What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/Draftkings AFC/NFC Championship Weekend! (1 Viewer)

ahartig

Footballguy
Last week for daily nfl fantasy football. Makes me a little sad as it's been a very fun and exciting year.

I'm thinking Blount is a value this week. I'm also staying away from most of the GB offense.

Hate to see it come to an end. Enjoyed daily more than my two leagues this year.

First instinct was to go with a Brady/Gronk/Edelman stack, but I'm a little concerned the Pats grind it out on the ground like week 11.

This basically akin to a Mon/Thurs game.

Undecided if I want some skin in this or not. Probably won't be able to resist.

Truth is I should have quit after week 17, but I can't resist either. Keep throwing a little out on GPPs hoping for lightning to strike. Looking back, I have avoided the 50/50s with the small slate thinking that was the smart play, but would have done fine and recouped my GPP losses.

I'm using all the FDPs I earned during the season to enter contests this week. Comes out to $120 in free entries :thumbup:

Newton was just fine against the Seahawks in terms of points....hard to think Rodgers won't be able to at least chuck some darts that stick. I'll take that in a GPP or two with Cobb as part of the stack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newton was just fine against the Seahawks in terms of points....hard to think Rodgers won't be able to at least chuck some darts that stick. I'll take that in a GPP or two with Cobb as part of the stack.
I saw on Rotoworld Newswire that Sherman would be on the rookie Adams. Makes Jordy a decent play then.

RB selections real rough this week. Lynch is expensive, Lacy has a brutal matchup and who knows what Belichick will do. Would think Boom will have high ownership everywhere.

I used my FDPs to enter the $1, $2, and $5 single entry tourneys, other than that I will probably stay away this week.

Yeah this week looks uninteresting for the most part. I entered a couple of gpps and just couldn't get excited about my lineups.

I cashed out down to $25 so that I'm not tempted late in the week to load up. I've tried NHL and NBA, but I'm just not good. Will sadly have to wait until next football season.

I can honestly say that once I got my feet under me on the daily play process, I prefer it significantly to my regular league play. I managed to make a bit, but nothing crazy. The entertainment value has been huge. I'm sorry to see it end for the season. I glanced at NBA action, but forget that. I'm thinking I may explore MLB a bit once that rolls around.

So far I am not seeing anything that makes me want too play this week. I am sure I will end up with at least a few line ups, but right now it looks too much like bingo.

After running all over the Colts in their last two meetings, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Pats come out throwing a ton this weekend.

If NE decides to go run heavy who carries the load? Blount or Gray?

Does Seatle put thier nickle DB on D Adams?

Can Indy cover Gronk?

Will Rogers be able to move enough to avoid the Seat pass rush?

Will Wilson to Wilson continue to pay big?

Best K for the Week?

If NE decides to go run heavy who carries the load? Blount or Gray? BLOUNT, JONAS BEING A HEALTHY SCRATCH LAST WEEK WAS A GOOD INDICATOR IMO

Does Seatle put thier nickle DB on D Adams? SHERMAN ON ADAMS ACCORDING TO ROTO

Can Indy cover Gronk? NO, NOTHING CAN COVER GRONK

Will Rogers be able to move enough to avoid the Seat pass rush? NO

Will Wilson to Wilson continue to pay big? DOUBTFUL

Best K for the Week? VINNY
My best guesses. Rolling with Wilson in most my leagues.

If NE decides to go run heavy who carries the load? Blount or Gray? BLOUNT, JONAS BEING A HEALTHY SCRATCH LAST WEEK WAS A GOOD INDICATOR IMO

Does Seatle put thier nickle DB on D Adams? SHERMAN ON ADAMS ACCORDING TO ROTO

Can Indy cover Gronk? NO, NOTHING CAN COVER GRONK

Will Rogers be able to move enough to avoid the Seat pass rush? NO

Will Wilson to Wilson continue to pay big? DOUBTFUL

Best K for the Week? VINNY
My best guesses. Rolling with Wilson in most my leagues.
Wilson saves you the few extra bucks you'll need to get Gronk. If anyone is playing in a cash league and not taking Gronk this week, let me save you some money. Don't play, and just mail me half of what you were going to bet on your daily game.

this GPP is laughable

Andrew Luck

Marshawn Lynch

LeGarrette Blount

TY Hilton

Davante Adams

Kevin Norwood

Rob Gronkowski

Gostkowski

Patriots

I'll probably play cash games with the favorites, and then throw a few bucks at GPPs emphasizing the teams I WANT to win.

this GPP is laughable

Andrew Luck

Marshawn Lynch

LeGarrette Blount

TY Hilton

Davante Adams

Kevin Norwood

Rob Gronkowski

Gostkowski

Patriots
About what you have to do to get Gronk in the lineup though.
That's what my goal was. The highest scoring players this week imo will be Gronk and Lynch, and I wanted to put those guys in a lineup with the highest hvalue stack according to Tremblay. Then figured out the rest

Ownership of lacy this week? Probably around 5% if that. Most owners will have boom, lynch and vereen I assume. Can't trust blount after last weeks 0 points.

May not have much of a choice but guys like Adams and Amendola make me nervous this week. I feel like they peaked last week.

Cash games may need a Cribbs (kick return TD?) & Colts Defense stack to win it big this week!! (I am not suggesting anyone do this though!)

Every team I've put together with Lynch and Gronk make me wanna hurl. There's some ugly stuff that needs to be done to get them both in a lineup.

My ugly Lynch/Gronk lineup:

QB: Wilson

RB: Lynch/Blount

WR: Edelman/Baldwin/Moncrief

TE: Gronk

K: Crosby

D: Seattle

I don't know, I got Brady, Lynch, Edelman, Gronk and even Seattle's defense and I don't think it looks too shabby.

I don't know, I got Brady, Lynch, Edelman, Gronk and even Seattle's defense and I don't think it looks too shabby.
I agree. I assume you have to roll Blount or Vereen here. I'm very comfortable with Blount. In particular if Gray remains inactive.

No Tipton love, I know he's going to get some carries but with Herron's shoulder I'm putting him in a few lineups just in case the shoulder limits him.

jeaton6 said:
w3junky said:
I agree. I assume you have to roll Blount or Vereen here. I'm very comfortable with Blount. In particular if Gray remains inactive.
Ya you can do that version or Herron with three WRs in the 5000s. You even get Hauschka too.

I almost bailed on the double ups today but what the hell, last week. Hopefully I end up with only like $10-20 wagered to have some added rooting interest in the games.

johnnyboy8102 said:
Cash games may need a Cribbs (kick return TD?) & Colts Defense stack to win it big this week!! (I am not suggesting anyone do this though!)
I think you have the contest type wrong.

Why not?

Keerock said:
I will likely create a lineup with Flynn in it for a few GPPs... you know... just in case
I tried that last week. Obviously didn't work out well.
As I intimated above, I'm not sure there would be much of a difference in his score whether he plays or sits this week.
So you essentially punt QB to not have to use any of the <7k WRs?

Or, I suppose, to have Lacy (with Lynch of course) and using just 1 <7k WR...

Going with these 3 in both cash and GPP

Luck

Blount

Turbin

Cobb

Hilton

Edleman

Wilson

Gostkow

Seat

Brady

Lynch

Herron

Amendola

Kearse

Nicks

Gronk

Hauschka

NE

This is the one I like best so I 'm sure it will do the worst :topcat:

Wilson

Lynch

Herron

Edleman

Kearse

LaFell

Wilson

Vina

NE

Not sure I can bring myself to play any cash games without Gronk...
I'm in the same boat. He is a lock for 15+ points a week with an unlimited ceiling. I also think his price point this week is so high he might not be well owned. Could be a difference maker. I made all my dough in weeks 12-17 and gronk along with ODB were regulars in all my lineups. He's just too good.

I'm in the same boat. He is a lock for 15+ points a week with an unlimited ceiling. I also think his price point this week is so high he might not be well owned. Could be a difference maker. I made all my dough in weeks 12-17 and gronk along with ODB were regulars in all my lineups. He's just too good.
Yeah... usually means you have to punt a spot. I'm currently looking at Moncreif, Wayne, Lockette, Turbin and Starks.

Not about this week, just an observation about next year: I'm not sure it's possible for FD to price the Bills defense high enough the 2 weeks they play the Jets next year. Rex is a clown but he can coach defense, there's a ton of defensive talent there, and he lives for revenge.

Yeah... usually means you have to punt a spot. I'm currently looking at Moncreif, Wayne, Lockette, Turbin and Starks.
Norwood might be a sneaky play too with Richardson out

To get Brady + Gronk + Lynch I found I had to go "deep" on WR's and hope.. Then again it is $1GPP so that's the idea ;)

Tom Brady

Dan Herron

Marshawn Lynch

Danny Amendola

Jermaine Kearse

Davante Adams

Rob Gronkowski

Mason Crosby

New England Patriots

Users who are viewing this thread