What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (8 Viewers)

McCaffery being traded in any leagues? Lost all my Rbs in dynasty and really need to make a trade for a McCaffery or Cook to try and make a title run.

Pick price for Aaron Jones in a 12-team full PPR? Mid '23 1st enough?
Not only does it take 2 to tango, but in Jones’ case, you need to find a team that’s RB-needy that’s in Win Now Mode. then I’d probably pay a mid 1st hoping it becomes a late first if I go on a deep run.

If I rostered Jones and was rebuilding, I’d probably take ANY 2023 1st for him.

Is Mixon a buy low right now? Do we think he can turn it around? That YPC is hella ugly, yet he's still one of the last few bellcows around.

McCaffery being traded in any leagues? Lost all my Rbs in dynasty and really need to make a trade for a McCaffery or Cook to try and make a title run.
12 team, 1QB league I let him go for 2x 23 1sts. Some people thought it was a bit light.
I'm probably not going that route. Last place team has him, but I can't give up 2 first rounders. Maybe try for Dalvin instead.
Going rate on Cook these days? More than a 23 1st?

12 team, 1QB league I let him go for 2x 23 1sts. Some people thought it was a bit light.
I'm probably not going that route. Last place team has him, but I can't give up 2 first rounders. Maybe try for Dalvin instead.
That's what I'm willing to give up. We shall see.

He went for what should be a late 23 1st in my league.
I want Dalvin, but his next 6 games are all against top half of the league run defenses. If you can hold out a few weeks, you might be able to get him at a discount.
Hmm. Good point. I'm hurting pretty bad at rb but currently in 2nd overall in the league. Extremely strong at WR but now stuck with Eno and who knows what at my 2nd rb position. Lost Breece, Swift(if he ever comes back), and Cam.

Traded him yesterday for Breece Hall

SF dynasty devy PPR best ball
Team A gets: McCaffrey, Christian SFO RB; Gallup, Michael DAL WR
Team B gets: * Henderson, TreVeyon, 2024 FA RB; Boone, Mike DEN RB; Kelley, Joshua LAC RB; * Egbuka , Emeka, 2024 FA WR

Price check on Swift? He's still so young but those injuries.
Interesting combo of last two price checks:

Mike + Frank [ roster · trades ]
RB Christian McCaffrey, SF
WR Chris Olave, NO

Trade date: 2022-10-21
Steel City Psychos [ roster · trades ]
RB D'Andre Swift, DET
WR Drake London, ATL
Gridiron Legends Dynasty League
teams: 12 · start: 9 · roster: 26
positions: QB 1-2, 2-4 RB, WR 3-5, TE 1-3
scoring: PaTD = *4 PPR = *1

I'd trade him in a heartbeat but hate to at lowest value.
I don't have him. I'm being offered him for my 2023 1st (will be very late). Seems like a cheap price but his injuries scare me.
Maybe I'm hope-biased, as I own him in dynasty, but I would much rather have Swift than a late 1st. Even with the strong expected draft class. If I sold him right now, I would require a mother lode. I know, injuries. Hasn't dropped my opinion too much, yet anyway.

I'd trade him in a heartbeat but hate to at lowest value.
I don't have him. I'm being offered him for my 2023 1st (will be very late). Seems like a cheap price but his injuries scare me.
Maybe I'm hope-biased, as I own him in dynasty, but I would much rather have Swift than a late 1st. Even with the strong expected draft class. If I sold him right now, I would require a mother lode. I know, injuries. Hasn't dropped my opinion too much, yet anyway.
Probably a good assessment.

The thing about Swift -- and I liked him coming out of college -- is he's almost always hurt, dating back to college. At some point, injuries define one's career, and Swift is right up there with anybody as far as that goes.

The thing about Swift -- and I liked him coming out of college -- is he's almost always hurt, dating back to college. At some point, injuries define one's career, and Swift is right up there with anybody as far as that goes.
Yeah. It's getting to that point. Could definitely be one of the ones that, two years from today, I'll look back and really regret not dealing for a first.

Holy smokes. I've been out of the loop for a while so maybe I'm just out of touch, but am I reading this right.

A late 1st for D'Andre Swift?

Two late 1sts for Saquon Barkley, the current #2 fantasy RB who's still only 25 years old and looks like this again?

If these are the going rate, I'm shipping off all my late 1sts from even semi-contending teams.
In a normal year I would say those 2 firsts for Barkley would need to be very high firsts. But I feel like this year should be significantly different. Also, he did say "likely" late, which means worst case scenario late, but some smaller probability that one or both could be higher, which factors in a little. If this were last year's draft class and you specified the 1.11 and 1.12, you'd have to be crazy to take it. But when it's this year's class, and probable 1.09-1.12's, or plausible 1.05-1.08's or whatever. Seems close. Maybe still short though, as Barkley is looking elite.

But a late 1st for Swift I do consider nuts.

Somewhat unrelated ETA on bolded: I do like to try to take advantage of exaggerated opinions on draft picks sometimes. You know, midway through the season and it'a "Oh, come on, we ALL know that guy is winning the championship, look at his roster. That's a 1.12 pick if I've ever seen one!" A couple injuries and a little bad luck in score matchups later, suddenly he's the 3 seed in the playoffs and loses in the first round on a bad week, and it's the 1.07.

Full blown rebuild orphan I took over in the preseason.

QB, RB, WR, TE, FLEX x4, SUPERFLEX.

Considering trading K Walker III for young RB/wr and draft capital. My window to compete is likely 2025. Or do I keep him as a cornerstone of this team? This is my first true ground up rebuild of a very, very bad team and I'm not quite sure of how players like walker fit into the timeline.

Holy smokes. I've been out of the loop for a while so maybe I'm just out of touch, but am I reading this right.

Two late 1sts for Saquon Barkley, the current #2 fantasy RB who's still only 25 years old and looks like this again?

If these are the going rate, I'm shipping off all my late 1sts from even semi-contending teams.
Swift has barely played a half a season in 2 and a half years and only 2 games this year. And that's with super low volume. Seems within the realm of possibility to me. Now Barkley, I agree. He's worth a ton.

Swift has barely played a half a season in 2 and a half years and only 2 games this year. And that's with super low volume. Seems within the realm of possibility to me. Now Barkley, I agree. He's worth a ton.

Huh? Swift played 26 games in 2020-2021.

Full blown rebuild orphan I took over in the preseason.

QB, RB, WR, TE, FLEX x4, SUPERFLEX.

Considering trading K Walker III for young RB/wr and draft capital. My window to compete is likely 2025. Or do I keep him as a cornerstone of this team? This is my first true ground up rebuild of a very, very bad team and I'm not quite sure of how players like walker fit into the timeline.
Walker certainly seems to be a cornerstone type player, but it would depend on just how bad the rest of your team is. If you're really several years away from being competitive then trying to turn him into multiple young players could make sense. In that case I'd target other positions besides RB though, and I wouldn't sell unless you get a great offer.

Barrel-scraping here, but thoughts on Ehlinger or Corral as a stash? It's a 16-team league and there's NOTHING out there. FYI the league has some QB limit rules that won't let me stash both. I'm in full rebuild so not worried about production this year.

Barrel-scraping here, but thoughts on Ehlinger or Corral as a stash? It's a 16-team league and there's NOTHING out there. FYI the league has some QB limit rules that won't let me stash both. I'm in full rebuild so not worried about production this year.
I’d go Ehlinger pretty easily. He should have the reminder of the season to at least try and prove he can be the guy next year. I’m not sure Corral gets that opportunity, and I envision either Bryce or Stroud being in Charlotte next year.

Barkley for two 2023 first rounders, likely late.
Fair?
Fair IMO but he’s going to be hard to pry away now while on a hot streak and looking like he’s back to Elite. Every one of my leagues he’s on a contender and a big reason they are finally contending is he is coming on now and his last few years of injuries got those teams other high picks.

May be easier to acquire at a similar high price in the offseason IMO when people will start worrying about “exit-value” on a 26 year old RB and the hype for the rookie class gets into high gear.

Anybody tried to shift Kamara recently in SuperFlex ? Looking at maybe moving him to a contender for around about a late 23 1st. I’ve got a good squad I just have NoTHING at QB but this would give me my third ‘23 1st rounder and help me stealth tank for the year and I’d then be looking at 2 top 4 ‘23 picks which I already have and a later one for Kamara. Got a good young RB core anyways and a good WR core just can’t get luck this year and rolling out Geno/Brissett/Dalton at QB ( Lance injured )

Next year - QB Lance/Geno/maybe 2 of Young/Stroud/Levis/Hooker

RB - Ettiene/Dobbins/maybe Bijon/Akers/Penny and a few others

WRs - really solid here

I’d go Ehlinger pretty easily. He should have the reminder of the season to at least try and prove he can be the guy next year. I’m not sure Corral gets that opportunity, and I envision either Bryce or Stroud being in Charlotte next year.
Yeah leaning that way myself. I was browsing some sites that had Corral ranked quite a bit higher and others that have them pretty close. But Corral seems to be trending downward.

I think I'll just ride it out with Eno and hopefully Swift as my Rbs. Sucks but don't want to give up a first for another rb.

Anyone seen Henderson traded? If Cam is out for good, maybe Henderson could be had for a 2nd or something.

Yeah leaning that way myself. I was browsing some sites that had Corral ranked quite a bit higher and others that have them pretty close. But Corral seems to be trending downward.
Probably has a lot to do with the higher draft capital for Corral and the fact that he was in the most recent draft class. But I’m not sure he’s ever going to get an opportunity like Ehlinger is about to get.

I think I'll just ride it out with Eno and hopefully Swift as my Rbs. Sucks but don't want to give up a first for another rb.

Anyone seen Henderson traded? If Cam is out for good, maybe Henderson could be had for a 2nd or something.
This went down in one of my leagues:
Henderson + DPJ
for
Hines, Metchie, mid 23 2nd, 23 3rd, 24 2nd

I didn't like it for the team getting Henderson, but he's contending and seems to like DPJ more than most people.

Henderson + DPJ
for

I didn't like it for the team getting Henderson, but he's contending and seems to like DPJ more than most people.
Interesting. I was thinking about offering a 2nd for Henderson but thinking that might not be enough. I just need a warm body in there to get me 10 a game or similar

I’m totally win-now. I won it last year and lead in total points and have the best record this year. I was offered Saquon for Breece. Without Breece, RB 2 is my week spot. I think it’s fair and would really help me this year but I’d really like to get younger. Any more thoughts on Breece’s value?

FWIW, I went ahead and offered my projected late 1st for Swift in every league where I have one and all were rejected without counter.

I’m totally win-now. I won it last year and lead in total points and have the best record this year. I was offered Saquon for Breece. Without Breece, RB 2 is my week spot. I think it’s fair and would really help me this year but I’d really like to get younger. Any more thoughts on Breece’s value?

I would take Saquon over Breece very easily, but I am a known Saquon honk.

I tried to move James Robinson when his touches were dwindling behind Etienne in Jacksonville and got nowhere. Now that he's been traded to the Jets, what would you trade for him in a 12 team non-ppr dynasty where you have to start 2 RBs each week?

Henderson + DPJ
for

DPJ been getting consistent targets the past month (9/7/5/6), and that's with Jacoby. He's buying low before Watson gets in there and starts tearing it up.

Still only 23, playing opposite Amari. It's a very similar situation to DeVonta Smith. Loads of potential and he's starting to get consistent work and cashing in on opportunities (70 yards in 3 of last 4 games). I like DPJ a lot as a dynasty play once Watson comes around.

Users who are viewing this thread