What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Dyami Brown, Washington Football Team (5 Viewers)

Sure, but how much bumping? Is he more than a 1 trick pony running deep routes?
That's a pretty good trick to have with Fitzpatrick at the wheel.   He seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders, so I think there's potential to be a complete WR even if it's a lot of field stretching early.    I might be wrong, but it seems like McLaurin was pigeonholed as that type of WR coming out, not that I'm banking on anything approaching that.

If he reels in a couple of bombs and gets someone hot and bothered in my league, I might be willing to sell for a large profit on my 5.12 investment.

I suspect he is more than that, but obviously that is TBD in an NFL game. If he is more, you won't be able to obtain him cheaply.
Exactly. I wanted Miami to draft him. Chris Simms has him as his #3 WR in the draft, high praise from someone who's been good at rating WRs. He had a nice back shoulder catch in the preseason. How much playing time will he get with Samuel out for 3 or more weeks?

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1428882458724950016?t=CgVxST25k74IPbdEeb-njg&s=19

https://twitter.com/DrJesseMorse/status/1436363702954086404?s=19

Exactly. I wanted Miami to draft him. Chris Simms has him as his #3 WR in the draft, high praise from someone who's been good at rating WRs. He had a nice back shoulder catch in the preseason. How much playing time will he get with Samuel out for 3 or more weeks?

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1428882458724950016?t=CgVxST25k74IPbdEeb-njg&s=19

https://twitter.com/DrJesseMorse/status/1436363702954086404?s=19
LOL, no.

1. DK Metcalf

2. Parris Campbell

3. Hollywood Brown

4. Deebo Samuel

5. AJ Brown

1. Oklahoma’s CeeDee Lamb

2. LSU’s Justin Jefferson

3. Alabama’s Henry Ruggs III

4. Penn State’s KJ Hamler

5. Clemson’s Tee Higgins (#5)

1.Ja’Marr Chase, LSU

2.DeVonta Smith, Alabama

3.Dyami Brown, UNC

4.Jaylen Waddle, Alabama

5.Kadarius Toney, Florida

LOL, no.

1. DK Metcalf

2. Parris Campbell

3. Hollywood Brown

4. Deebo Samuel

5. AJ Brown

1.Ja’Marr Chase, LSU

2.DeVonta Smith, Alabama

3.Dyami Brown, UNC

4.Jaylen Waddle, Alabama

Aside from an injured Campbell, that's a pretty good list compared with draft position. And he  called Claypool a freak of nature and 1st round talent. Hollywood Brown doesn't belong.

LOL, no.

1. DK Metcalf

2. Parris Campbell

3. Hollywood Brown

4. Deebo Samuel

5. AJ Brown

1.Ja’Marr Chase, LSU

2.DeVonta Smith, Alabama

3.Dyami Brown, UNC

4.Jaylen Waddle, Alabama

A.J. Brown is the only thing that really jumps out at me here…I mean, yeah, Campbell and DeeBo that high look bad now, but that’s mostly due to injuries. Real easy for us to pick it apart now. 

Aside from an injured Campbell, that's a pretty good list compared with draft position. And he  called Claypool a freak of nature and 1st round talent. Hollywood Brown doesn't belong.
He missed at a 60% rate each year!  3 each in 2019 and 2020, that's a horrendous percentage for someone given the accolade as being "good at rating WRs".  That's atrocious for someone with his level of access and knowledge.

He's already ####ed himself by putting Toney in the 2021 top five.  I expect Brown and probably both of Waddle and Smith to be misses as well.  And Chase is playing like he's afraid, but he should be alright.

NFL Week 1 fantasy football questions and answers: 32 reporters give advice on Julio Jones, Ravens running backs, more

Excerpt:

What role do you expect Dyami Brown to play in his NFL debut?

With Curtis Samuel being placed on the IR on Friday with an ailing groin, it'll be larger than expected. They love Brown's speed, but they also say he is fearless on slants or going over the middle and he can be used on bubble routes. The big question, though, is how many targets he'll receive because there's a list of players I'd anticipate being ahead of him in opportunities -- Terry McLaurin, Adam Humphries, Logan Thomas and J.D. McKissic. Ryan Fitzpatrick also really likes Cam Sims, though Brown could take reps away from him. Still, I would expect them to use Brown's speed, not just on deep balls but on slants where he could break a long gain. -- John Keim

Dyami Brown caught 1-of-4 targets for -2 yards in Washington's 20-16 Week 1 loss to the Chargers. 

Brown -- a dominant deep threat at North Carolina -- lined up opposite Terry McLaurin for most of the game and tied McLaurin with four targets on a day that saw Washington QBs attempt just 21 passes. The rookie's usage was encouraging considering the circumstances. Fantasy managers should be patient with Brown, though he won't be a fantasy starter in Week 2 against the Giants.

Dyami Brown caught 3-of-6 targets for 34 yards in Washington's Week 2 win over the Giants. 

It was a step up from Brown's one-grab Week 1, while Pro Football Focus charted him playing over 60 snaps, the second most in WFT's receiver corps. He was essentially an every-down player. It is going to be hard for deep threat Brown to be a target compiler behind Terry McLaurin and Logan Thomas, but his usage and big-play upside make him worth keeping around on the end of benches in 12-team leagues. 

Sep 17, 2021, 12:47 AM ET

Dyami Brown played 89 percent of Washington's offensive snaps in Week 2 against the Giants and ran the second most pass routes on the team.

Terry McLaurin was the only Football Team pass catcher to run more routes than Brown on Thursday night. Brown caught three of his six targets for 34 yards, netting an end zone target late in the contest. Brown's usage through two weeks has been better than any fantasy manager could have expected. The explosive rookie is behind only McLaurin in the team's wideout pecking order. The production will come, perhaps next week against the Bills. 

Sep 17, 2021, 12:11 PM ET

Dyami Brown (knee) missed his second consecutive practice on Thursday.

The Football Team ruled out Brown from returning to Sunday's game with the injury. Ricky Seals-Jones was the player that benefitted the most from Brown's absence on Sunday, as Washington responded by moving to heavier personnel packages. With only Terry McLaurin, Adam Humphries, DeAndre Carter, and rookie Dax Milne truly healthy among the WFT receiver group, Seals-Jones could again be a thing Sunday against the Saints.

RELATED: 

Ricky Seals-Jones

Oct 7, 2021, 2:06 PM ET

Dyami Brown (knee) is out for Week 5 against the Saints. 

Cam Sims (hamstring) is also out. Brown picked up the knee injury last week against the Falcons. Terry McLaurin will remain the Football Team's target vacuum, with Adam Humphries, DeAndre Carter, and rookie Dax Milne mixed in. The lack of pass-catching options could mean more opportunity for Ricky Seals-Jones, who takes over for Logan Thomas (hamstring). NBC Sports Edge's Denny Carter analyzed Seals-Jones' Week 5 prospects in this week's Target Decoder column. 

RELATED: 

Cam Sims

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Oct 8, 2021, 12:41 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Dyami Brown "has a minor knee injury" that will likely keep him sidelined for Week 9 against the Broncos. 

Brown left Washington's Week 7 game against Green Bay in the first quarter and did not return. With Curtis Samuel (groin) sidelined, Brown had established himself as a starter in two-wideout sets. Adam Humphries and DeAndre Carter joined Terry McLaurin as the Football Team's main receivers after Brown exited the game. Humphries will have some deep league fantasy appeal next week against the Broncos. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 25, 2021, 11:25 AM ET

I was thrilled to get him at the 5.12 in Dynasty but cut bait only 3 weeks into his rookie season.    Luxury bench stash I couldn't afford on a win-now team that had DSTs and backup RBs options available on waivers that were far more likely to help me win this year.   He could very well come back to burn me down the road.

It's an impulsive way to manage your dynasty team, but for me if was hard to justify a bench stash for a mid-round WR.   In particular, it's hard to unknow that he immediately fell into an opportunity that some WRs of greater talent in their 2nd or 3rd year can only dream about, and that he was unable to seize the moment, even though his inexperience as a rookie is clearly worthy of a pass.   If he gets healthy and finds a similar opportunity later in the season with Fitzpatrick back under center, I will try to get him on board for another shot.   Not sure how likely it is that everything aligns this season though.  

Dyami Brown (knee) is questionable for Week 10. 

That Brown isn't a sure thing to suit up against the Bucs is something of a surprise following the Football Team's Week 9 bye. Brown missed Week 8 against the Packers, when Adam Humphries and DeAndre Carter operated as Washington's starting wideouts alongside Terry McLaurin. Humphries and Carter would be WR4/5 plays if Brown is sidelined against Tampa. 

RELATED: 

Adam Humphries

, DeAndre Carter

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Nov 12, 2021, 12:54 PM ET

Dyami Brown (groin) is questionable for Week 6 against the Bears.​

Brown was limited in practice all week, setting him up to play Thursday night. With Jahan Dotson and Logan Thomas out last week, Brown played 32% of the snaps against the Titans and posted an explosive 2/105/2 line on four targets. Dotson and Thomas are again out for Week 6, so Brown could see increased playing time off his big outing. He'll be in play on one-game DFS slates should he be active.
Oct 12, 2022, 6:27 PM ET

Commanders WR Dyami Brown (groin) is active for Week 6 against the Bears.​

Coming off a stunning 2/105/2 outburst against the Titans, Brown is active for a banged-up Commanders skill group that will be missing Jahan Dotson and Logan Thomas. Brown is still only playable in Thursday evening showdown slates, and should be kept out of re-draft lineups. Joining Dotson and Thomas on the shelf are QB Sam Howell, RB Jonathan Williams, S Percy Butler, RT Sam Cosmi and CB William Jackson.
Oct 13, 2022, 6:47 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread