What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

I've also got some long shot/potentially starting WRs I'm taking a look at

DJ Chark
Kendrick Bourne

These are two that come to mind that I have rostered. I may have to cut one or both.
I’d prefer Chark. He’s proven to at least be capable of having some sort of big play impact when paired with a top QB.

Bourne may be the better option in full PPR, but I wouldn’t count on it. With NE drafting a rookie QB, and TWO rookie WR’s? I would expect the younger crown to get all the play that they can handle. Plus, Demario Douglas is there.

Chargers WR has more room for Chark imo.

Check on Pitts in SF, TE premium start 10 ?

All I’ve got is Friermouth and the guy that just drafted Bowers also has Pitts, Ferguson and Kittle.

He’s lighter on promising young WRs and I’m thinking of offering Reed. I’ve got Pittman/Deebo/Olave/Addison/Reed/Gabe and some other bench fillers. I’d be taking Reed from my starting lineup in flex but would then have Pitts and so could fill in a flex with friermouth/Gabe or some RBs like Moss/Brown and Dobbins if he can get fit. I’ve got Kyren and Zamir in my starting RB spots and picked up Corum in rookie draft so if they end up in a split ala Monty/Gibbs could even run out Corum in a flex

Seems like a good chance to take for if Pitts goes upward with the new coaches and QB

Draft dominator has it about level

All I’ve got is Friermouth and the guy that just drafted Bowers also has Pitts, Ferguson and Kittle.

He’s lighter on promising young WRs and I’m thinking of offering Reed. I’ve got Pittman/Deebo/Olave/Addison/Reed/Gabe and some other bench fillers. I’d be taking Reed from my starting lineup in flex but would then have Pitts and so could fill in a flex with friermouth/Gabe or some RBs like Moss/Brown and Dobbins if he can get fit. I’ve got Kyren and Zamir in my starting RB spots and picked up Corum in rookie draft so if they end up in a split ala Monty/Gibbs could even run out Corum in a flex

Seems like a good chance to take for if Pitts goes upward with the new coaches and QB

Like it or not, Pitts still has "generational" attached to his name. He will come at a premium and I suspect you'll need Reed +++ to pull him. If you're a contender, the shark play is probably paying a mid 2nd for Ferguson. He's a young guy who's already proven he can be option 2 on that Dallas offense. Kittle could probably be had for the same price and his upside is outstanding, but he's aging and injury prone.

Like it or not, Pitts still has "generational" attached to his name. He will come at a premium and I suspect you'll need Reed +++ to pull him. If you're a contender, the shark play is probably paying a mid 2nd for Ferguson. He's a young guy who's already proven he can be option 2 on that Dallas offense. Kittle could probably be had for the same price and his upside is outstanding, but he's aging and injury prone.

Low on draft picks and the other guy is a Dallas fan so Ferguson is probs a no goer. Re Pitts we will see, I have floated it to him on whatssap, it wasn’t an immediate no

I’m the losing finalist from last year, I’ve got Allen and Hurts at QB so if Pitts did take off it could really push me over the edge

Low on draft picks and the other guy is a Dallas fan so Ferguson is probs a no goer. Re Pitts we will see, I have floated it to him on whatssap, it wasn’t an immediate no

I’m the losing finalist from last year, I’ve got Allen and Hurts at QB so if Pitts did take off it could really push me over the edge
You’re going to have to give up more than Reed. No one that’s held onto to Pitts this long, would give him away at a discount when his greatest opportunity to breakout is right now.

Maybe I’m lower on Reed than I should be? But I think he’s at best the WR2 on the Packers this year, and that might not even mean much with Wicks improving- along with and improved RB room.

I have Pitts in a similar format, except we aren’t TE-P, and I would not take that for him even in non TE-P.

Reed is not nearly promising enough to land Pitts. He’s arguably the WR3 on the Packers, and their pecking order is a bit fluid. Just 2 years ago people drafted Pitts with a 1st. Would you draft Reed with a rookie 1st right now?

IMO you’d need a Tee Higgins or something like that in a 1:1

And with Cousins coming to town, one could argue that the hype on Pitts is at an all time high since Cousins has a track record of supporting FF TE1s.

I like dynasty dominator, but IMO it’s way off here. KTC has it about 20% in Pitts favor. This is one of those times that trade calcs fail.

Jaylan Warren price check? 1 QB, full PPR.

16 teamer and I need another RB. Not expecting a ton of production until Najee leaves next year. Guy with Warren is asking for Richardson, which would leave me with Kyler and not much else at QB. This is a contract league too and Warren can be kept cheaply indefinitely (quirky rule of the league based on where he was drafted) while Richardson only has two year left and will be really expensive when his contract is up.

Tried offering a 1st next year (later probably) and was shot down.

16 teamer and I need another RB. Not expecting a ton of production until Najee leaves next year. Guy with Warren is asking for Richardson, which would leave me with Kyler and not much else at QB. This is a contract league too and Warren can be kept cheaply indefinitely (quirky rule of the league based on where he was drafted) while Richardson only has two year left and will be really expensive when his contract is up.

I think his value is a little over inflated right now because Najee never gets hurt which will limit his upside, even if Najee does leave it's not like they won't acquire another RB and no matter Warren will turn 27 a few weeks into the 2025 season.

There is a chance he has an Ekeler post-Melvin Gordon late 20's career surgence but I don't like the odds but I'm not going to say anyone buying him for that is crazy.

But for me, if I offered a first and got shot down I'd conclude I made my best offer and move on to another target and I'd not move a QB who can legit be THE Qb1 for him either.

Have not seen him traded in leagues of mine but I can tell you startup ADP since the draft shows him as the meat in a Corum/Wright sandwich which in a sense makes placing his market value relative to rookie picks a little easier. Whatever those two are going for in your leagues seems like a fair price point.

I love Warren. I’ve been beating the Warren drum for a while now. He may or may not be featured next year (I suspect PIT will find a way to extend Najee). And I actually do believe Warren is FF RB2 worthy, a flex play at worst.

And all that said, I wouldn’t give up ARich to get him. One could argue that in 1-QB leagues the rushing unicorns have the most value.

So yeah - love Warren, but you can’t make that move, especially with your lack of depth.

Last edited:

Reed for Pitts if I had Pitts would be an instant reject with no counter.

Addison at the very least would have to be involved to even get the conversation started.

Pitts won’t turn 24 until October and already has a 1000 yard receiving season under his belt, and now going to be playing with easily his best QB he’s ever had. A WR3 in a crowded receiving room shouldn’t even begin to move the needle, especially in Premium.

Would you guys be looking to draft Bowers at 1.05 if you already had pitts and Kincaid on your dynasty roster or would you feel comfortable with those two and look at picking a player at another position at that spot?

Would you guys be looking to draft Bowers at 1.05 if you already had pitts and Kincaid on your dynasty roster or would you feel comfortable with those two and look at picking a player at another position at that spot?
I love Bowers BUT yeah, would probably look at Thomas, Brooks or Worthy depending on your current roster strengths. Would also look at trading down a few spots but you have probably tried that already.

I love Bowers BUT yeah, would probably look at Thomas, Brooks or Worthy depending on your current roster strengths. Would also look at trading down a few spots but you have probably tried that already.
Basically I’ve been searching for one guy I can write in weekly at that position for the next ten years and not worry about it and I’m not convinced yet that either pitts or Kincaid is that guy yet

Basically I’ve been searching for one guy I can write in weekly at that position for the next ten years and not worry about it and I’m not convinced yet that either pitts or Kincaid is that guy yet
Until the Raiders get a real QB, Bowers won’t be that guy either (I drafted him when he fell to 7 in 1 QB).

Good luck on whatever you decide 🍻

Tried offering a 1st next year (later probably) and was shot down
Agree with @menobrown - that’s a totally reasonable offer. I’d adjust your sights to a player attainable for that price. You shot your shot. Why overpay?
If I already had Kincaid & Pitts I’d be looking to move back a spot. Or I’d draft Bowers and immediately be shopping a TE.

In a 12 team PPR SF

Team A gave 1.02

team B gave Devonte smith and 1.06.

Thoughts on potential value?
I’d rather take a shot on Harrison being “the one”, but I can’t fault team A. It’s a great value - gonna be potentially Bowers or a top WR there. Smith is a nice pull, so if they have a need for multiple players it’s not a bad move.

If it's like FFPC, TEP and you can start 3 of them then absolutely without question. If it's just single PPR I'd probably go another direction even if I just had one of them.

If it's like FFPC, TEP and you can start 3 of them then absolutely without question. If it's just single PPR I'd probably go another direction even if I just had one of them.
I can start two at most but that wouldn’t ever happen unless catastrophe hit my WR core (JJ, Chase, AJB, Garrett Wilson, waddle, pick 1.01 (Harrison)) and non ppr

I can start two at most but that wouldn’t ever happen unless catastrophe hit my WR core (JJ, Chase, AJB, Garrett Wilson, waddle, pick 1.01 (Harrison)) and non ppr
In that case I’d be looking to move back a spot if team 1.07 is willing. You’d gain something & give up nothing. Win win.

I try to not be overly concerned about adding the best prospect to the strongest positional strength to my team. If you are much higher on Bowers than the others I would take him. Things change fast and you can always trade one of those guys during the season for a premium if a team is lacking. Trading back in a perfect world is an option, but in my league it doesn’t always pan out as easy as it should. I would wait until you are on the clock and if not settled on Bowers see if someone with a TE deficiency wants to move up, if not take your top guy if there is a big talent tier break for you between them.

It doesn't seem like you need the pick at all. Maybe donate it to someone else.

12 team SF.

Would you trade Fields for McConkey + an early 2025 2nd (top 4 guaranteed)?

QBs are ARich, Levis, Minshew, Fields so not exactly awesome depth

12 team SF.

Would you trade Fields for McConkey + an early 2025 2nd (top 4 guaranteed)?

QBs are ARich, Levis, Minshew, Fields so not exactly awesome depth
Probably yes. I guess it depends on what you think of the rest of your team. Are loaded everywhere else and feelikg if you can patch together QB you can win it all? If that's the case, I would keep Fields and be looking to buy at QB. If your team is middle of the road, I think I sell to buid for the future.

Probably yes. I guess it depends on what you think of the rest of your team. Are loaded everywhere else and feelikg if you can patch together QB you can win it all? If that's the case, I would keep Fields and be looking to buy at QB. If your team is middle of the road, I think I sell to buid for the future.
Pretty loaded everywhere - just traded for Levis, so potentially 3 starters in Levis, ARich & Minshew.

But only ARich has Fields upside.

I’m so on the fence. I feel like there’s such a high ceiling if Fields wins the job in camp or takes over at some point & becomes the lmm Iong-term starter.

At the same time, my WRs are ARSB, AJB, Higgins, with Gabe Davis, Mike Williams, & Bateman for depth. So getting a WR would help me a lot.

Pretty loaded everywhere - just traded for Levis, so potentially 3 starters in Levis, ARich & Minshew.
I have been seeing this line of thinking on various social media and hearing it on podcasts. I do not believe Minshew will be the starter, unless AOC completely soils the bed.

AP has stated AOC is the starter, not Minshew. I believe AOC will be given a long leash so the team can if he can play. The case for AOC is that the team went 5-5 in games he started. For a rookie, he had a decent completion rate (62%), a decent TD rate (3.5%) and was not prone to TOs.

Proceed accordingly.

I have been seeing this line of thinking on various social media and hearing it on podcasts. I do not believe Minshew will be the starter, unless AOC completely soils the bed.

AP has stated AOC is the starter, not Minshew. I believe AOC will be given a long leash so the team can if he can play. The case for AOC is that the team went 5-5 in games he started. For a rookie, he had a decent completion rate (62%), a decent TD rate (3.5%) and was not prone to TOs.

Proceed accordingly.
That’s why I said potentially.

I hear what you’re saying, and I concede it’s possible.

On the other hand, they did give Minshew $15M guaranteed, which seems like starter $ to me.

And…if it’s a battle in camp, I think Minshew wins it. He’s not an all-time great, but he’s more polished than AOC, and makes for a good bridge QB, which many believed he’d be when they made him a priority FA signing.

would anyone like to give their opinion on these rookies?

Irving, Bucky TBB RB
Estime, Audric DEN RB
Davis, Ray BUF RB
Tracy, Tyrone NYG RB
Vidal, Kimani LAC RB

I'm on deck and then have the next two picks

Irving, Bucky TBB RB
Estime, Audric DEN RB
Davis, Ray BUF RB
Tracy, Tyrone NYG RB
Vidal, Kimani LAC RB

I like Estime’s potential situation.
Irving lacks prototypical size, likely in a committee
Ray Davis you’re hoping he’s thunder to Cook’s lightning
Vidal has a chance in a murky RB room. Long term at least.
Tracy - read his best metrics came from basically 1 game. I’m out.

If I get 2 I take Estime + Davis or Estime+Vidal

Irving, Bucky TBB RB
Estime, Audric DEN RB
Davis, Ray BUF RB
Tracy, Tyrone NYG RB
Vidal, Kimani LAC RB

thanks!

I thought Tracy might have the best path to touches? But you're not impressed with his skills?
Irving is 5'10", 195#. Too light?
I like Vidal, but wonder why he lasted until 6th round?

Irving, Bucky TBB RB
Estime, Audric DEN RB
Davis, Ray BUF RB
Tracy, Tyrone NYG RB
Vidal, Kimani LAC RB

thanks!

I thought Tracy might have the best path to touches? But you're not impressed with his skills?
Tracy is the guy I'd go with.

But you're not impressed with his skills?
I read an article today (can’t find the link dang it) comparing all the rookie backs.

The YAC & broken tackle rates (and some other acronyms I can’t remember) for Tracy were reportedly skewed by 1 big game. But I haven’t watched much of his play tbh. I actually like his size/weight.

And yeah, 5’10 195 for Irving is a little undersized. And White is there, and has shown flashes.

Irving, Bucky TBB RB
Estime, Audric DEN RB
Davis, Ray BUF RB
Tracy, Tyrone NYG RB
Vidal, Kimani LAC RB

thanks!

thanks! Any insights you can share?

Who'd be your #2?

Irving, Bucky TBB RB
Estime, Audric DEN RB
Davis, Ray BUF RB
Tracy, Tyrone NYG RB
Vidal, Kimani LAC RB

thanks!

thanks! Any insights you can share?

Who'd be your #2?
On a phone at airport, got to be brief when I say his workout numbers, metrics and path. Tony Pollard/David Johnson type of upside, which I know are very different but that class of potential.

Vidal would be next.

I can get behind an argument that Ray Davis is the guy most likely to have a role. But I’m hard pressed to see him supplanting Cook, and like Tracey he’s old.

Estime is probably the most intriguing to me. Hand picked for the scheme and current regime has no ties to Javonte.

Yes please.
You said Irving profiled as a JAG, but Estime could very well be a JAG as well if his combine is any indication. He’s going late in rookie drafts and there could be a reason for that. I have a couple of shares, but I’m not holding my breath.

Irving, Bucky TBB RB
Estime, Audric DEN RB
Davis, Ray BUF RB
Tracy, Tyrone NYG RB
Vidal, Kimani LAC RB

I think Vidal is being undervalued and he tops my list by quite a bit in that group. You have a shaky depth chart, huge armed threat at quarterback, bolstered oline, and a team that wants to run the ball more than any other team in the NFL. Vidal is in a great position.

I don't get the Bucky Irving hype. Profiles as a JAG to me and he's not getting the pass catching work over White.
Keep seeing people say this too, that Irving’s strength is his pass-catching. And while that is true, White is already a top 3 pass-catching back in the league. People expect him to be better than that?

Seems more like what the Rams were thinking when they drafted Corum, where is White goes down they have a guy they can still run the same offense through.

Estime is probably the most intriguing to me. Hand picked for the scheme and current regime has no ties to Javonte.

Yes please.
I agree Estime is a good late round target. I picked him up 3.04
Reports from Denver that Javonte has "lost a step" or has not returned to his pre-injury self are slowly making it out.
"IF True", than Estime is in a prime spot under HC Sean Payton ... who has been saying positive this from OTAs on Estime.

Vidal is another target who offers potential due to circumstances, but he is still behind both Gus & Dobbins

Yes please.
Reports from Denver that Javonte has "lost a step" or has not returned to his pre-injury self are slowly making it out.
"IF True", than Estime is in a prime spot under HC Sean Payton ... who has been saying positive this from OTAs on Estime.

Vidal is another target who offers potential due to circumstances, but he is still behind both Gus & Dobbins
Got a link from a credible source saying Javonte Williams isn’t returning to his pre- injury form?

Yes please.

Got a link from a credible source saying Javonte Williams isn’t returning to his pre- injury form?
It is not a "direct" lost a step quote, but if you look at his contract, new regime and the fact they said he was "100% Totally healthy last season" and did not do that well.

From Draft Network:
It was a devastating setback that immediately threatened to derail Williams' career. Williams returned in 2023 to a new staff led by head coach Sean Payton. Williams appeared in 16 games but rushed for just 774 yards and three touchdowns. His 3.6 yards per carry average was a personal-low mark, and he wasn’t a great fit in Payton’s offense.

General manager George Paton selected former Notre Dame running back Audric Estime with a fifth-round pick in the 2024 NFL Draft. Estime is a pro-ready ball-carrier that rushed for 1,341 yards and 18 touchdowns this past season. Estime will carve out a role for himself.

Williams was drafted by Paton, but Vic Fangio was Denver's head coach then. The duo of Paton and Payton collaborated on the additions of Perine, McLaughlin, and Estime. That could make Williams the odd man out in a crowded rotation.

Releasing Williams wouldn't necessarily be financially rewarding, although it's not preventative either. The Broncos would save $1.8 million while inheriting a manageable dead cap charge of $951,955. You wonder if Williams' name gets floated in summer trade discussions. Perine is another underrated potential cap casualty, with $3 million available in savings via a release.

From Fantasy Pros
Javonte Williams looked like a shelf of his former self in the first season. Yes, I know this was his first season coming off a devastating knee injury, but it still wasn't pretty. Volume wasn't the issue for the RB31 last season, as he rolled up 264 touches, but his efficiency numbers were scary. Among 49 qualifying backs last season, he ranked 41st in missed tackles forced per attempt and 33rd in yards after contact per attempt. Williams also was 55th in fantasy points per opportunity and 53rd in yards per touch. Could he bounce back in 2024 and look more like the eventual stud we saw in 2021 and 2022? Sure, it's possible. Is it also possible that a back with a 40th percentile speed score and 72nd percentile burst score never regains his former juice? Yep. Williams looks entrenched as Denver's early down guy, but don't be surprised if Jaleel McLaughlin eats into his carries more this season and capsizes his pass-game usage. Williams is an RB2/3.

ETA: Cecil Lammey & Andrew Mason video - quote: "I do not think he will ever be the same"

Last edited:

Yes please.

It is not a "direct" lost a step quote, but if you look at his contract, new regime and the fact they said he was "100% Totally healthy last season" and did not do that well.

From Draft Network:
It was a devastating setback that immediately threatened to derail Williams' career. Williams returned in 2023 to a new staff led by head coach Sean Payton. Williams appeared in 16 games but rushed for just 774 yards and three touchdowns. His 3.6 yards per carry average was a personal-low mark, and he wasn’t a great fit in Payton’s offense.

General manager George Paton selected former Notre Dame running back Audric Estime with a fifth-round pick in the 2024 NFL Draft. Estime is a pro-ready ball-carrier that rushed for 1,341 yards and 18 touchdowns this past season. Estime will carve out a role for himself.

Williams was drafted by Paton, but Vic Fangio was Denver's head coach then. The duo of Paton and Payton collaborated on the additions of Perine, McLaughlin, and Estime. That could make Williams the odd man out in a crowded rotation.

Releasing Williams wouldn't necessarily be financially rewarding, although it's not preventative either. The Broncos would save $1.8 million while inheriting a manageable dead cap charge of $951,955. You wonder if Williams' name gets floated in summer trade discussions. Perine is another underrated potential cap casualty, with $3 million available in savings via a release.

From Fantasy Pros
Javonte Williams looked like a shelf of his former self in the first season. Yes, I know this was his first season coming off a devastating knee injury, but it still wasn't pretty. Volume wasn't the issue for the RB31 last season, as he rolled up 264 touches, but his efficiency numbers were scary. Among 49 qualifying backs last season, he ranked 41st in missed tackles forced per attempt and 33rd in yards after contact per attempt. Williams also was 55th in fantasy points per opportunity and 53rd in yards per touch. Could he bounce back in 2024 and look more like the eventual stud we saw in 2021 and 2022? Sure, it's possible. Is it also possible that a back with a 40th percentile speed score and 72nd percentile burst score never regains his former juice? Yep. Williams looks entrenched as Denver's early down guy, but don't be surprised if Jaleel McLaughlin eats into his carries more this season and capsizes his pass-game usage. Williams is an RB2/3.
Not 100% last season and this season are two completely different things. Nothing in that means he won’t be like he was or will be, just conjecture. Being another year removed from that injury is a good thing. We will see won’t we.

Users who are viewing this thread