What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eckler Vs Zeke Keeper Question (1 Viewer)

afranchina88

Footballguy
I can keep 2 players in the round I drafted them, I can only keep the same player twice before they go back into the draft pool.

Currently I am keeping Lamar Jackson in the 9th over Mahomes in the 11th since I kept Mahomes last year I get 2 years out of Lamar and think that's a better value.

For my second keeper I am between Eckler in the 6th or Zeke in the 1st. The consolation bracket winner gets the first pick, and I'm giving up kamara this year because of keeper term limits. So there is a chance I can get kamara or zeke with a lucky draw. Is it work just locking zeke up for 2 years or taking the value in eckler and maybe getting lucky and getting a relatively high pick in the first to compensate for the loss of zeke.

Thanks in advance!

Interesting. (I agree with your thoughts on Jackson)

I'm a gambler myself, so I might keep Ekeler and roll the dice if I really thought getting Zeke or Kamara was a good possibility.

Do you need to decide on your keepers before you know your draft pick?  You said the consolation winner gets the first pick so shouldn't the draft order already be known?  If you know where you are drafting then you should know who might be available.  If you are late in the first I would just keep Zeke.

Can you trade Mahomes?

What are your potential 1st round options if you do not select Zeke?  Are they are all top selections or would it just be Kamara and Zeke so you have to be top 2 to get one of those guys?

The winner gets the first pick and all other picks are decided by random draw after keepers are submitted to negate the ability of knowing i can get my potential first round keeper in the draft. 

Can't trade mahomes unfortunately, I should have tried to make the move in season when i had the chance.

I would say most of the consensus 1st round guys are not going to be available in the first round there are none other than kamara (which is mine) that is entering back in based off of term limits, and a lot of the 1st round guys this year weren't drafted in the first round initially. I think Kamara, Zeke (if i dont keep him), CEH, D adams, mixon, josh jacobs would be the first 6 off the board. 

The winner gets the first pick and all other picks are decided by random draw after keepers are submitted to negate the ability of knowing i can get my potential first round keeper in the draft. 

Can't trade mahomes unfortunately, I should have tried to make the move in season when i had the chance.

I would say most of the consensus 1st round guys are not going to be available in the first round there are none other than kamara (which is mine) that is entering back in based off of term limits, and a lot of the 1st round guys this year weren't drafted in the first round initially. I think Kamara, Zeke (if i dont keep him), CEH, D adams, mixon, josh jacobs would be the first 6 off the board. 
So you can be anywhere from 2 to ??  (I don't see the league size anywhere) or are the consolation bracket guys only in the random draw?  I probably just go with the easy solution and keep Zeke.  I am not sold on Ekeler although he is still good value in the 6th.

Users who are viewing this thread