What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FAVORITE NFL QUOTE (1 Viewer)

bcr8f

Footballguy
Mine (from memory)

"If you spotted him a "C" and a "T" he couldn't spell "CAT".

Hollywood Henderson on Terry Bradshaw

Leroy Hoard, Viking RB: "If you need three yards, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards."

Relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well u will not catch it because nothing or no one is perfect. But chase it relentlessly because in the process u will catch excellence. -Vince Lombardi-

Shannon Sharpe's sarcastic sideline rant about the Patriots needing help from the National Guard, in a game in which the Broncos were dismantling them, is classic.

Jim Mora...

"What's that? Ah -- Playoffs! Don't talk about -- playoffs??! You kidding me?! Playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Vince Lombardi...

“Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing.”

“We didn’t lose the game. We just ran out of time.”

“Show me a good loser, and I’ll show you a loser.”

Wow, i just learned something. I was looking for "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field" quote from John Facenda, and it turns out Facenda never said it.

From Wikipedia--

Probably one of the best-remembered (and most frequently-quoted) examples of Facenda's NFL Films narration is something he never actually said: "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field" was a quote the sportscaster Chris Berman made up, mimicking Facenda's voice when he said it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Facenda

Wow, i just learned something. I was looking for "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field" quote from John Facenda, and it turns out Facenda never said it.

From Wikipedia--

Probably one of the best-remembered (and most frequently-quoted) examples of Facenda's NFL Films narration is something he never actually said: "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field" was a quote the sportscaster Chris Berman made up, mimicking Facenda's voice when he said it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Facenda
There's more to the story than that. Facenda was actually supposed to say it, IIRC, but Lombardi and the Packers were adamant that NFL Films take out "frozen tundra." Might make the team look bad for having a crappy field. Lombardi was very proud of his state of the art heating system.

That'll cool your ### off. - Jack Lambert

also enjoy Deacon Jones quote. Roses are red / Violets are blue / If you got any sense you'll keep Butkiss away from you.

Lawrence Taylor roaming the sidelines probably on a cocaine-high(GB the 80's):

"Let's go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs and have some fun!"

Three favorites...

Joe Theisman: "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

Jery Rice: "I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that. "

**** Butkus: "I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important -like a league game or something."

Another classic McKay quote: "Well, we didn't block, but we made up for it by not tackling."

Lawrence Taylor roaming the sidelines probably on a cocaine-high(GB the 80's):"Let's go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs and have some fun!"
Dangit! I came in here to post this one, I even have it on facebook hahaJohn Randle has a lot of funny ones, and I too vote for the Shannon Sharpe National Guard bit.

Mike Tomlin:

"Big men on blades of grass... the most violent team is going to win."

Comments before the first 2009 regular season game vs the Titans

Not sure why no one posted this one? Maybe you guys are just too young:

"We're gonna win the game. I guarantee it." Not sure who said it but I'm sure the older Colts Fans will. :welcome:

Dennis Green meltdown... still love to watch this one. :goodposting:

The Bears are what we thought they were. They're what we thought they were. We played them in preseason — who the hell takes a third game of the preseason like it's bull####? Bull####! We played them in the third game — everybody played three quarters — the Bears are who we thought they were! That's why we took the damn field! Now if you want to crown them, then crown their ###! But they are who we thought they were! And we let 'em off the hook!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc

Jim Mora to reporter: You think you know, but you don't know $h!t.

Reporter to John McKay: Coach why did you give Ricky Bell the ball 43 times?

McKay: Why not it ain't heavy.

Lombardi addressing Packers: Gentleman we are going back to basics, this is a football.

Max McGee: Coach could you slow down?

'We want the ball, and were gonna score"

"THEY SHOT ME UP IN DENVER!!"
That first one is so hilarious... for those who don't know, it was a playoff game and Matt Hasselbeck said that at the OT coin toss. Then he immediately threw a pick 6 to lose the game.
But Jabroni (or anyone), who/what was that second quote all about?

"We don't take what the defense gives us -- we take what we want!"

-Al Davis

(Note: This quote was a lot cooler when the Raiders were good)

‎"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

'We want the ball, and were gonna score"

"THEY SHOT ME UP IN DENVER!!"
That first one is so hilarious... for those who don't know, it was a playoff game and Matt Hasselbeck said that at the OT coin toss. Then he immediately threw a pick 6 to lose the game.

"You know, Lawrence, they call this the City of Brotherly Love but it's actually a banana republic."

Bill Parcells

Vince Lombardi...

“Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing.”
Although Lombardi is known for that quote, he didn't coin it. It originated with UCLA coach Red Sanders as early as 1950 and is part of the dialog in the 1953 film, Trouble Along The Way with John Wayne.
Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing is a well-known quotation in sports. Its assertion about the importance of winning has been touted as a basic tenet of the American sports creed and, at the same time, identified as encapsulating what is purportedly wrong with competitive sports.

It is attributed to UCLA Bruins football coach Henry Russell ("Red") Sanders, who spoke two different versions of the quotation. In 1950, at a Cal Poly San Luis Obispo physical education workshop, Sanders told his group: "Men, I'll be honest. Winning isn't everything. (Long pause.) Men, it's the only thing!"[1] The phrase is quoted in the 1953 film Trouble Along the Way by Sherry Jackson's character, Carol Williams . In 1955, in a Sports Illustrated article preceding the 1956 Rose Bowl, he was quoted as saying "Sure, winning isn't every thing, It's the only thing."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winning_isn..._the_only_thing

Users who are viewing this thread