What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (9 Viewers)

Fwiw I was just offer burrow and tee Higgins for my josh Allen 1,3,4, and 5 and scoffed at it when I seen it. Not sure if that helps you put a value on burrow or not but it’s all I have to offer. 

I am not sure if everything listed would be enough to give up Allen let alone including a first, 3rd, 4th and 5th with Allen.  

Burrow has a major knee injury and Allen was a top 2-3 QB this year in most leagues.  This belongs in the worst trade offer thread.  

I am not sure if everything listed would be enough to give up Allen let alone including a first, 3rd, 4th and 5th with Allen.  

Burrow has a major knee injury and Allen was a top 2-3 QB this year in most leagues.  This belongs in the worst trade offer thread.  
I agree. 100%. He was the number one an in my league. By a decent margin. Just figured I’d throw it out there since everyone thought burrow was the second coming and figured those feeling my still be present with big al. I know I’m burrow owner in a league and while I have lofty expectations I’d be happy as a hog rolling in crap to package him to get Herbert. 

Am I missing something? I'm in 5 FFPC leagues, in all of them there's at least 8 teams in each league that are holding multiple QB's. In 2 of them I'm looking to upgrade my QB, in 1 of them I'm trying to get a QB to fill out my (it's the only piece I'm really missing). I've offered a future 1st plus multiple top50 players and nobody is giving them up.

I was looking at Watson, Dak, Kyler, Herbert, Burrow, made what I feel was a great offer for Mahomes. Nobody wants to deal any of them when they also hold another top15 QB. 

Am I the only person in high priced QB FFPC leagues? 

Am I missing something? I'm in 5 FFPC leagues, in all of them there's at least 8 teams in each league that are holding multiple QB's. In 2 of them I'm looking to upgrade my QB, in 1 of them I'm trying to get a QB to fill out my (it's the only piece I'm really missing). I've offered a future 1st plus multiple top50 players and nobody is giving them up.

I was looking at Watson, Dak, Kyler, Herbert, Burrow, made what I feel was a great offer for Mahomes. Nobody wants to deal any of them when they also hold another top15 QB. 

This is truly bizarre in non-SF FFPC. So no I'm not seeing this anywhere.

I've got Herbert(2) and Dak as my backup and I've never remotely sniffed a one for them, present of future. I mentioned earlier I could not get a second for Dak last year.

What did you offer for Mahomes?

I can't speak for FFPC, but there was discussion last month about the difficulty in trading within this QB market. I don't think acquiring a good one right now is anywhere near as easy as some believe. 

I almost never hold a second QB past the offseason cuts. Unless I think I can get *something* in a trade for one of them later. One team has Dak and Wilson and I will likely take a ham sandwich for either so I can make room.

In my experience I have seen what you're talking about and feel too many FFPC owners hold too many QBs, and I try to exploit that if I can. 

The best value I have gotten from QB deals in FFPC is when they are involved in bigger deals. 

As for Mahomes, I bought him in one FFPC league this week for 1.05 plus Burrows. That team could afford it and getting uber elite at QB seemed like the right move. In a really bad orphan I took over I moved Mahomes for Claypool, Moss and an early current 3rd.  FWIW.

If you offered me a future 1st plus a top 50 player for one of my QBs I would probably break my keyboard, so if you're getting turned down then yes I would say maybe you are unlucky in terms of the randomness of your leaguemates. 

I can't speak for FFPC, but there was discussion last month about the difficulty in trading within this QB market. I don't think acquiring a good one right now is anywhere near as easy as some believe. 
I think the landscape has shifted over the last couple years. There are maybe 7 or 8 really top options that you need to have one of to compete. And no they aren't cheap. 

This is truly bizarre in non-SF FFPC. So no I'm not seeing this anywhere.

I've got Herbert(2) and Dak as my backup and I've never remotely sniffed a one for them, present of future. I mentioned earlier I could not get a second for Dak last year.

What did you offer for Mahomes?
The guy who has Mahomes doesn't have any other QB's. But I offered Baker, Deebo, 2.06, future 1st (I was the #2 pick this year thanks to some bad luck, but should be a contender). The guy has yet to see it I guess or is just letting it sit, but it's been offered for a few days.

The other QB's I went after had some combination of Baker/Sutton/Deebo/2.06 in them

The guy who has Mahomes doesn't have any other QB's. But I offered Baker, Deebo, 2.06, future 1st (I was the #2 pick this year thanks to some bad luck, but should be a contender). The guy has yet to see it I guess or is just letting it sit, but it's been offered for a few days.

The other QB's I went after had some combination of Baker/Sutton/Deebo/2.06 in them
That probably has as much to do with the roster consolidation issue prior to cutdown as it does to the value of the QB.   If you offered Baker + picks you'd probably have a better chance to get a deal done.  Adding in the extra players makes the deal less desirable. 

IMO you are going to have to be giving a clear upgrade with a lot of value to pry Mahomes away as opposed to multiple good, but smaller pieces. So a dollar plus a fifty cent piece as opposed to 6 quarters kind of thing, if that makes sense.

That probably has as much to do with the roster consolidation issue prior to cutdown as it does to the value of the QB.   If you offered Baker + picks you'd probably have a better chance to get a deal done.  Adding in the extra players makes the deal less desirable. 
That's what I'm guessing as well, just people don't like Deebo/Sutton as much (which is kind of crazy to me). I also send offers a lot, so maybe teams are just annoyed with me too, who knows. 

That's what I'm guessing as well, just people don't like Deebo/Sutton as much (which is kind of crazy to me). I also send offers a lot, so maybe teams are just annoyed with me too, who knows. 
If it helps to have more than one opinion, then I feel the same way Buckna does about your offer only I didn't put fingers to keyboard about it until he said it.

If it helps to have more than one opinion, then I feel the same way Buckna does about your offer only I didn't put fingers to keyboard about it until he said it.
That's the part I don't get, because I view Deebo and Sutton highly, 2.06 is valuable and Baker could be a future star since he's fixed some efficiency issues. Maybe it's just I view my own players with rose colored glasses, but that doesn't strike me as 6 quarters, that comes across to me as that "dollar piece plus a 50 cent piece" with a quarter or two mixed in offer like @Bucknaexplained.

So it basically comes down to how teams view those players, I like them a lot, but they're still my WR4/5's, so my team composition only makes sense to use them as "upgrade" pieces. But if teams don't like them enough that leaves me stuck. 

That's the part I don't get, because I view Deebo and Sutton highly, 2.06 is valuable and Baker could be a future star since he's fixed some efficiency issues. Maybe it's just I view my own players with rose colored glasses, but that doesn't strike me as 6 quarters, that comes across to me as that "dollar piece plus a 50 cent piece" with a quarter or two mixed in offer like @Bucknaexplained.

So it basically comes down to how teams view those players, I like them a lot, but they're still my WR4/5's, so my team composition only makes sense to use them as "upgrade" pieces. But if teams don't like them enough that leaves me stuck. 
I rate Sutton highly, but Deebo as a couple of quarters. But that's me. I think Aiyuk came in and became the number one pretty quickly while Deebo was hurt. And Kittle comes back next year to suck up targets.

Baker isn't even close to solidified as a viable fantasy starter, IMO, and is a single quarter. 2.06 is definitely valuable, but it's all not enough to make me part with Mahomes (and I'm not taking roster cut downs or construction into consideration yet).

Mahomes is money in the bank. The other guys and the pick are question marks. That's just my opinion, but I don't think the guy is tired of dealing with you, it's just that the offer isn't good enough. Needs a bona fide stud without a question mark.

As much as dynasty players claim they value players from a long term perspective and player values don't fluctuate much, many have re-draft mindsets.

Deebo and Sutton lose "value" in the dynasty community simply because they were mostly out of sight (and out of mind) last season due to injury. They need to build their value back up.

As much as dynasty players claim they value players from a long term perspective and player values don't fluctuate much, many have re-draft mindsets.

Deebo and Sutton lose "value" in the dynasty community simply because they were mostly out of sight (and out of mind) last season due to injury. They need to build their value back up.
I actually think too many dynasty owners are always "playing for the future" and don't think enough like redraft from year to year.  

I do agree with the generally sentiment here that players like Deebo and Sutton lose a lot of perceived value after seasons like they had and if you are a believer in them you can generally get them at a nice discount.  However, trying to sell them at the healthy value will never really work.  

I actually think too many dynasty owners are always "playing for the future" and don't think enough like redraft from year to year.  
That's not really the point I was trying to make (I did not make it clearly, admittedly) but I agree there's some truth in this statement as well.

To echo some of the sentiments, Deebo and Sutton are both guys I like and are targeting to acquire, but both have injury questions and doubt if they can bounce back. A guy like Mahomes, most are going to want clear upgrades/help with little question marks coming back.

For example, in 1 of my leagues where I am rebuilding I have tried to acquire Mahomes from a team that also has Dak. This team is competitive but a starter or two away from challenging the best team in the league, in order to pry Mahomes away that owner has told me he needs a clear upgrade to a stud at one of his other skill positions to consider it.

The guy who has Mahomes doesn't have any other QB's. But I offered Baker, Deebo, 2.06, future 1st (I was the #2 pick this year thanks to some bad luck, but should be a contender).
I must say I would have turned down this offer as well on my Mahomes teams and most of those teams have a top 7 backup QB but I still would have passed.

I got a working theory for the most part were if I'm giving up what I view as a blue chip player I got to get a blue chip player or a draft pick I think I'm in position to draft one and this applies even in for a devalued QB.  That future pick might be that, but I don't deal him for might be.

It so happens most of my Mahomes teams are also fairly loaded and deep and that matters as well. I mentioned blue chip players above but a more concrete thing to say might be that if I'm moving Mahomes I need to be able to improve my lineup somewhere else.  I got a league were last week I tried sending some offers to give up Herbert to a new owner who just took over a fairly stacked orphan team but one lacking at QB. He had zero interest but instead came after Mahomes with some weak offers before asking if I would trade him what would I want? I looked at his roster and replied I'd trade him but would need to get back one of AJB, Swift or Akers as part of the deal. Anything less then one of them and I'd be worsening my projected starting lineup while assisting a team I view as likely a major competitor of mine over next few years. That was also the end of those trade talks.

Another effort to gauge the value of Michael Thomas. I've checked online dynasty rankings and trade value charts but there aren't many that have integrated 2021 rookies with vets yet so I'm interested in hearing what everyone here thinks. Please rank the following players in terms of value:

Michael Thomas

Jonathan Taylor

Etienne

Najee Harris

Ja'Marr Chase

Davonta Smith

Jaylen Waddle

Dobbins

Swift

Another effort to gauge the value of Michael Thomas. I've checked online dynasty rankings and trade value charts but there aren't many that have integrated 2021 rookies with vets yet so I'm interested in hearing what everyone here thinks. Please rank the following players in terms of value:

Michael Thomas

Jonathan Taylor

Etienne

Najee Harris

Ja'Marr Chase

Davonta Smith

Jaylen Waddle

Dobbins

Swift
Taylor

Swift

Dobbins

Thomas

Harris

Etienne

Chase

Waddle

Smith

Anyone care to rank these guys from a dynasty value:

Derrick Henry

Miles Sanders

Deandre Hopkins

Michael Thomas
I’d have them exactly as you lost them. I could flip Henry and Sanders if I was rebuilding. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d have them exactly as you lost them. I could flip Henry and Sanders if I was rebuilding. 
It's a startup and have been contemplating Sanders over Henry.  The 2 WRs are the other people I'm considering, but considering how things have unfolded, I can see 1 of them being available next round.  Lamb, Jefferson, and Swift went in the first 14 picks.  Has me scratching my head.

Anyone care to rank these guys from a dynasty value:

Derrick Henry

Miles Sanders

Deandre Hopkins

Michael Thomas
Exactly like you have them. I’ll probably be in the minority with Henry given his age and workload, but he’s just cut from a different cloth to me. Until he shows me any signs that he’s slowing down, he’s about as safe as they come at the position to me, even in PPR. 

Exactly like you have them. I’ll probably be in the minority with Henry given his age and workload, but he’s just cut from a different cloth to me. Until he shows me any signs that he’s slowing down, he’s about as safe as they come at the position to me, even in PPR. 
Exactly my thought process.  Having trouble deciding between the 2.  Sanders is electric, but had multiple injuries this year.  And that oline is atrocious.

It's a startup and have been contemplating Sanders over Henry.  The 2 WRs are the other people I'm considering, but considering how things have unfolded, I can see 1 of them being available next round.  Lamb, Jefferson, and Swift went in the first 14 picks.  Has me scratching my head.
I see no reason to think Henry doesn’t have at least one more RB1 year in him. Given his running style, I could easily see 2 RB2 seasons beyond that.  You’d have to bet on Sanders’ upside to put him ahead of Henry.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is ffpc, right? 

Sutton/Deebo lose value because you only have to start 2 wr and everyone already has 3-4 guys like Deebo and 2 like Sutton. 

Baker has virtually no value in ffpc non-sf. 

How do people view Calvin Ridley? He broke out and looks to be that future centerpiece, but is he actually a dominant #1? I doubt it, some don't. He's a guy I can see being valued all over the place a bit. In PPR he's WR3 this past year so it's not like he isn't elite. But that team looks to be on the downswing. 

What's the difference between him and Deebo? Sutton? JuJu? DJ Moore? All who are young (or youngish, entering their prime) and have broken out with the look to be good WR2 type floors. 

Then you have the young up and coming studs who have yet to establish as much like Higgins, Lamb, Aiyuk and Claypool. All of them seem to have higher ceilings but haven't quite established their floors yet like the ones above. 
I think Calvin Ridley is a more skilled route runner and just all around better football player than the other WR you mention. He may not be as athletic as those guys or as big, but I think he is more consistent and reliable.

I think people have been unfairly dismissing Calvin Ridley and I am not sure why?

I know I fell in love with him from the first time I saw him. I was actually watching Kenyan Drake at the time. Ridley sees the defense so well he blocks one defender into another one, effectively blocking them both and Drake has nothing but grass in front of him after that.

He is great player.

roarlions said:

Michael Thomas

Jonathan Taylor

Etienne

Najee Harris

Ja'Marr Chase

Davonta Smith

Jaylen Waddle

Dobbins

Swift
Swift

Taylor

Thomas

Dobbins

Chase

Etienne

Smith

Harris

Waddle

I havent been looking at ADP or rankings or anything so no idea how that might rank them, which when you are talking about value, I am guessing you mean the perceived value not the actual value (which none of really knows). So the perceived value would be what the ADP says and that is likely pretty different than how I rank them.

I am guessing most people have Taylor ahead of Swift for example, but I like Swift more. He reminds me of Dalvin Cook and it hurts because he plays for my favorite teams rival. I do think he could be that good though.

Taylor is awesome as well. The coaches a pita though.

I am putting the Lions woeful history aside here and everything I am hearing from the coaching staff sets Swift up to possibly have a monster season in 2021.

I like Davonta Smith a lot, maybe even more than Chase, I am undecided about that but I am open to that possibility, but I ranked him lower because I do know the consensus will not value him as much as I do.

It feels sort of wrong to have those 2 RB ahead of Michael Thomas, but I am not sure what Thomas is going to be producing if/when Brees is out of the picture. So he isnt really a player I want to have right now with that uncertainty.

I would not adjust my ranking on Michael Thomas much vs whatever each individual settled on this time last year. I was lower on him than the consensus (unsustainable efficiency/target share), but he was still a tier 1 guy.

Dillon is going rounds after Aaron Jones - and that feels wrong to me. I prefer the former. What are your thoughts?
This is one where I can’t understand how you can rank them until we see where Williams and Jones end up...way too many moving parts which means there’s a ton of room for error.

Dillon is going rounds after Aaron Jones - and that feels wrong to me. I prefer the former. What are your thoughts?
Those of us that think Jones is elsewhere think Dillon is criminally under valued right now. I think once that happens then Dillon will vault to the RB15-20 range. Given the locations Jones is most likely to end up I think his value won't change much from what it is now.

I’m fairly certain Jones has been a top 5 rb the last two years. I think it’s safe to assume he’s playing elsewhere next year, but I don’t see his value changing much. Some team is going to pay him a lot of money and utilize him as such, and he’s one of the most dynamic backs in the league. I’m still very much on board, personally. 

Those of us that think Jones is elsewhere think Dillon is criminally under valued right now. I think once that happens then Dillon will vault to the RB15-20 range. Given the locations Jones is most likely to end up I think his value won't change much from what it is now.
Where is he likely to go? I expect a bad FO to sign him. 

He’s 26 and has missed games in 3 of his 4 seasons. I think he’s more likely to have zero top 10 seasons left than 2+, personally. I could be wrong, of course. Just not a profile I typically look to invest in. 

I think it’s safe to assume he’s playing elsewhere next year
I think Aaron Jones will remain and I'm not saying that overly confident but it's the way I lean.

From what I read just a few days ago they offered him an average per year salary that would have put him among the top RB's in APY pay but it was short on guarantees. I'm just thinking if GB was inclined to offer that contract they'd be inclined to slap the franchise tag on him for about $11M.

Where is he likely to go? I expect a bad FO to sign him. 

He’s 26 and has missed games in 3 of his 4 seasons. I think he’s more likely to have zero top 10 seasons left than 2+, personally. I could be wrong, of course. Just not a profile I typically look to invest in. 
Seattle, Buffalo, and Miami top my list.

I think Aaron Jones will remain and I'm not saying that overly confident but it's the way I lean.

From what I read just a few days ago they offered him an average per year salary that would have put him among the top RB's in APY pay but it was short on guarantees. I'm just thinking if GB was inclined to offer that contract they'd be inclined to slap the franchise tag on him for about $11M.
What are the odds he suits up, if they do? Not great, IMO.

Given Green Bay's cap situation and the other players that require a retain or not decision I'd be mildly surprised if he's retained at a meaningful dollar and shocked if he gets the franchise tag,

Carson is a UFA and Carroll has made it very clear what he thinks about the run game.
They have a lot of needs and a lot money tied up in their top guys. (I don’t know how many of those guys are cut or restructure candidates, however.) On top of that, signing Jones to a big deal is an obviously bad move, IMO. I don’t see SEA making that kind of mistake. I see them reuniting with Mike Davis (or signing someone like him), drafting a RB in the second or third, and/or re-signing Carson.

I could be wrong, of course. But I’d be surprised. 

What are the odds he suits up, if they do? Not great, IMO.
Unless a player has an existing health condition that requires scrutiny I try to stay out of  the injury prediction business. Granted he's not been full strength every week but he's played 84.5% of his available games since he came into the league and that's not bad for a RB IMO.

I also think if he returns to GB  that his role will look a little different paired with Dillon then it did paired with Jamaal.  Dillon might take on a little more of the grinding role which could help him. Also might take more then a few TD's away from him.

Hey Guys,

Dan Hindery said some folks have had trouble finding the Trade Value Chart. 

Can you please be super specific and let us know exactly where you normally see it and now can't see it?

We LOVE that feature and nothing has changed on our end that we aware of. 

We just want to know exactly what you mean. Thanks. 

Unless a player has an existing health condition that requires scrutiny I try to stay out of  the injury prediction business. Granted he's not been full strength every week but he's played 84.5% of his available games since he came into the league and that's not bad for a RB IMO.

I also think if he returns to GB  that his role will look a little different paired with Dillon then it did paired with Jamaal.  Dillon might take on a little more of the grinding role which could help him. Also might take more then a few TD's away from him.
I meant to say that he’s likely to hold out.   

Users who are viewing this thread