What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FAAB Waivers, Yahoo!, and Order Of Claims - A Question (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
I saved my free agent dollars this year and am now in the position to outbid everyone for Samuels and Jackson both (we don't have to be coy that they're 1 & 2 this week), but I also want Team X as my defense. 

Imagine this scenario, dollar signs omitted, seeding done before parentheses

1) 0

2) 0

3) 2

4) 0

5) 5 

6) 12 (this is me)

Now I can bid six and six and have both players, right? 

Only issue is, I want the defense. So I could go with a 6-5-1 strategy. 

That said, I'm curious. If 3 is set at defense. They are. Say it's Team Awesome. They're bidding on other things.

Okay, so how does priority work if I go 

6 for Samuels to assure I get him

5 for Jackson to at worst tie for him 

If he bids on Jackson with his five dollars, does he get him because Jackson is my second priority or do I get him because I'm lower seed? 

I've never been in this situation before.  Yahoo settings say FAAB w/standings tiebreak, but that seems awfully chintzy. 

What say the SP?

Last edited by a moderator:
I saved my free agent dollars this year and am now in the position to outbid everyone for Samuels and Jackson both (we don't have to be coy that they're 1 & 2 this week), but I also want Team X as my defense. 

Imagine this scenario, dollar signs omitted, seeding done before parentheses

1) 0

2) 0

3) 2

4) 0

5) 5 

6) 12 (this is me)

Now I can bid six and six and have both players, right? 

Only issue is, I want the defense. So I could go with a 6-5-1 strategy. 

That said, I'm curious. If 3 is set at defense. They are. Say it's Team Awesome. They're bidding on other things.

Okay, so how does priority work if I go 

6 for Samuels to assure I get him

5 for Jackson to at worst tie for him 

If he bids on Jackson with his five dollars, does he get him because Jackson is my second priority or do I get him because I'm lower seed? 

I've never been in this situation before.  Yahoo settings say FAAB w/standings tiebreak, but that seems awfully chintzy. 

What say the SP?
You'd lose on Jackson cause you'd be lower on waiver since your $6 bid would go through and drop your priority. 

Charlie's right, or looks to be.  

Use Continual Rolling List waiver priority

All managers are ranked from highest to lowest priority to determine who wins a waiver claim. The initial rank is determined by the league's draft. In Live or Autopick Drafts, the last draft position gets 1st rank and in Offline Drafts, the last to register gets 1st rank.

When a claim is successful, that manager drops to the bottom of the priority list.

You can view your waiver rank standings on the "League" page, in the "Waiver" column.

Use FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budgets) waiver priority

Each manager is given a budget to bid on unclaimed players that are in waivers. The default budget is $100, but the commish of a Private League can adjust the budget as they see fit.

Bids are blind, so other managers can't see what your bid is.

Your bid can range from $0 to the remainder of your budget.

Highest bid at the end of the waiver period wins the player.

The winning bid is removed from that manager's budget.

Ties are broken by Continual Rolling List waiver priority.

Thanks again, man.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I want player A and make a $1 bid, but then also make a $6 bid, and no one else bids, would the system award my player A for my first bid at $1, or take my six dollar bid?  Kind of hoping it would recognize my first bid, and ignore the second since it was the same bidder 

Users who are viewing this thread