What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

So I’ve been offered Jonathan Taylor for my Brandon Aiyuk. Phenomenal young team, I just won the championship last year in the first year emerging from a rebuild. It’s a 10 Man, Start 11, 2QB PPR league, 1.5 TE premium.

This is my current starting lineup:

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

Also have Jordan Addison and Zay Flowers at WR.

Do I make this swap? My fear is that it’d basically be a lateral move and then I’m just swapping a WR for a RB that’s essentially the same age and I’m taking on more injury risk. If JT stays healthy, however, I think he has a higher ceiling than Aiyuk. Is a WR room of Tee, Nico, DK, Flowers and Addison good enough when I have the studs that I do at RB? Rolling out Bijan, Gibbs, and JT every week would just be filthy.

I may can get him to sweeten it a little with something like a 3rd, but he’s not going to do much more than that.
I think I’d keep Aiyuk for that.

So I’ve been offered Jonathan Taylor for my Brandon Aiyuk. Phenomenal young team, I just won the championship last year in the first year emerging from a rebuild. It’s a 10 Man, Start 11, 2QB PPR league, 1.5 TE premium.

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

Do I make this swap? My fear is that it’d basically be a lateral move and then I’m just swapping a WR for a RB that’s essentially the same age and I’m taking on more injury risk. If JT stays healthy, however, I think he has a higher ceiling than Aiyuk. Is a WR room of Tee, Nico, DK, Flowers and Addison good enough when I have the studs that I do at RB? Rolling out Bijan, Gibbs, and JT every week would just be filthy.

I may can get him to sweeten it a little with something like a 3rd, but he’s not going to do much more than that.
It’s close though, right? You at least see my conundrum? Aiyuk is certainly the more stable and safe of the two assets. But if JT stays relatively healthy, he likely has a decently better ceiling than Aiyuk, no? If Deebo had been moved this would be a no-brainer rejection for me.

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

It’s close though, right? You at least see my conundrum? Aiyuk is certainly the more stable and safe of the two assets. But if JT stays relatively healthy, he likely has a decently better ceiling than Aiyuk, no? If Deebo had been moved this would be a no-brainer rejection for me.
Wow. JT’s value has really plummeted, eh?

No, I’d nust

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

Personally I’d rather have the WR long term. I actually think it’s very fair. If the need is RB, I would absolutely sell Aiyuk for JT.

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

I take it you’d be on the JT side here?

To add some context, the guy with JT just began a rebuild.

No, I’d nust

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

Personally I’d rather have the WR long term. I actually think it’s very fair. If the need is RB, I would absolutely sell Aiyuk for JT.
And that’s what makes it tricky. I’m already absolutely loaded at rb, and I’m sitting pretty good at WR as well. We start so many players in this league I’d simply be banking on Jt being a season-long improvement over Aiyuk.

No ones ever repeated in this league and I’m trying hard to be the first lol

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

I've been shopping Taylor and can't get anywhere near "market" value. In terms of this year's draft, I understand you're not getting MHJ (1 QB) for him, but I would have thought the next group (2-4) is in play for a conversation starter. That just isn't happening.

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

I've been shopping Taylor and can't get anywhere near "market" value. In terms of this year's draft, I understand you're not getting MHJ (1 QB) for him, but I would have thought the next group (2-4) is in play for a conversation starter. That just isn't happening.
What’s your thoughts on this swap? It’s a start 11 where it’s mandatory start 2 rbs and 2 wrs every week, and you can start up to 6 each. Does a healthy JT give enough of a hypothetical weekly upgrade to negate the injury risk/general short-term dynasty value of rbs? He’s still just 25.

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

It’s funny - he’s only 25, (and just turned that in Jan) but he’s seen as old injury prone.

That offense should be much improved - all it’ll take is a little luck with health for him to be worth much more than Aiyuk in FF.

What’s your thoughts on this swap? It’s a start 11 where it’s mandatory start 2 rbs and 2 wrs every week, and you can start up to 6 each. Does a healthy JT give enough of a hypothetical weekly upgrade to negate the injury risk/general short-term dynasty value of rbs? He’s still just 25.
I think it does. There are so few bellcow backs that it bumps his value quite a bit.

Add that to the fact that the 49ers WR corps just got more crowded, and that they’re a run-heavy offense, I could *easily* see JT paying bigger dividends - but health is the key, and it’s been elusive. Now there’s added risk of a QB who couldn’t stay healthy.

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

JT is in a stable situation with the new contract. You have to think he'll be in Indy through at least 2026 when they have a potential out. The risk is that we haven't seen what the offense looks like with him and Richardson playing together. We don't know how much he'll check down, or how many short TDs he'll steal. The positive is that Moss is gone and there is really no one behind him to split carries.

I'm not sure we've seen Aiyuk's ceiling. I also don't think we'll see it as long as he's in SF. His situation after this season is unknown.

I'd probably call it pretty fair with slight edge to Taylor given the current state of the RB position.

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

Doesn't help its rookie fever season right now, picks are near their highest value at the moment.

Stroud
Purdy
Bijan
Gibbs
Kyren
R. White
Aiyuk
Tee
Nico
DK
Pitts

Doesn't help its rookie fever season right now, picks are near their highest value at the moment.
And add in the negative talk about the RB position in general and how it is not valued by teams anymore. I think it suppresses the value in the eyes of some. Good time to buy!

In a 16 team SF, Would you sell Breece Hall for Baker Mayfield+2025 1st + 2026 1st + 2025 2nd + pick 12?

It been floated as an idea. I’m tempted but skeptical it would be worth it. Likely to be late picks, especially if I give him Hall.

Feel like Hall should be built around, not traded away.

Last edited:
But let me ping one back at everyone - in superflex where would Zay Flowers go if he was available in a rookie draft this year? I'm feeling 1.07 but don't know if I'm overvaluing him

In a 16 team SF, Would you sell Breece Hall for Baler Mayfield+2025 1st + 2026 1st + 2025 2nd + pick 12?

It been floated as an idea. I’m tempted but skeptical it would be worth it. Likely to be late picks, especially if I give him Hall.

If those are probably late I’m keeping hall.

In a 16 team SF, Would you sell Breece Hall for Baler Mayfield+2025 1st + 2026 1st + 2025 2nd + pick 12?

That’s my feeling.

Dude has Hurts/Lamar as his QB, and lamb & a couple other solid WR

The *only* reason I won the ship and he didn’t is injuries to his QB. With Brece in the fold he’s the clear favorite - so the picks would not only be late, they’d likely be 1.16

Last edited:

That’s my feeling.

Dude has Hurts/Lamar as his QB, and lamb & a couple other solid WR

The *only* reason I won the ship and he didn’t is injuries to his QB. With Brece in the fold he’s the clear favorite - so the picks would normally be late, they’d likely be 1.16
Rule #37 in fantasy football: "Don't make your true competition better" If you gotta hold onto Breece just so dude is RB poor, then it's worth it to keep him out of dude's roster.

Rule #37 in fantasy football: "Don't make your true competition better" If you gotta hold onto Breece just so dude is RB poor, then it's worth it to keep him out of dude's roster.
I offered him RS + 2025 2nd for Baker and he rejected.

I thought that was a slight overpay, too.

He’s paranoid about injury - I was like, “yeah but baker on your bench isn’t worth as much as RS In your lineup”

He’s got injury PTSD. Them’s the risks with Lamar & Hurts. :shrug:

He’s paranoid about injury - I was like, “yeah but baker on your bench isn’t worth as much as RS In your lineup”

Shaheed?

Shaheed?
Stevenson. lol

In a 16 team SF, Would you sell Breece Hall for Baker Mayfield+2025 1st + 2026 1st + 2025 2nd + pick 12?

Not particularly close for me. I'd need a better QB especially since you said those picks are likely to be very late.

Not particularly close for me. I'd need a better QB especially since you said those picks are likely to be very late.
16 team, likely to be 1.14-1.16

So yeah - I wasn’t thrilled about the prospect

I take it you’d be on the JT side here?
Yes. I’m biased but trying to be objective.

I roster Taylor on a team that just finished a rebuild and is in Win Now mode, so I see his upside as a rare bellow RB in what’s hopefully a more dynamic offense with AR back.

Also, I traded away Aiyuk 2 season ago, when he was a WR that could be swapped easily for a number of other WR25 type dudes, and I traded him away for a 2023 2nd. So I admit that I know he’s done better than when I traded him away, but I haven’t been tracking him closely (afraid to look? ;) ) so maybe he’s worth much more than I think he is.

Either way, I take JT in this trade.

16 team, likely to be 1.14-1.16

So yeah - I wasn’t thrilled about the prospect

Yeah, in a 12 team league those are 2nds. Makes it easier for me to value thinking that way since I’m not in any 16 teamers. Depth is important sure but it needs to be quality depth vs a young stud RB and not dart throws.

16 team, 1 QB, full PPR:

I was offered his 1.01 for my 1.03, Rashee Rice and Eckler.

It seems an overpay, but if Harrison is the next JJ, then all good. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm flush at WR and weak at RB, but we only have to start one and I have pick 7 as well, so could add Brooks.

16 team, 1 QB, full PPR:

It seems an overpay, but if Harrison is the next JJ, then all good. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm flush at WR and weak at RB, but we only have to start one and I have pick 7 as well, so could add Brooks.
Done. While I do like Rome, unless you’re completely lacking depth this is easy imo.

16 team, 1 QB, full PPR:

Done. While I do like Rome, unless you’re completely lacking depth this is easy imo.
Done!

Appreciate your and Wigglytuff's quick input :hifive:

16 team, 1 QB, full PPR:

I like Rice long-term but the difference between MHJr and & Odunze is huge IMO and way bigger than Rice and his suspension risk. Getting anything for Ekeler right now is a win, he may have a slight rebound in season, but nothing in value to compare to upgrading to MHJr.

E
16 team, 1 QB, full PPR:

I’d smash accept on that.

TEP - who does the Shark Pool prefer:

Kincaid or JSN and 2.07

I prefer Kincaid and need the TE help so thinking yes pull that trigger. Thoughts
Very fair, I may try and get a late 3rd or something back but really that seems pretty even.

14 owner 35 man roster SF TEP IDP start 1,1,3,1{(flex 2) max start 2qb 3rb 5wr 2te} K , 1 dl,3,lb ,2b (flex 1)
.5 pt ppr & 1 pt for 10 carries rb
1 pt ppr wr
2 pt ppr te

i am offering up 1.13 and 3.13 for Mark Andrews
thoughts on this offer

14 owner 35 man roster SF TEP IDP start 1,1,3,1{(flex 2) max start 2qb 3rb 5wr 2te} K , 1 dl,3,lb ,2b (flex 1)
.5 pt ppr & 1 pt for 10 carries rb
1 pt ppr wr
2 pt ppr te

thoughts on this offer
Even as a JSN stan, I'd very likely reject that with no counter.

thoughts on this offer
Seems pretty light to me for TE-P.

I put Andrews worth near twice that. Because the picks are so late, it’s like offering a 2nd and a 3rd.

I’d say 1.13+3.13+a WR2-3 type might do it. But then it might not. But as suggested it’s a bit of a lowball offer IMO.

this is what the andrews owner suggested , i was confused as I thought it was light as well
Sent me down the rabbit hole searching about his injury news

thoughts on this offer
Seems pretty light to me for TE-P.

I put Andrews worth near twice that. Because the picks are so late, it’s like offering a 2nd and a 3rd.

I’d say 1.13+3.13+a WR2-3 type might do it. But then it might not. But as suggested it’s a bit of a lowball offer IMO.

this is what the andrews owner suggested , i was confused as I thought it was light as well
Sent me down the rabbit hole searching about his injury news
I mean, no need to search - just assume 2-5 missed games. But man is he good when he's playing. He'll likely go to another team next year but I would smash accept for that price. I'd pay that for him in NON TE-P.

Price check on Kyler Murray? I have the 1.02 and needing some QB help in a 12 team SF FFPC league. No way will the 1.01 trade, so no go with that one. The 1.03 guy also needs a QB. So I am exploring my options out there.

Price check on Kyler Murray? I have the 1.02 and needing some QB help in a 12 team SF FFPC league. No way will the 1.01 trade, so no go with that one. The 1.03 guy also needs a QB. So I am exploring my options out there.
I've got Kyler somewhere around the 1.03, although I'm not sure I'd trade him straight up for that. He's ripe this year for big numbers with MHJ, Wilson and Dorch plus McBride and Conner/Benson.

Let’s talk Bo Melton for a moment.

Small in size, but played big for the Packers down the stretch. With a 4.3 speed, he’s their fastest WR.

They even trusted him with targets in the playoff game.

Is he a claim, a hold, or a roster clogger in 12, 14 or 16 team leagues?

Users who are viewing this thread