What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (6 Viewers)

What would you need on top of Puka to tier down from Amon Ra?
This will likely be very league dependent and league manager dependent. Most dynasty rankings have ARSB around 4-5 and Puka maybe a couple spots lower but not far. If I owned Puka I would likely just hold rather that pay up to get ARSB. I like them both and both have different "positives" on why you would want one over the other.

Now though to answer your question, again very league dependent but I would think a mid 3rd is maybe all the Puka owner would pay up? If you found someone who really loved ARSB maybe they would give a mid to late 2nd but again I probably wouldn't if I had Puka. I'd just hold. Not sure you can get much added on but maybe you have a league manager willing to pay up?

I'd be really curious to see what others have to say with this one and what the "perceived" difference is. The actual production for me probably isn't worth moving up from Puka, I would likely hold pat.
Thanks. I think we're somewhat on the same page.

I do feel like there's a bigger gap between them than the rankings say. I guess I'm probably still a little hung up on Puka coming out of nowhere (oddly, so did ARSB). ARSB feels much safer though. He's got more track record and I assume will have long term stability at QB soon. I'm thinking a mid 2 in a 1 QB league would be needed to make me think hard about it.

This will likely be very league dependent and league manager dependent. Most dynasty rankings have ARSB around 4-5 and Puka maybe a couple spots lower but not far. If I owned Puka I would likely just hold rather that pay up to get ARSB. I like them both and both have different "positives" on why you would want one over the other.

Now though to answer your question, again very league dependent but I would think a mid 3rd is maybe all the Puka owner would pay up? If you found someone who really loved ARSB maybe they would give a mid to late 2nd but again I probably wouldn't if I had Puka. I'd just hold. Not sure you can get much added on but maybe you have a league manager willing to pay up?

I'd be really curious to see what others have to say with this one and what the "perceived" difference is. The actual production for me probably isn't worth moving up from Puka, I would likely hold pat.
Thanks. I think we're somewhat on the same page.

I do feel like there's a bigger gap between them than the rankings say. I guess I'm probably still a little hung up on Puka coming out of nowhere (oddly, so did ARSB). ARSB feels much safer though. He's got more track record and I assume will have long term stability at QB soon. I'm thinking a mid 2 in a 1 QB league would be needed to make me think hard about it.
It is tough as some really like Puka and they might not be willing to give up much. Like you said both are later picks that look to be solid long term receivers for their team. Puka is a bit younger so he does have that going for him but while Kupp is still there will likely share more of the targets than ARSB.

Puka was a target of the Rams in the draft (they really wanted him) and they had a plan for him, AND actually used him in that plan. Brown is a bit safer as you say as he has done it multiple years but all it is going to take is for Puka to do it again in year 2 and I would expect both to be basically back to back in rankings. Maybe a slight discount now if you tiered down but they are closer in rankings for me.

Same tier, touch each other in my rankings, would take any one of them over the other if you gave me something of tangible value. Which could be construed as something like a late rookie pick.

He should be compared to Marvin, Nabers, Odunze, and Bowers. I’d slot him behind all 3 WRs and Bowers is a wildcard. Some might prefer him to one or two of those names.
Pretty much where I'm at and would only be repeating this and......

In a startup I'm doing now London went pick 23.
consensus seems to be on the same thought process and pick 23 is actually on the lower side of London's average. This is only based on 7 drafts so not a huge sample size but London is going as player 18, Bowers as rookie #3 at 20 and Odunze as rookie #4 at 24. So all pretty much in the same mix.
Just curious, where has Garrett Wilson fit in? IMO he’s basically equal to London but I’m guessing London probably goes for more right now.

He should be compared to Marvin, Nabers, Odunze, and Bowers. I’d slot him behind all 3 WRs and Bowers is a wildcard. Some might prefer him to one or two of those names.

consensus seems to be on the same thought process and pick 23 is actually on the lower side of London's average. This is only based on 7 drafts so not a huge sample size but London is going as player 18, Bowers as rookie #3 at 20 and Odunze as rookie #4 at 24. So all pretty much in the same mix.
Just curious, where has Garrett Wilson fit in? IMO he’s basically equal to London but I’m guessing London probably goes for more right now.

I very much prefer Wilson to London. Big gap for me even if consensus rankings don’t show it. Would be selling London all day at current prices. Just don’t see him much differently than like 15 other WRs. Basically I have Wilson at the end of the elites and London as part of a big, flat group. I’d need at least a decent 1st to consider bridging that and would probably pass unless it was top 5 or 6.

Wilson so far going like 10 picks ahead of London in startups

I very much prefer Wilson to London. Big gap for me even if consensus rankings don’t show it. Would be selling London all day at current prices. Just don’t see him much differently than like 15 other WRs. Basically I have Wilson at the end of the elites and London as part of a big, flat group. I’d need at least a decent 1st to consider bridging that and would probably pass unless it was top 5 or 6.
Doing a startup now. These were the 10 players picked right after London who went pick 23:
Josh Jacobs, devante smith, McBride, Kincaid, pitts, Pittman, kyren Williams, aiyuk, james cook, DJ moore.

Do you take any of those players over London? 4 rookies did go ahead of him

Doing a startup now. These were the 10 players picked right after London who went pick 23:
Josh Jacobs, devante smith, McBride, Kincaid, pitts, Pittman, kyren Williams, aiyuk, james cook, DJ moore.

Possibly, would need to think about it but strong preference would be trading back from that spot for sure.

Just through that list I take McBride over London, but not sure I would take any of the others. Might swing for the fences with Pitts over London too.

Just through that list I take McBride over London, but not sure I would take any of the others. Might swing for the fences with Pitts over London too.
I've seen that draft board and beginning with pick 2.7 my highest rated players would have been London and 4 TE's, the two you mentioned, Kincaid and Bowers who went a few picks before London. I truly can't say for sure what I'd have done, would have needed to think about it a bit.

Some derivative of this might have already been discussed but:
What's the cost to jump up to 1.3 from 1.8 (start 1 qb)? I'm WR needy, opposing team is RB needy and set at WR. Is Javonte Williams and 1.8 enough to get it done?

What's the cost to jump up to 1.3 from 1.8 (start 1 qb)? I'm WR needy, opposing team is RB needy and set at WR. Is Javonte Williams and 1.8 enough to get it done?
I'd start there (not insulting) but probably not enough IMO.

I am lower on Javonte than consensus, but I am not moving 1.3 for Javonte and 1.08 if I own 1.03.

I agree it is a start but might not be enough. I do think Williams should have a good year with another offseason to rehab and get healthy. But in 1QB that is a fairly big drop to 1.08 from 3. Definitely worth trying to make a deal for you though.

Another option, if you want a WR, is to shop 1.08 straight up for a WR you like that can get you good production this year and maybe keep Williams. Or maybe 1.08 + a 2nd for a good WR if someone is willing to move.

Or what type of proven WR could you get for 1.08 + Javonte? Send some feelers out and see what you can get if you can't get the 1.03.

Not for me. But if the other team is really RB needy and your league doesn’t trade RBs often, start there. The 8 is probably Caleb or RB1 or 2. That doesn’t get a top 10 WR, as most of us forecast these 3 of becoming.

Another option, if you want a WR, is to shop 1.08 straight up for a WR you like that can get you good production this year and maybe keep Williams. Or maybe 1.08 + a 2nd for a good WR if someone is willing to move.

Or what type of proven WR could you get for 1.08 + Javonte? Send some feelers out and see what you can get if you can't get the 1.03.
This.
You probably can get a WR like metcalf or Pickens a lot easier than the 3.

There's a world where that gets accepted so certainly worth offering.
Agree, Javonte still has believers out there and 1.08 will get a good player with this class (although it is the start of another very big tier IMO.)

But I do agree probably have an easier time going after an existing WR, we are in rookie fever season, high picks are going to be costly and very few will be discounting that these guys often bust or sometimes get drafted into bad situations.

As a few have said it's worth tossing out, and I'd try with the 1, 2 and 3 guy.

I tried a variaton of this myself last week in a TEP league for picks 3 or 4(already knew 1 and 2 would not do it). But was offering 8 and instead of Javonte 11 and a late third.. No one seemed insulted, both people actually responded when they rejected it saying they'd just rather hold.

I plan to kick the tires on it again if the draft goes a different way. Need some stuff to happen though. Need one of those WR's or for me Bowers to go somewhere that's a turnoff to that team. Need that 1.8 to get some good fortune and it's not going to be easy as it's not a league I think anyone wants a QB that early, or the 11. So going to need some at least 2 awesome RB spots, stuff like Chiefs and Bills grabbing non top 4 WR's in round one. Not counting on any of this but will try again if it works out like that.

I agree it is a start but might not be enough. I do think Williams should have a good year with another offseason to rehab and get healthy. But in 1QB that is a fairly big drop to 1.08 from 3. Definitely worth trying to make a deal for you though.

Been needing a true WR1 in this league for quite a while so was hoping to land the young stud. It's not a bad idea to spend the package on a young guy that won't have the extra rookie shine cost though. Also sitting on 5 2nds so I do have the ammo to try to buy one of the non top tier guys.

Been needing a true WR1 in this league for quite a while so was hoping to land the young stud. It's not a bad idea to spend the package on a young guy that won't have the extra rookie shine cost though. Also sitting on 5 2nds so I do have the ammo to try to buy one of the non top tier guys.
Not a bad idea to keep pressing if you need a true WR1. Shoot your shot and go big. Doesn't hurt to shop around the league and see what WRs might be available. I do like the idea of a top 3 rookie WR you can have for a long time but seems these guys get more and more hype the closer we get to the draft.

I guess the question is are you competing now or in the rebuild and looking for youth? Maybe a veteran like DJ Moore, Pittman, Metcalf or even AJ Brown could be had for cheaper? You have lots of ammo with Javonte and a few seconds you could package up.

You might want to wait until after the NFL draft and closer to your rookie draft if you look to trade for a veteran. Those 2nds will start to rise in value once everyone sees the landing spots of WRs an RBs.

Curious to see how you proceed with this and who might end up trade partner.

Not a bad idea to keep pressing if you need a true WR1. Shoot your shot and go big. Doesn't hurt to shop around the league and see what WRs might be available. I do like the idea of a top 3 rookie WR you can have for a long time but seems these guys get more and more hype the closer we get to the draft.

I guess the question is are you competing now or in the rebuild and looking for youth? Maybe a veteran like DJ Moore, Pittman, Metcalf or even AJ Brown could be had for cheaper? You have lots of ammo with Javonte and a few seconds you could package up.

You might want to wait until after the NFL draft and closer to your rookie draft if you look to trade for a veteran. Those 2nds will start to rise in value once everyone sees the landing spots of WRs an RBs.

It's a weird roster. Slightly better than middle of the pack featuring Burrow, Jonathan Taylor, Rachaad White, Rhamondre and Javonte. WRs are 2s and 3s like Pittman, Ridley, Hopkins, Diontae Johnson. Laporta at TE. 1.8, 2.4 2.7 2.8 2.9 2.11.

Feel like theres enough ammo here to try to get a marquee piece at WR1 and attempt to really compete with the 2-3 upper tier teams in the league (albeit I still don't think the roster would be quite good enough). RB shelf life is so short that I don't want to waste what is theoretically the few good years left I should have of Taylor. Staying put will likely equal the 1.6-1.9 purgatory I've been in in this league the last few years.

It's a weird roster. Slightly better than middle of the pack featuring Burrow, Jonathan Taylor, Rachaad White, Rhamondre and Javonte. WRs are 2s and 3s like Pittman, Ridley, Hopkins, Diontae Johnson. Laporta at TE. 1.8, 2.4 2.7 2.8 2.9 2.11.

Feel like theres enough ammo here to try to get a marquee piece at WR1 and attempt to really compete with the 2-3 upper tier teams in the league (albeit I still don't think the roster would be quite good enough). RB shelf life is so short that I don't want to waste what is theoretically the few good years left I should have of Taylor. Staying put will likely equal the 1.6-1.9 purgatory I've been in in this league the last few years.
KTC.com has 2.4 + 1.8 + Javonte Williams = CeeDee Lamb

That wouldn't be enough for me to give up JaMarr Chase, but that is what the calculator has. I think I would need two 1's + Williams, but I am not overly high on Williams.

That wouldn't be enough for me to give up JaMarr Chase, but that is what the calculator has. I think I would need two 1's + Williams, but I am not overly high on Williams.
Yet another instance showing how bad those calculators are

Yea I own Lamb in another league and wouldn't accept that. Maybe that package could land the 1.3, but if I'm offering it up I want to do it post draft after landing spots have settled.

It is a good resource if you use it for information. League settings and valuation is key obviously. Is it the end all be all? No but it is a useful resource to get a pulse on current value of a player, especially who is rising and who isn't.

You can use it as a gauge and starting point and go from there depending on your league.

I think his sell high window is gone. He's up there in age. I can't recall the last offer I got for him a few weeks ago, but it was pretty pitiful. I'll treat him like CMC and ride him out until he's retired.

16 team SF TE-P

Which side:

A. Nico Collins + Mark Andrews + Russ Wilson
Or
B. Brissett + AJB + 2026 1st

Interesting deal...even though it is SF the two QBs are the lesser pieces of the deal and both are wildcards...Wilson could revive his career and be productive or could be on the bench by week 4 or 5 (or sooner)...Brissett could be a starter for a full year or not start one game...I think to have real value with either player you need to link Wilson with Fields and Brissett with whoever the Pats draft...not sure if that is possible so let's focus on Collins/Andrews for AJB/2026 #1...IMO the key part of this is how do you feel about Collins...if you are high on him (and I am) then I like the Collins/Andrews side because that #1 pick isn't until 2026 (i.e. you have plenty of time to get a similar pick back) and this format (16 team TR-P) absolutely maximizes Andrews value...going back to the QBs I also think Wilson has a better chance to start for a much longer time then Brissett but again, that is not a big part of this deal for me...now if you think Diggs will hurt Collins then it is a solid deal because you are getting a legit #1 WR and while the #1 is further out then I would like it is still a #1 in a 16 team league so it's a very nice asset.

Value check on Sam Darnold?

Subject to dramatic swing depending on the NFL draft I’m assuming?
Yeah, I personally can't with Darnold as I don't expect him to start the whole season. From your posts it looks like you need another QB in your 16 team SF league? I can only imagine how hard it is to get a QB in that league. I see your trade options as Minshew, Brisset or Russ and I don't like any of them as they might not be starting the whole year. Are you just looking for depth or do you need a QB2 that can start. As it is a 16 teamer I assume there are teams that don't start a QB in the SF spot and that might just be how it is.

I'd rather use AJB and the 2016 first to bolster your roster if you are set on trading AJB and maybe have to start a non-QB in the SF spot. Or you figure out another way to get a better QB than one that might only start a handful of games.

I look at it this way. AJB and the 1st are very valuable assets. The 3 QBs you listed aren't very valuable right now, especially with the worry of teh draft and those teams taking QBs. I'd want assured assets in return rather than a hopeful QB at this point. Just some initial thoughts from me. I need to think about this some more.

Can you assist me in determining the value of SMITH-NJIGBA in a 1 QB, PPR 12-team league when trading for him? I am offering 1.10, is that too low or too high? just right?

Users who are viewing this thread