What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eric Decker ROS (1 Viewer)

NeonDeion21

Footballguy
Where do you see Decker finishing the rest of the year? Can you count on him getting in rhythm with PM and becoming a solid #2 WR in PPR? Or he is locked in as an upside WR3?

Bump.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know...I think Decker is pretty good...he'll get you a lot of 8's but the big games are going to come from D. Thomas. Good, reliable but unspectacular. Personally, I trade him for a more unproven guy with upside like a Hartline. At the end of the day I want the primary target on the passing offense and Decker isn't it.

I don't know...I think Decker is pretty good...he'll get you a lot of 8's but the big games are going to come from D. Thomas. Good, reliable but unspectacular. Personally, I trade him for a more unproven guy with upside like a Hartline. At the end of the day I want the primary target on the passing offense and Decker isn't it.
Thomas 46 targets , Decker 44 targets. Decker has 7+ targets every game this year. The difference is just that Thomas is a big play guy and Decker isn't. That's why Thomas is a wr1. However, Decker is Peyton Manning's "#2" which isn't a bad thing. He's also, from what I've watched (I don't have an officially count) had a solid amount of red zone and end zone targets. He's had 1 pass interference in the red zone and had another one that wasn't called. He's not Thomas but that's not the question. He is a guy I personally have tried to trade, because yes he can be boring, but his worst game (point wise) in standard ppr is 4 catches for 53 yards (9 points). Not many guys have that downside, and he's mixed it in with 2 huge games. He's on pace for 90 catches, about 1100 yards and 6 tds. Also, I think defenses will give a little more attention to Thomas as the season goes on. In my ppr league which is pretty standard (2 point bonus for 100 yards, everything else normal) he is #19 in ppg among wr's. I think he's a pretty solid low-end wr2. He's had some low end wr3 games, and has had two wr1 type games. In the end, the 15-22 range sounds about right.

Thomas 46 targets , Decker 44 targets. Decker has 7+ targets every game this year. The difference is just that Thomas is a big play guy and Decker isn't. That's why Thomas is a wr1. However, Decker is Peyton Manning's "#2" which isn't a bad thing. He's also, from what I've watched (I don't have an officially count) had a solid amount of red zone and end zone targets. He's had 1 pass interference in the red zone and had another one that wasn't called. He's not Thomas but that's not the question. He is a guy I personally have tried to trade, because yes he can be boring, but his worst game (point wise) in standard ppr is 4 catches for 53 yards (9 points). Not many guys have that downside, and he's mixed it in with 2 huge games. He's on pace for 90 catches, about 1100 yards and 6 tds. Also, I think defenses will give a little more attention to Thomas as the season goes on. In my ppr league which is pretty standard (2 point bonus for 100 yards, everything else normal) he is #19 in ppg among wr's. I think he's a pretty solid low-end wr2. He's had some low end wr3 games, and has had two wr1 type games. In the end, the 15-22 range sounds about right.
not ragging on him...he's a fine wr but I tend to never have these guys in my roster. I'd rather trade him for a higher risk Bryant. Just always been my philosophy....all different ways to build a roster.

Decker has missed out on at least a couple of TDs due to pass interference in the end zone. He's definitely a high end WR2 in PPR.

I don't know why we keep hearing Decker isn't a big play guy. He is. Last season, he showed his dynamic big play ability with a 90 yard punt return. Has D. Thomas ever had a 90 yard TD? He also caught a few long bombe from Tebow, and was open constantly deep where Tebow missed him. For whatever reason, so far Manning hasn't really gone long much to Decker, but I think that will change.

I still think Decker will wind up being the #1 WR for the Broncos.

'bigunreal said:
LOL.
don't see what is funny about this... Decker has almost equal total targets, has big play ability, Peyton trusts him and goes to him in crunch time, they have an equal amount of TD's, and he is 5th overall this season with "8" redzone targets, and has more than Demarius.. and defenses will definitely roll coverage towards D.Thomas as the season goes on.... not sure how this is an invalid statement

'bigunreal said:
LOL.
don't see what is funny about this... Decker has almost equal total targets, has big play ability, Peyton trusts him and goes to him in crunch time, they have an equal amount of TD's, and he is 5th overall this season with "8" redzone targets, and has more than Demarius.. and defenses will definitely roll coverage towards D.Thomas as the season goes on.... not sure how this is an invalid statement
Simple. Decker has about 25% of the talent that D Thomas. Decker will be fine, but to say he his Denver's WR1 is LOL. I know it sucks to have grabbed Decker 2 rounds before DT, but time to face the music. I suppose people will hang on for as long as they can. Will be back in Week 12 and in Week 16 to gloat.

Decker should be seeing more targets, but the emergence of Dressen (2nd TE option) and Stokley as consistent under options to DT's big play ability is eating into what was Decker's upside.

'bigunreal said:
LOL.
Simple. Decker has about 25% of the talent that D Thomas. Decker will be fine, but to say he his Denver's WR1 is LOL. I know it sucks to have grabbed Decker 2 rounds before DT, but time to face the music. I suppose people will hang on for as long as they can. Will be back in Week 12 and in Week 16 to gloat.
first off 25% the talent my ###, Decker is a great WR....secondly, i don't even have Decker on my fantasy team...thirdly, I am not even arguing that Decker is better than D.Thomas.. that is pretty clear, but in fantasy Decker could end up as the #1 WR simply by how effectively Manning uses him, if the trend continues in the redzone Decker could end up with more TD's and very similar yardage and receptions... could be the equivalent of what Collie was a couple of years ago, even though R.Wayne was the far superior wideout

I haven't been able to watch the past few Denver games. From the box scores, Deckers targets and production have dropped.

What's going on here for people watching Denver?

Is it the game plan? Is he not getting open?

Was hoping to ride him into the playoffs but he seems to be becoming pretty scary to start.

Targets way down today. Complete afterthought. It was Thomas and Tamme. Good thing every other player on my team went off to secure a bye, but I'll be watching closely for other options week 15.

I haven't been able to watch the past few Denver games. From the box scores, Deckers targets and production have dropped.What's going on here for people watching Denver?Is it the game plan? Is he not getting open?Was hoping to ride him into the playoffs but he seems to be becoming pretty scary to start.
Thomas had a field day against the undrafted rookie DB Leonard Johnson. They singled Thomas quite a bit with him for some odd reason.On his 2nd TD, somehow they thought doubling him with a 5'9 safety Ahmad Black and a LB would work.....Peyton read and took advantage. Peyton just took advantage of the great matchups Thomas had all game.I think Decker will still have another good game or two, but I think it's become quite apparent who the star #1 is here.

Correction - the Broncos use of Decker has been putrid. Just checked the play by play. He was targeted 2 times the whole game. 2. Both on 3rd down. Both completions for the first. Makes no sense to me at all.

Correction - the Broncos use of Decker has been putrid. Just checked the play by play. He was targeted 2 times the whole game. 2. Both on 3rd down. Both completions for the first. Makes no sense to me at all.
Thomas is an absolutely freak. I'm unsure why people can't understand that. After AJ Green and Calvin, he's right there as one of the top athletes at wr. Decker is solid but he's just a quality number 2 NFL wr. One thing I've noticed though. There was a game a few weeks ago against the bengals where Decker ran a slant at the GL. He let the defender step in front for the int. Seems like Manning hasn't looked for him in the red zone since then and his stats are awful since then. Could be coincidence. Thomas also seems to be playing better every week, which people should have expected.

Decker owners should be happy with the production they got earlier. Now that tamme is back, manning went to him with the posession receiver targets.

Totally at a loss at what to do with Decker. Is Manning really going to ignore his starting WR the rest of the year? 2 targets? Really? Any insiders know of anything going on? I did take note that when Thomas scored the TD on the perfect pass from Manning Decker was right there and didn't really rush over to congratulate Thomas as would be expected. Wonder if there is something more to this. He's healthy, and was a weapon used in so many ways earlier in the year when I think the offense was clicking better.

Can't believe I'm leaning to benching him, not even starting in a flex spot, in a 3WR league

Truly at a loss as what to do. I don't think Decker is even startable at this point, but it is so hard to sit him after seeing his torrid production earlier in the year.

Truly at a loss as what to do. I don't think Decker is even startable at this point, but it is so hard to sit him after seeing his torrid production earlier in the year.
Not sure what to do now either. I was hoping he would be a solid #2 but at this point he's a flex guy. Im debating starting Chris Givens over him this week if Stevie Johnson isnt able to go.

Not sure what to do now either. I was hoping he would be a solid #2 but at this point he's a flex guy. Im debating starting Chris Givens over him this week if Stevie Johnson isnt able to go.
With the Raiders this week, who give up ungodly passing yards and points, I give Decker another start this week. If he doesn't do it this week, I'm probably done with him.

Decker will get his sometimes, but a fully weaponized Thomas gives the Broncos a better chance to win. And Manning is a smart smart QB.

One thing I've noticed though. There was a game a few weeks ago against the bengals where Decker ran a slant at the GL. He let the defender step in front for the int. Seems like Manning hasn't looked for him in the red zone since then and his stats are awful since then. Could be coincidence. Thomas also seems to be playing better every week, which people should have expected.
His targets are way down since that game (19 targets in 4 games since, after averaging nearly 9 a game the first 8 games), so it does make me wonder if Peyton has lost a little bit of confidence in him. More likely is that defenses are taking him out of games, and since he is not a physical freak like Demaryius Thomas who can fight through it and get open despite that, he is not getting as many balls thrown to him. And let's face it, Peyton Manning throws to whoever is open.

Is this guy startable tonight? Thursdays have been rude to wide recievers all year.
He may not have been getting the targets he was earlier in the season but it's against Oakland. It'll be like Christmas morning for most of the Denver O tonight despite it being the dreaded Thursday night matchup. I'd play him.

I see him as a huge boom or bust tonight. If he rides my bench he goes off and if I play him he gets one reception.

Hard to argue with the bad Oakland defense though I could see Denver getting up early and playing a little conservative.

I honestly believe Oakland is going to play Denver tough tonight. DThomas and Decker will have a decent game.

'Ghost Rider said:
One thing I've noticed though. There was a game a few weeks ago against the bengals where Decker ran a slant at the GL. He let the defender step in front for the int. Seems like Manning hasn't looked for him in the red zone since then and his stats are awful since then. Could be coincidence. Thomas also seems to be playing better every week, which people should have expected.
His targets are way down since that game (19 targets in 4 games since, after averaging nearly 9 a game the first 8 games), so it does make me wonder if Peyton has lost a little bit of confidence in him. More likely is that defenses are taking him out of games, and since he is not a physical freak like Demaryius Thomas who can fight through it and get open despite that, he is not getting as many balls thrown to him. And let's face it, Peyton Manning throws to whoever is open.
This is what I believe has happened. I was watching a game three or four weeks ago where Decker dropped a catchable third down conversion opportunity and Manning put his hands on his head like "Not again." Makes me wonder if Decker started having a problem with drops in practice along with his stats in games (believe he is close to the top of the league in drops).One thing's for sure...he fell off the cliff just like that. Would love another option so I could sit him tonight.

'Ghost Rider said:
This is what I believe has happened. I was watching a game three or four weeks ago where Decker dropped a catchable third down conversion opportunity and Manning put his hands on his head like "Not again." Makes me wonder if Decker started having a problem with drops in practice along with his stats in games (believe he is close to the top of the league in drops).One thing's for sure...he fell off the cliff just like that. Would love another option so I could sit him tonight.
:yes: I have 4 WR's around the same level and all of them have big ?'s. I thought I had a treasure trove, but having to pick between a bunch of mid-level performers is agonizing.

Staring Calvin, Nicks and Mike Williams at WR, FJax as a flex, Decker on my bench. If he had the targets I'd have him in there, just I can't rely on guesswork in the playoffs that he'll see more than 2 looks.

Hes not startable. There are guys on waiver wires (Givens, Avery, Hilton etc) who I would start over him. just not enough targets over the last month or so. he dosent get the double coverage of thomas . Seems that Tamme s the #2 option and Stokley (when he plays) is three. Fantasy playoffs . hard to start a guy in his current statistical shape.

i am actually starting him w/ full confidence tonight.

as a side note, bodog has the over/under for his stats at 4.5 catches, 62.5 yards and a -130 line (lay $130 to win $100) to score a touchdown

He's fallen behind Tamme there with Stokley out.

After scoring at least 1 TD or totaling 100 yards in 6 straight games earlier this year, he's just fallen completely off the map. He'll have another big game or two this season when team's smother Thomas, but no telling what games.

With Manning, he's no lower than a low WR2/high WR3 IMO. He still is on pace for 10 TD's on the fantasy season.

Have to play him now that Nick's knee swelled up. Hate Thursday games. C'mon Decker - surprise me. Peyton - guy was 2 for 2 on 3rd downs last week - give him a shot!

I am surprised so many are benching, or even considering benching, Decker. Yes, he has had some down games lately, and it has been frustrating, but he is still the number 2 WR in a Peyton Manning offense, and is still on pace for 10+ TDs and nearly 1,000 yards. I didn't even consider benching him in any of my leagues this week. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread