What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (13 Viewers)

No one is paying a first right now for Evans
He was traded straight up for Keon Coleman in a league of mine this weekend, and Coleman was taken with the 6th pick.
Yeah, I have Evans as easily worth a 2025 1st. He’s Mr Consistent for production & he’s played through the soft tissue injuries that have plagued him at times. Set it and forget it 1000 yard season, and upside for TDs as a big, sure-handed RZ target.

What’s not to like?
Maybe that he'll be 31 before the season starts? Love Evans, but I'm not sure I'd give a mid or even a low 24 first for him. MAYBE a 2025 1st if I know it's going to be late.
If you are that confident your team is so good the pick will be late in 2025 why would you need to give up a future asset to win now?
It depends. Could be a way to block another competitor from getting a solid 24 asset. Could be to add depth at the trade deadline to increase chances of winning the 'ship. There are all kinds of reason where it makes sense to trade for a 24/25 asset with a solid roster already in place.
Big difference between paying that future 1st NOW vs. at the deadline when you know you are a playoff team but could use a WR.

As Meno said, if your team is that good, you don't need him anyway. If it's not, I'm doubting Evans is the missing piece between maybe missing the playoffs and a title.

Rather not risk the possibility of dealing a high future 1st(especially in FFPC format where even good teams can get the #1).

Plus you hamstring yourself a bit if you get hit with the injury bug and/or underperforming where you are almost forced to keep "going for it" rather than trade vets for future assets.

If Evans was a year or two younger, sure.

He was traded straight up for Keon Coleman in a league of mine this weekend, and Coleman was taken with the 6th pick.
Yeah, I have Evans as easily worth a 2025 1st. He’s Mr Consistent for production & he’s played through the soft tissue injuries that have plagued him at times. Set it and forget it 1000 yard season, and upside for TDs as a big, sure-handed RZ target.

What’s not to like?
Maybe that he'll be 31 before the season starts? Love Evans, but I'm not sure I'd give a mid or even a low 24 first for him. MAYBE a 2025 1st if I know it's going to be late.
If you are that confident your team is so good the pick will be late in 2025 why would you need to give up a future asset to win now?
It depends. Could be a way to block another competitor from getting a solid 24 asset. Could be to add depth at the trade deadline to increase chances of winning the 'ship. There are all kinds of reason where it makes sense to trade for a 24/25 asset with a solid roster already in place.
Big difference between paying that future 1st NOW vs. at the deadline when you know you are a playoff team but could use a WR.

As Meno said, if your team is that good, you don't need him anyway. If it's not, I'm doubting Evans is the missing piece between maybe missing the playoffs and a title.

Rather not risk the possibility of dealing a high future 1st(especially in FFPC format where even good teams can get the #1).

Plus you hamstring yourself a bit if you get hit with the injury bug and/or underperforming where you are almost forced to keep "going for it" rather than trade vets for future assets.

Given his age and productivity, he’s kind of the perfect subject for this discussion in terms of value, and whether he would be worth the risk since more than likely it’s the last possible window you could get a first round pick for him. Even if he has another very productive year this year, I don’t see anyone giving a first in his age 31 season.

What’s not to like?

Given his age and productivity, he’s kind of the perfect subject for this discussion in terms of value, and whether he would be worth the risk since more than likely it’s the last possible window you could get a first round pick for him. Even if he has another very productive year this year, I don’t see anyone giving a first in his age 31 season.
Weirdly, if he was my #3 WR on a good team, I might not trade him for a future 1st......unless I thought it had a decent chance to be high.

I will say this as another point regarding Evans. I will sometimes get comments about waiting to extract more value. I do attempt this near the playoff push, but other times if there is an offer on the table I sometimes just accept it instead of holding out for hopes of getting more later.

I will say this as another point regarding Evans. I will sometimes get comments about waiting to extract more value. I do attempt this near the playoff push, but other times if there is an offer on the table I sometimes just accept it instead of holding out for hopes of getting more later.
That is a good point. The bird in the hand is often worth more than two in the bush. I’ll also say this… There was about a two-year span when you couldn’t give away Mike Evans. The perception was that he was playing over his skis with his thousand yards seasons, he had Jameis Winston as his quarterback, and he had seemingly chronic hamstring injuries. The dude was somewhat toxic in talks. Only after he put up a really good year Was I able to get a first round pick for him for a rebuilding team.

Of course that was the year before Brady got there. FML.

Out of all the potential RB2s in this rookie class, who has the best shot to become something similar to a RB1? Irving, Davis, Estime, Vidal, Shipley or Milton. Allen?
Or is it pretty much pick a name out of hat with all those guys?
I like two. Etime and Irving.

Estime is a good back who will absolutely take over the lead roll if Javonte faulters. Dude is a 5'11", 227lb wrecking ball. His slow-ish 40 at the combine is in contrast to his burst and speed on the field. He won't ever be a track star, but he's fast enough to get into the 2nd level and bowl over any DB trying to get in his way.

Irving was super productive last year at Oregon in both the run and pass game. I think he'll take over for Rachaad White at some point (assuming he can step in and handle pass protection) before the end of the season. White, TO ME, has been super inefficient in rushing and catching turning 272 rushes into 990 yards (~3.6YPC) and to a lesser extent, 64 catches into 549 yards (8.6 ypc average). The Bucs committed to upgrading the IOL and that can do nothing but help whichever RB holds down the lead back role.

Both of these situations depend more on PRODUCTION of the heir apparent than injury and that's what I look for in a rookie who's slotted as the RB2.
I ended up getting both of them. Not unhappy about it.

Team A gives 1.01 and 2.01
Team B gives Chase

Team A gives Mike Evans and Isiah Likely
Team B (me gives) 2.05 and 2025 2nd
Yeah, I wouldn’t accept those either. Evans showing no sign of slowing down, and Likely the heir apparent to Andrews.

And going from Chase to MH2 for a 2nd doesn’t seem worth it.
Interesting. I sort of get turning down my offer, but if I had the 1.01 I’d jump at the chance to get Chase. Heck, he just turned 24. What the heck are you expecting from MH2?
If I'm the worst team in the league and I have Evans I'm unloading him. I have a soft spot for Likely so he's a bit of a hold for me but if I was that team I would likely do the trade but try to squeeze out maybe a 3rd out of you or a low hanging RB. Maybe see if I can get 1 more small piece but I'm 100% trying to unload Evans for younger players/picks.

As for the 1.01 deal - if this is SF I'm drafting Caleb. If not it is a tough one for me. With me being the worst team I might just roll with MHJ who is 2.5 years younger than Chase. I assume these are 2024 picks? There are some very nice pieces available at 2.01 (in SuperFlex) where it does make it close.
Most calcs / charts, while not the end-all/be-all, have Evans worth a random 2025 1st.

Were I the Evans owner I would be unlikely to accept a 2.05 for him. He’s the kinda dude who easily nets you a future 1st at the deadline to a contenting team.

I do roster Likely, and if I had depth at TE I would do a 2.05 for Likely, but in this case it’s a 2025 2nd for Likely. I’d probably still that though, sure. No issue there.

But the Evans part would be a smash reject, then counter for a 2025 1st + 2nd for Evans + Likely.
He came back with:
His: Evans and Likely
For my 2024 2.05 and 2.06

I also own Andrews so Likely is a great backup plan.

I think I’m going to accept. Thoughts?

Team B gives Chase

Yeah, I wouldn’t accept those either. Evans showing no sign of slowing down, and Likely the heir apparent to Andrews.

Interesting. I sort of get turning down my offer, but if I had the 1.01 I’d jump at the chance to get Chase. Heck, he just turned 24. What the heck are you expecting from MH2?
If I'm the worst team in the league and I have Evans I'm unloading him. I have a soft spot for Likely so he's a bit of a hold for me but if I was that team I would likely do the trade but try to squeeze out maybe a 3rd out of you or a low hanging RB. Maybe see if I can get 1 more small piece but I'm 100% trying to unload Evans for younger players/picks.

As for the 1.01 deal - if this is SF I'm drafting Caleb. If not it is a tough one for me. With me being the worst team I might just roll with MHJ who is 2.5 years younger than Chase. I assume these are 2024 picks? There are some very nice pieces available at 2.01 (in SuperFlex) where it does make it close.
Most calcs / charts, while not the end-all/be-all, have Evans worth a random 2025 1st.

Were I the Evans owner I would be unlikely to accept a 2.05 for him. He’s the kinda dude who easily nets you a future 1st at the deadline to a contenting team.

I do roster Likely, and if I had depth at TE I would do a 2.05 for Likely, but in this case it’s a 2025 2nd for Likely. I’d probably still that though, sure. No issue there.

But the Evans part would be a smash reject, then counter for a 2025 1st + 2nd for Evans + Likely.
He came back with:

That can be a good package. I would take it

Team B gives Chase

He came back with:

Screw it. I accepted.

It’s championship time (12 team PPR, start 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex), NO SF, NO TE premium. Key players:

QB: Herbert (Stafford, Rodgers)

RB: Saquon, Henry, Achane, (Mostert)

WR: ARSB, Adams, Kupp, Evans, Ridley, JSN, Wicks, Douglas

TE: Andrews, Likely, Conklin

Team B gives Chase

He came back with:

Screw it. I accepted.

It’s championship time (12 team PPR, start 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex), NO SF, NO TE premium. Key players:

QB: Herbert (Stafford, Rodgers)

RB: Saquon, Henry, Achane, (Mostert)

WR: ARSB, Adams, Kupp, Evans, Ridley, JSN, Wicks, Douglas

TE: Andrews, Likely, Conklin
I think it’s an extremely reasonable investment. Sorry, somehow I thought you were on the side selling Evans & Likely. Been a long day.

Good price, talented players. Might have to wait a year for a return on Likely, but if/when Andrews is gone, he’s gonna be a very valuable asset.

Nice job.

Out of all the potential RB2s in this rookie class, who has the best shot to become something similar to a RB1? Irving, Davis, Estime, Vidal, Shipley or Milton. Allen?
Or is it pretty much pick a name out of hat with all those guys?
I like two. Etime and Irving.

Estime is a good back who will absolutely take over the lead roll if Javonte faulters. Dude is a 5'11", 227lb wrecking ball. His slow-ish 40 at the combine is in contrast to his burst and speed on the field. He won't ever be a track star, but he's fast enough to get into the 2nd level and bowl over any DB trying to get in his way.

Irving was super productive last year at Oregon in both the run and pass game. I think he'll take over for Rachaad White at some point (assuming he can step in and handle pass protection) before the end of the season. White, TO ME, has been super inefficient in rushing and catching turning 272 rushes into 990 yards (~3.6YPC) and to a lesser extent, 64 catches into 549 yards (8.6 ypc average). The Bucs committed to upgrading the IOL and that can do nothing but help whichever RB holds down the lead back role.

Both of these situations depend more on PRODUCTION of the heir apparent than injury and that's what I look for in a rookie who's slotted as the RB2.
I ended up getting both of them. Not unhappy about it.
Last 2 years in the 5th rd of my draft i got Nico Collins and Puca Nacua. This year, Ryan Flournoy. Can lightening strike 3 times in a row???? :shades:

What % of a $1000 FAAB budget would you spend on Quentin Johnston in a 16 team PPR league?
I'd take a flyer on 8-10%. That WR room isn't stellar and someone has to get targets. The hope is that he's worked on his hands A LOT over the offseason.
I was thinking 10-15%, so I appreciate that.

I’ve been as low on QJ as anyone on this forum (lower, probably) but he shouldn’t be dropped in a 16-team league IMO. It’s been 1 season and they just let Allen & Williams go.

I think it’s worth a few shekels to find out if he can improve to “BYE week filler” caliber.

What % of a $1000 FAAB budget would you spend on Quentin Johnston in a 16 team PPR league?
I'd take a flyer on 8-10%. That WR room isn't stellar and someone has to get targets. The hope is that he's worked on his hands A LOT over the offseason.

I’ve been as low on QJ as anyone on this forum (lower, probably) but he shouldn’t be dropped in a 16-team league IMO. It’s been 1 season and they just let Allen & Williams go.

I think it’s worth a few shekels to find out if he can improve to “BYE week filler” caliber.
I’d absolutely throw $100 at a 2nd year, 1st round rookie draft pick.

Who else you gonna spend that on as a bye week flyer? Zay Jones? ;)

Wow, remember when 3rd year WR breakout was the norm?

Now a 1st round NFL draft pick drafted into a crowded WR room slots in as the lead option with a great fantasy QB going into year 2 when the team gets rid of both their starting WRs ahead of him, and we're talking about whether we'd take him for free or not :oops:

If you have to bid now, IDK, $100 max. But if you wait until before week 1 of NFL, then obviously see how he is doing, maybe go up to $250, or down to like $15.
Also depends on how good/bad your WRs are.

I'd be prepared to bid 25%+.

But I dunno what your waiver wire looks like. Given the fact the best player on mine right now is KJ Hamler then a 2nd year 1st round WR with an obvious route to targets with a top QB looks like a nugget of gold in a heap of turd. And I also, quite happily, sold QJ quite recently in a package trade.

But I dunno what your waiver wire looks like. Given the fact the best player on mine right now is KJ Hamler then a 2nd year 1st round WR with an obvious route to targets with a top QB looks like a nugget of gold in a heap of turd. And I also, quite happily, sold QJ quite recently in a package trade.
16 teams, 50 man rosters (currently expanded to 60) + 10 taxi + 10 IR.

Hamler is rostered in my league. That’s how barren the WR wire is.

I put in a bid of 26% thinking if he’s worth 10-15%, someone else will bid that.

I’m actually kinda ticked at the owner who dropped him. If I knew he was available for nothing I woulda thrown a late round pick at him.

I put in a bid of 26% thinking if he’s worth 10-15%, someone else will bid that.

I’m actually kinda ticked at the owner who dropped him. If I knew he was available for nothing I woulda thrown a late round pick at him.
Yeah, with that league and roster size…50% of my FAAB easily. You will not find a prospect CLOSE to QJ on the wire.

If your league is that deep I wouldn't hate emptying the clip for QJ
Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if someone did that either. Be interested to hear what it ends up at.
I’ll follow up. Maybe it’ll be me emptying the clip. Hey, I bet another $1k next year, right?
;)

Thing is, it’s immediately post-draft, and the owner who dumped him did it in a bulk dump with 7 scrubs to clear roster space.

So there’s a chance others don’t notice. QJ
doesn’t pop on any filter - I think he’s 6 down if you just sort by WR ~> veteran. Add rookies & he’s not in the top 10 players listed. Add other positions and he’s waaaaay down the list.

So 50%+ should get it done. I’m pretty reckless though. I may bid more.
:pickle:

If your league is that deep I wouldn't hate emptying the clip for QJ
Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if someone did that either. Be interested to hear what it ends up at.
I’ll follow up. Maybe it’ll be me emptying the clip. Hey, I bet another $1k next year, right?
;)

Thing is, it’s immediately post-draft, and the owner who dumped him did it in a bulk dump with 7 scrubs to clear roster space.

So there’s a chance others don’t notice. QJ
doesn’t pop on any filter - I think he’s 6 down if you just sort by WR ~> veteran. Add rookies & he’s not in the top 10 players listed. Add other positions and he’s waaaaay down the list.

So 50%+ should get it done. I’m pretty reckless though. I may bid more.
:pickle:
In a 16 team league, someone besides you noticed for sure unless they’re totally checked out in the off-season.

If you use all your $ now, do you get to make “free” free agent moves during the season after blind bid waivers run? Or is your roster basically “locked” besides trade moves?

If you use all your $ now, do you get to make “free” free agent moves during the season after blind bid waivers run? Or is your roster basically “locked” besides trade moves?
We can bid 1 cent. I think we can bid $0 as well.
If you can bid $0, then you might as well go for it with QJ and you can still make emergency FA moves if injuries hit hard and you need a scrub to plug in. 2 cents.

If you can bid $0, then you might as well go for it with QJ and you can still make emergency FA moves if injuries hit hard and you need a scrub to plug in. 2 cents.
If injuries hit hard I’m selling all my olds for future draft picks. ;)

Maybe I’ll go 75%. There are a couple other dudes I’d like to bid on, too.

Would you be OK exiting the 1st round of this rookie draft with MHJ and Bowers on a SF rebuild knowing your QBs are Jared Goff and Sam Howell? I decided to take MHJ with the 1.02 and now Bowers AND Odunze are sitting at my second 1st rounder (1.07). My hope was that JJM would fall to me, but he went 1.04. I'm tempted to just go BPA here, snag Bowers and suffer through the consequences this season.

ETA - I suppose I could take Nix or Penix here, but that seems awful high.

Would you be OK exiting the 1st round of this rookie draft with MHJ and Bowers on a SF rebuild knowing your QBs are Jared Goff and Sam Howell? I decided to take MHJ with the 1.02 and now Bowers AND Odunze are sitting at my second 1st rounder (1.07). My hope was that JJM would fall to me, but he went 1.04. I'm tempted to just go BPA here, snag Bowers and suffer through the consequences this season.

Howell. Sheesh…

If you take Penix, can you work a trade for Cousins on the cheap to lock down the ATL QB (for better or worse ;) )

Howell. Sheesh…

If you take Penix, can you work a trade for Cousins on the cheap to lock down the ATL QB (for better or worse ;) )
LOL. I'm not really interested in Penix, but Nix is someone I could be happy taking. The question is do I reach for Nix at 1.07 while the talent of Odunze and Bowers is still on the board? The old "draft for need or draft for talent" debate...

Howell. Sheesh…

LOL. I'm not really interested in Penix, but Nix is someone I could be happy taking. The question is do I reach for Nix at 1.07 while the talent of Odunze and Bowers is still on the board? The old "draft for need or draft for talent" debate...
Those are 2 top tier rookies so I get your dilemma.
Bottom line: TALENT.

And hopefully you can trade for a stop gap QB if you need to.

Only problem is QJ can't catch

Hi 👋. I’m lower lol.

That is a problem.

But

Maybe he can. :shrug:

Gamble some FAAB that costs nothing to find out.

That is a problem.

But

Maybe he can. :shrug:

Gamble some FAAB that costs nothing to find out.
Yeah if all it cost is FAAB to see how a guy may look in his second year after being drafted in the first, you’d be doing yourself a disservice not at least taking the flyer. Worth it for sure and I think the guy stinks. When else would you get that opportunity to spend only FAAB to see if a first rounder may improve in only his second year.

Remove the name and only look at the situation and I’m bidding every time if it doesn’t cost me more than FAAB.

Remove the name and only look at the situation and I’m bidding every time if it doesn’t cost me more than FAAB.
Every single time.

If nothing else, maybe the chargers figure out how to better use him. But because of his draft capital, he’s going to get chances to succeed.

All-in. I’d bid 100% in a dynasty. Most FA pickups in a league that size end up worthless. Using it on the 2nd year 1st round NFL draft pick a no brainer.

I originally was going to post this in the rookie draft threads, but it's more useful to me here.

Looking at the Zealots ADP. If you look at the ADP column, the story that this particular format (1 QB) is telling me is that there is a tier break after the top 12.

Daniels/Caleb
Brooks/Benson
MHJ/Nabers/Odunze/Thomas/Worthy/McConkey/Coleman
Bowers

All have an ADP of 11 or better. Then there's EIGHT dudes with an ADP no better than 16, and no worse than 19.7. And THEN a 4 spot drop off to Roman WIlson. So another tier break.

I always have my own tiers, but knowing which way the wind is blowing is crucial, especially in making a trade. I have 9 and 12 (AHEM) in one league, and if I have a shot at my LEAST favorite of the 12 is the only one left, I have to assume someone else has him ranked higher than me. Let's say all those guys go, in whatever order, before me at 12. And Trey Benson is the one available. And I don't want him. I will assume I can make a better deal for this player, than the guy picking at 13 can get for any other player available.

Drafting in that 11-14 area, if one isn't in love with the options, should go fishing.

Also, 2nd rounds are going to be wild. Legette could go 11, or 20. AD Mithcell could go 12 or 24. Lot of fun.

I originally was going to post this in the rookie draft threads, but it's more useful to me here.

Looking at the Zealots ADP. If you look at the ADP column, the story that this particular format (1 QB) is telling me is that there is a tier break after the top 12.

Daniels/Caleb
Brooks/Benson
MHJ/Nabers/Odunze/Thomas/Worthy/McConkey/Coleman
Bowers

All have an ADP of 11 or better. Then there's EIGHT dudes with an ADP no better than 16, and no worse than 19.7. And THEN a 4 spot drop off to Roman WIlson. So another tier break.

I always have my own tiers, but knowing which way the wind is blowing is crucial, especially in making a trade. I have 9 and 12 (AHEM) in one league, and if I have a shot at my LEAST favorite of the 12 is the only one left, I have to assume someone else has him ranked higher than me. Let's say all those guys go, in whatever order, before me at 12. And Trey Benson is the one available. And I don't want him. I will assume I can make a better deal for this player, than the guy picking at 13 can get for any other player available.

Drafting in that 11-14 area, if one isn't in love with the options, should go fishing.

Also, 2nd rounds are going to be wild. Legette could go 11, or 20. AD Mithcell could go 12 or 24. Lot of fun.
Sorry, was there a question in here somewhere, GB? :oldunsure:

If you don’t like the options at 12, definitely trade back. Maybe even trade out for future picks. Could probably pick up a 3rd to drop back 2/3 spots. In my experience the teams picking at 3-4-5-6 will often move their early 2nd for a late 1st. It’s a long time between picks for them. :shrug:

But yeah - not exactly sure where you’re going with this.

But if you just gonna make me feel bad, I'll just leave. 😥
No no, not my intent at all.

I was just looking to see if I’d missed something - I wanted to engage in the discussion with you but I wasn’t sure what discussion there was to have. It sounded like you had it figured out.

I agree that it’s best to move back if you have a large tier of similarly valued players.

Users who are viewing this thread