What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ebola (1 Viewer)

BustedKnuckles said:
Allegedly, ISIS will try to send Muslims infected with Ebola into America to infect and kill Americans. ISIS threatened the United States, and its allies to spread the Ebola virus, within those states, if they continue to wage war on the Islamic State’s growing caliphate inside Syria and Iraq.

The statement from ISIS said that:

the process of spreading disease is not difficult, it is easily transported in a bottle in your bag and take them from Africa to America and open in a air-conditioning duct or put it in the public drinking water by elevator doors
The statement from ISIS also said:

the process of cultivating bacteria can be done by any student in the Faculty of Science or Department of Biology. They do not need complex laboratories and even a makeshift laboratory can be made in a small apartment in which we can farm millions of germs and viruses.
Nuke 'em then. Erase the threat.
you'll need tiny, little, baby nukes to get Ebola
Ebola wouldn't be what I was after ;) If they are going to play dirty pool, we play dirtier pool, especially if they threaten our existence with a pandemic.

ISIS will have as much success with their infecting Americans with Ebola plan as I'll have with my sleep with Jessica Alba plan.

I think we should donate ISIS a bunch of blankets infected with Ebola. Stay with our playbook on what works.

Dr Rick Sacra is smart to check himself into the ER. It would suck to get taken down by enterovirus 68 so soon after surviving Ebola.

Last edited by a moderator:
President Barack Obama called Monday for new protocols to help stop the spread of Ebola. "We're also going to be working on protocols to do additional passenger screening, both at the source and here in the United States," he said. "Here in the United States, at least, the chances of an outbreak -- of an epidemic here -- are extraordinarily low," the President said.

:lmao: The lack of concern by this doofus and his cronies (or whoever takes his spot down the road) pretty much tells me that when that day comes and it's an airborne killer, the population will be wiped out fast.

President Barack Obama called Monday for new protocols to help stop the spread of Ebola. "We're also going to be working on protocols to do additional passenger screening, both at the source and here in the United States," he said. "Here in the United States, at least, the chances of an outbreak -- of an epidemic here -- are extraordinarily low," the President said.

:lmao: The lack of concern by this doofus and his cronies (or whoever takes his spot down the road) pretty much tells me that when that day comes and it's an airborne killer, the population will be wiped out fast.
Doofus!

lod01 said:

Don't worry, he's hardly ever wrong.

You can keep your doctor. Ebola won't make it to the USA. ISIS is the JV team.

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

lod01 said:

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people
Obama sucks.

lod01 said:

Jesus. You people.

lod01 said:

Jesus. You people.
And yet if Sarah Palin said any ONE of these things, it would be it's own thread :rolleyes:

Michelle Malkin: We gambled with ebola and lost.

Reports indicate that before his departure from Liberia to Texas last week, Ebola carrier Thomas Duncan lied at the airport about being in contact with someone exposed to the disease. So far, the White House refuses to impose any travel restrictions from West Africa. It’s also not clear whether the U.S. has rescreened West Africans who won last year’s DV game and are flying into the country now.

As I’ve reported for the past twelve years, enforcement and screening procedures are shoddy. The General Accounting Office deemed the DV program a national-security risk in 2008, while State Department and Homeland Security officials blamed each other for reckless incompetence.

“Consular officers at six of the posts reviewed — Accra (Ghana), Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Kathmandu (Nepal), Lagos (Nigeria) and Warsaw (Poland) — reported that the availability of fake documents, or genuine documents with false information, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, and passports, presented significant challenges when verifying DV applicants’ identities and the relationship between the principal DV applicants and their spouse and dependents,” the GAO reported.

The Diversity Visa lottery program is a public-health hazard and a national-security risk that leaves our safety to random chance. But pleas to curtail or end the program since the 9/11 attacks have fallen on deaf ears.
So, open borders now open the US to both terrorists AND infectious diseases...but "diversity". :rolleyes:

lod01 said:

Jesus. You people.
And yet if Sarah Palin said any ONE of these things, it would be it's own thread :rolleyes:
That's because Sarah Palin was 2 things:

1) literally dumb as a rock and running for VP

2) hot enough to warrant some pics being posted.

What is the downside of closing the borders to passengers from west africa?
You cause a panic inside the impacted areas and the result is the disease spreads more.

Remeber this?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/08/20/liberia-security-forces-quarantine-monrovia-slum-in-effort-to-stop-ebola/

During the raid this weekend in West Point slum, bloody items were stolen and potential Ebola patients fled, raising fears the disease would spread out of control in a densely populated area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha jokes on ISIS. Ebola is a virus not bacteria!
This us actually a pretty good point as the only hosts known are humans and fruit bats. I suppose you could collect up a bunch of blood and put it into some drinking fountains or food, but it probably wouldn't with in the water supply as the viruses can't multiply outside the hosts.
To be fair, it's likely that less than 1% of ISIS are aware that the world isn't flat soooooo....
That's a pretty racist statement

This us actually a pretty good point as the only hosts known are humans and fruit bats. I suppose you could collect up a bunch of blood and put it into some drinking fountains or food, but it probably wouldn't with in the water supply as the viruses can't multiply outside the hosts.
To be fair, it's likely that less than 1% of ISIS are aware that the world isn't flat soooooo....
First off, what's wrong with being racey [/tap]

Part B- I was unaware ISIS was a race.

I was unaware ISIS was a race.
:lol:

Seriously

CNN Reporter: ‘Shocked And Pretty Horrified At The Lack Of Screening’ For Ebola In US Airports

ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta/AP) — CNN senior medical correspondent Elizabeth Cohen said she was shocked and horrified at the lack of screening for Ebola at an Atlanta airport after coming back from Liberia.

Speaking to HLN on Monday, Cohen described what happened when she was going through customs at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

“I expected that they were going to take my temperature, they were going to ask me lots of questions, but they didn’t,” Cohen said.

Cohen explained she told the airport official that she just came back from Liberia covering the Ebola outbreak.

“I said, ‘I’m a journalist. I’ve come back from Liberia, I was covering Ebola.’ And the gentleman who was helping me – the officer – he started to hand my passport back and said, ‘Welcome home,’ but instead said, ‘Wait a second, I got an email about passengers like you. Hold on a second.’”

Cohen continued: “And he went and conferred with someone and he didn’t know and they conferred with someone else. And in the end he said, ‘You need to watch yourself for signs of Ebola.’ And I said, ‘Well, what am I watching out for?’ and he couldn’t tell me.”

Cohen’s producer and photojournalist were also not told of the signs to check for.

“I was travelling with two colleagues – a photojournalist and a producer – and they weren’t told anything and they also said they were journalists who had been covering Ebola,” Cohen told HLN. “So we were all kind of shocked and pretty horrified at the lack of screening in U.S. airports.”

The White House continued to rule out any blanket ban on travel from West Africa. White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said Monday it is “not something we’re currently considering.”

Link

Jon Stewart: You've written articles about Ebola and how we handle things. Are we all going to die immediately or do we have like a month?

Atul Gawande: We are not in danger of this being an epidemic, spreading through our population here.

Jon Stewart: Do you watch the news?

Were also going to be working on protocols to do additional passenger screening both at the source and here in the United States, the president said, without offering details. New measures could be announced shortly, an administration official said.

I consider this a top national security priority, Obama said.

:crazy:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-5th-american-to-be-treated-for-ebola-arrives-in-nebraska-20141006-story.html
Pandering to chicken little types.

I am sad that I finally ventured into this thread today. some of the worst posting possible in this last page here.

Listen, I don't want to alarm anybody. But seriously...I was in Dallas last week and when I flew home on Saturday, nobody - I mean nobody - in that airport took my temperature or even asked if I had come in contact with the ebola guy.

And I'm white.

Users who are viewing this thread