What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Antonio Gibson value? I think we all agreed is down, after McKissik return to Washington and they are drafted RB in the 3rd round, but how much you are willing to pay in PPR Dynasty? Let's say 2023 1st in the range of 1.08-1.10?

I have Gibson in a 1QB 1/2 PPR.   Even with a very nice looking 2023 1st round (I'm thinking specifically of 3 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE), I think I would rather have Gibson.   I suppose the 1.8 would be pretty tempting, but I'm probably just drafting a guy there that I'm hoping will be Gibson.   I think you have to get a premium at that spot if you're willing to play the waiting game in a 1QB.

If we're talking superflex, 1.8-1.10 in 2023 is practically can't miss given the QB class.   If you think Washington is just going to waste him, then I can see pulling the trigger to lock in that value.   

This is wishful thinking on my part, but I could see a world where Gibson gets traded in season if Brian Robinson Jr. shows well and McKissic does his thing.   Just seems like there would be teams that would value the receiving potential more than Washington seems to.   I can't even imagine how happy Gibson to the Chiefs would make me if CEH continues to underwhelm.   

I think Parker is better than all those and should be the go to guy.  I would expect that to happen which is why I would be willing to take the chance with a 2nd but since NE sometimes doesn't do what FF wants them to do there is risk which is why I wouldn't do a 1st.  

Sounds like we are in agreement.

I have Parker in a league and am not optimistic.  I was surprised to see people talking about a 2nd so I offered him up to the entire league for a 2nd round pick (10 teams, one team had no 2nds this year or next) and sadly all rejected without counter.

I think his value is more mid 3rd right now than 2nd.  I'm considering  trying again with Parker/3rd for 2nd, but I doubt I'll get any bites.

This is FFPC so smaller rosters, so maybe things would be a bit different with larger rosters (although I would expect that would help the value of 2nd round rookies too).

I have Parker in a league and am not optimistic.  I was surprised to see people talking about a 2nd so I offered him up to the entire league for a 2nd round pick (10 teams, one team had no 2nds this year or next) and sadly all rejected without counter.

I think his value is more mid 3rd right now than 2nd.  I'm considering  trying again with Parker/3rd for 2nd, but I doubt I'll get any bites.

This is FFPC so smaller rosters, so maybe things would be a bit different with larger rosters (although I would expect that would help the value of 2nd round rookies too).
I wish you were in my league.  We would already have a deal.

Whats the value of the 1.01 this year? I have it in a few spots and want to reduce my variance. Just curious if anyone has seen it go for anything respectable .

Alright, looking for some guidance as my efforts have proven futile.  

12 Team 1 QB PPR rebuild started last year.  Can start 5 WR due to 2 Flex.  

2 bad trades hurt my efforts (Ridley being 1).

What is the current Market Share of Den WR Courtland Sutton?

26 year old, 6'4" 216 lb and signed a new contract 2021 (& modified it for Cap Space 3 months later)

2019 was his best (so far) season 72 rec 1112 yards 6 TD plus a few rushes (3 for 17 yards)

Wore a knee brace most of 2021 season but has shed the crutch.  

QB Play in Denver just took a step up from Drew Lock with Russel Wilson now running the show. 

He was WR3-4 with Bridgewater & Lock at the helm. 

Average Projection are 70-75 rec 950-1050 yards 6-8 TD. I estimate that as Low end WR1/High WR2 range. 

Some Calc's have him equiv 1.09-1.10 picks in 2022 for 1QB draft. 

The best I am getting offered is far from that range.  (BO so far 2023 3rd & 2024 2nd)

Is this just a current market trend as Jeudy is expected to be WR1 and dominate or will the Den Offense handle 2 WR like Sea Offense with Lockett & DK Metcalf? 

Alright, looking for some guidance as my efforts have proven futile.  

12 Team 1 QB PPR rebuild started last year.  Can start 5 WR due to 2 Flex.  

2 bad trades hurt my efforts (Ridley being 1).

What is the current Market Share of Den WR Courtland Sutton?

26 year old, 6'4" 216 lb and signed a new contract 2021 (& modified it for Cap Space 3 months later)

2019 was his best (so far) season 72 rec 1112 yards 6 TD plus a few rushes (3 for 17 yards)

Wore a knee brace most of 2021 season but has shed the crutch.  

QB Play in Denver just took a step up from Drew Lock with Russel Wilson now running the show. 

He was WR3-4 with Bridgewater & Lock at the helm. 

Average Projection are 70-75 rec 950-1050 yards 6-8 TD. I estimate that as Low end WR1/High WR2 range. 

Some Calc's have him equiv 1.09-1.10 picks in 2022 for 1QB draft. 

The best I am getting offered is far from that range.  (BO so far 2023 3rd & 2024 2nd)

Is this just a current market trend as Jeudy is expected to be WR1 and dominate or will the Den Offense handle 2 WR like Sea Offense with Lockett & DK Metcalf? 
Feels like a Hold to me, obviously, if that’s the best you’re being offered. And hoprfully he gets a nice value bump with Wilson at QB and then you decide to keep him or trade then. 

signed,

Captain Obvious

Feels like a Hold to me, obviously, if that’s the best you’re being offered. And hoprfully he gets a nice value bump with Wilson at QB and then you decide to keep him or trade then. 

signed,

Captain Obvious
Agree, he's a hold unless someone offers fair value. Fair value to me would be around the 1.07-1.08, the last of the 1st round WRs or so. Wouldn't move him for the 1.10 personally. 

joey said:

foxco said:
Agree, he's a hold unless someone offers fair value. Fair value to me would be around the 1.07-1.08, the last of the 1st round WRs or so. Wouldn't move him for the 1.10 personally. 

Dr. Octopus said:
He’s 26 even in a rebuild you don’t have to trade him.

Thanks for the feedback.  I had sent out a few offers and I got a reasonable counter-offer.... 

2.02 and 2023 2nd (mid?) plus TE Robert Tonyan (my best TE Seals-Jones NYG)

Strongly considering it!  I did not mention TE Premium 1.0 PPR (0.5 RB/WR) 

Thanks for the feedback.  I had sent out a few offers and I got a reasonable counter-offer.... 

I sell Sutton for that. 

That's not awful. Guess it depends on how deep you are at WR. Not sure about Tonyan even w/o Adams, but I'd wager he's a decent upgrade over RSJ. 

I’ll be honest and say I have bias because I have Sutton on a team but I’d rather I’d rather roll the dice with Sutton with Wilson under center. I think he’s a talent.

1QB PPR - McLaurin has to be worth a high 1st rookie pick this year or next, correct? More? Rather have the ‘23 pick obviously. Anybody seen him moved lately?
I’d probably move anything after 1.05 in this draft for Terry. As far as 2023, I’m probably holding those unless I really need a WR and you can guarantee me the pick is going to be late. If there’s a shot it’s Mid, I’m holding over Terry. 

Zeke 

im trying to figure out if I should ride him into the sunset like I did with Julio or trade him and a 2nd this year for A. Gibson 

I’ll be honest and say I have bias because I have Sutton on a team but I’d rather I’d rather roll the dice with Sutton with Wilson under center. I think he’s a talent.
I agree that Sutton is talented.  But with the OC driving a Run 1st Offense, Jeudy being a high target WR and the 2 TE schemes they are talking about running with 3rd Round Pick Dulcich (some considered #1 TE in the Draft), I don't think there will be enough targets to have Sutton reach the Top 24 production more than a few times all season.... Just too many Mouths to Feed in Denver IMO.  

Who’s more valuable the next 3-4 years- DK or AJB?
God that’s a difficult question. 

Short term edge to AJB. I don’t yet know what Hurts is, but I think he’s better than Lock/Geno. 

I love DK’s game. He’s a beast. No idea how this season’s gonna pan out.

Long term might go to DK, depending on who Seattle drafts at QB next year. 

I agree that Sutton is talented.  But with the OC driving a Run 1st Offense, Jeudy being a high target WR and the 2 TE schemes they are talking about running with 3rd Round Pick Dulcich (some considered #1 TE in the Draft), I don't think there will be enough targets to have Sutton reach the Top 24 production more than a few times all season.... Just too many Mouths to Feed in Denver IMO.  
Might be some shoot-outs in that division.

Who’s more valuable the next 3-4 years- DK or AJB?

God that’s a difficult question. 

Short term edge to AJB. I don’t yet know what Hurts is, but I think he’s better than Lock/Geno. 

I love DK’s game. He’s a beast. No idea how this season’s gonna pan out.

Long term might go to DK, depending on who Seattle drafts at QB next year. 
Challenging question ...  I am in the DK court.  

Philly wants to be a Run 1st offense and will REQUIRE Jalen Hurts to be a better passer with an added WR Weapon in AJB but how much will Devonte Smith or AJB get with Goedert still getting Hurt's 1st read?  

Even with a marginal Lock at QB in 2022, DK will see more targets, more opportunities and the likely QB upgrade (please no Baker), I see DK > AJB. 

Challenging question ...  I am in the DK court.  

Philly wants to be a Run 1st offense and will REQUIRE Jalen Hurts to be a better passer with an added WR Weapon in AJB but how much will Devonte Smith or AJB get with Goedert still getting Hurt's 1st read?  

Even with a marginal Lock at QB in 2022, DK will see more targets, more opportunities and the likely QB upgrade (please no Baker), I see DK > AJB. 
Yeah, this could be it.  It’s a really challenging question for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t get the “too many mouths” argument here to be honest. I mean they did go out and acquire Russell Wilson so I think they’ll be passing plenty enough - I really only see him competing with Jeudy for targets - I don’t see why 2 TE schemes would be an issue since that would still leave Sutton out there and it’s not like Denver is stacked at TE with Albert O and a rookie (assuming a normal rookie TE season).

Zeke 

im trying to figure out if I should ride him into the sunset like I did with Julio or trade him and a 2nd this year for A. Gibson 

I think I’d trade him plus a 2nd for Gibson if that deal were available. I just traded away Zeke when someone offered me a 2023 1st and 3rd (I was shocked someone wanted him that badly) but that was  the beginning of my total rebuild in that league. If your window is This Year, then maybe you hold Zeke, but are we confident at all that he does better than Gibson? Definitely 2 divisive RBs in Zeke and Gibson at this point. 

1QB PPR - McLaurin has to be worth a high 1st rookie pick this year or next, correct? More? Rather have the ‘23 pick obviously. Anybody seen him moved lately?
I've got the 1.04 in one league and need WR help, but no clear pecking order of the top rookies so I feel like I'd be guessing with that pick just as much as the 1.08 or 1.10 would be.  Terry is a guy I've looked at trying to acquire. He's on the team of our current champ so offering the 1.04 for Terry + 2.12 is my starting offer I think, and we'll see if the champ is in love with any of the rookie WRs yet...  

I've got the 1.04 in one league and need WR help, but no clear pecking order of the top rookies so I feel like I'd be guessing with that pick just as much as the 1.08 or 1.10 would be.  Terry is a guy I've looked at trying to acquire. He's on the team of our current champ so offering the 1.04 for Terry + 2.12 is my starting offer I think, and we'll see if the champ is in love with any of the rookie WRs yet...  
as an owner of McLaurin, I wouldn’t trade him for the 1.04 straight up.   At best your “hoping” the 1.04 turns into McLaurin. So I’d expect the 1.04 plus something to make it worth my while. 

Looking to get younger at WR, what sort of 2023 pick should I be able to get for each of the following - Deandre Hopkins, Tyler Lockett, Mike Evans? Probably wanting to get rid of the first two as opposed to Evans at least for now but no idea if I'm overvaluing them with the suspension/QB issues respectively

Looking to get younger at WR, what sort of 2023 pick should I be able to get for each of the following - Deandre Hopkins, Tyler Lockett, Mike Evans? Probably wanting to get rid of the first two as opposed to Evans at least for now but no idea if I'm overvaluing them with the suspension/QB issues respectively

(The "values" in picks I list are based on a fairly standard 12 team, PPR non-IDP league)

My guess is right now it won't be as high as you'd like, especially for Hopkins and Lockett. In addition to the 2023 picks considered to have more value than usual with the supposed very strong class, with those two:

Hopkins: The Cardinals have added Marquise Brown and he is suspended the first half of the season, and he will be 30 at the start of the season. While I still think he is capable of putting up top numbers, he is still a declining asset looking at a smaller piece of the receiving pie. In 10 games last year he was above average at best, with 4 receptions/60 yards/0.8 TD per game, not elite. I'd find this to be the difficult spot where if I was a contender and he could potentially push me towards a title this year in his return, I'd give a 2nd rounder, if I was a middle of the road or rebuilding team I wouldn't give much for him and if I was his owner I'd probably want more than a 2nd rounder for him.

Lockett: He turns 30 shortly after the start of the season, but the biggest question is who will be throwing the ball to him, will the Hawks be a run first, run second team without Wilson there, limiting Lockett further. I'd say he likely has a similar breakdown as Hopkins in terms of value, maybe a little less as he does not have the dominating potential, but unless it's a contending team where he would come in as their WR3/PPR flex type guy that gives the edge to them in a playoff/title push, I can't see giving up more than a future 3rd for him, unless I'm certain my 2nd rounder is going to be very late. And again, if I am a middling/rebuilding team, he's a no go.

Looking to get younger at WR, what sort of 2023 pick should I be able to get for each of the following - Deandre Hopkins, Tyler Lockett, Mike Evans? Probably want to get rid of the first two as opposed to Evans at least for now but no idea if I'm overvaluing them with the suspension/QB issues respectively
Two trades went in  my leagues Yesterday, involving Hopkins and Evans, both 12 teams 1 QB start, both during the rookie draft

1. Hopkins and 3.05 for 1.06

2. Evans and 2.12 for 1.08 and 2.01 

Two trades went in  my leagues Yesterday, involving Hopkins and Evans, both 12 teams 1 QB start, both during the rookie draft

1. Hopkins and 3.05 for 1.06

2. Evans and 2.12 for 1.08 and 2.01 
These both seem fair.  I would consider that for sure as a Hopkins owner hoping to cash out before his value truly plummets in the next season or 2.

These both seem fair.  I would consider that for sure as a Hopkins owner hoping to cash out before his value truly plummets in the next season or 2.
I thought Hopkins value plummeted last year.  The 6 game suspension can't have helped. That's a terrible deal. 

• Hopkins: none. With the PED suspension, and coming off of a terrible season, combined with the fact that his age starts with a 3 now,  I wouldn't pay a 2nd for him. I wouldn't shop for him at all. Someone might be willing to take a chance, but that 6 game suspension is brutal. 
  • Lockett is also old for FF, and has Lock throwing to him. Maybe a 3rd? 
  • Evans could probably get you a 1st. 

I thought Hopkins's value plummeted last year.  The game suspension can't have helped. That's a terrible deal. 
I am not arguing if Hopkins/Evans trades were good or not. The question was about the value vs picks and those two specific players happened to be traded, I just share the results. 

I am not arguing if Hopkins/Evans trades were good or not. The question was about the value vs picks and those two specific players happened to be traded, I just share the results. 
Oh I was more commenting on the question above that.

But the Hopkins trade is pretty rough. Shocking someone paid a 1st for him. 

I am trying to acquire AJ Dillon. Talented back that still is clouded by a talented aging vet ahead of him. Anyone have a good value comparison in player or picks….or has seen a trade with him involved?

I am trying to acquire AJ Dillon. Talented back that still is clouded by a talented aging vet ahead of him. Anyone have a good value comparison in player or picks….or has seen a trade with him involved?

I think I would have a pretty tough decision if someone offered the 1.8 in my 1QB.    A 2023 1st with any realistic possibility of top 5/6  might also do it if it didn't leave too big of a hole in my 2022 ambitions.    I kind of  assume that Dillon will share the backfield with a rookie RB of decent draft capital when Jones departs.

I think I would have a pretty tough decision if someone offered the 1.8 in my 1QB.    A 2023 1st with any realistic possibility of top 5/6  might also do it if it didn't leave too big of a hole in my 2022 ambitions.    I kind of  assume that Dillon will share the backfield with a rookie RB of decent draft capital when Jones departs.

Think I would decline 1.08 this year pre draft, on the clock with a reach ahead of me seems break even. 2023 1st, unless basically guaranteed late, I'd send Dillon for. Roster dependent though

It’s not like Jones is old, he’s 27 and seems to have a lot left.  At least a couple more productive years.

It’s not like Jones is old, he’s 27 and seems to have a lot left.  At least a couple more productive years.
I said aging vet…who will be 28 at end of year. My point is I like Dillons talent and his value is still suppressed by Aaron still being there thus making him more affordable at this time. Dillon was eating more of the pie last year and I think that continues going forward. From a cost to talent ratio, Dillon is one of my favorite targets this off-season. 

I said aging vet…who will be 28 at end of year. My point is I like Dillons talent and his value is still suppressed by Aaron still being there thus making him more affordable at this time. Dillon was eating more of the pie last year and I think that continues going forward. From a cost to talent ratio, Dillon is one of my favorite targets this off-season. 
I’m onboard with Dillon in one league.  I hope he stays healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread