What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/Draftkings Week 16 (1 Viewer)

I typically play at least 2 lineups in cash games to hedge against one of them being a dud. I don't see that possibility for the Thu-Sat games. Outside of Sanchez, what QB do you play? RGIII, Kaep, a questionable Rivers? Ugh.
I have to believe McCoy and Maclin will be near 100% owned. Sanchez and Gates might be 80%.
I only ended up playing in 4 Thu-Sat games... McCoy, Maclin and Gates are 100% owned in each of them :D

Back to my anti-Clausen rant, Bill Barnwell agrees with me:

"Theyre handing over the starting gig to Jimmy Clausen, their 27-year-old backup, who had one of the worst seasons by a quarterback in recent history as a rookie in 2010. Clausen completed 52.5 percent of his passes, averaged 5.2 yards per attempt, threw three times as many interceptions as touchdowns, and successfully ensured that the Panthers ended up with Newton."

And:

"If Clausen can light it up against the Lions just by following the rules of the scheme to a tee, doesnt that make the scheme so incredible and valuable that the Bears should lock up Trestman and Kromer to 20-year contracts?"

I figure the Lions dial-up the pressure, and with that front against that OL I think it will be effective.

Last edited by a moderator:

"Theyre handing over the starting gig to Jimmy Clausen, their 27-year-old backup, who had one of the worst seasons by a quarterback in recent history as a rookie in 2010. Clausen completed 52.5 percent of his passes, averaged 5.2 yards per attempt, threw three times as many interceptions as touchdowns, and successfully ensured that the Panthers ended up with Newton."

And:

"If Clausen can light it up against the Lions just by following the rules of the scheme to a tee, doesnt that make the scheme so incredible and valuable that the Bears should lock up Trestman and Kromer to 20-year contracts?"

I figure the Lions dial-up the pressure, and with that front against that OL I think it will be effective.
I don't think anybody's arguing that he will blow up. As long as he's average, he will pay off. He doesn't need to have a monster game to return value.

Time to get serious!!! :stalker:

QB
Andrew Luck
IND @ DAL
RB

Fred Jackson
BUF @ OAK
RB

Matt Asiata
MIN @ MIA
WR

Donte Moncrief
IND @ DAL
WR

Kenny Stills
NO v ATL
WR

Calvin Johnson
DET @ CHI
TE

Julius Thomas
DEN @ CIN
K

Shayne Graham
NO v ATL
D

Baltimore Ravens
BAL @ HOU

Boom or Bust with Mr. Moncrief...... Came close to paying off last week so I ride him again this week. I like this line-up alot.....

And another:

QB
Drew Brees
NO v ATL
RBFred Jackson
BUF @ OAK
RBTre Mason
STL v NYG
WRGolden Tate
DET @ CHI
WRKenny Stills
NO v ATL
WRSteve Smith
BAL @ HOU
TERob Gronkowski
NE @ NYJ
KGreg Zuerlein
STL v NYG
DBuffalo Bills
BUF @ OAK

I find the playing the percentages article a little surprising this week. Two things that stand out at QB:

Griffen very highly owned

Claussen not on the list after the success of Anderson last week (my guess is because of the matchup)

Keenum not on the list (possibly because not knowing for sure who the starter is)

Looking like paying up for QB may be the way to go this week becuase Sanchez and Griffen are both early Sat games and at this point there is no Sat/Sun 50/50s and double ups. I played Brees in my Thurs contests, but it is looking like I might be loading up on him in my Sun contests as well.

Not finding a lot of value at WR this week. Will probably roll with White/Colston/Moncrief in most of my lineups...

And:

I don't think anybody's arguing that he will blow up. As long as he's average, he will pay off. He doesn't need to have a monster game to return value.
Since I'm the token Clausen defender (not sure if I will use him for Sunday games, but I've got 1/3 of my TNF lineups - honestly would be better to play him on Thursday as compared to Sunday, since some percentages of other owners will have crap QBs like Bortles and Kaep and whatever other junk there is Thursday and Saturday):

-as a rookie (or whatever he was, 2nd year), on an absolutely atrocious Panthers team almost completely devoid of weapons... what relevance does this have to an older Clausen, on a different team, in a different scheme, years later?

-Josh McCown, Josh McCown, Josh McCown. He was a less-highly drafted version of Clausen prior to his revival last year.

-Clausen was a high draft pick, and one of the consensus top QB picks as a college player. There could be some talent there and was obscured by being on the panthers

-Trestman is coaching for his job. If he can put together a few wins with Clausen, he can say "see, look, it wasn't my problem, it was Cutler for the last two years!" As correctly pointed out, if he can get production out of McCown and Clausen, they get rid of Cutler and build around literally any other QB.

-The change happened early in the week so he gets a full week of reps and practice, after having been in the system since the off-season.

It's certainly higher risk than Anderson last week, but worth a shot. "QB whisperer"

The problem with Clausen is the matchup in my mind. If he was playing a worse defense Id have no issue rolling him out there. But just like I wouldnt pick a Peyton Manning vs a good defense I wouldnt pick a much worse QB vs a good def just because hes very cheap.

That being said, right now I went with Keenum only because hes had a few blow up games in the past AND Baltimore has a horrible secondary and hes the same cost as Claussen.

The problem with Clausen is the matchup in my mind. If he was playing a worse defense Id have no issue rolling him out there. But just like I wouldnt pick a Peyton Manning vs a good defense I wouldnt pick a much worse QB vs a good def just because hes very cheap.

That being said, right now I went with Keenum only because hes had a few blow up games in the past AND Baltimore has a horrible secondary and hes the same cost as Claussen.
IMO the matchup means Forte won't be able to run. So, turn to the passing game as well as screens and dumpoffs. Forte could have 30-40 yards rushing and over 100 receiving.

And:

Since I'm the token Clausen defender (not sure if I will use him for Sunday games, but I've got 1/3 of my TNF lineups - honestly would be better to play him on Thursday as compared to Sunday, since some percentages of other owners will have crap QBs like Bortles and Kaep and whatever other junk there is Thursday and Saturday):

-as a rookie (or whatever he was, 2nd year), on an absolutely atrocious Panthers team almost completely devoid of weapons... what relevance does this have to an older Clausen, on a different team, in a different scheme, years later?

-Josh McCown, Josh McCown, Josh McCown. He was a less-highly drafted version of Clausen prior to his revival last year.

-Clausen was a high draft pick, and one of the consensus top QB picks as a college player. There could be some talent there and was obscured by being on the panthers

-Trestman is coaching for his job. If he can put together a few wins with Clausen, he can say "see, look, it wasn't my problem, it was Cutler for the last two years!" As correctly pointed out, if he can get production out of McCown and Clausen, they get rid of Cutler and build around literally any other QB.

-The change happened early in the week so he gets a full week of reps and practice, after having been in the system since the off-season.

It's certainly higher risk than Anderson last week, but worth a shot. "QB whisperer"
If Clausen was facing the Titans, Oakland, TB, etc I could see the risk being worth it. But he's facing the Lions, a team with a very good front 7. They're going to come after him. I just can't see that ending well for Clausen. Det isn't going to worry about going man on everyone except Alshon. Bennett and Forte are going to have to help block. Chicago has looked checked-out for at least 2 weeks. Detroit is fighting for the playoffs. I just can't find any reason to think Clausen won't suck.

But for all my haranguing, if you think he can get 1 TD pass and have no more than 1 TO, then he's worth rostering. Hell, Maurile projects him at 15ish -- that's 200 yards, 2 TDs, and a pick -- so at least someone who knows way more than me is very bullish that Clausen will do things he's never done before.

thinking about putting moncrief in all my lineups with the news Hilton will most likely be out
Took the chance in quite a few Thu-Mon lineups and I'm rejoicing at the low ownership percentages before everyone caught on this morning that Hilton won't be playing. I expect his Sun-Mon ownership is gonna be sky high.

thinking about putting moncrief in all my lineups with the news Hilton will most likely be out
Took the chance in quite a few Thu-Mon lineups and I'm rejoicing at the low ownership percentages before everyone caught on this morning that Hilton won't be playing. I expect his Sun-Mon ownership is gonna be sky high.
He will more than likely take the place of Floyd on my Sun-Mon double up rosters.

Listening to Rodgers this week talk about how The Packers need to resign Cobbs has me thinking..

After a sinker of a week last week, Rodgers is due and with him pimping Cobbs this might be the week to go with them..
So far came up with this, using Randle as a hope and pray at RB:

Aaron Rodgers
LeVeon Bell
Joseph Randle
Randall Cobb
Kenny Stills
Dwayne Bowe
Travis Kelce
Shayne Graham
Detroit Lions

Biggest :oldunsure: is Randle.. May have swap up and downgrade at TE and/or WR..

Listening to Rodgers this week talk about how The Packers need to resign Cobbs has me thinking..

After a sinker of a week last week, Rodgers is due and with him pimping Cobbs this might be the week to go with them..

Aaron Rodgers

LeVeon Bell

Joseph Randle

Randall Cobb

Kenny Stills

Dwayne Bowe

Travis Kelce

Shayne Graham

Detroit Lions

Biggest :oldunsure: is Randle.. May have swap up and downgrade at TE and/or WR..
Biggest :oldunsure: is actually Bowe...

Trufant will likely draw Stills on the outside, so I'm pretty bullish on Colston this week. Same price as Stills.

Aaron Rodgers

LeVeon Bell

Joseph Randle

Randall Cobb

Kenny Stills

Dwayne Bowe

Travis Kelce

Shayne Graham

Detroit Lions

He's not the first person I've seen on the Bowe train this week, what am I missing?

Aaron Rodgers

LeVeon Bell

Joseph Randle

Randall Cobb

Kenny Stills

Dwayne Bowe

Travis Kelce

Shayne Graham

Detroit Lions

He's not the first person I've seen on the Bowe train this week, what am I missing?
PIT pass defense is bad... but Alex Smith can't throw further than 10 yards.

Aaron Rodgers

LeVeon Bell

Joseph Randle

Randall Cobb

Kenny Stills

Dwayne Bowe

Travis Kelce

Shayne Graham

Detroit Lions

Insane due factor?

Aaron Rodgers

LeVeon Bell

Joseph Randle

Randall Cobb

Kenny Stills

Dwayne Bowe

Travis Kelce

Shayne Graham

Detroit Lions

True.. But number of targets he sees + Pit D + @$5500 just seemed good value.. :oldunsure:

Aaron Rodgers

LeVeon Bell

Joseph Randle

Randall Cobb

Kenny Stills

Dwayne Bowe

Travis Kelce

Shayne Graham

Detroit Lions

True.. But number of targets he sees + Pit D + @$5500 just seemed good value.. :oldunsure:
He's averaged <5 targets and <3 catches per game over the last 5 :shrug:

Aaron Rodgers

LeVeon Bell

Joseph Randle

Randall Cobb

Kenny Stills

Dwayne Bowe

Travis Kelce

Shayne Graham

Detroit Lions

He's averaged <5 targets and <3 catches per game over the last 5 :shrug:
Agreed not a "dream" WR.. Just looking to fill that last WR spot at $5500 or lower..

I suppose if I wanted to go "all in" with Rodgers I could throw in Devante Adams there at $5400..

or take a REAL chance on Terrance Williams for only $4500 :eek: and use that $1000 on Pierre Thomas over Randle..

With TY likely out/limited... I'm feeling Moncrief. I have him in almost all my lineups. That being said, he's obviously far from a sure thing. Do I hedge a few lineups with Wayne (same price) or Bowe (cheaper)... or just go balls out with Dante in all of them?

ETA: Looks like Wayne may be out too...

With TY likely out/limited... I'm feeling Moncrief. I have him in almost all my lineups. That being said, he's obviously far from a sure thing. Do I hedge a few lineups with Wayne (same price) or Bowe (cheaper)... or just go balls out with Dante in all of them?
I hear you on Moncrief.. Seems no matter what Combo I want to put together I end up having him in the lineup.. Of course my lineups right now are "All in" on Bell so I have a feeling I'll have to re-look them over and move someone in Bell's spot for a lineup or two before Sunday and use that money to upgrade Moncrief.. :shrug:

here are two others I threw together for Sunday- Monday:

Drew Brees

Jamaal Charles

LeVeon Bell

Kenny Stills

Donte Moncrief

Jermaine Kearse

Travis Kelce

Shayne Graham

Carolina Panthers

Matthew Stafford

LeVeon Bell

Matt Asiata

Calvin Johnson

Kenny Stills

Donte Moncrief

Jordan Cameron

Shayne Graham

Detroit Lions

I thought it was obvious there wasn't going to be any Sat-Mon games on FD since there weren't any to begin the week. Sucks because I really enjoy the playing the percentages article and I believe 4 of the 5 lineups put out include players from Sat.

I didn't play McCoy in any of Thurs lineups. I had Gerhart in a bunch which paid off, and I put in Alf in all of them. His yards/TDs are much higher w/ RG3 in front of him and with Polk taking some (most?) GL carries it almost seems a 3 headed monster. I really thought McCoy would of blown up last week considering how he did in the last matchup with DAL so had him in a bunch of DK lineups which burned me with Polk taking the GL carries.

I usually play value QBs, but matchups just aren't screaming out to me this week. There is going to be some massive value at RB/WR this week so I'm looking at playing Brees mostly and throwing in Ryan and Stafford.

WR/RB values

Monqueef is an obvious play if TY out.

Stills at 6100 still and Brees gonna light it up in a dome.

Roddy/Harry if Julio sits.

Fjax is less sexy with Spiller back on the roster, but will definitely be playing him

CJ dropping in price and still getting over 20 carries a game, sign me up

Asiata is gonna avg 2.5 yds/carry but pop in a TD or two

Gronk, Kelce, or go home

Think GB is gonna light it up after being stymied last week. Jordy is dirty cheap for a WR1 on DK

Not on Mason as a lot of people are. Somehow my Giants D has been better of late. Randle is still not a play.

Fantasy Score has downloadable salary rankings-like that, want that at fanduel

You can't sort the columns for the contests- this is annoying

I did a Peyton/Demarius stack in a gpp because fbgs has said that Denver is a run first team like 70 times this week. Obvious set up IMO

I have a odd question.

Does the entries of new comers increase next week once most fantasy leagues are done? The reason I ask.. I figure everyone has seen all these damn commercials for FD and DK and once they win, they figure they are experts at this. My first year doing FD, but my return money wise and entertainment has been worth it.

I have a odd question.

Does the entries of new comers increase next week once most fantasy leagues are done? The reason I ask.. I figure everyone has seen all these damn commercials for FD and DK and once they win, they figure they are experts at this. My first year doing FD, but my return money wise and entertainment has been worth it.
Either way, experienced players tend to not play as much in week 17 with unstable playing time scenarios. Don't know who's resting for playoffs, etc.

I understand that. I already told my wife, after this week I'm withdrawing it all and wait until next year.

Tho, I can see some league winner thinking his #### doesnt stink so he throws out a first time 50 or 100 head to head. I'm just looking to pounch on fresh meat cause our game is a bit different than you normal fantasy team league.

When I plug many of my iterations into the interactive FD value chart, I'm getting a huge disparity between Maurile and Bloom projections -- like 18-20 difference. I'm not sure what to make of that. Anyone else seeing that this week?

When I plug many of my iterations into the interactive FD value chart, I'm getting a huge disparity between Maurile and Bloom projections -- like 18-20 difference. I'm not sure what to make of that. Anyone else seeing that this week?
Appears MT is taking a wider stance on some of the injury decision points, which I like.

I did a Peyton/Demarius stack in a gpp because fbgs has said that Denver is a run first team like 70 times this week. Obvious set up IMO
threw in Julius too. Bronco super stack. Too many people way too down on Peyton IMO

Users who are viewing this thread