What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Michael Gallup Puns Galore (1 Viewer)

Dallas Morning News' Calvin Watkins reports Michael Gallup (knee) will undergo an MRI.

It's unclear if it's precautionary. Gallup led the Cowboys with a team-high eight targets in their Week 2 win over the Redskins, but the second-year wideout was absent for a portion of the final quarter for unknown (until now) reasons. We'll know more Monday, but any extended absence for Gallup would obviously be detrimental as he's been a key downfield cog in Kellen Moore's scheme through two weeks of play.

SOURCE: Calvin Watkins on Twitter

Sep 15, 2019, 10:44 PM ET

Darn. Another one of my WRs has to hoof it to the doctor. I was riding pretty high on him this year, too. Really looked like he was ready for the mane event. I'll yell until I'm horse if he misses any time. 

wow, just realizing the convenience of horse puns... way to make me laugh while i frantically look for good news on his injury

Sounds like Gallup needs clean up on meniscus and will be put out to pasture for 2-4 weeks.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Cowboys WR Michael Gallup (meniscus) will miss 2-4 weeks.

Gallup will undergo arthroscopic surgery to trim his meniscus. The good news is that there's reportedly no structural damage besides the meniscus tear, so the return is expected to be quick. Look for Devin Smith to take the majority of Gallup's outside snaps. Smith demonstrated some of the elite field-stretching ability that made him a second-round pick back in 2015 last week, catching all three of his targets for 74 yards and a touchdown. Amari Cooper will continue to work as the Cowboys' undisputed No. 1 pass-game target, while Randall Cobb will stick to his slot role.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Sep 16, 2019, 2:33 PM ET

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Cowboys WR Michael Gallup (meniscus) will miss 2-4 weeks.

Gallup will undergo arthroscopic surgery to trim his meniscus. The good news is that there's reportedly no structural damage besides the meniscus tear, so the return is expected to be quick. Look for Devin Smith to take the majority of Gallup's outside snaps. Smith demonstrated some of the elite field-stretching ability that made him a second-round pick back in 2015 last week, catching all three of his targets for 74 yards and a touchdown. Amari Cooper will continue to work as the Cowboys' undisputed No. 1 pass-game target, while Randall Cobb will stick to his slot role.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Sep 16, 2019, 2:33 PM ET
going to have to tie him to the hitching post for a few weeks

Key takeaways and stats to know from Week 2

Excerpt:

CHRIS GODWIN, MICHAEL GALLUP TAKING STEPS FORWARD

Michael Gallup was one of PFF’s highest-graded wide receivers in college football in his final year at Colorado State (2017), but the young wideout underwhelmed as a rookie in Dallas. He’s off to a much better start in Year 2, as he currently ranks second in receiving grade (85.0) among all wideouts with 40 or more routes run so far this season. He ranks second in yards per route run (4.35) and ninth in yards after the catch per reception (6.9). Gallup also leads the team in aimed target share at 24.2%. Dallas’ offense will miss his production now that he’s sidelined for two to four weeks.

Cooper should be chalk this week.  To replace Gallup lay your money on Cobb--he's got pretty good form. Or try to snag Demarcus Robinson.

If y’all mosey on over to the Damien Williams thread, you’ll see that someone in here left our barn door open.

Do please try to corral the horse puns to one thread.

Thanks!

Puns aside.

Anyone know if this type of surgery is on the latter end of the 2-4 weeks?

Looking at the end of my bench for someone to drop and not sure I can hold Gallup any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread