What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Explosions at Boston Marathon (1 Viewer)

So I guess the whole "suicide vest" the older brother supposedly had on was complete bunk as well right?
It probably doesn't matter when you give up and run towards law enforcement that is trying to shoot you. And you get run over by your brother.
The run over by the brother will be he next act to fall.
I already heard yesterday that it didn't happen.
There seemed to be some changing information around this before, but the pictures posted earlier by the resident who lived on the street of the shootout make it look pretty clear cut in my opinion.

So I guess the whole "suicide vest" the older brother supposedly had on was complete bunk as well right?
It probably doesn't matter when you give up and run towards law enforcement that is trying to shoot you. And you get run over by your brother.
There seemed to be some changing information around this before, but the pictures posted earlier by the resident who lived on the street of the shootout make it look pretty clear cut in my opinion.
Really? I remember seeing a pic of the car heading in that direction but not detailed enough to see him actually run anyone down.

Maybe it was a different set of pics.

Really? I remember seeing a pic of the car heading in that direction but not detailed enough to see him actually run anyone down.

I remember hearing the Watertown (or maybe it was Boston) Police Chief say this DID happen.

I doubt it was a different set of pics, but the fact that there is proof that the brother drove a car down a street pointed in the direction of where his brother was on the ground is sufficient for me. Why would they bother lying about the brother's cause of death? There is certainly 100% proof that he (the older brother) was shooting at the cops. There's plenty of justification for lighting him up, no reason to embellish why/how he died.

I remember hearing the Watertown (or maybe it was Boston) Police Chief say this DID happen.
The Watertown Chief 100% said it happened in the interview he gave with D&C on WEEI. I remember him saying that the police almost got hit because they couldn't hear the SUV driving at them on account of their ears still ringing from the explosions.

So if it didn't happen, it'd have to be some kind of weird lie/cover up by the police. Doesn't really seem to be any reason for that.

I have no problem believing that's what happened. I did hear someone say on some news broadcast that new info said it didn't but I have no link or name. Didn't really think much of it since there's been so much misinformation so far. If the Chief said it's 100%, can't really argue with that.

What do you think your 40 time would be running from the car to the gas station across the street? 3.3?
My legs would look like a cartoon. Just a cloud of smoke from the waist down.

What do you think your 40 time would be running from the car to the gas station across the street? 3.3?
I would have strolled across the street whistling after I kicked their asses.

Keerock said:
jamny said:
The Comedian said:
jamny said:
Novice2 said:
FootballDummy said:
pantherclub said:
Really? I remember seeing a pic of the car heading in that direction but not detailed enough to see him actually run anyone down.Maybe it was a different set of pics.
One, or both of them also said that younger scumbag fired at them from the boat, which we now hear he didnt have a gun. So, yeah. Maybe BPD Commissioner shouldn't go on such a media blitz until he actually has all the facts. I wondered if he was just enjoying his 15 minutes while he could.

Keerock said:
jamny said:
The Comedian said:
jamny said:
Novice2 said:
FootballDummy said:
pantherclub said:
Really? I remember seeing a pic of the car heading in that direction but not detailed enough to see him actually run anyone down.Maybe it was a different set of pics.
One, or both of them also said that younger scumbag fired at them from the boat, which we now hear he didnt have a gun. So, yeah. Maybe BPD Commissioner shouldn't go on such a media blitz until he actually has all the facts. I wondered if he was just enjoying his 15 minutes while he could.
Welcome to the age of instantaneous social media. There are billions of reporters now. And information hungry people believe anything they hear.

I would love to see an investigation or something more indepth about how in this particular case all the facts got screwed up so bad and how the police and media reported such blantant crap.

¿oɯɐuɐʇuɐnפ oʇ oƃ ǝɥ sǝop ɹO ¿lɐıɹʇ ɐ ǝq ǝɹǝɥʇ llıM ¿ɯǝʇsʎs ʇɹnoɔ ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ oƃ ǝɥ llıM ¿ɯıɥ ɟo ʎpoʇsnɔ sǝʞɐʇ oɥʍ oS

I would love to see an investigation or something more indepth about how in this particular case all the facts got screwed up so bad and how the police and media reported such blantant crap.
Who would pay for the indepth study and what would be the purpose? They got the only two FBI-named subjects right. As stated earlier, with Reddit and Twitter and amateurs listening to and misinterpreting scanners, there is way too much crap put out there too quickly. It seems like the erroneous stuff is just the details. Not the important stuff. The FBI showed accurate pics of two suspects, the same night, one of them was dead and the next day, the other one captured.

Who would pay for the indepth study and what would be the purpose? They got the only two FBI-named subjects right. As stated earlier, with Reddit and Twitter and amateurs listening to and misinterpreting scanners, there is way too much crap put out there too quickly. It seems like the erroneous stuff is just the details. Not the important stuff. The FBI showed accurate pics of two suspects, the same night, one of them was dead and the next day, the other one captured.
Seriously?

What's the over/under on how long before a "Boston Massacre" movie comes out chronicling this story?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously?
Yes.

St. Louis Bob said:
Plorfu said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
St. Louis Bob said:
St. Louis Bob, on 26 Apr 2013 - 10:03, said:

I would have strolled across the street whistling after I kicked their asses.
Sounds like the older dude was a golden gloves boxer and trained MMA fighter.
Was he trained to handle St Louis Bob? I don't ####### think so.
:goodposting: :coffee:
Story on the older brother's encounter with a local boxer:

Story.

From the article:

“It told you everything that he showed up at my gym with nobody,” Rodriguez said. “I’ve never been to a gym by myself. When you go to someone else’s gym, you always want someone to have your back.”
So I guess I don't understand boxing culture, does s**t regularly go south around sparring sessions where you need someone to have your back?

From the article:

“It told you everything that he showed up at my gym with nobody,” Rodriguez said. “I’ve never been to a gym by myself. When you go to someone else’s gym, you always want someone to have your back.”
So I guess I don't understand boxing culture, does s**t regularly go south around sparring sessions where you need someone to have your back?
I would guess you would probably want a corner man/coach any time you sparred.

There's not "sudden jerk" of the head. He's barely moving.
I didn't watch the video ... read about it and took it on faith. :shrug: KInda weird that "he shot himself" was accepted wisdom, with video proof yet, 48 hours ago. And now, it's "known" not to have happened that way. :shrug: I'll buy the book in five years ... maybe some kind of consistent narrative will be worked out by then.
There was no "video proof". The only mention I saw of this "head jerk" was some yokel's comment on youtube. This is an example of why the narrative has been so inconsistent, because people are spreading information from unsubstantiated sources.
uActually a lot of the inconsistent narrative has been coming from "official" sources. I'm not one of the conspiracy theory guys but over half of this story doesn't make any sense. Why did they shoot the cop? Where did they get their money (neither had a job and apparently older brother was on welfare)? Why have none of the suspects (naked guy, etc) that were released come forward and been interviewed?
How much funding did they need buy pressure cookers and PVC pipe?
I already researched the weapons of mass destruction. The Hat Brothers did not terrorize on the cheap. They could have spent much less on the pressure cookers but they did not. And clearly, White Hat has enough money to smoke pot everyday. I would not be surprised if they were drug dealers.

Last edited by a moderator:
What crap did the police report?

The media screwing things up in the midst of an incident trying to break the news is nothing new and has been going on for decades.

My wife said that a mailbox saved the life of her friend. I don't know how or why but that is what she said. Take that pitts.
I am glad for your wife's friend. I am referring to mailboxes being used to put bombs inside them; that is why they (along with trash cans) are removed along the Presidential route when he visits an area.
What would happen if a pressure cooker bomb with ball bearings was placed in a U.S. mail box?
I would imagine that it would contain most of it but you would concede that there are more than pressure cooker bombs used as an IED. What would happen if you dropped three sticks of dynamite in a mailbox? Low explosive and high explosives work differently.
The mailbox is going to hold a great deal of the energy of a bomb, to make a mailbox a weapon you'd have to shove 20 pounds of C4 inside. Three sticks of dynamite is going to destroy the mailbox I guess, but you seem to be living in a cartoon so I guess three sticks of dynamite would kill a passing roadrunner.
When the mailbox is destroyed by the dynamite what happens to all the metal fragments that are expelled from the blast? C-4 is about 30% more powerful than TNT; I would imagine 20 pounds in a mail box there would have had a 100% kill radius for tens of feet and a lethality radius over a hundred yards.
Tell you what I'm gonna do. I work with a guy who used to be an Army Combat Arms guy and he worked with Claymores, heavy explosives and stuff like that. I'll see what he says and check back in.
Fair enough; thanks.
He said the C4 would kill the roadrunner but the dynamite wouldn't. Mailbox would certainly hold too much of the energy making it a dumb place to put explosives meant to have a large kill radius.

How eerie would have been if White Hat had tweeted this:

It hurts doesn't it? Your hopes dashed, your dreams down the toilet. And your fate is sitting right besides you.

Maybe I'm not getting it but I don't understand how the mother is on the terrorist watchlist, the Russians have repeatedly warned us about this families terror activity, Dzhokhar is in the terrorist database, and yet he is still granted citizenship? That's gotta be a major failure of the system, right? Plus, we cannot revoke his citizenship. The more I read about this, the worse it sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread