What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Jaelon Darden, Bucs (2 Viewers)

The offense is the offense. You don’t let a good player that you’ll have for 4-5 years walk because you have a temporary hole at QB. 
Yea, you do. Because Godwin is gonna be a very popular FA & likely not cheap. I can’t see why you’d pay him when you don’t have a QB. The window to compete is pretty relevant to that sort of spending. 

The offense is the offense. You don’t let a good player that you’ll have for 4-5 years walk because you have a temporary hole at QB. 
Actually I wasn't insinuating they should let Godwin go.  You said he was the perfect WR for their offense and I said he was if they have a good QB.  You said the offense is the offense, kind of indicating it's a good offense without a good QB and I disagree..  I think he may find a better situation with a good QB, or Tampa may sign a good QB, who knows.   The Bucs are still in win mode, so there is that, but it won't be easy without a good QB.

Yea, you do. Because Godwin is gonna be a very popular FA & likely not cheap. I can’t see why you’d pay him when you don’t have a QB. The window to compete is pretty relevant to that sort of spending. 
Because you can try to get a QB in 23 if you don’t get one this year. You don’t let an excellent player walk to just exasperate a problem further. 

Because you can try to get a QB in 23 if you don’t get one this year. You don’t let an excellent player walk to just exasperate a problem further. 
Ok, so gaming that out, they don’t compete in 2022, then they have a rookie QB in 2023, and best case scenario that rookie is playing great & the team is competing in 2024, or maybe even 2025? That’s potentially 2-3 years of a very expensive Godwin on a non-winning team. He turns 26 next week, FWIW. 

Unless a rookie in 2023 is going to fall to the Bucs & take the league by storm of course. That’s possible, but it’s pretty rare. I’d say there’s an equal to greater chance they won’t. 

What kind of contract would you sign Godwin to if you’re the Bucs, both years & $?

They might re-sign him - I dunno. I just see it as a lower priority for them than say, QB, TE or secondary help.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is a receiver who is poised to breakout on their roster, however, I believe it is Tyler Johnson.
I disagree. I think they know what they have in Johnson and haven't been all that impressed with him. He showed up to camp out of shape and then when Godwin went down he barely saw any targets for all the routes he was running. If targets are the one thing about the passing game that is earned, then he was sorely lacking in that respect. He never ran a forty at the combine, and is considered a subpar athlete for pro football. 

It's really too bad, because he's got the perfect height/frame to take over the Godwin role, only Godwin ran in the 4.4s coming out of college, while Johnson refused to be tested. 

Users who are viewing this thread