What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Everything everywhere all at once (1 Viewer)

bostonfred

Footballguy
Interesting movie. Love how they set up the characters. Love the development of the major plot line, from who is this guy and what is this, to where they end up. It's really well done in that sense. The bagel and the... awards .. are a bit childish but funny in a movie that appreciated some comedy relief. It's a cool way to unpack a difficult topic. I think I kind of loved it

The girlfriend and I saw this yesterday. We considered leaving about an hour in, as it just seemed so bizarre and disjointed. By the end, we thought - yeah it was very weird but we could kind of appreciate the metaphors and messaging. Still, can't say we really enjoyed it; perhaps a re-watch is in order.

The scene at the end with thw mother and daughter hit home with me as I’ve had those exact conversations with my son and they are as challenging in real life as they portrayed in the movie, but the love and fulfillment of having those brutal truth conversations really came through that scene.

Kinda shows how weak the candidates for best picture were this year. I mean it was an OK movie, but to win all those awards? I didn't see it. That being said, I didn't see it much from any of the nominees this year. Just a lame year for movies I guess

Kinda shows how weak the candidates for best picture were this year. I mean it was an OK movie, but to win all those awards? I didn't see it. That being said, I didn't see it much from any of the nominees this year. Just a lame year for movies I guess

I think Michelle Yeoh deserved her award. Not as sure about the others, though I don't think anyone was necessarily robbed or anything (based on the nominees I’ve seen).

Last edited:
Loved it and certainly had among my top 2 or 3 for the year (and I saw a lot of movies). I understand why people would dislike it. It's zany, it's blending a lot genre stuff while still trying to do a small family drama, it's a very online movie and is edited to a breakneck pace. For the people that it does resonate with, it resonates really strong. It's deeply original and very 2022. What it did during the Oscars and all the other ward shows is very rare and unprecedented for a movie like that.

Last edited:

I think Michelle Yeoh deserved her award. Not as sure about the others, though I don't think anyone was necessarily robbed or anything (based on the nominees I’ve seen).
Fair on Michelle. Ke Huy had no business winning best supporting actor. In fact, I thought he kinda sucked IMO. Jamie Lee? Meh....

Just watched this last night. I get why people didn't enjoy it. About an hour in I thought about giving up on it. Then, during the last third of the movie, it really started coming together.

Overall, a great movie.
I watched it this weekend as well and had a similar feeling about it except I didn't think it was great, was just meh to me. Too much confusing build up for the payoff for me. I kept watching thinking the hype on this movie and all the awards, it's got to get better right? And it just never did for me.

Users who are viewing this thread