What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty value of Oakland WRs? (1 Viewer)

bengalbuck

Footballguy
In my opinion the Oakland WRs are some of the toughest guys for me to try to accurately value for dynasty purposes. It just seems like every couple weeks it looks like a different one of the group is going to emerge as the go-to guy and at different times Hue Jackson has come out and said he thinks one of them is going to be a superstar.

At the end of last year, I thought Jacoby Ford was going to be the guy. He was a monster in the 2nd half of his rookie season and Jackson was saying he was going to be a "household name" and a star. Then he got hurt and all preseason all anyone could talk about was Denarius Moore. Out of nowhere seemingly came Darius Heyward-Bey who had a fantastic start, then a bit of a lull and then a re-emergence over the last few weeks with a monster game last week.

Basically, I find myself re-evaluating these guys' relative values on an almost weekly basis and have no idea who is going to end up the #1. Or even if anyone will. Maybe it'll just be a different guy every week and we'll never be know which guy is going to catch 9 balls and which one will catch 1 or 2 from week to week.

Anyway, with the season almost over we're going to have to make some firm decisions on these guys and figure out where they rank in dynasty startup drafts.

Anyone with thoughts?

How would you rank them against each other, from most valuable to least?

Where does each of the 3 rank overall amongst WRs?

Someone on Twitter (don't remember who) said that there was a special place in hell for any NE RBs and Washington RBs and OAK WRs.

I have to say I like the prospects of Denarius Moore over the others if he continues to work throughout the off season. Personally, I have them ranked this way:

Moore

Ford

DHB

'forbidden doughnut said:
Someone on Twitter (don't remember who) said that there was a special place in hell for any NE RBs and Washington RBs and OAK WRs.

I have to say I like the prospects of Denarius Moore over the others if he continues to work throughout the off season. Personally, I have them ranked this way:

Moore

Ford

DHB
DHB was a top 10 pick who is posting a very good year in his 3rd year AKA when receivers, on average, start to really "get it". He has posted stats in 11 games. One game after the bye he mysteriously wasn't part of Oaklands game plan getting 1 target and 0 catches. Then next game he got 0 targets. I don't believe anything ever came out about the reason for this but considering he didn't play much in these games, Im comfortable throwing them out for weird circumstances.

In those 11 games, he has posted

51 catches

775 yards

3 TDs

91 targets.

Prorated over 16 games-

74 catches

1127 yards

4 TDs

132 targets

Denarious Moore on the other hand has posted these stats in 11 games:

26 catches

423 yards

4 TDs

61 targets

4 rushes

58 rushing yards

1 TD

There is such a negative stigma on DHB. Everyone laughed when the raiders chose him, the speed guy, over Crabtree. He had a joke of a first year and not much better the second. When you watch him, it really looks like he is finally starting to get it. There is the concern that he essentially got benched for 2 games for an undisclosed reason. He has had a few games where his dropsies have come back. But he looks so much better yet people sleep on him because of all these other overhyped darlings the Raiders have.

Moore was hyped preseason and people get excited because he's a rookie who has posted 2 absolutely HUGE games (5 catches, 146 yards and 1 TD; 5 catches, 123 yards, and 2 TD). In the other 9 games though he has had putrid stats(154 yards in 9 games with 1 TD) which is a cause for concern.

Im not saying Moore is garbage or that DHB will be a savior. I think that DHB has the better overall talent, highest ceiling, and an equal floor to Moore. The fact that people value Ford more than DHB still is a JOKE.

Synopsis: DHB>>Moore>Ford

Feel free to bump this at the end of next year.

I was about to start a thread with the same subject matter since I can't sort out the long term situation.

I like Moore the best of the three, then Ford. I have never been that crazy about DHB and I said in some threads here his rookie year that his upside was James Jett (Raiders WR of the 90's who had been a track star in college) and I still think that is true.

Until we see who emerges I don't think any of them can be counted for anything more than a occasional flex fill-in. I own both Moore and Ford in separate leagues and they represent a dead spot of my roster, can't start them, can't cut them and can't get anything worthwhile in trade because nobody else knows how this is going to play out either.

'forbidden doughnut said:

Moore

Ford

DHB
DHB was a top 10 pick who is posting a very good year in his 3rd year AKA when receivers, on average, start to really "get it". He has posted stats in 11 games. One game after the bye he mysteriously wasn't part of Oaklands game plan getting 1 target and 0 catches. Then next game he got 0 targets. I don't believe anything ever came out about the reason for this but considering he didn't play much in these games, Im comfortable throwing them out for weird circumstances.

In those 11 games, he has posted

51 catches

775 yards

3 TDs

91 targets.

Prorated over 16 games-

74 catches

1127 yards

4 TDs

132 targets

Denarious Moore on the other hand has posted these stats in 11 games:

26 catches

423 yards

4 TDs

61 targets

4 rushes

58 rushing yards

1 TD

There is such a negative stigma on DHB. Everyone laughed when the raiders chose him, the speed guy, over Crabtree. He had a joke of a first year and not much better the second. When you watch him, it really looks like he is finally starting to get it. There is the concern that he essentially got benched for 2 games for an undisclosed reason. He has had a few games where his dropsies have come back. But he looks so much better yet people sleep on him because of all these other overhyped darlings the Raiders have.

Moore was hyped preseason and people get excited because he's a rookie who has posted 2 absolutely HUGE games (5 catches, 146 yards and 1 TD; 5 catches, 123 yards, and 2 TD). In the other 9 games though he has had putrid stats(154 yards in 9 games with 1 TD) which is a cause for concern.

Im not saying Moore is garbage or that DHB will be a savior. I think that DHB has the better overall talent, highest ceiling, and an equal floor to Moore. The fact that people value Ford more than DHB still is a JOKE.

Synopsis: DHB>>Moore>Ford

Feel free to bump this at the end of next year.
:goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
DHB has horrible hands and still can't catch the deep ball. Moore and Ford are about even. Take your pick.

DHB has horrible hands and still can't catch the deep ball. Moore and Ford are about even. Take your pick.
I've compared him before to VJax, but here's another:DHB: 51 catches on 91 targets (56%)

VJax: 56 catches on 103 target (54%)

I've compared him before to VJax, but here's another:DHB: 51 catches on 91 targets (56%)

Wow, that's interesting. I don't quite know what to make of those numbers. Either I'm giving VJax too much credit or DHB not enough.

I've compared him before to VJax, but here's another:DHB: 51 catches on 91 targets (56%) 15.2 ypc

VJax: 56 catches on 103 target (54%) 18.5 ypc
That's one way to look at it, but in my mind a little deceiving.

I haven't seen every target, but I have seen plenty of games from each to assume that Jackson's targets are much deeper (on average) than DHB's this year. DHB has run alot more short/intermediate stuff this year, and it seems like every time a Charger game is on, Jackson is running a go route.

I haven't seen every target, but I have seen plenty of games from each to assume that Jackson's targets are much deeper (on average) than DHB's this year. DHB has run alot more short/intermediate stuff this year, and it seems like every time a Charger game is on, Jackson is running a go route.
:yes: Seems like DHB runs a lot of hitches or quick throws because the corner is off and afraid of his speed.

These numbers are deceiving. How many of these targets were catchable and how many were dropped?

I like Moore the most. Seems to be more committed to "trying". Him Being a rookie, I like that. Hoping Palmer sticks. As I feel consistent QB play makes WRs better.

'Xue said:
'cstu said:

These numbers are deceiving. How many of these targets were catchable and how many were dropped?
I don't know the number of drops, but let me be clear - DHB is nowhere near as effective with his catches as VJax. However, I do think his development is coming along well and the potential is still there for him to be a top 10 WR. It's truly amazing how far he's come since his rookie year.

You guys still down on Moore?
In 16 posts, there has been one person(me) saying DHB is better and one person using the " :goodposting: " sign. Everyone else has Moore #1 so I have no idea what this post is about. All that said, this is one game. Lets just give it some time to play itself out.

Any further thoughts on this issue after yesterday's game? It might still be just a muddled mess. But its a fascinating and important discussion.

If you can some how get 2 of the 3 guys I think you are better off hedging your bets. A year ago everyone considered James Jones well ahead of Jordy Nelson and look how that has worked out. It's just so easy for the other guy to emerge and it is impossible to say now for certain which one of these guys is going to be that guy. I'd be looking to acquire any of the 3 especially Ford who should could be the cheapest right now and could have as much upside as any of them

DHB actually stole an interception from a DB yesterday. I never thought he had the instincts or know-how to do that.

Wow, that's interesting. I don't quite know what to make of those numbers. Either I'm giving VJax too much credit or DHB not enough.
Every year his supporters talk of him being a value pick and this is the year he puts up the numbers. The guy has never scored doubled digit TDs or over 1200 yards in 7 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread