What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Extremely premature Buy Low/Sell High Thread (1 Viewer)

this may sound crazy, but I think Kolb is a nice buy low--you can get him for next to nothing and you know Reid is going to give him every chance to succeed.

I'm didn't see the game, but I'd have to think that Arian Foster is a sell high in the right situation (i.e. someone in your league is drinking the kool-aid that he's going to put up anything close to those numbers on a weekly basis). Again, it's all about the specific situation, but if I could trade him for first round talent to improve my team I'd seriously consider it.

Matt Forte in non-PPR is as sell-high as it gets. How many runs did that O-line NOT get it done inside of the Lions 3? The Lions D line isn't THAT improved. Forte is headed for some monsterous clunkers this year.

Fitzgerald is a sell-low because as awful as he was today, it's going to get much worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see, one WR and the RB scored DESPITE Kolb's injury, and they did it against a top 5 D. No sell sir. BUY! They did damn good considering the circumstances.

I think the Eagles are a great buy low if anyone is panicking there. I suspect that they showed enough with Vick that owners won't be freaking out. I was already thinking about what I'd offer for Jackson, Celek and or McCoy when their stats were atrocious midway through the game, but then Vick went and made them look competent.

I think I'd buy low on Harvin.

He'll get some practice time with Favre and they'll figure out how to use him better... than again you'd be relying on Childress to gameplan well, so forget what I said. :bag:

I'm didn't see the game, but I'd have to think that Arian Foster is a sell high in the right situation (i.e. someone in your league is drinking the kool-aid that he's going to put up anything close to those numbers on a weekly basis). Again, it's all about the specific situation, but if I could trade him for first round talent to improve my team I'd seriously consider it.
I'm strongly considering this. I have Foster in all of my leagues, and will be open to discussions... It's impossible for his value to be any higher this season..

Buy low? Schaub.

The Texans suddenly have a power running game! Some would think that this diminishes the value of Schaub considerably but that running game will open things up for him.

Sell maybe McFadden. If I had Foster he would not be sold by me unless you think you can get a top ten WR or QB. I don't expect the same type of production every week. I don't follow rules in which I trade a RB on a team I predict to have to have a top 5 offense, lol nope not me.

Might be able to get Hartley off WW or real cheap.............lets just hope he snaps out of it.

I think the Eagles are a great buy low if anyone is panicking there. I suspect that they showed enough with Vick that owners won't be freaking out. I was already thinking about what I'd offer for Jackson, Celek and or McCoy when their stats were atrocious midway through the game, but then Vick went and made them look competent.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...694&id=2770

Eagles C Jamaal Jackson will likely miss the remainder of the season with a torn bicep muscle.

Last year, Jackson missed week 17 and the playoffs vs. Dallas. They lost 24-0 and 34-14 without him.

I can't speculate on their new center, but Vick's scrambling ability can offset trouble at the OL. Kolb will struggle moreso than today without Jackson.

I'd stay far away from the Eagles players.

Buy Low: Steve Smith of the NY Giants and here is my reason aftr talking to JT today. Nicks really only caught 4 balls, he just cashed in a lot in the end zone. Nicks is not going to post 48 receiving TDs, but New York looks like they are going to have to throw the ball a lot. He had a kind of a pedestrian day but about 8-9 targets and the game was pretty well in hand once they got deeper into the 2nd half. I would try to see if the Steve Smith owner is panicking a bit from Nicks big day and go scoop him up.

Buy Low: Steve Smith of the NY Giants and here is my reason aftr talking to JT today. Nicks really only caught 4 balls, he just cashed in a lot in the end zone. Nicks is not going to post 48 receiving TDs, but New York looks like they are going to have to throw the ball a lot. He had a kind of a pedestrian day but about 8-9 targets and the game was pretty well in hand once they got deeper into the 2nd half. I would try to see if the Steve Smith owner is panicking a bit from Nicks big day and go scoop him up.
NICE HEADS UP!!

Sell maybe McFadden. If I had Foster he would not be sold by me unless you think you can get a top ten WR or QB. I don't expect the same type of production every week. I don't follow rules in which I trade a RB on a team I predict to have to have a top 5 offense, lol nope not me.
I agree, when the game was actually still a game he was not doing that well, something like 50 yds on the ground with a lot of touches, then the game gets out of hand and then he suddenly makes an appearance...see my sig and Kenny Smith says it best even though it's another sport. Oakland is not thinking "How can we get McFadden more touches"...they want to try and get Michael Bush back ASAP because McFadden was not helping move the sticks early when they needed it the most. Examples...3rd and 23, McFadden picks up 13 yds...meaningless.

Sell high on McFadden, though doubt anybody would pay much. Buy low on 49er defense.

I own Foster, and I can't imagine what type of deal it would take to get him. Nobody expects 200+ and 3, but a) he's on a great offense b) looks great with an o-line opening up holes for his 1 cut style c) is in on all 3 downs. CJ and ADP - but that's it. Already have Peyton, and wouldn't trade him for a WR.

Jerome Harrison

They are going to have to give him the rock more than that over the course of the season.

NICE HEADS UP!!
And there would have been more balls going around, but drives were killed with the 3 interceptions, not Eli's fault, the balls bounced off receiver's hands.

NICE HEADS UP!!
And there would have been more balls going around, but drives were killed with the 3 interceptions, not Eli's fault, the balls bounced off receiver's hands.
Nicks was no fluke, but you're right, Smith is definitely a Buy low. I wouldn't be surprised if Nicks continues to outperform Smith all season though.

Sell

DeSean Jackson: Dude benefited from McNabb's big arm last year. I doubt he finishes top 25 this year with a) Kolb running a more true West Coast offense b) already lost there starting center. If Vick ends up behind center sell all Eagles WR and TE.

Buy

Dez Bryant: Received a ton of targets week 1 after missing most of the preseason. With the oline issues expect Witten to end up blocking or chipping DE more -- leading to a ton of targets for Dez and Austin. In non-PPR leagues Harvin ended up 21 last year. Dez will end up top 25 this year.

Eli Manning: Offseason chatter about going back to the run is not going to hold true. They have 3 dynamic WRs and there secondary issues aren't completely solved -- the Giants are going to give up points. After the top 7 QBs, Cutler and Bad Ben upon his return there isn't a QB I would want.

Bradshaw: Jacobs looks incredibly average; Bradshaw looks fantastic after his off-season surgeries to clean up his feet.

Vincent Jackson: Total speculation pick here but if Thursday's arbitration is favorable and his suspension is only 3 games, boosting his trade value, he should be a top 20 Week 4 on if moved. Worth the gamble if it's a waiver wire pickup or trading a WR/RB that is not your primary bench backup.

---

The Spiller hype is totally unwarranted. Yes, the guy is immensely talented and, yes, you want to load up on RBs with game changing speed as long TDs are more valuable than ever with more teams move to RBBC. However, Buffalo's oline is simply brutal, Edwards is not a starting NFL QB and Fred Jackson/Lynch are going to steal touches. Spiller will probably end up with a 2-3 games with 150 yards from scrimmage & 2 TDs, yet he will give you 28 yards and 3 catches more often than not.

Selling high on Foster would be incredibly stupid. There is no reason to think his performance will wane. He is young, healthy, and getting the ball thirty times a game. Who would you trade him for?

Selling high on McFadden is smart. Junk stats count in fantasy, but they do not count towards longevity as a starting running back.

I also would sell high on OchoCinco. I don't think he puts up those numbers often this year.

I agree with others that a firesale of Desean Jackson is in order. Kolb looked awful. Vick looked good, but he never produces good fantasy numbers for his receivers, except for his tight ends. Dump Desean Jackson if you can. Probably should hold on to Kolb because nobody will buy him for anything of value.

I know his value isn't that high anyway, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Derek Anderson as a sell slightly-higher-than-he-was-before-yesterday type, based on his numbers yesterday. If I had him as one of my back-ups I'd be contacting Kolb owners to see what I could get for him - he won't be playing the Rams every week either.

I bought the Derek Anderson hype years ago when he was with Cleveland. I will not buy again.

Not ready to give up on anyone yet. Everyone has a bad week. It just sucks when it happens in the first week. Just like with baseball, I'm not going to cut a good player who goes 0-for-14 the first week.

Who am I concerned about? Kirk Morrison in my IDP league. Mike Sims-Walker because I bought the 'next Brandon Marshall' hype and since I once owned Marshall only to let him go. I also don't believe Matt Schaub will match last year's numbers, because I think the team has improved from past years and he won't have to pass as much as he has in the past. If they can dominate the Colts like that, I think they are in for a very good year.

Selling high on Foster would be incredibly stupid. There is no reason to think his performance will wane. He is young, healthy, and getting the ball thirty times a game. Who would you trade him for?
There's plenty of reason to think he won't get 231/3 every game. But as far as going from a stud game to less than you'd get for him, I agree.I'll trade for Randy Moss in a redraft. Brady looked for the other receivers a lot but he'll improve on his stats.any thoughts on Brandon Lloyd? I'm pretty sure it's a one week wonder, but the guy did have talent at one point.

any thoughts on Brandon Lloyd? I'm pretty sure it's a one week wonder, but the guy did have talent at one point.
I'm curious about Lloyd as well. Orton looked his way an awful lot yesterday. Last year when Lloyd was in he had good numbers. But my gut tells me that with Gaffney and Royal there, Lloyd will not be a fantasy starter. I think Orton spreads it around and none of the three get over 900 yards receiving.

any thoughts on Brandon Lloyd? I'm pretty sure it's a one week wonder, but the guy did have talent at one point.
I'm curious about Lloyd as well. Orton looked his way an awful lot yesterday. Last year when Lloyd was in he had good numbers. But my gut tells me that with Gaffney and Royal there, Lloyd will not be a fantasy starter. I think Orton spreads it around and none of the three get over 900 yards receiving.
I want no part of those 3 ... if I had a gun to my head, I'd probably take Gaffney.

Buy low = Addai?

I didn't see the game...but Brown seems to be a complete non-factor. That alone should get Addai back into the top 12 RB, just like last season. And I'm hearing very little talk about him after only 70 yards.

Babu Bhatt2 said:
I love these blanket statements. Again, I said if I could trade Foster for first round talent I would do it. I don't think he's going to put up Priest Holmes/LT/Marshall Faulk in their prime-type numbers all season. The Colts were terrible against the run yesterday and Houston stuck with it until they stopped it (and they never did).

It looks like Foster is great value, especially if you drafted him before the Tate injury, so there's a short list of players I'd trade him for, but I'd still trade him for the right player(s). My guess is that a high percentile of people who drafted him took him as a RB3 or lower...if you focused on WR early and took him as your RB2, then I agree it's unlikely I'm trading him right now.

HOWEVER, if I have Adrian Peterson, Shaun Greene, and Foster and McCoy in a start 2 RB league where I'm really weak at WR, I'd trade him to bolster that position. I guarantee that's his best game of the season, if not his career. If he puts up 2009 Chris Johnson numbers the rest of the way, than I took a chance and missed. The odds are still much better that he's a solid RB2 going forward than a top 5 back the rest of the way.

Aromashodu? I didn't see the game. Was he really a focal point as the 10 targets indicate, or will it be an aberration and opportunity to sell?

Buy low? Schaub.The Texans suddenly have a power running game! Some would think that this diminishes the value of Schaub considerably but that running game will open things up for him.
Hope it works out that way--otherwise he just turned into a committee member for me.

Babu Bhatt2 said:

Selling high on McFadden is smart. Junk stats count in fantasy, but they do not count towards longevity as a starting running back.

I also would sell high on OchoCinco. I don't think he puts up those numbers often this year.

I agree with others that a firesale of Desean Jackson is in order. Kolb looked awful. Vick looked good, but he never produces good fantasy numbers for his receivers, except for his tight ends. Dump Desean Jackson if you can. Probably should hold on to Kolb because nobody will buy him for anything of value.
Umm, what? The law of averages dictates that his performance will wane. If not you are saying he will get 33 carries a game and finish the season as the top rusher in NFL history by a really, really wide margin.

Matt Forte in non-PPR is as sell-high as it gets. How many runs did that O-line NOT get it done inside of the Lions 3? The Lions D line isn't THAT improved. Forte is headed for some monsterous clunkers this year.
What do you think you can get in exchange for Forte?

Users who are viewing this thread