought u had a really solid draft. U were sniping a couple of my guys. Sanders in the 5th most notably. Really was hoping he'd make it to me. Also I'd go the other way on Brees. Gettin him that late is one of the better values Ive seen on Brees.

As for my team above, definitely hit on some value with Luck and those WR's. the TE's flew, don't love Miller/Gates but the draft forced my hand there. I think me, you and team in the 2nd spot killed it. Oh and Charles falling to you at 5 was nuts.

RB - Lacy (1), Ellington (2), Spiller (3), Robinson (10), Hillman (14), Michael (15)

WR - Andre J (4), Crabtree (5), Edelman (6), Cooper (11), Latimer (12), Marv Jones (17)

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

This is 1 of my best I think, although I would love to hear some opinions. Pretty deep everywhere. Thought those backend RB's were great value, a bit light in the TE dept but it will do I suppose...

Lets hear it!
Solid team but I think this team will have a better chance at the getting into the league playoffs based on record rather than total points because of the expected TD totals of your WR's. I see a team that will be a consistent scorer each week but not many big one's.

Not crazy about Spiller in the 3rd round. Guy is explosive but will lose a lot of carries to Fred Jackson and most importantly the goal line work.

Last edited by a moderator:

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

Lets hear it!
Overall I like it, think you got good value at WR and TE in the mid rounds which is critical with an RB/RB/RB start - those guys you took won't probably be super studs but I think they are all high floor guys who should give you consistent good results. I'm not as high on your last three RBs as you are but if one of them hits you are in great shape. I think Luck in the late 7th was also good value, I drafted one last night and took D. Brees at 4.08 and immediately regretted it :) Nice draft!
Penny we were in the same draft. In fact we play each other week 1 in this league haha. Thought u had a really solid draft. U were sniping a couple of my guys. Sanders in the 5th most notably. Really was hoping he'd make it to me. Also I'd go the other way on Brees. Gettin him that late is one of the better values Ive seen on Brees.

As for my team above, definitely hit on some value with Luck and those WR's. the TE's flew, don't love Miller/Gates but the draft forced my hand there. I think me, you and team in the 2nd spot killed it. Oh and Charles falling to you at 5 was nuts.
LOL, should definitely have picked up on that since I've been reading this forum! Good luck, hope to see you in the finals!

ETA: Was it just me or were RBs just flying off the board last night? My team has very little RB depth after my first two. IIRC, Gore went in the 4th, J. Hill in the 6th and Moreno/Miller went back to back in the 7th. My money's on Moreno for that one, was debating taking him that round but thought he might last to round eight.

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

Lets hear it!

LOL, should definitely have picked up on that since I've been reading this forum! Good luck, hope to see you in the finals!

ETA: Was it just me or were RBs just flying off the board last night? My team has very little RB depth after my first two. IIRC, Gore went in the 4th, J. Hill in the 6th and Moreno/Miller went back to back in the 7th. My money's on Moreno for that one, was debating taking him that round but thought he might last to round eight.
Yep the RB's were flying. 18 were taken in the 1st 3 rds...that seems pretty high to me. Also why I was happy taking Spiller there. He was the last of the high upside rb's as opposed to the Stacys/Alf's/Gerharts of the world. I'm higher on Spiller then most here it seems. I think he's at worst a RB2 but at best what we saw in 2012. To me he's a safe pick in rd 3 with top 10 upside. And the Orton signing makes me feel even more comfortable. The leash is super short on Manuel and the sooner he's gone, the better it is for that whole offense...

And I almost fell over seeing Hill go in rd 6. I would agree, you are thin at rb after Bell. Freeman I like but he's still listed as #4 on the depth chart. He'll be involved, but not sure how long it will take. I would look to add a back on the wire sooner then later...

Last FBG draft, so bittersweet - from 4

Romo/Ben

Forte/Vereen/Sproles/Hill/Dunbar/Dexter/Bryce

Brown/Crabtree/Hilton/Hunter/Mathews/Stills/Sanu

Olsen/Amaro

Bryant

Broncos

Here's my three teams:

Pat's Pirates I

QB- Jay Cutler

RB- Doug Martin

RB- Ben Tate

TE- Julius Thomas

WR- Demaryius Thomas

WR- Keenan Allen

FL- Kendall Wright

FL- Torrey Smith

K- Greg Zuerlin

D- Carolina Panthers

QB- Philip Rivers

RB- Steven Jackson

RB- Ronnie Hillman

RB- Stepfan Taylor

RB- Bobby Rainey

TE- Antonio Gates

TE- Levine Toilolo

WR- Jeremy Maclin

WR- Aaron Dobson

D- Denver Broncos

Pat's Pirates II

QB- Cam Newton

RB- Matt Forte

RB- Bernard Pierce

TE- Jordan Cameron

WR- Jordy Nelson

WR- Larry Fitzgerald

FL- Vernon Davis

FL- T.Y. Hilton

K- Matt Prater (chewing a zero week 1)

D- Carolina Panthers

QB- Philip Rivers

RB- Bishop Sankey

RB- Ronnie Hillman

RB- Shonn Greene

TE- Garrett Graham

TE- Brandon Bostick

WR- Josh Gordon (thought the risk was worth the reward at the time)

WR- Kenny Britt

WR- Lance Moore

D- San Francisco 49ers

Pat's Pirates III

QB- Jay Cutler

RB- Doug Martin

RB- Pierre Thomas

TE- Vernon Davis

WR- Brandon Marshall

WR- A.J. Green

FL- Emmanuel Sanders

FL- Steven Jackson

K- Greg Zuerlin

D- New York Jets

QB- Colin Kaepernick

RB- Devonta Freeman

RB- Ronnie Hillman
RB- C.J. Anderson

RB- Bobby Rainey

TE- Garrett Graham

TE- Levine Toilolo

WR- Josh Gordon (yep, did it twice)

WR- Kenny Britt

WR- Andre Caldwell

Anyone care to grade these 1-12? 1 being most likely to finish first in league, 12 being most likely to finish last.

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

Lets hear it!
Solid team but I think this team will have a better chance at the getting into the league playoffs based on record rather than total points because of the expected TD totals of your WR's. I see a team that will be a consistent scorer each week but not many big one's.

Not crazy about Spiller in the 3rd round. Guy is explosive but will lose a lot of carries to Fred Jackson and most importantly the goal line work.
Bills ran more than any team in football last year. Spiller had the same amount of carries last year (injured) as he did when he finished top 10 the year before. My concern is health.... not lost carries. Spiller is a threat to score all over the field. GL work doesn't worry me. Some of your statement is not reality.

Here's one from the 10 hole,don't like drafting that far back,opinions welcome:

QB- A.Luck...A.Dalton

RB- J.Bell...R.Rice...R.Matthews...F.Jackson...M.Tolbert...CJ Anderson

WR- A.J. Green...B.Marshall...R.Streater...Malcom Floyd...M.Austin...L.Moore

TE- M.Bennett...T.Kelce...D.Allen...J.Carlson

PK-A.Vinatieri

DEF-Cinn.

Here's one from the 10 hole,don't like drafting that far back,opinions welcome:

QB- A.Luck...A.Dalton

RB- J.Bell...R.Rice...R.Matthews...F.Jackson...M.Tolbert...CJ Anderson

WR- A.J. Green...B.Marshall...R.Streater...Malcom Floyd...M.Austin...L.Moore

TE- M.Bennett...T.Kelce...D.Allen...J.Carlson

PK-A.Vinatieri

DEF-Cinn.
Hmm. Seems like after u went AJ/Marshall, you forgot about the WR position. How many rds did you wait until drafting Streater??

I'm curious where u took some of these guys, to me it appears you reached quite a bit on most of those picks...

Bell/Rice in the 3/4 elbow?

Not a fan to be quite honest, after those top 2 WR's and Luck, there really isn't too much to get excited over. You're going to be flexing F-Jax/Kelce it appears....? For 2 weeks at least...Oy

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

Lets hear it!

Bills ran more than any team in football last year. Spiller had the same amount of carries last year (injured) as he did when he finished top 10 the year before. My concern is health.... not lost carries. Spiller is a threat to score all over the field. GL work doesn't worry me. Some of your statement is not reality.
My thoughts exactly. He doesn't need the volume/GL carries, he needs to be healthy. When he is, he produces. He was banged up all year last season and still managed 4.6 ypc. I'm more concerned with that scrub EJ Manuel being at the helm then I am with F-Jax.

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

Lets hear it!

My thoughts exactly. He doesn't need the volume/GL carries, he needs to be healthy. When he is, he produces. He was banged up all year last season and still managed 4.6 ypc. I'm more concerned with that scrub EJ Manuel being at the helm then I am with F-Jax.
Doesn't seem like it'll be too long before Orton takes over....not that Orton is a world-beater by any stretch but her at least would lend legitimacy to the passing game which should, theoretically, open up the running game

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

Lets hear it!

Guess we'll see about those TD totals this year. If he's close to the 8 total he had in 2012 then you'll be right. Don't see him getting that many without GL carries though.

Explosive? Sure. He'll give you a coue weeks where he'll have 130 yards on 15 touches. He'll also throw in a few single digit carries.

Not sure how much this staff likes him. There were rumors of him being available in trade this spring and where there's smoke there's sometimes fire. Add in his underwhelming preseason stats of 73 yards on 21 carries and I don't see him as much of a sure things as you guys.

But, that's ok. I could be wrong.

Here's how my 8 :mellow: team league draft went:

QB: Foles (8), Cutler (12)

RB: Charles (1), Stacy (3), Ball (6), Jennings (9), J.Bell (13)

WR: Julio (4), Cobb (5), Cruz (7), Torrey (10), Sanders (11), Cooper (14), Wallace (15), Gordon (18)

TE: Graham (2)

D/ST: Saints (16)

K: Folk (17)

Started up this league with some friends. Pretty happy though i'm slightly concerned with what I've heard about Stacy, Ball, and Jennings.

just did this draft and was really happy with how it came out. is my enthusiasm justified?

from the 2 slot

2. charles

23. gronk

26. julius (cobb, jordy, jeffery, martin, vereen, antonio brown, ellington, lynch were gone. foster, leveon, bush, keenan were there)

47. harvin

50. sanders (cj, mathews, gore, gerhart, pierre, morris were there but none came back)

71. torrey smith (over fjax?)

74. mjd (over fjax?)

95. sjax

98. kelce (oops)

119. romo

122. ridley (for real wtf!)

143. rg3 (for real real wtf!)

146. latimer

167. garrett graham (wtf!)

170. boykin

191. pitt (vs cle)

194. donald brown (cupboard was bare bare bare)

205. mcmanus (denver kicker)

208. kearse

229. latavius murray

Rodgers, Dalton

Morris, Woodhead, Richardson, Hill, Archer

Calvin, Patterson, Evans, Nicks, Mike Williams

Rudolph, Fleener, Escobar, Wrigth

Bryant

Bengals

Went back for one more, and I think I am glad I did.

From the 3 Spot:

Foles(8)/RGIII(14)

McCoy(1)/Foster(3)/Ridley(10)/K. Robinson(13)/Grimes(15)/D. Brown(16)/Turbin(20)

Nelson(2)/Fitz(4)/Harvin(5)/Torrey(7)/Hunter(11)/Jennings(12)/Dobson(17)

Rudolph(6)/Bennett(9)

Jets(18)

McManus(19)

Dez fell to something ridiculous in this draft, like 2.7, really sad I didn't have 1.6 or 1.7 :) .

From the 1 spot:

QB: Luck (6) / Dalton (12)

RB: Charles (1) / Lynch (2) / Gerhart (4) / Greene (14) / Todman (19)

WR: Jeffery (3) / Fitzgerald (5) / Benjamin (8) / Watkins (9) / Jennings (13) / Austin (17)

TE: Ertz (6) / Gates (10) / Green (11) / Fleener (16) / Amaro (18)

PK: Parkey (20)

DEF: STL (15)

Going back-to-back at the end of the rounds was pretty nice. In this draft, WR and TE went extremely fast, so there was a lot of value in RB and we had a hard time passing on Gerhart in the 4th round, so we wanted another WR and grabbed Fitzgerald (best available) as we felt that Pitta would fall back to us. In the next rd, Pitta went right in front of us, so we grabbed Ertz and Luck as we felt that was good value for Luck with rushing scores. After that, we figured we would swing for the fences. Benjamin/Watkins at the next turn for some high upside. Gates/Green at the turn thinking both guys have flex value, but if 1 begins to dominate, instant TE1.

Overall, not a flashy team, but we thought we had a solid contender. Just a bit nervouse that we went 3 RB in 1st three rounds, but hoping some of our swing for the fence guys pan out.

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

Lets hear it!

Guess we'll see about those TD totals this year. If he's close to the 8 total he had in 2012 then you'll be right. Don't see him getting that many without GL carries though.Explosive? Sure. He'll give you a coue weeks where he'll have 130 yards on 15 touches. He'll also throw in a few single digit carries.

Not sure how much this staff likes him. There were rumors of him being available in trade this spring and where there's smoke there's sometimes fire. Add in his underwhelming preseason stats of 73 yards on 21 carries and I don't see him as much of a sure things as you guys.

Spiller now slated to return kick offs. Not something that usually happens if the guy is going to be the bellcow at RB.

dak11 said:

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

Lets hear it!

Guess we'll see about those TD totals this year. If he's close to the 8 total he had in 2012 then you'll be right. Don't see him getting that many without GL carries though.Explosive? Sure. He'll give you a coue weeks where he'll have 130 yards on 15 touches. He'll also throw in a few single digit carries.

Spiller now slated to return kick offs. Not something that usually happens if the guy is going to be the bellcow at RB.
He isn't going to be the bellcow, never was. You still don't get it, but let me try again.

1) Bills ran more than any team in football last year

2) Spiller was injured and still had 200+ carries (jackson also had 200+ carries)

3) Healthy Spiller was RB 7, just 2 years ago w/ 200 carries.

You seem to be hung up on "bellcow" or "losing carries" versus looking at the underlying data. The underlying data says Spiller with 200 carries, and healthy, can be and has been a top 10 RB. Don't get hung up on "titles" would be my suggestion to you. Spiller is a great RB2/RB3 this year because he has an RB1 ceiling with an RB2 floor.

Last one of the year....kinda sad. But tonight the fun begins!

QB - Stafford, Geno

RB - Ellington, Tate, Sjax, Moreno, Devonta, Khiry

WR - Calvin, Keenan, Decker, Austin, Hawkins, James Jones, Quick

TE - Clay, Green, Rodgers

K - Freese

Def - GB

Drafted from the 7 spot.

QB - Rodgers (3)

RB - Jennings (4),Ridley(8),SJAX(9),Bradshaw(10),Jaquizz(12)

WR - Jeffery (2), Crabtree (5), Wayne (6), Hunter (7), Boykin (13), Baldwin (14), Cotchery (17)

TE - Graham (1), Wright (11), Cook (20)

K - Novak (19), Prater (18)

DEF - PITT (16 - just for week 1), NE (15)

I would consider RB to be my weakness by far. I wanted to be stronger at WR, but I like what I got there. I'm on the Hunter train this year. I think Tennesee will be very improved and he will be a bust out. I think Jennings is way underrated this year, but past that I have some scrub veteran RBs and will need to add depth there, as well as really trying to hit the waiver wire home run. My team is not as good as I was hoping for, but I also like it quite a bit more than the other rosters in my league. What do you think?

My last two drafts from last night and today. I like how both turned out, even with the RB situation for team 2.

#11 pick:

QB: RG3(12), Locker

RB: Spiller (3), P.Thomas(6), Woodhead(7), L.Miller(9), T.West(13), K.Davis(15)

WR: Green(1), Julio(2), Harvin(5), Watkins(10), G.Jennings(14), K.Britt(16)

TE: Witten(4), M.Bennett(8), Eifert(12)

K: McManus, Gould

D: Texans

#4 pick:

QB: Brees(3), Tannehill

RB: J.Bell(4), F.Jackson(7), S.Jackson(8), McFadden(11), J.Stewart(12), T.Mason

WR: Brown(2), D.Jackson(5), K.Benjamin(9), R.Cooper(10), Baldwin(14)

TE: Graham(1), Ertz(6), Ebron(13)

K: Crosby, Novak

D: Chiefs, Texans

Drafted from the 7 spot.

QB - Rodgers (3)

WR - Jeffery (2), Crabtree (5), Wayne (6), Hunter (7), Boykin (13), Baldwin (14), Cotchery (17)

I would consider RB to be my weakness by far. I wanted to be stronger at WR, but I like what I got there. I'm on the Hunter train this year. I think Tennesee will be very improved and he will be a bust out. I think Jennings is way underrated this year, but past that I have some scrub veteran RBs and will need to add depth there, as well as really trying to hit the waiver wire home run. My team is not as good as I was hoping for, but I also like it quite a bit more than the other rosters in my league. What do you think?
I think you did ok at RB considering you went Graham/WR/QB. I had the same start in my 2nd team listed in the post above. What RBs could have been selected in rd 6 instead of Reggie Wayne?

TwinTurbo said:
Drafted from the 7 spot.

QB - Rodgers (3)

I think you did ok at RB considering you went Graham/WR/QB. I had the same start in my 2nd team listed in the post above. What RBs could have been selected in rd 6 instead of Reggie Wayne?
MJD,Tate, Woodhead,Miller,Moreno and FJAX. When I chose Crabtree in 5, I was sort of hoping to snag Pierre Thomas or Rice at 6 but they were gone.

Coots, how many teams do u have Ellington on, just curious. Sounds like we're awaiting some pretty bad news...

I am ecstatic I did not pick Ellington in any of my 9 FPC teams.....this is exactly what I feared. Not built to be a bell cow. Picking unproven players with the 2nd and 3rd round picks is a guaranteed recipe for disaster in the long run. You may get lucky some times but most of the times, it will end up like this.

I am ecstatic I did not pick Ellington in any of my 9 FPC teams.....this is exactly what I feared. Not built to be a bell cow. Picking unproven players with the 2nd and 3rd round picks is a guaranteed recipe for disaster in the long run. You may get lucky some times but most of the times, it will end up like this.
Not sure how this is even related to a non-contact foot injury but ok.

Plenty of rb's have had foot injuries, big and small.

Figured I would post my last two teams (four total):

From the 3 spot:

QB: R. Wilson (11), P. Rivers (13)

RB: J. Charles (1), L. Bell (3), C. Johnson (7), D. Freeman (9), K. Davis (12), B. Brown (18)

WR: R. Cobb (2), M. Floyd (4), C. Patterson (5), J. Matthews (10), D. Baldwin (14), M. Jones (19)

TE: J. Reed (6), M. Bennett (8), J. Gresham (20)

K: S. Gostkowski (17)

Def: Cin (15), Car (16)

Think this was my strongest draft but I would welcome other opinions.

From the 5 spot:

QB: D. Brees (4), R. Tannehill (13)

RB: J. Charles (1), L. Bell (3), D. Freeman (9), S. Greene (14), C.J. Anderson (17), J. White (19)

WR: E. Sanders (5), M. Wallace (6), R. Wayne (7), J. Maclin (8), A. Boldin (12), J. Cotchery (20)

TE: R. Gronkowski (2), D. Walker (10), T. Eifert (11)

K: A. Vinatieri (18)

Def: Car (15), SF (16)

I think that's the latest I have seen Brees go, but the earliest I had taken a QB in any of my other drafts was round seven and I usually like my teams better when I wait at QB. Strong at QB and TE (stay healthy Gronk!) and I think my starting RBs are strong as well but I don't have depth. My WRs are okay but probably a weakness relative to the other team's starters. Should be an interesting one to manage as I think I've got some work to do if I want to be competitive through the inevitable injuries.

If things break right with this team (aka Gordon and gronk play 16)could be pretty tough

Qb- romo

Rb- ball

Rb- Tate

Wr- dez

Wr- Gordon

Flex- Andre j

Flex - Patterson

Te- gronk

Sounds like multiple areas of disagreement still between NFL and NFLPA. Suspended players wont be playing this week.

Same here. The guy is like Tavon Austin small. That said, look at Lacy. It's a rough game.

My last one. This time I went completely against my regular plan and grabbed Gronk. Curious what you think..

QB- Kaep, McCown

RB- Gerhart, Pierre Thomas, SJax, Cunningham, Dunbar, Ivory, Riddick (clearly the weakest part of my team but I think I can 2 starters each week at least)

WR- Demaryius Thomas, Roddy White, Crabtree, Bowe, Latimer, Jennings

TE- Gronk, H Miller, Amaro

K- Bryant

D- Houston

Already having a tough time with a week 1 lineup as I have a bunch of flex candidates.

My last one. This time I went completely against my regular plan and grabbed Gronk. Curious what you think..

QB- Kaep, McCown

RB- Gerhart, Pierre Thomas, SJax, Cunningham, Dunbar, Ivory, Riddick (clearly the weakest part of my team but I think I can 2 starters each week at least)

K- Bryant

D- Houston

Already having a tough time with a week 1 lineup as I have a bunch of flex candidates.
A bit shaky overall. RB's are really weak. The 2nd flex will be weak also. If Gronk is Gronk, this team will be decent but there's not much upside on this roster.

Da Gildz said:

QB- Kaep, McCown

K- Bryant

D- Houston

A bit shaky overall. RB's are really weak. The 2nd flex will be weak also. If Gronk is Gronk, this team will be decent but there's not much upside on this roster.
team looks ok, very top heavy. but how is the 2nd flex weak? heath miller is the #2, bowe or jennings provide depth.

went 3-3 with 4 teams putting up over 150. team i liked best went 133 and lost by 4.

romo lol just lol, rg3 ummm ya er crap

charles ugh

sjax ugh

harvin nice

emmanuel ya sure nice

julius hells ya

gronk ok lookin promising

torrey ugh

mcmanus meh

steelers man, i cant believe someone took the texans from me.

ridley ugh

mjd super ugh

latavius lol

latimer eh

boykin umm

kelce mebbe

garrett graham eh

kearse meh

donald brown meh

so rb2, its problem. jamaal charles, its problem. torrey smith, ya its problem. oh well, too bad i wasted the tremendous run good of pairing julius and gronk with a top 2 pick. coulda gone calvin or graham or forte and created a monster. but nahhhh. felt pretty damn happy about torrey falling all the way to the end of 6th, but looks like he picked up right where he left off sucking last yr.

in other teams, fitz to the bench for a long time. benjamin must start, lol at benching him in 4 leagues, and for ben tate even, my gawd im an idiot. least i drafted him.

Drafted my 3nd Team This Year from the 5th Hole!! Starters are in bold and in blue. Red are potential for my 2nd Flex Rotational Player. Being that I have 4 of them bodes well it appears. These guys are surprise upside guys...Thoughts?

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Johnnie Manziel (16)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)

RB/FLEX - Chris Johnson (5)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR/FLEX Terrance Williams (8)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

WR - Kenbrell Thompkins (20)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)

TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

DEF - Arizona Defense (15)

Thoughts/Opinions?
Luck should be a pretty much every week starter, so don't think you need to roster 3 QBs. You might even be able to get away with only Luck until his Bye if there are a decent # of QBs on the WW.

RBs are solid, Hyde and the Den backfield are high-upside plays.

WRs are the weakness. Garcon is probably a high-end WR2 and Tate and Williams are decent WR3s. I think you probably need more depth here and I might have used that 12th rounder on another WR. Once you drop your 3rd QB, WR is the position you want to pickup. The good news is that WR is often the easiest position to nab off the WW. Keenan Allen could be had for a reasonable price last year early in those leagues he wasn't already rostered.

I like Thomas and Green is a high-upside backup. I am not bullish on Graham's prospects this year, but we will have more data on that soon enough.

D/K I generally play matchups at D/K so any start is a good start. Bryant should be fine until his Bye unless something happens. With the recent injuries to Arizona's defense, don't know if they will be dominant enough to be an every week play, so you probably want to keep active on the WW here.

If you get some pleasant surprises at WR, this team could be a solid contender.
Many thanks for responding as I do appreciate it. Although I don't get your concern at WR since I have Terrance Williams, Hakeem Nicks and Kenbrell Thompkins to fight for my FLEX POSITION [WHICH IS A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE]. This seems to put a proper and healthy perspective at the WR position and your addresses your concern nicely...JMHO!!!Plus [on a side note], I can easily put Ladarius Green or Garrett Graham at the secondary flex position as well [if needed]

...At a glance....my 2nd Flex position....I'm going to be scratching my head every week on who to start.....which is a good problem to have...
WR's are not good. When did choosing between nicks/Thompkins become a good thing? I must have missed the boat on that. As the above poster said, u have a WR2 and two 3's. it's solid overall but clearly u need some better WR depth. If Garçon goes down, this core goes from below avg to straight putrid.Also flexing a CJ/T will/ green also is really average flexes at best. This squad isn't bad at all but it's not as good as u think it is.

Good luck.
I agree.... I wouldn't feel good about flexing those guys. Im not a fan of the way that team was constructed. Tate as a WR2 feels wrong....most have him as a WR3 or even WR4.
When evaluating an ENTIRE TEAM.....the way you evaluate its construction is looking at the entire team AS A WHOLE.....not focusing on one position. I'm a realestate appraiser....when you evaluate THINGS....you give "weight" to the entire subject property.....not just the bathroom or kitchen [thats free]. You officially just got "owned" :)

WR's are not good. When did choosing between nicks/Thompkins become a good thing? I must have missed the boat on that. As the above poster said, u have a WR2 and two 3's. it's solid overall but clearly u need some better WR depth. If Garçon goes down, this core goes from below avg to straight putrid.
I agree.... I wouldn't feel good about flexing those guys. Im not a fan of the way that team was constructed. Tate as a WR2 feels wrong....most have him as a WR3 or even WR4.

Also flexing a CJ/T will/ green also is really average flexes at best. This squad isn't bad at all but it's not as good as u think it is. Good luck.
Right and when the bathrooms or kitchen in a house are crap, the overall assessment of the house is lower. Hence your WR core (kitchen) / Team (house) :)
Ahh....since I"m 10th overall in the FBGPC Standings (the Name "Glory Guys") would you please kindly put your FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH and appologize. Normally, I wouldn't respond to this....but your serious discredit to my team [and your evaluation skills] need to be called to the carpet.

Peace Out,

ISUDestroyers

ISUDESTROYERS said:
Drafted my 3nd Team This Year from the 5th Hole!! Starters are in bold and in blue. Red are potential for my 2nd Flex Rotational Player. Being that I have 4 of them bodes well it appears. These guys are surprise upside guys...Thoughts?

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Johnnie Manziel (16)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)

RB/FLEX - Chris Johnson (5)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR/FLEX Terrance Williams (8)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

WR - Kenbrell Thompkins (20)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)

TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

DEF - Arizona Defense (15)

Thoughts/Opinions?
Luck should be a pretty much every week starter, so don't think you need to roster 3 QBs. You might even be able to get away with only Luck until his Bye if there are a decent # of QBs on the WW.

RBs are solid, Hyde and the Den backfield are high-upside plays.

WRs are the weakness. Garcon is probably a high-end WR2 and Tate and Williams are decent WR3s. I think you probably need more depth here and I might have used that 12th rounder on another WR. Once you drop your 3rd QB, WR is the position you want to pickup. The good news is that WR is often the easiest position to nab off the WW. Keenan Allen could be had for a reasonable price last year early in those leagues he wasn't already rostered.

I like Thomas and Green is a high-upside backup. I am not bullish on Graham's prospects this year, but we will have more data on that soon enough.

D/K I generally play matchups at D/K so any start is a good start. Bryant should be fine until his Bye unless something happens. With the recent injuries to Arizona's defense, don't know if they will be dominant enough to be an every week play, so you probably want to keep active on the WW here.

If you get some pleasant surprises at WR, this team could be a solid contender.
Many thanks for responding as I do appreciate it. Although I don't get your concern at WR since I have Terrance Williams, Hakeem Nicks and Kenbrell Thompkins to fight for my FLEX POSITION [WHICH IS A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE]. This seems to put a proper and healthy perspective at the WR position and your addresses your concern nicely...JMHO!!!Plus [on a side note], I can easily put Ladarius Green or Garrett Graham at the secondary flex position as well [if needed]

...At a glance....my 2nd Flex position....I'm going to be scratching my head every week on who to start.....which is a good problem to have...
WR's are not good. When did choosing between nicks/Thompkins become a good thing? I must have missed the boat on that. As the above poster said, u have a WR2 and two 3's. it's solid overall but clearly u need some better WR depth. If Garçon goes down, this core goes from below avg to straight putrid.Also flexing a CJ/T will/ green also is really average flexes at best. This squad isn't bad at all but it's not as good as u think it is.

Good luck.
When evaluating an ENTIRE TEAM.....the way you evaluate its construction is looking at the entire team AS A WHOLE.....not focusing on one position. I'm a realestate appraiser....when you evaluate THINGS....you give "weight" to the entire subject property.....not just the bathroom or kitchen [thats free]. You officially just got "owned" :)

WR's are not good. When did choosing between nicks/Thompkins become a good thing? I must have missed the boat on that. As the above poster said, u have a WR2 and two 3's. it's solid overall but clearly u need some better WR depth. If Garçon goes down, this core goes from below avg to straight putrid.

Also flexing a CJ/T will/ green also is really average flexes at best. This squad isn't bad at all but it's not as good as u think it is. Good luck.

Right and when the bathrooms or kitchen in a house are crap, the overall assessment of the house is lower. Hence your WR core (kitchen) / Team (house) :)
Ahh....since I"m 10th overall in the FBGPC Standings (the Name "Glory Guys") would you please kindly put your FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH and appologize. Normally, I wouldn't respond to this....but your serious discredit to my team [and your evaluation skills] need to be called to the carpet.Peace Out,

ISUDestroyers
Really dude, after 1 freakin week you are calling him out. I didn't always agree with his assessments either but you put your team in here to be critiqued. You are setting yourself up for some serious disappointment.

Even better was this private message from him...

"Care to respond to the post.....a simple apology would do :) Don't like to rub it in....but I do think its important to evaluate a team appropriately."

Ha.

What a clown.

In years past in threads like this one people posted their teams and got feedback from others it was part of the fun.I really don't remember anyone taking the feedback to heart and being insulted.I for one appreciated the feedback.Gildz didn't like one of my teams that I thought was pretty good but I wasn't offended by it.To me the evaluations good or bad are part of the enjoyment of the game.One thing is for sure without a good portion of good luck no matter what kind of team you drafted your not going to go too far.Looks like he was right about my team lost all 3 games in this contest and I had 3 teams in another contest similar to this one lost all 3 of those too.6 teams and lost everyone of them who does that?I suck at this but still love playing.

Calling him to the carpet...you don't get lucky and crap out a top 10 team in this league.....bottom line...there are those that know how to evaluate and those that don't....even others are calling Da Glitz evaluation skills.....he flat out sucks in his evalutions :)

Haha...all in good fun fantasy smack talk gentleman....it should be a fun year !!!!!

ISUDestroyers

Even better was this private message from him...

"Care to respond to the post.....a simple apology would do :) Don't like to rub it in....but I do think its important to evaluate a team appropriately."

Ha.

What a clown.
I'm proud of that private message and glad you brought it out in the light. Your evaluation skills suck...so please stop posting your garbage....haha....[seriously...this is all in good fun as I'm stoked for a top 10 team]. Going to have to get lucky to remain in the top spot the rest of the way. You still need to get lucky to win it all.

All the best DaGlitz,

ISUDestroyers

No problem, let me know when you finish 11th grade Travis.

Can't say I'm surprised that's your name either.

Good luck to you. You only have 12 more weeks to go to win your league. Then after, only have to beat around ~ 1,500 teams in the Champ rds with ~ 600 pts scored in those 3 weeks. Your awesome/amazing weekly average will count as a whopping 25% of your overall score.

Judging by your approach/unbridled enthusiasm after 1 week of the regular season:

you don't get lucky and crap out a top 10 team in this league
Yeahhhhhhhhh.........

I feel pretty comfortable saying you lack any and all knowledge to come even remotely close to winning this thing.

But again, good luck to you TRAVIS! <both thumbs up in the air>

No problem, let me know when you finish 11th grade Travis.

Can't say I'm surprised that's your name either.

Good luck to you. You only have 12 more weeks to go to win your league. Then after, only have to beat around ~ 1,500 teams in the Champ rds with ~ 600 pts scored in those 3 weeks. Your awesome/amazing weekly average will count as a whopping 25% of your overall score.

Judging by your approach/unbridled enthusiasm after 1 week of the regular season, I can comfortably say you lack any and all knowledge to come even remotely close to winning this thing.

But again, good luck to you TRAVIS! <both thumbs up in the air>
All the best to you "Duh..... DITZ" ...BAWAHAHA (Hey ...u asked for it dude). Seriously...just talking smack here....feel free to respond as I won't respond anymore. Enough was said and my point made clear. All the best to you moving forward.

Warmest regards,

ISUDestroyers

Users who are viewing this thread