What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Want to bounce something off of you guys. Even though this team finished #5 in points and out in the 1st round of the playoffs, I feel like I have a very good starting lineup but depth is an issue. It's a 12 team PPR single QB.

Starting Lineup: Hurts, Bijan, Hall, Smith, Metcalf, Higgins, Andrews, K, Def

Depth is definitely an issue with a bunch of RB and WR 3s at best.

I still have my 1st (1.07) which should help my depth issues.

Another owner is interested in Bijan and is willing to pay either the 1.04/1.05 or 1.04/JSN for him.

I have three options:
  1. Accept the offer and improve my depth (hopefully).
  2. Shop Bijan and hope for a better offer. I've already sent feelers and feel its going to be hard to find someone with the ammo and willingness play ball.
  3. Just stick with what I have and hope I dodge a bunch of injuries and eventually add depth through other opportunities or future drafts.
From a value standpoint, I don't feel its enough, but I'm not sure I can get a better offer. I like the idea of adding depth. Talk me off the ledge.

Want to bounce something off of you guys. Even though this team finished #5 in points and out in the 1st round of the playoffs, I feel like I have a very good starting lineup but depth is an issue. It's a 12 team PPR single QB.

Another owner is interested in Bijan and is willing to pay either the 1.04/1.05 or 1.04/JSN for him.

I have three options:
  2. Shop Bijan and hope for a better offer. I've already sent feelers and feel its going to be hard to find someone with the ammo and willingness play ball.
  3. Just stick with what I have and hope I dodge a bunch of injuries and eventually add depth through other opportunities or future drafts.
From a value standpoint, I don't feel its enough, but I'm not sure I can get a better offer. I like the idea of adding depth. Talk me off the ledge.
Keep Bijan Robinson and certainly don't trade him for either of those two offers.

The 1.04/JSN IMO is not enough, but I'm down on JSN. I don't see it with him.

The 1.04/1.05 is more interesting and the calcs probably like it, but Bijan is still overall RB1 in dynasty, value-wise. I wouldn't do that one, either.

That's my opinion, though. You're looking about at Bowers and Thomas/Franklin for Bijan. That doesn't strike me as enough.

Why not wait until the dust settles on the combine, at least? I don't know. I'd have an awfully tough time giving up Bijan for that.

I have three options:
I don't really like either of those offers. There is no problem with shopping Bijan to see what comes in but as of now I wouldn't move him based on these offers.

I have three options:
Not enough. Keep Bijan, take best available WR at 1.07 and then mine the 2nd and 3rd rounds for upside RBs. I just don't think you can get rid of a young RB with multi year RB1 upside for a rookie (or two) not named MHJ.

The 1.04/JSN IMO is not enough, but I'm down on JSN. I don't see it with him.

The 1.04/1.05 is more interesting and the calcs probably like it, but Bijan is still overall RB1 in dynasty, value-wise. I wouldn't do that one, either.

That's my opinion, though. You're looking about at Bowers and Thomas/Franklin for Bijan. That doesn't strike me as enough.

Why not wait until the dust settles on the combine, at least? I don't know. I'd have an awfully tough time giving up Bijan for that.

I would agree, unless its TE premium and you Feel Bowers will go early, I don’t see the benefit with Andrews in the fold since Bowers seems the likely pick at 1.04. Even if not Bowers, your getting the last of the 3 WRs and a much lower tier piece on top which is not ideal/enough.

I have three options:
Not enough. Keep Bijan, take best available WR at 1.07 and then mine the 2nd and 3rd rounds for upside RBs. I just don't think you can get rid of a young RB with multi year RB1 upside for a rookie (or two) not named MHJ.
I'm really against the mentality of trading young stud players unless I'm knocked off my old man rocker. The idea of a draft is to keep someone like Bijan Robinson, not hope you draft one. I prefer quality over quantity. People who are constantly drafting at the top of their draft, then trading studs away before they even put down roots on your team, are always drafting at the top of the draft. I'm not saying there isn't a trade out there where I would trade a stud young player, but I also don't want them to just blow away like a fart in the wind for a bunch of picks hoping I draft a stud player like Bijan Robinson.

I have three options:
I'm really against the mentality of trading young stud players unless I'm knocked off my old man rocker. The idea of a draft is to keep someone like Bijan Robinson, not hope you draft one. I prefer quality over quantity. People who are constantly drafting at the top of their draft, then trading studs away before they even put down roots on your team, are always drafting at the top of the draft. I'm not saying there isn't a trade out there where I would trade a stud young player, but I also don't want them to just blow away like a fart in the wind for a bunch of picks hoping I draft a stud player like Bijan Robinson.
This x100000

We all work so hard to build a team around young studs. If you land a guy like Bijan, you hold on for dear life and build around him. Your starting roster looks solid to me.

I have three options:
Keep Bijan Robinson and certainly don't trade him for either of those two offers.

I'm with Johnny and wouldn't break up the RB tandem. I'd take the best WR available or Bowers at 1.7 , in the unlikely event he falls that far in 1 QB.

I offered an early 3rd in a 1QB league for Bryce Young and got declined. I thought wasn’t bad 🤷‍♂️
Most owners won't want to take that L less than a full season removed from spending a late 1st/early 2nd on Young. Plus there is some hope that he'll be better under a different coaching scheme.
I don't own him and don't intend to, but if I did, I wouldn't be trading him away for an early 3rd. Still a decent chance IMO that he becomes a startable FF QB.

Where do you guys rank Davante Adams compared to this rookie class in terms of trade?
What pick would you give for him, or what pick would it take to trade him away?

Where do you guys rank Davante Adams compared to this rookie class in terms of trade?

I’d have to wait to see who was still available in the draft. I roster him and I’d need somebody pretty good. KTC says like 1.12 or 2.01. I’m thinking more like mid-first, but YMMV.

I’d have to wait to see who was still available in the draft. I roster him and I’d need somebody pretty good. KTC says like 1.12 or 2.01. I’m thinking more like mid-first, but YMMV.
Agreed. He’s a bona fide stud, and whatever discount you apply for age/team situation (he still could be traded, too) is off-set by his potential production & the risk/hit rate of rookies.

There seems to be a consensus drop-off after 1.08 this year, so I’d suggest value between 1.09-2.03?

That said, it’s hard to imagine an Adams owner settling for an early 2nd because that likely doesn’t replace Adams potential production. Might as well let him retire on a roster at that point, so probably 1.12 is the cheapest & 1.09-10-11 more realistic.

That said, he’s not a dude I’d be looking to pay a 1st for. Maybe if I was a receiver away on a really solid win-now team.

Agreed. I roster him in 1 FFPC league and I’m not selling for less than a mid-first this year. But that would likely be a during-season trade if my aging Win Now team isn’t making a playoff run.

But that would likely be a during-season trade if my aging Win Now team isn’t making a playoff run.
Exactly - and if someone in your league is a contender who takes a hit at the position, I could see a desperation play with a 2025 1st.

Hard to imagine a scenario where a team pays a mid-1st (1.06-7-8) in 2024 for a 31 year old WR (32 in December).

Agreed. I roster him in 1 FFPC league and I’m not selling for less than a mid-first this year. But that would likely be a during-season trade if my aging Win Now team isn’t making a playoff run.

This is exactly how I look at it.

Where is the trades thread??? Can't find it anywhere.

Anyway, I'll just put this here then.

FFPC 1QB

Davante Adams

For

Pick 1.12 and a 2025 2nd (could be anywhere but probably mid-late)

Where is everyone valuing Jordan Love in single QB dynasty compared to the rookie QBs?

I'm in a league where my biggest need is QB and I have decent draft capital. I'm debating if I'd rather take a shot at multiple rookie QBs this year, which while I'm not opposed to it is not my preferred approach in a 1 QB league, or if I should try make a play for Jordan Love to at minimum be a bridge QB and give me a bit more draft flexibility in terms of making QB less of a need.

Most of the calculators, for what they are worth, indicate that he'd be valued around the very end of the 1st or early 2nd as far as picks. I could see that as reasonable if his dynasty value would be in that QB2-4 range for this year's rookie class, but if my options are securing Love for say a late 1st round pick vs. drafting a Maye or Daniels with that pick, assuming they are there, what would you do?

I could see that as reasonable if his dynasty value would be in that QB2-4 range for this year's rookie class, but if my options are securing Love for say a late 1st round pick vs. drafting a Maye or Daniels with that pick, assuming they are there, what would you do?
All things being equal (salary cap, years able to keep, any other keeper restriction situations) I would rather have Love. He has shown he can be a solid FF QB at the NFL level. Those other guys have not. Give the guy that has done it.

Why specifically are you targeting Jordan Love?

Personally I'd be looking to buy a QB, but I'd be picking through the rosters in your league that are overstocked at the position and trying to buy one of those guys, for no more than a 2nd rounder. Easy sell for a team if they are stacked at the position.

Personally I'd be looking to buy a QB, but I'd be picking through the rosters in your league that are overstocked at the position and trying to buy one of those guys, for no more than a 2nd rounder. Easy sell for a team if they are stacked at the position.
Depending on the QB.

Where is everyone valuing Jordan Love in single QB dynasty compared to the rookie QBs?

I'm in a league where my biggest need is QB and I have decent draft capital. I'm debating if I'd rather take a shot at multiple rookie QBs this year, which while I'm not opposed to it is not my preferred approach in a 1 QB league, or if I should try make a play for Jordan Love to at minimum be a bridge QB and give me a bit more draft flexibility in terms of making QB less of a need.

Most of the calculators, for what they are worth, indicate that he'd be valued around the very end of the 1st or early 2nd as far as picks. I could see that as reasonable if his dynasty value would be in that QB2-4 range for this year's rookie class, but if my options are securing Love for say a late 1st round pick vs. drafting a Maye or Daniels with that pick, assuming they are there, what would you do?

I would be all over Love and I’m not sure what you mean by bridge QB…the kid is 25, just threw for 4,159-32 with another 247-4 rushing, has a ton of young talent at the skill positions and a very good offensive HC…sky is the limit for him…he has a chance to be a high-end fantasy QB for a long time.

Last edited:

This is what I did and Love came out as likely the best of the QBs that would be available via trade.

I would be all over Love and I’m not sure what you mean by bridge QB…the kid is 25, just threw for 4,159-32 with another 247-4 rushing, has a ton of young talent at the skill positions and a very good offensive HC…sky is the limit for him…he has a chance to be a high-end fantasy QB for a long time.
Bridge probably too harsh of a term - more guy that has the upside to be a QB1 but if I'm drafting one of the rookie QBs, I'm hoping that their path is higher than Love's.

Bridge probably too harsh of a term - more guy that has the upside to be a QB1 but if I'm drafting one of the rookie QBs, I'm hoping that their path is higher than Love's.

Why gamble on that when you just saw what Love could do last year knowing he may just be scratching the surface and could not be in a better situation as far as team and HC are concerned.

This is what I did and Love came out as likely the best of the QBs that would be available via trade
Cool. I'd not be parting with a 1st for him unless I was getting a 2nd back.

Offer a 2. A waste for him to turn that down really, could be adding something usable to his lineup rather than backing up his starters.

But that would likely be a during-season trade if my aging Win Now team isn’t making a playoff run.
Exactly - and if someone in your league is a contender who takes a hit at the position, I could see a desperation play with a 2025 1st.

Hard to imagine a scenario where a team pays a mid-1st (1.06-7-8) in 2024 for a 31 year old WR (32 in December).
I'm a defending champion in a 1 QB PPR/Performance scoring league. I also own the 1.1 so I will have the #1 WR in this class to pair with Adams. I'm a contender in 2025 and project my 2025 1st round pick to be a late first with a floor of mid-first. I traded my 2025 first for Adams. I would have preferred to wait for the QB situation to be resolved but the rebuilding team was shopping all his assets and I felt a decision had to be made sooner than later. It turns out that I was correct because he traded most of his assets in a big deal later that night. I'm almost positive Adams was involved in those discussions. The other Wideouts on my team for context. DJ Moore. C. Kirk, C. Samuel, JSN, Josh Palmer, Trey Palmer, Alec Piecre, and Demarcus Robinson.

I think the move can go either way considering the new staff and the QB decision not yet resolved but the target share should still be high I think Aiden O'Connell is the floor at the QB position no matter what happens and they played well late together. If they do make another move at QB and I expect they will if that goes to "poo" Aiden will be the fallback and maybe be the band-aid by playoff time. My thought process is only for 2024 with this acquisition. I'm not concerned with the ramifications of 2025 at this point. I know his age now and after Dec. he will be 32. The target share and the push for the 2024 playoffs and championship are the goal of this move.

Last edited:
Price check on Jaylon Warren

Najee probably gone after 2024. What do you see him going for as far as picks?
he is another guy in no man's land. If you have him you want more for him than what those without him are willing to pay. I think that gap is about a round in value.

he is another guy in no man's land. If you have him you want more for him than what those without him are willing to pay. I think that gap is about a round in value.
I just sold Najee/Warren/Ferguson for Andrews/2.02. I think I paid too much, but I'm sick them both getting almost a perfect 50/50 split. Maybe it gets better under Arthur Smith, but I highly doubt it.

I think both Warren and Najee are similar dynasty players at this point. Besides as depth pieces, I'm not sure where they fit on a dynasty roster. This season they will be both be 26 years old, 27 by the 2025 season when Najee may hit FA. I love both players, I just don't see any upside.

Early to mid second though I'd rather draft myself.

Fwiw they are still mulling picking up Najee's 5th year option which would be in the $6m range which would pair both of them up until their contracts are up and as Blick was just pointing out by the time he's on his second contract will be the season he turns 28.

Also not for nothing but while I know he's more 1b then handcuff a part of his appeal to people is that he could be a league winner if Najee ever went down and the problem with that Najee's durable as it gets. So Warren becomes a guy I never know what to do with, don't know when to start him unless I have to start him. Arthur Smith offense could be good for him, not sure it's going to change that however.

I think both Warren and Najee are similar dynasty players at this point. Besides as depth pieces, I'm not sure where they fit on a dynasty roster. This season they will be both be 26 years old, 27 by the 2025 season when Najee may hit FA. I love both players, I just don't see any upside.
For a guy like me who went WR-heavy in a start-up, Warren has been a perfect zero RB.

The old “one man’s trash is another’s treasure” - Najee shareholders are sick of the situation, wishing he’d get a larger share of touches.

Warren shareholders are thrilled to see him carve out 50% role with most of the receptions.

Price check on Romeo Doubs, pick-wise?

Going into the mythical Year 3. I'm expecting him to be a solid WR2 behind Reed in an upward-trending pass offense

TIA

For a guy like me who went WR-heavy in a start-up, Warren has been a perfect zero RB.

The old “one man’s trash is another’s treasure” - Najee shareholders are sick of the situation, wishing he’d get a larger share of touches.

Warren shareholders are thrilled to see him carve out 50% role with most of the receptions.
But again, they have no upside. If you're stacked everywhere else, I guess you can make it work. They literally finished as RB 22 and 23 in PPR last at 11.6 and 11.5 points per game.

Going into the mythical Year 3. I'm expecting him to be a solid WR2 behind Reed in an upward-trending pass offense

TIA
I personally think he's worth no more than a 3rd round rookie pick, given how deep this class is. Doubs may or may not be the WR2 on that team. Watson is still there and Wicks looed good. Doubs 674 yards is very underwhelming and his 8 TDs is not predictable in 2024. He's the kind of guy that would probably rot on my bench.

Edit to add: I wouldn't even give a 3rd for him, because I'm not buying.

But again, they have no upside. If you're stacked everywhere else, I guess you can make it work. They literally finished as RB 22 and 23 in PPR last at 11.6 and 11.5 points per game.
That’s my point though. Warren is a top 20 RB who cost me top 40 price.

Najee was expected by many to be a top 10 RB at a top 10 price.

Warren has been the value pick. His production is excellent for his cost. Najee has been a bust, relatively speaking.

TIA
I think he’s worth a 3rd right now. If he does break out as their WR2 this year, he could well be worthy of an early 2nd.

Gotta wait for that productive stretch to deal him, IMO.

That’s my point though. Warren is a top 20 RB who cost me top 40 price.

Najee was expected by many to be a top 10 RB at a top 10 price.

Warren has been the value pick. His production is excellent for his cost. Najee has been a bust, relatively speaking.
Harris did look good down the stretch.

What is too much to pay for an asset like Justin Jefferson. Was offered Jefferson for Diggs, Deebo, 1.07, 1.12,2.12, 2025 2nd.

I have a great team but does this type of trade hamstring a team long term?

What is too much to pay for an asset like Justin Jefferson. Was offered Jefferson for Diggs, Deebo, 1.07, 1.12,2.12, 2025 2nd.

I think I need more details about the league (# teams, scoring, starting rosters), your roster, and what other draft picks you might have in the top few rounds. Tough one.

Nevermind. I see you accepted in the dynasty trade thread.

I'd say Jefferson is worth that. Diggs is a fast-declining asset. The picks are nice but certainly won't land someone of Jefferson's talent and production. If you have the depth I'd say that's a great trade. Turn several dimes into a dollar.

Users who are viewing this thread