What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Football - A dream of mine (1 Viewer)

I'm not clicking that.

First, no soliciting on here. Take it to the Test Forum.

Second, write in paragraphs.

Third, bye.

You're a little late, Eminem launched his site a few months ago. It doesn't matter who's best, it's who's first to market.

What do you offer that FBG's Sharkpool doesn't offer? We've all obviously found a home for FF talk. What do you offer that proboards.com doesn't offer, in terms of hosting our own league forums? And most importantly, what do you offer that Football-Elite.com doesn't offer, in terms of poorly formatted and poorly thought-out amateur forums with six total members barely participating?

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you offer that FBG's Sharkpool doesn't offer? We've all obviously found a home for FF talk. What do you offer that proboards.com doesn't offer, in terms of hosting our own league forums? And most importantly, what do you offer that Football-Elite.com doesn't offer, in terms of poorly formatted and poorly thought-out amateur forums with six total members barely participating?
Not much, as I've stated. Every website has to start somewhere though bud and if there were 2-3 people who read this and decided to give it a whirl, thats 2-3 people contributing to a community that will grow because of their contribution.

I mean no disresspect to any of you fellas so I dont understand the anger, just trying to do something here!

I would think this would get you banned. Unless the mods here think it's too funny to ban you for.
Roger, I didnt expect to be laughed off of the forums but thanks bud.

Sorry guys.
What exactly did you expect??

You came on "footballguys.com", a rather well known fantasy site, and are trying to steal their business for your own site.

If that doesnt immediately strike you as "something not to do" (which is clearly hasn't), you may wanna re-evaluate how you think about things.

I mean, good luck with the site and everything, but going about it this way did at least give people some chuckles.

Tough market you are trying to enter. I know sites like fflivewire that were built well but just can't sustain enough members and action for me to waste my time. Too many big dogs. Shark pool is the only forum I come too and it's barely needed when Twitter is out there. If you want to promote yourself that's probably the route to go

I had a dream last night where Robin Williams was a drug dealer and his son ratted him out to the cops. I'm not sure if he plays fantasy football. I should have asked him in the dream.

I had a dream last night where Robin Williams was a drug dealer and his son ratted him out to the cops. I'm not sure if he plays fantasy football. I should have asked him in the dream.
I sometimes have dreams about turtles.

ThePunter said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
Not much, as I've stated. Every website has to start somewhere though bud and if there were 2-3 people who read this and decided to give it a whirl, thats 2-3 people contributing to a community that will grow because of their contribution.

I mean no disresspect to any of you fellas so I dont understand the anger, just trying to do something here!
ThePunter,

Mentioning your site if it's relevent to a conversion isn't such a bad thing. But, usually before you do that you need to establish a reputation on the board as a contributor who is genuinely trying to help the community.

After you've become a regular contributor then add a link to your signature. Then, if people think what you're contributing is interesting, they might take the time to check out your site. This is the smartest way to achieve your goals on a site like this.

Punter, the season starts on September 7th so you've got about 2 weeks to recruit regulars to your site.

It's all about content. Nobody wants a carbon copy of a pre-existing website. Offer something valuable.

Also, don't be afraid to throw a little money at it. For instance, on my website you can play Fantasy Football so I will be posting 10 free leagues with a $25 grand prize.

It'll cost me $250 but at 16 players per league, it guarantees me 160 new members. If 25% start posting on my forums, it'll be gravy.

Reputation is also key. For instance, I haven't even began courting people to my website (it's not finished) and there's already a small buzz going for it.

If you're well known and your product is quality, everything should fall into place. But don't get impatient, anything worthwhile will take a few years to develop unless you've got money to advertise.

I don't know what your credentials are but if you want to exchange a few emails maybe we can collaborate on something.

Punter, the season starts on September 7th so you've got about 2 weeks to recruit regulars to your site.

It's all about content. Nobody wants a carbon copy of a pre-existing website. Offer something valuable.

Also, don't be afraid to throw a little money at it. For instance, on my website you can play Fantasy Football so I will be posting 10 free leagues with a $25 grand prize.

It'll cost me $250 but at 16 players per league, it guarantees me 160 new members. If 25% start posting on my forums, it'll be gravy.

Reputation is also key. For instance, I haven't even began courting people to my website (it's not finished) and there's already a small buzz going for it.

If you're well known and your product is quality, everything should fall into place. But don't get impatient, anything worthwhile will take a few years to develop unless you've got money to advertise.

I don't know what your credentials are but if you want to exchange a few emails maybe we can collaborate on something.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you OP for making this post possible.

Thank you OP for making this post possible.
Doesnt a lot of that remind you of one-liners in fortune cookies? Maybe zodiac signs??

Users who are viewing this thread